Sounds That Annoy You

ghettochild2600

Jump sounds I found the most annoying (Male and Female) So I commented them out in the entityclasses.xml. So much better after that.

<!-- property name="SoundJump" value="Player_Male/player1Jump"/> -->

<!-- <property name="SoundLandSoft" value="Player_Male/player1LandSoft"/> -->

<!-- <property name="SoundLandHard" value="Player_Male/player1LandHard"/> -->

Auger Sound. I replaced mine with the chainsaw sound so it doesn't sound like a kids lazer gun toy.

All the vehicle sounds. Especially the 4x4.

Shooting a zombie with an arrow when it makes that noise and effect as if you just shot a wooden object. You know what I'm taking about.

My wife swearing loudly in Spanish when a zombie surprises her.

Oh wait - you said "annoy". I thought you said "amuse".

Aah that's hilarious. I can picture it. My husband and I and some others are always on Discord, but lately I'm the only one playing 7DtD, and once in a while I guess I do a sudden sharp in take of breath, which in turn gives the others on Discord a fright. My husbands like "WHAT'S WRONG?", and then I have to sheepishly explain that a ninja zombie got the drop on me.

Jump sounds I found the most annoying (Male and Female) So I commented them out in the entityclasses.xml. So much better after that.

Auger Sound. I replaced mine with the chainsaw sound so it doesn't sound like a kids lazer gun toy.

Shooting a zombie with an arrow when it makes that noise and effect as if you just shot a wooden object. You know what I'm taking about.

-Unless the changed it in a17, the chainsaw has always been the most annoying to me. Hard to believe you find it less annoying than the auger. It always seemed 10x's louder and more grating than any other sound effect to me.

- - - Updated - - -

The nightly chirring of the crickets drive me nuts. The whole night long and so loud.

Only frost biome and burnt forest have it not, so I can only build there.

If it bothers you so much it prevents you from building in certain biomes why not turn off the ambient noises? I have had those turned off for ages.

Pretty much all of the sounds for the fat zombie types. (Big Momma, Fat Cops, Hawaiian)

Not sure why it is but to me they don't seem to mesh with the other game sounds well and sound like they're louder and clunky sounding.

Especially my least favorite one...

The sound fat zombies make when they die and collapse.

Pretty much all of the sounds for the fat zombie types. (Big Momma, Fat Cops, Hawaiian)

Not sure why it is but to me they don't seem to mesh with the other game sounds well and sound like they're louder and clunky sounding.

Especially my least favorite one...

The sound fat zombies make when they die and collapse.

Agreed, especially the Hawaiian zombie.

Jumping sounds:

As a stealth player I agree on the jumping sounds or the landing part rather. It's even worse when you are on a curb or so and it starts looping as if you just entered the house and started stomping your feet. I can't stress how much I hate this sound even existing, it caused me to rage quit several times.

What's worse is almost all the loot rooms have this furniture stacked so you HAVE to jump several times to get up which pretty much guarentees you will wake up all the glowing bullet spunges waiting above. It can be absolutely infuriating and that is only for lack of better words. Absolute fun killer. I would have removed them long ago but having no sound there is kinda breaking the immersion so I'm stuck with it sadly.

Auger sound:

Completely agree, it's aweful. Not sure the chainsaw is any better, I don't use either due to this but I'm not missing them.

Vehicle sounds:

Those I actually think are pretty cool but the engine sounds don't match the speed so it's kinda off but they sound okay if they'd fix that.

Arrow hit sounds:

Love them, very very satisfying.

Surprised no one mentioned the badly in need of a service sewing machine sound of the minibike which you can now drive underwater, err so someone told me! Or the bloody wolf howl with no wolf in sight which you never hear before you get three of the damn things hanging off your arse cheeks!! Theres even an annoying squeak on the bike now, let us oil it puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeease!

A lot of sounds, are very misplaced it seems, the sound volume doesn't quite fit the distance of zed or other players that generate noise, sometimes my audio headset can't differentiate between "Left, Right, or Center" and weather its coming from behind me or in front of me, which kind of breaks the immersion often.

But to add, some of my most hated sounds are the ones generated by some of the Male Zed.

The Eeeeeeyeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! sound they make when they are attacking, it cuts through me like a hot knife through butter.

Spider Zed, These things drove me to new heights of unimaginable fury when they were introduced as the "Scout" for horde generated events from Heat, I would tear my base apart just to find them, and kill them.

A lot of sounds, are very misplaced it seems, the sound volume doesn't quite fit the distance of zed or other players that generate noise, sometimes my audio headset can't differentiate between "Left, Right, or Center" and weather its coming from behind me or in front of me, which kind of breaks the immersion often.

This is probably what gets me the most and it's very easy to tell. Even with having a ~$900 sound setup. Sennheiser GSX1000 + Magni 3 amp + Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro. The GSX1000 does helps with knowing what direction they zeds are coming from, but they will still sound much closer than they really are. Most noticeable with the fat Hawaiian zombies.

This has been an ongoing issue. It's like the zombies are ventriloquists.

Archived