This forum needs a meta board. And some serious moderating reconsiderations.

Junuxx

Fox was probably the one who banned Only.

Good times, lol. I'd like to think the list of bans are still mainly by me. Though to clarify, most were just ban evaders continuing to troll and make threats. I never made a ban that wasn't well deserved. There's 1 member in particular I like mentioning here on this forum who has at least 3 pages worth of warnings and infractions, but was never perm banned cuz the reasons were never enough to justify it, and that person never held a grudge against me. As I said, perm bans only happen as a last resort when all else fails. As far as I know, that user hasn't broken any rules since that one rough year.

Permanent banning really doesn’t happen that often. Much less often than people claim in their Steam reviews ;)

Ya, ppl often assume that when they get temporarily banned (which also doesn't happen too often) that they're permanently banned cuz they don't read properly.

Just as an example, when was the last time someone saw a user here with the tag Banned under their name?

Can I have one please ? (sounds like a crucial step in a member's life).

If you post often enough, eventually, it pretty much becomes inevitable. Very few members have escaped it. All part of being human... we all make mistakes.

:(

Now i feel expelled.

But i had a warning 2016 or so, does this count too ? :)

Really? I thought you were one of the few who escaped it. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else with a similar name... And yes, it counts. :p

If all of the specific sections were moved above general discussion, half of these problems would be solved.

People come here, and general is easiest and quickest to post in.

Well, part of the reason why the sections look a bit messy is because of the console section. Once they got included, compromises needed to be made. So like topics that could relate to both PC and console had to have their own section, resulting in a 3rd section.

Really? I thought you were one of the few who escaped it. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else with a similar name... And yes, it counts. :p

Well i am good at deleting my posts before i post them (thats why i normally never offend people), but the sarcasm is strong with me. Combined with my poor english i really wonder that i had nearly never a ban anywhere (Can remember 4 in my life (@ ?40000-80000? posts ))

Well, part of the reason why the sections look a bit messy is because of the console section. Once they got included, compromises needed to be made. So like topics that could relate to both PC and console had to have their own section, resulting in a 3rd section.

Yeah, I figured this was the case. Another thing that kinda makes things messy is that the Bug Reports section stopped being used as intended a few years ago. For a new person coming here to report a bug it must be confusing.

I have a feeling though, that most questions being moved to questions section apply to PC

I had a small conversation about this with the frequent movements of all the video threads that were seemingly exploding in general, yet all were moved to Images/Videos forums that nobody ever looks at, I actually was very pissed those threads got moved.

Really? I was very pleased with that. I don't come here to watch other peoples' Lets Plays, if I wanted to, I would go to the video forum. They're not discussion.

The only video posts I think should stay here are the ones showing AI and glitches and whatnot.

I do wish more people would use the "New Posts" functionality. It's my first "go to" place when I hit the forums.

Ya, but I wish it was possible to filter out certain sections... cuz I often get mixed up in console topics which I have no reason to post in. Not to mention the pages worth of topics in sections that don't interest me at all but have to sift through in order to find the ones I am interested in.

Ya, but I wish it was possible to filter out certain sections... cuz I often get mixed up in console topics which I have no reason to post in. Not to mention the pages worth of topics in sections that don't interest me at all but have to sift through in order to find the ones I am interested in.

True, I wouldn't mind being able to filter what shows up in New Posts, but it's still worth being the "first stop" on my forums visit.

If the majority does not use a feature in a system, it is not the majority's fault. It is obviously the system that is badly designed.

You can't force ppl to be interested in something they're not.

No one is claiming that the "system" as you call it, is perfect. It has flaws, just like any other forum site out there. But sometimes, things are just best left alone as often times, you just end up doing more harm than good. I think the Rules page is a perfect example of that.

Archived