(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

12 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Just posting this to try and cut off any questions as this happens every alpha...

I will not be updating my mods publicly until A21 goes stable. Maybe just before once we know stable is imminent. 

See I must be a glutton for punishment, I am planning on updating my modlets probably around the first or second weekend after experimental drops  😆

Slacker  😏  j/k

• bdubyah changed the title to (A21E/A20) bdubyah's modlets

Odd and not sure if this has been reported before but sometimes when flying any if the helis you seem to hit an invisible barrier and start taking damage.

Mainly seems to happen in multiplayer.

It was happening in A20 as well.

Not near map borders, just randomly happens every now and again.

Anyone else had this issue?

Being a semi casual modder of 7d2d and only doing swrver side modlets at that; I was curious if it possible to use the new semi+trailer shape model and turn it into a massive, but slow moving storage vehicle. 

Perhaps the trailer could have multiple access points for the storage to help eliminate large storage issues?

11 hours ago, Stoneson said:

duster for a21 doesnt work. 

Should be fixed now.

5 hours ago, Lasher said:

Odd and not sure if this has been reported before but sometimes when flying any if the helis you seem to hit an invisible barrier and start taking damage.

Mainly seems to happen in multiplayer.

It was happening in A20 as well.

Not near map borders, just randomly happens every now and again.

Anyone else had this issue?

Likely the game/server is right on the edge of not keeping up with loading new chunks. I've had it happen in vanilla with the 4x4 once in a blue moon. There's a reason most vehicles are as slow as they are.

14 minutes ago, TantraMan said:

Being a semi casual modder of 7d2d and only doing swrver side modlets at that; I was curious if it possible to use the new semi+trailer shape model and turn it into a massive, but slow moving storage vehicle. 

Perhaps the trailer could have multiple access points for the storage to help eliminate large storage issues?

Not sure how possible that is right now since vehicle buffs seem to be broken. It could easily be ripped from the game and made into a new vehicle but that wouldn't be server side at that point. And multiple storage containers on one vehicle wouldn't be easily done, and likely not server side either.

18 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Should be fixed now.

Likely the game/server is right on the edge of not keeping up with loading new chunks. I've had it happen in vanilla with the 4x4 once in a blue moon. There's a reason most vehicles are as slow as they are.

Not sure how possible that is right now since vehicle buffs seem to be broken. It could easily be ripped from the game and made into a new vehicle but that wouldn't be server side at that point. And multiple storage containers on one vehicle wouldn't be easily done, and likely not server side either.

Yea I wouldn't think server side would be thing. I was just stating that us my only experience with modding. I have 0 experience with unity or c+. I'm self taught on xml. .so 100% amatuer at best. I was just curious if in the future it could be done. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to my favorite vehicle the UH 60. 

I love landing in town like a hot LZ and going on missions. 

Yes, they reworked the torque and turbo properties for vehicles. I have the AIO pack good to go I think but the individual mods might have to wait a bit. That's a lot of headache for something that could be broken again tomorrow.

5 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Yes, they reworked the torque and turbo properties for vehicles. I have the AIO pack good to go I think but the individual mods might have to wait a bit. That's a lot of headache for something that could be broken again tomorrow.

I was about to say "TFP broke the turbo, torque and max speed properties with the decreased rear movements and stuff"

I just changed my own QoL tweaks this afternoon, and was banging my head, saying "And bdub JUST finished his!" 

Edited by Evil_Geoff (see edit history)

42 minutes ago, Evil_Geoff said:

I was about to say "TFP broke the turbo, torque and max speed properties with the decreased rear movements and stuff"

I just changed my own QoL tweaks this afternoon, and was banging my head, saying "And bdub JUST finished his!" 

Well, I went ahead and updated all of them. I have to recheck a few as someone told me with the supercharger mod there are a few that are maybe too fast now. So I gotta figure that out. But if another EXP bricks these mods they likely will wait for stable as I normally do. Lol.

Can any of the real modders toss me hints or links on how to update/upgrade my XML format to v2. I have some of my server side mods fixed and ready to go and may try to upload just to gauge interest. But I keep getting the yellow err warning that I need to update to xml v2 for future. So, eventually my mods if even for myself will get bricked.

25 minutes ago, TantraMan said:

Can any of the real modders toss me hints or links on how to update/upgrade my XML format to v2. I have some of my server side mods fixed and ready to go and may try to upload just to gauge interest. But I keep getting the yellow err warning that I need to update to xml v2 for future. So, eventually my mods if even for myself will get bricked.

The modinfo will not stop the modlets working its just a warning to comply with the new settings .

Here is an example of the new format ...just copy this and put your mod details in if it helps .

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xml>
    <Name value="GuppyShoppingCarts" /><!-- Unique name for your modlet --> 
    <DisplayName value="Guppy Shopping Carts Mod for A21" />
    <Version value="21.0.3.100" compat="A21"/><!-- versioning number compat optional -->
    <Description value="Push and Motorized Shopping Carts" /> <!-- (Optional) More text to show on UIs -->
    <Author value="GuppyCur,Ragsy2145" />
    <Website value="http://7daystodie.com"/> 
</xml>

Edit:

Yes I know it still says xml version1.0 at top but works fine .

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

The modinfo will not stop the modlets working its just a warning to comply with the new settings .

Here is an example of the new format ...just copy this and put your mod details in if it helps .

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xml>
    <Name value="GuppyShoppingCarts" /><!-- Unique name for your modlet --> 
    <DisplayName value="Guppy Shopping Carts Mod for A21" />
    <Version value="21.0.3.100" compat="A21"/><!-- versioning number compat optional -->
    <Description value="Push and Motorized Shopping Carts" /> <!-- (Optional) More text to show on UIs -->
    <Author value="GuppyCur,Ragsy2145" />
    <Website value="http://7daystodie.com"/> 
</xml>

Edit:

Yes I know it still says xml version1.0 at top but works fine .

Regards

Ragsy !!

Ahh gotcha, I did that on a few already, didn't realize sich an easy fix...thanks for the info. Simple enough!

I tried the semi and humvee in A21 b324 last night and had no audio except a brief deceleration noise. The XML points to the correct sound file, but I have no way of knowing what's in there. I have never messed with Unity3D files and do not intend on touching somebody else's fine work. Stock vehicles work, no warnings or errors in loading the mods, and the only mods loaded are the humvee, semi, MD500, and UH-60. I cannot test the helicopters yet as my character cannot build them yet.

Update:

I just tried removing the individual mods and used the mega-pack and upon testing, the semi has a startup sound and an idle sound. I believe it slowly revs up from idle but I only drove a short distance to test it. In other words, the mega-pack works wonderfully, but the individually-packed models do not. We do not want that entire list of vehicles on our server, so we normally use Bdub's individual vehicles.

Edited by The_Great_Sephiroth (see edit history)

2 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

I tried the semi and humvee in A21 b324 last night and had no audio except a brief deceleration noise. The XML points to the correct sound file, but I have no way of knowing what's in there. I have never messed with Unity3D files and do not intend on touching somebody else's fine work. Stock vehicles work, no warnings or errors in loading the mods, and the only mods loaded are the humvee, semi, MD500, and UH-60. I cannot test the helicopters yet as my character cannot build them yet.

Yeah, copypasta strikes again. Haha. Got it fixed, Git is updated, Nexus is under way. Thanks for the catch!

4 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Yeah, copypasta strikes again. Haha. Got it fixed, Git is updated, Nexus is under way. Thanks for the catch!

No problem. Thank you very much for your hard work. I absolutely love the helicopters and as a class A CDL holder, the semi looks rad. I got the humvee for my friends to use in place of the jeep. Your semi reminds me of the one in the movie "Duel". Just move the air filters up in front of the doors and it would be eerie how much it would resemble the movie truck! Thanks again!