About the anti-radiation mod

LoboFH

I am level 104 and I have that mod in my shotgun. I can't go into any poi now because it is certain death. such a shame, all these lovely dungeons and because so many irradiated zombies spawn, I simply can't kill them. Don't know what I am doing wrong, but if my mod is working, the difference is not noticeable to me. I may have to go back to A16 just to play the game :(

I am level 104 and I have that mod in my shotgun. I can't go into any poi now because it is certain death. such a shame, all these lovely dungeons and because so many irradiated zombies spawn, I simply can't kill them. Don't know what I am doing wrong, but if my mod is working, the difference is not noticeable to me. I may have to go back to A16 just to play the game :(

max out your perception, pain tolerance and armor, get a shotgun with full mod slots and fill em, I had the same prob before and i can pretty much clear anything now, still need to avoid getting cornered though

edit: i used sham chowder to help me alot too + the painkiller bonus together makes you pretty durable

I am doing big POI's trying to lure 1 by 1 with my steel arrows and rad remover among other mods. Also "must have" perk is Boom Headshot 4/5 so you see some heads exploding on first shot. So perception at 7-8 and boom headshot at 4 and aim for the head. Works great unless you wake them all up and than its best you dance out of the way.

You can also rely on your stealth and sneak attack so - shoot - move to shadows and wait - shoot again... or you can go rambo with SMG or AK47 and aim for the head. Lots of heads exploding.

But as many mentioned already late game looting ATM is lots of effort for very little reward - except some XP and some fun if you like that. I think A17 is only on 50% of what it should be for late game.

Honestly i feel they need to tweek the spawns a bit... im fine for adding ferals into the mix, but keep the irradiated and cop zombies at specific intervals in the pool. at key points in the POI's journey. the rad zombies lose there OH ♥♥♥♥ feeling when they are a dime a dozen.

Honestly i feel they need to tweek the spawns a bit... im fine for adding ferals into the mix, but keep the irradiated and cop zombies at specific intervals in the pool. at key points in the POI's journey. the rad zombies lose there OH ♥♥♥♥ feeling when they are a dime a dozen.

Same problem with Ferals. The "mutations" on the Zombies is ridiculous how fast the game start scaling enemies with you level a bit too fast.

I use pistol with extended mag, rad remover, sight, full auto and silencer mods. The silencer being the most important.

With boom headshot I get a fair chance of exploding heads with the amount of shots I'm doing but makes less noise to attract other wee beasties from close by POI. I also tend to put barbed wire across doorways to stop that first rush of 6-8 greenies.

Barbed wire is your best friend in the late game.

Im at level 120. Riding down a road on a cloudy day in a new city between buildings - so many glowing zombies visible sleeping in the buildings. This is usually when i see a deer or boar... One shot, dead deer, 10 glowsticks pour out of buildings, me back pedaling with shotgun and AK.

Hard to get ahead on ammo supply with so many yellows and ferals. I would mod them back to 10-20% of what they are now if i knew a way to do it. Forget who mentioned it in a different thread a few weeks back - 5 glowsticks in every building leads to dread and avoidance. The occassional radiated or feral is a nasty surprise. Instead of so many ferals and radiated, why not a lot more regular zeds?

More like "I'll hold your earrings".

No, simple device that when held kills their Regen in a 30 block area. Unfortunately, the person holding it has to be protected. :)

Nice idea, but unfortunately I play single player. I wish there was some way to tone down the number of irradiated zombies in the POI's. There are just too many of them and I dont enjoy it any more.

Nice idea, but unfortunately I play single player. I wish there was some way to tone down the number of irradiated zombies in the POI's. There are just too many of them and I dont enjoy it any more.

While it won't help with the numbers , use the option to make all zombies, including ferals, to walk.

Helps quite a bit.

What does the mod do specifically? The only time it's dropped for me, it was bugged.

-Morloc

The mod disables the regeneration of the radiated zombies for a certain amount of time if you hit them with the weapon. I think it's 90 seconds. But I think the post is not about the mod in the game but a mod for the game to reduce the amount of radioactive zombies.

You do know irridated zombies die just as easly as their normal counterparts? Like I can 1 shot female normal zombies, and males with a stealth crit, I will also be able to 1 shot the irridated versions as well, as they have the same hp iirc.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the Irradiated Zeds can be a bit much.

I understand wanting a tougher late game but I'm not sure these guys = fun.

Its the age old problem of devs thinking stuff with more hp=challenge. I personally dispise those kill rooms in some of the bigger poi's you sneak in and no matter what you do suddendly you have 10+ zombies, all feral or worse later on charging you, there is no way a solo player can deal with that unless you just run like a mofo.

You do know irridated zombies die just as easly as their normal counterparts? Like I can 1 shot female normal zombies, and males with a stealth crit, I will also be able to 1 shot the irridated versions as well, as they have the same hp iirc.

Radioactive zombies have about 50% more HP than normal zombies. Arlene, for example, has 125 HP as normal zombie and 185 HP as feral or radioactive zombie. If you stop regeneration with the mod, you still have a feral zombie on your heels.

Archived