Gyrocopter sucks..

Simmeon

I will if you accept the same thing. It would be optional.

If it was optional, why bring it into the game at all? Those who don't want to fight would switch it off in their game anyway.

You seem to have decided for yourself that you want to fight and that you are willing to go down fighting when the Horde overruns your base. So this change is unnecessary or are you afraid that you will get cold feet if you have the alternative?

Actually, such a change would even prevent some types of defense, such as fighting the horde on foot in the streets.

I like the gyrocopter. I did mod the max speed of it to 20, but kept the

low speed at default 7 for easier manouvering. Also reduced it's fuel usage.

I find it best suited for longer travels and scouting out traders. My favorite way

to land it is to just stop forward movement, and then hit space to stall it.

After it's stalled, i level it with the c key, and it lands almost at my desired spot.

Ah yes, i use keyboard controls, hit left mouse key to toggle.

Make a server and wonder why the server is ALLWAYS empty during hordenight

I've seen this before. A server usually runs all the time and if you don't always play it may be that you didn't have time to prepare for the horde and you'd rather leave the horde out. I think that's completely legitimate.

You shouldn't do anything you don't enjoy.

That's why I don't like it when you want to force something on people. If something is not fun for a player, you should always give him the choice.

Optional, don't know an other word, sorry. The fact is I want a game and you want a toy. Options can help.

You want to face your own challenges and limit yourself. That's okay and I don't mind but you don't have to change the game to achieve that.

Glock9 is currently running two series on Youtube in which it has imposed certain restrictions on itself and this in the normal 7D2D game.

This is called roleplaying. It takes some discipline to stick to your own rules, but some people have a lot of fun with that. And it's about people having fun.

I made one gyrocopter in the first game of A17. I've stopped at 4x4 for every game since. IMHO, it isn't worth the resources for the novelty of owning one nor does it add some massive benefit to warrant the expense of said resources or risk in using it.

I made one gyrocopter in the first game of A17. I've stopped at 4x4 for every game since. IMHO, it isn't worth the resources for the novelty of owning one nor does it add some massive benefit to warrant the expense of said resources or risk in using it.

I disagree with the OP, the gyrocopter operates pretty much like a real gyro-copter. Gyro-copters operate more like planes than helicopters, they need a runway to get into the air.

That said, its pretty much a novelty. Its slow, expensive, doesn't carry much, and awkward to land and take off.

By the time you can build it, you don't really need it, and its just something to spend resources on that you've been stock piling.

- P

There is absolutely no point in building it if you are leaving it at default speed, no question. I figured since it was the top tier craftable item and needed level 120, I deserved to be travelling at 25 in it.

Mod its speed and stick with it, you'll grow to love it.

after finaly getting to level 135, maxing int, and showing a eagerness to craft all my own gear, imagine my surprise to see the gyro is slow, cumbersome, and just realy awkward to use.

im not asking it to be like... amazing. but it honestly feels so lacklustre that it wasnt worth making other then to decorate my new rooftop landing strip. just a small speed bonus or anything would make it alot better... and no, not modifications, a base stat increase to its movement. and a way to decrease momentum or break. the controls feel all over the place. with no way to reverse other then jolting.

You want to face your own challenges and limit yourself. That's okay and I don't mind but you don't have to change the game to achieve that.

Glock9 is currently running two series on Youtube in which it has imposed certain restrictions on itself and this in the normal 7D2D game.

This is called roleplaying. It takes some discipline to stick to your own rules, but some people have a lot of fun with that. And it's about people having fun.

I totally agree with that. Solo, it doesn't worry me (for example, I don't replant tree, I don't use the barrels to make gas, and some other stuff like sometimes I don't craft any weapon and get forced to loot them, all that without modding since I can RP.)

But when I open a server to play VS friends, I enjoy multiple options to make the game hardcore and force us to practice PVP in conditions other than RUST.

That's all. And that's why I'm for a maximum of options.

I do not blame people for wanting anything else, but I'm sad when certain ways of playing want to be the standard.

I appreciate that the pimps have added vehicles that aren’t ♥♥♥♥ty like the old mini bike, have actual physics and really shine overall. But it’s still not the same as in GTA where you get in a vehicle and it just “feels” right and does crazy insane things you could never expect on that first ride.

Even without danger, I see it as a legitimate strategy. To be precise, I consider any strategy that involves risk to be flawed.

We won't be able to agree on this. To be precise, I consider any strategy that is easy and involves no risk to be an exploit.

You only want the threat because you want thrills but not all of us are looking for thrills or challenges. Some just want to have fun.

It is a gritty survival game. A player may want to play it with thrills and challenges turned off but the developers aren't trying to make a game like that on purpose. So from their side, they are going to want eliminate cheap, easy, no risk exploits. They can do that by removing them entirely or by introducing a threat to increase the risk of trying that method.

I'm all for players playing how they want and there are even going to be settings now to do that-- for example, turning off the blood moon horde entirely. But to expect the developers to leave loopholes and cheesy tactics in the game for those who have blood moon enabled is unrealistic. Flying the gyrocopter to escape the horde is a legitimate strategy as long as there are checks and balances for it that don't make it an automatic win. Maybe vultures try to suicide bomb it. Maybe gas consumption makes it so you have to touch down and refuel at some point during the night. Maybe the blood moon itself causes accelerated damage. But there should always be downsides to any strategy so that risk assessment is part of the game and choice is preserved.

For example, I'm currently building bases in creative mode and testing them against strong Horde to find an efficient defense that also works against a day 300 Horde.

Investigating what strategy works and what doesn't and how the zombies react to certain things is almost more fun than the main game at the moment.

That's very cool. That's similar to what faatal is doing but for different reasons.... ;)

After I built it for the first time I spent the next three in-game days just flying around with it, it's really fun :) Though I bumped up it's speed a little bit too.

BUT I think it could be unlocked waaay earlier, it doesn't really have any practical use late game, but it would be really cool to have it early to explore the world. It's storage could be nerfed to bicycle size and then I don't think it would be OP to have it around lvl 30 or something. It would add much more to the game that way imo.

If u have to spend more ammo in a poi than the ammo you are going to loot, maybe is not worth. Solution? No rads zombies

It's a game with perks : you need to upgrade them if you want to be able to fight against high level zombies without wasting ammo.

Here's a video where I tried to explore 3 POI's without using a gun - only bow and club.

I went into a military base, a "water works" facility and a standard new POI. No buff, but a lot of bandages.

Nomad difficulty, bow and melee perks, stealth and light armor perks.

I wouldn't try it in higher difficulty, not that it would be impossible for an other player, but just because I suck at melee at the moment and need to improve my personal skills...

We won't be able to agree on this. To be precise, I consider any strategy that is easy and involves no risk to be an exploit.

Then you are probably not a fan of successful strategies in general. All military historical successful strategies were based on the weaknesses of the opponents and their exploitation. No successful strategist would not exploit a weakness or take unnecessary risks if he could avoid it.

It is a gritty survival game. A player may want to play it with thrills and challenges turned off but the developers aren't trying to make a game like that on purpose. So from their side, they are going to want eliminate cheap, easy, no risk exploits. They can do that by removing them entirely or by introducing a threat to increase the risk of trying that method.

Every successful strategy can be presented afterwards as cheap or simple. This is not an argument.

If you force people to do something then you shouldn't be surprised about criticism. It is always better to encourage people to do something.

If you want the people to fight the bloodmoon horde then you have to offer them an appropriate incentive. And to say it in advance. XP are no incentive.

If you don't want people to use loopholes then you should give them an incentive not to do so.

There is a good Youtube channel called Game Maker's Toolkit. There you can find among other things analyses which strategies successful games use. You should definitely have a look.

I'm all for players playing how they want and there are even going to be settings now to do that-- for example, turning off the blood moon horde entirely. But to expect the developers to leave loopholes and cheesy tactics in the game for those who have blood moon enabled is unrealistic. Flying the gyrocopter to escape the horde is a legitimate strategy as long as there are checks and balances for it that don't make it an automatic win. Maybe vultures try to suicide bomb it. Maybe gas consumption makes it so you have to touch down and refuel at some point during the night. Maybe the blood moon itself causes accelerated damage. But there should always be downsides to any strategy so that risk assessment is part of the game and choice is preserved.

The opposite must also be the case. For each new difficulty that is introduced, there must also be an opportunity for the player to defend himself adequately. Simply increasing the difficulty without creating a balance will only lead to frustration among the players.

That's very cool. That's similar to what faatal is doing but for different reasons.... ;)

I hope not to eliminate all strategies that do not suit his kind of defense. He should be open to alternative ways of defence that do not correspond to his view of how the game should be played.

Giving the player freedom contributes positively to the success of the game. If there is only one predetermined way left to defend yourself, the game would be boring.

Archived