(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

Well, plants also consume the water over time now as well, so you need to keep an eye on it. I also forgot to mention that sphereii added a way to see it. If you hold E while looking at either the plants, or the water pipes it will show how much water is left at their source. It doesn't work when looking at the water block itself. But each time a plant grows it ticks down the water that is left. If the water runs out and the plant tried to grow to the next stage it will wilt and die.

Is there a way to change those SPIF points? Im level 44, playing on survivalist and still on foot.
I got no points into Barter and all I see is motorcycle handlebars in secret stash.
Im sitting on 100k+ dukes and can't buy anything for because all my traiders are poor af!
spacer.png
I found 6 traiders on foot. I got no bicycle, nor mini, nothing. Its getting old for a while already.
Would Grandpa's Ferget'n Elixir work? Im ready to buy it even if its at 100k+ at traider right now... Im just desperate. Also.. no crucible 😕spacer.png

Edited by Yvels (see edit history)

The elixir still works. Gives you all SPIFSAL and normal skill points back. But I haven't really changed the rate at which traders offer vehicles, nor crucibles. Just sounds like bad RNG. Find you a vehicle on the road that is close to complete and try and find the parts you need for it.

Thank you for confirming for Elixir. I'll buy it because without Better barter I'm in a bad place right now.
I have a 4x4 near my base I marked since day 1 sitting at 7/8. I guess I need impact driver to get parts
because even with tier6 Wrench, I salvaged an incredible amount of vehicles, including 4x4s, all I got was 3 Oil Filters.
Not a single time Ive seen a Carburator, Spark Plug, Brake Line or Fuel Filter.
P5YNLlv.png
I just visited all my 6 traders again. ONE finally had a bicycle but at this point paying 15k for a bicycle... Im getting an Elixir.

Update: 3 points into better barter: Motorcycle available for 2 days at my second traider. Time to farm those dukes! :)

I have looked over those new parts and I think I missed a bit on their salvage chances, I'll check it out tonight and make sure it is how I want it to be. That might be a reason as to why they are so rare.

I think I'm about ready to push this update, I've just had a few bug reports in the last couple days I've been getting fixed.

I finally found my 1st fuel filter while looting a car. Not salvaging.
There's WAY too many Vehicles handlebars at traders; if we can't use those to repair or build I don't see why traders would waste a vehicle slot in their inventories on these. Little quality of life suggestion: repairing tools with Tool Parts; sometimes it will use more than 1 Tool Parts and pretty much waste it;p would be great to only repair one Tool Part at a time so we don't waste second Tool Part to fix 1% damage left to tool. Its a QOL; I'm already only leaving 1 Tool Part in my inventory when I hit repair.
Stacks for meds and food, etc,, needs adjusting. I can carry 500 concrete blocks in one stack; I'm sure I can manage more than 10 Bandages.
Penalty on used tools is very very high. 50% iron shovel is pretty much unusable compare to stone one that requires only 1 stone to repair; same for steel tools.
There's something very weird with farming.. I have a 14x14 farm and this is how it ALWAYS grows. This is the 3rd time. Previous 2 times I planted seeds on random: same.
vQTYA3M.png
zRsDnCl.png
2XvE57g.png
Besides those 4 blocks for stability there's a row of water that goes all around the 14x14 farm. Cobblestone base is 18x18 (to the rock) and water occupies 16x16.
Farm is also inside my claim block coverage. No idea what is up with this.

Little suggestion for a future update maybe: Im level 55 and in all my wanderings I only met ONE BOS with a bat in the wild I could hire for dukes. It would be great to have more of those guys wandering around and do some cleanup of undesirables. Not whole bunch more but enough to make maps more dynamic. Right now when I hear pew pew its pretty much 99% a bandit. Sitting on 34 Star Bottlecaps right now.. so damn hard to find.. so I will finally hire a guard soon. YAY

There was an error with the generic parts, so they were dropping from normal salvaging as intended. That is now fixed.

The handlebars are still used for repairs. They seem to be like the offroad light mod schematic, they are always there it seems like. Lol. The bicycle ones are also still needed for augers as well.

Nothing I can really do with the tool parts. Only way would be to make one part do a full repair, and I don't like that. Best idea is what you are doing. Just always drag one part over for repairs.

The damage falloff with degradation is steeper than I want, but until sphereii makes some changes to it, I can't tweak it. If it is too much of a bother you can turn it off in blocks.xml of Wasteland.

Item stacks are mostly vanilla. I tweaked a few for ammo and stuff like that, but mostly left the rest. I get what you are saying, but the point of limiting things like med item to be a small stack is to force decisions. If you can stack 1000+ first aid bandages/kits, it kind of takes away from ever having to make choices with your inventory. It's one thing for more generic items to stack way high, but more important ones, like ammo/meds needs to be smaller stacks. You can always change it yourself if you disagree, but I likely won't change most of those items. It's more about gameplay than realism for that.

No idea about the crops. That's likely just vanilla behavior. Is the side that grows more the side you are closer to more often? Other than that, I can only thing there's a chunk boundary there that might causing oddness. I might need to make a scarecrow type block like Khaine has in DF to keep chunks loaded for farms.

I can increase the power armor guys some. I only have the normal ones spawning in the wild I think. The Rad Cat guys are currently only at the Big Rocket POI. Those need the star caps to hire, the normal ones just take dukes. I might up the normal one's spawn rate a tad, and add rare RC spawns to the wild as well.

I just bloody found a Parts repair kit at traider... for like 2.5k /sigh haha that's a good one. I guess I can have a 4x4 repaired now.
I pretty much drank ALL my cola reserves so I could hide a M60 follower. He's one upset guy lmao. I now have diabetes.
Yeah I've adjusted some meds stacks. With bandits snipers and super mutants vanilla stacks is just not enough.
For crops: one side is growing 4x slower. All the time. I'll looks into chunks. Good idea with scarecrow.
Thanks a lot for BOS hirable for dukes. It just takes way too long to save those Star Bottlecaps + Only Red Rockets I found on my map were in winter and wasteland biomes. 😕 

The Wasteland

Updated to 3.15, for A20.6

Built on:
SCore v20.6.453.1912
NPCmod v20.6.02.0
Full Auto Launcher v1.1.2
Random Mainmenu Background v1.0.1

Download at Git or Nexus

SHOULD BE SAVE GAME SAFE, ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP! RECOMMENDED TO WIPE OLD MOD FILES AND INSTALL FRESH! WORKSTATIONS MADE NEED TO BE REPLACED.

-Added: Fire Extinguisher and ammo(ammo is not consumed on use but used to "recharge" it)
-Added: All workstations have a tools area now. In most cases, 2 of the tools unlock recipes, and the third is for crafting speed
-Added: Enemies have a chance to knock you off of bicycles and motorcycles(stronger enemies have higher chance)
-Added: Ohm Depot POI that has the potential to find parts for Utilitron crafting/hiring
-Added: Robotics for Dummies book that allows you to assemble Utilitrons(Robotics perk allows this plus part crafting)
-Changed: Cryolator can also put out fires
-Changed: Vomit/Mutated projectiles won't start fires anymore
-Changed: Zombie Fisherman torch will start fires now
-Changed: Allowed bicycle and minibike to still be picked up(both come with a movement penalty when carrying them though)
-Changed: Connecting water pipes to bedrock allows for unlimited water
-Changed: Reworked a few recipes
-Changed: UI can now show up to 7 ingredients for recipes
-Changed: Full suit of power armor reduces radiation damage(still need rad resist mod for the armor or high rad resist perk level to completely negate the damage)
-Fixed: Swapped energy weapon repair tool to their parts
-Fixed: Energy weapons scrap to their parts correctly now
-Fixed: Supply quests not requiring resources to be turned in
-Fixed: Incorrect harvests set for plants
-Fixed: Scrap Laser Pistol recipe not being unlocked by default
-Fixed: Missing Power Armor Impact Landing missing recipe
-Fixed: Missing harvests for some of the generic vehicle parts(should make them a bit less rare)
-Fixed: Antibiotics buff wasn't removing correctly
-Fixed: Power Helmet C missing cvar info and wouldn't give full set buff

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

Thanks a lot for 3.15 I now have a renewed drive to try out all those goodies :)

I couldn't load my save at 1st: crapton of red in my console with a red error about motorcycle container something.. So I loaded 3.1 again, logged in and emptied motorcycle storage. Loaded 3.15 and could login in the game without problem.

K7DxAsj.png

I have this when trying to access my guard inventory.
Restarted game. Tried to open different containers:

ERR LootContainer 'junk' unknown
Vending machine opens no problem
ERR LootContainer 'colapsedForge' unknown
Player Vending machine opens no problem
ERR LootContainer 'ZpackStrong' unknown
ERR LootContainer 'toolBox' unknown
ERR LootContainer 'armorRack' unknown
tried to craft and place a Secure Storage Chest, can't place it: ERR 'playerStorage' unknown
Traider inventory seems fine.
I think pretty much all loot containers got an error like this...
Cheers.

Alright, did spot an entitygroups.xml error someone else reported issues with. And another block issue as well. Will be updating the mod ASAP to fix those, so look for v3.16. But they didn't seem to have any loot issue as you do Yvels so a log would still help to determine the errors.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

created a new game in 3.1

loaded 3.15 : can't open containers.
Multiple tests to finally remove all those mods:
sY5yULl.png
Loaded 3.15 : can loot and open containers. No errors.
Loaded my own save from 3.1 : can loot and open containers. No errors.
Guess one of those mods mess something up with 3.1 game saves when you open those in 3.15.

53 minutes ago, Yvels said:

created a new game in 3.1

loaded 3.15 : can't open containers.
Multiple tests to finally remove all those mods:
sY5yULl.png
Loaded 3.15 : can loot and open containers. No errors.
Loaded my own save from 3.1 : can loot and open containers. No errors.
Guess one of those mods mess something up with 3.1 game saves when you open those in 3.15.

Any reason why you are running all those separate vehicle mods, and Bdubs Vehicle together? BV has all of them in one pack. Lol.

And again...a log file would help...

Guard I hired got stung by a flying mosquito and since then he wont stop: "ow that hurts.. ow that tickles"

and is slowly losing health (from 1000). He is healing a little from time to time but it doesn't help much it seems.
Can I heal him? I tried to place 1st aid bandages and 1st aid kits in his inventory but he wont use those...

0qfYfCT.png

He won't use ones you give him. Only heal a little over time. Can you type dm in the console, then hit F3, then check the PLY button on the top left. Then if you look at him and hold Shift it should show what all buffs and cvars he has. If you can screenshot that I can see what is affecting him. NPCs should be immune to the debuffs the critters apply.

No worries. I'll spawn a few tonight and see what happens. I may have missed a buff somewhere but we kept NPCs immune to things they aren't able to cure themselves. I might look into adding a secondary action for all meds so you could cure them. But that might not be fun having to babysit them. And there currently isn't a way to see what they are being affected by, so it would be a guessing game as to what debuff they have. I could possibly add a requirement to the meds secondary action that makes sure they have that buff so you don't waste it. Definitely something I wanna look into. 

For the time and trouble and diabetes I got to get one of those guards: trust me Im watching after this guy NOT getting in trouble more than myself lmao
Little issue with blueprints for crafting handlebars (tested with minibike ones) you can buy from traders: it does nothing when you learn them. Cheers.

45 minutes ago, Yvels said:

It happened again!
VI24dPo.png
HEYYqfB.png
nothing is happening when I press and hold shift..

Gotta click that Ply button that's on the bottom right of those. It'll open a tab on the top right corner that displays buffs and cvars. Then hold Shift while looking at him. 

Alright, found it. It's buffMosqDrain isn't in the list to be blocked. I'll fix it on my end. You can fix it easily enough yourself. Just open Wasteland's entityclasses.xml and search for

<!-- Adding NPC resistance to WL buffs -->

and in that list of buffs you see after BuffResistance, just add buffMosqDrain onto the end of it.