Setting changes for future updates or alpha 18

Slingblade2040

Ok so folks aren't happy with the state of the game. Some hate digging zombies others are ok with them, block damage is to high, etc.

So how about TFPs put in the settings to turn on or off digging zombies, set zombie damage, exp multiplier, spawn multiplier for animals, roaming horde size, resource multiplier and how many skill points are earned each level and maybe even a slider for RWG so we can set the biome percentage for example 50% forest and 50% desert along with how many cities and traders each world has.

Yes all of this can be done through mods or xml changes but for folks who don't know how to install mods or make those xml changes this would be a good option. This might also seem more welcoming to new players.

Personally I'm fine with these changes being implemented if it means some content like the bandits or story would get delayed. Just curious to see what folks think about having content delayed for those settings. Like as a community are we are ok with future content like bandits and more of the 7dtd story being delayed if TFPs instead pushed out those types of settings for us in the future or for alpha 18?

It is a bad thing because digging zombies is used to stop people from exploiting the ai by digging underground bases to be safe. That is just how I feel, and it also got really annoying to see noone online build bases above ground, and we all played as mole people.

As long as they make it consistent by putting in the toggles:

Zombies can/can’t enter the forest/ snow/ wasteland/ desert/ burnt forest/ water biomes.

If John wants to be safe in the forest then every zombie should be turned away at the forest border. Three steps into the forest and John is 100% safe....

Zombies can/can’t enter the forest/ snow/ wasteland/ desert/ burnt forest/ water biomes.

If John wants to be safe in the forest then every zombie should be turned away at the forest border. Three steps into the forest and John is 100% safe....

This actually makes me curious. I know some people (yourself inc) said they wanted diggers so that underground had the same threat as above and that if it did they would play there more. I wonder if they now actually DO play underground more than they did before.

Thoughts?

It is a bad thing because digging zombies is used to stop people from exploiting the ai by digging underground bases to be safe. That is just how I feel, and it also got really annoying to see noone online build bases above ground, and we all played as mole people.

LOL, this is a microcosm of everything these days. Nobody can agree on anything.

Why not just add an option? Those that dont want to be under ground can make the choice to stay above.

Those who want to be under ground, can make the choice to go under ground.

That way everyone gets to enjoy the game the way they want to. I dont get why that's a bad thing.

I can't imagine myself using these to play, but I suppose you could make some interesting game types in mods using these.

I can't imagine myself using these to play, but I suppose you could make some interesting game types in mods using these.

It would be interesting - assuming we get the ability to mod in our own biomes some day - to make a "dead zone" biome.

No zombies spawn in it, but also no ores, no surface boulders, no animals and no POI's. I could imagine that having some interesting play mechanics.

I really would like to turn off the digging zombies.

Not so much for the underground, although that's part of it, but they just seem fixated on bashing down now (that and jumping for no reason, they really really like doing that)

There is a new cave POI. rather nice. Doesn't take long for them do make a total mess of that one.

Now I have to start at the TOP of a POI and work down, so that they don't trash the place because they're too stoopid to use stairs.

Same for porches on the POI. They'll bash through 6 blocks of porch trying to get to the door, rather than walk around and use the steps that are there, OR actually use their jump for a purpose. um...

All I've noticed the digging zombies doing, is altering everyones gameplay, now pretty much people just mine boulders and don't bother with anything underground because zombies just leave holes everywhere. Plus it's more productive to mine boulders anyway.

My thoughts on digging zombies, why not make them only dig down long distances on horde nights? Or make that the option I guess. I'm fine with the digging but if you're 10 blocks under a zombie they shouldn't know exactly where you are and dig to you. The main problem is that they can sense you too far underground. That kind of ESP should be reserved for horde nights, that is the situation where you aren't supposed to be able to hide anywhere. Underground bases would be fine on normal days, but better get above ground on horde night if you don't want it to be ruined.

I'd kinda like the idea of some kind of special underground zombie that only spawns under certain heights as you're mining. Any time you break an underground block there's a small chance to replace 2 blocks a short distance away from you with the zombie and it would dig the rest of the way toward you. Can only replace blocks that are surrounded by adjacent blocks on all sides. No more holes at the surface but still have some danger when tunneling.

Is that your passive aggressive way of saying we don't want you to play that way...

This isn't just about zombies digging but a slew of other settings that folks are upset about. Like the biomes, slow gathering of resources, the longer grind, etc. I mean if TFPs don't want to put in some basic settings sliders then the community will just out in mods. But at some point TFPs should add in some stuff just to make the game a bit more appealing and adjustable to people. I'm fine with digging zombies and a few other things folks whine about but even I feel these things along with other settings should be available to change in the settings menu before starting the game.

At some point it became an accepted reality that more game-play options for players would lead to greater challenges for devs in properly responding to feedback related to difficulty and balance. I would be interested to see if that were to hold true for the current build and current feedback, but the situation is what it is.

There used to be more difficulty-related game-play options included in the menu (e.g. separation of damage dealt by players to hostiles and hostiles to players, an option for a "feral" detection mode at all times), but the trend has been to pare down options, and I see no evidence of a reversal any time soon.

This actually makes me curious. I know some people (yourself inc) said they wanted diggers so that underground had the same threat as above and that if it did they would play there more. I wonder if they now actually DO play underground more than they did before.

Thoughts?

im pretty sure now that we'd have less people playing underground, or just setting up long tunnels in the underground and using that to avoid the 7day horde still regardless of digging zombies

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, this is a microcosm of everything these days. Nobody can agree on anything.

Why not just add an option? Those that dont want to be under ground can make the choice to stay above.

Those who want to be under ground, can make the choice to go under ground.

That way everyone gets to enjoy the game the way they want to. I dont get why that's a bad thing.

Because these same people will make the game super easy, get to the end, and then endlessly complain that there isn't enough content. It happens in so many games. The team can't keep up a steady enough pace of releases to satisfy people, so the team will try and make the current game more difficult and longer lasting.

Thoughts?

This need a survey !!!!

Archived