Absurd Zombie Spawns

hugo stiglitz

A lone survivor walks into a house, clears a room then zombies fall of the ceiling land on your head and behind you wtf:jaded:? They chase you outside spend 5 minutes clubbing them to death for them to just respawn in the house again :crushed:

Wait till you get a wolf pack spawn in behind you, in a town inside a house.

As I mentioned in a "worries" post a couple of months ago, if I wanted to play "Zombie funhouse" complete with collapsing floors and hidden dropdowns, etc. I would have asked for it.

As Guppy said, it's NOT that I can't appreciate the Dungeon concept or the trap/rotten floors; it is that the Pimps have overplayed their Joker hand of cards in A17 so far.

I have asked repeatedly to have the % of older style empty/derelict houses raised in-game. I think they need to do this to keep us and the game "honest", otherwise it all just gets too tedious and is no longer a surprise of any kind.

If they'd just tone it down a notch or two I think it would be better received honestly.

Did you catch primes stream on streamer night? Richard (the fun pimp) was on and you could hear one of the people in the background telling him they still had more pois to convert to crawls...

...it was cute for a few buildings, but my God... They should keep both versions, and MAYBE, since we're stuck with the dump "poi restore for a quest", instead of restoring existing pois, turn them into their dungeon crawl counterpart.

So regular looting would have very few crawls, but quests would always be a crawl.

Did you catch primes stream on streamer night? Richard (the fun pimp) was on and you could hear one of the people in the background telling him they still had more pois to convert to crawls...

...it was cute for a few buildings, but my God... They should keep both versions, and MAYBE, since we're stuck with the dump "poi restore for a quest", instead of restoring existing pois, turn them into their dungeon crawl counterpart.

So regular looting would have very few crawls, but quests would always be a crawl.

Yea the dungeons are way overdone. Thank god & Magoli for the Compopack to make them more rare. They are just so cliché and predictable and gamey... im not sure what the fascination is.

I bang around the exterior, get them to open doors, Congo line kite them, leave, come back to let them reposition themselves and repeat until I've cleared most of the "hidden" ones using the sleeper teleportation system tfp put in.

Because, why not.

Yeah that's pretty much how I do it too.

Sneaking just doesn't work or I'd do more of that.

Agree with OP and sentiment. Jump scares only work if you they come once per hour, not ever 20 seconds. Please scale down surprise spawns to a mimum and also see too it that all of those in a POI don't reset after player leaving the house for "a minute". Preferably reset those once a day only. It's as if all the fun in the game has been translated into zombie grind.

Wanna level? Grind zombies. (Before: Do what ever you want)

Wanna explore houses? Grind zombies. (Before: Careful and methodical approaching and searching with the occasional jump scare)

Wanna dig underground? Grind zombies. (Before: Do what ever you want)

Wanna survive horde night? Grind zombies. (Before: Build a solid base and do what ever you want)

Wanna grind zombies? Grind zombies. (Before: Just grind 'em, nobody told you you couldn't do it!)

It's not like the wheel needed reinventing, every playstyle was okay. Now the only playstyle is: grind zombies. Meh!!!

*Ptui!*

It's not like the wheel needed reinventing, every playstyle was okay. Now the only playstyle is: grind zombies. Meh!!!

*Ptui!*

I strongly disagree!

I tend to avoid killing zeds in the first week to slow down gamestageraise.

Having ferals running at you while only having a bow as weapon is no joke to me.

I rather do treasure hunts in the first days to get free Loot, in the best case there's weapons, ammo and or diamonds/cash comin'

Oh no.

I was bummed out when they took one of the few remaining cabins and removed it to TURN it into a dungeon.

C'mon guys, leave us a few of the old standard buildings we can turn into bases if we want, or just have a quick looting when we're in our first few days!

There are quite a few hiding in weird places... It's cute at first, but then becomes very predictable. Every nook and cranny has a zed. Way overdone.

Totally agree.

Get gud!

Nothing to do with difficulty, tho I see many players answering the same every time sombody doesnt like something about the game. Seems they think their argument is more valid if it's just a difficulty problem.

The number of zombies can be boring often in a17. I want to scavenge, and fight while I do it yes. But I dont want to spend 30 min just killing zombies to clear 1 house. Some few big dungeons with that many zombies, sure, but there are just too many houses with 30 min worth of zombies to kill.

So I know Im the hardcore guy and talk a lot of smack when it comes to nerfing things, but Im going to agree with everyone here. Doing these POIs once or twice is fun at first but honestly now every time I go to loot one it is more achore than anything else.

I am SO happy that I have backups of all the vanilla pois, from 16 because I fully plan on making them all work in 17 and sprinkling them back in.

Gup, I really hope once you get some free time Medieval Book 2 that you try your hand at some pois again. Your pois are still among my most favorite and they are sorely needed.

While houses have dozens of zeds and a slow pace, THIS was my wandering horde today. I even made sure to check the logs. What the heck is this? And why are wilderness spawning zombies so rare? I came across three tops in my run around. The world is so lifeless and boring. I can not stress how underwhelmed I am by this Experimental so far, and that is something I never thought I would ever say about a game I cherished.

A17.0_2018-12-12_20-46-43.thumb.jpg.463ddd4b0822ceb387b8f061e6d2874d.jpg

The game is really starting to feel schizophrenic. It has no identity, as it is trying to be everything at once. Go kill zombies to level, but we reduced zombies. Zombies can now dig and break blocks instantly but we made concrete harder to get and removed stainless steel. We want perks to MATTER but lets consolidate as many into as few perks as possible so there is no difference in a bow expert or a sniper. Lets add a LOT of probabilities and templates to loot so that loot is more complex, but lets remove 600 levels of quality so it means nothing to find a weapon.

It feels like this game is starting to be developed by three seperate, non speaking teams.

As I mentioned in a "worries" post a couple of months ago, if I wanted to play "Zombie funhouse" complete with collapsing floors and hidden dropdowns, etc. I would have asked for it.

As Guppy said, it's NOT that I can't appreciate the Dungeon concept or the trap/rotten floors; it is that the Pimps have overplayed their Joker hand of cards in A17 so far.

I have asked repeatedly to have the % of older style empty/derelict houses raised in-game. I think they need to do this to keep us and the game "honest", otherwise it all just gets too tedious and is no longer a surprise of any kind.

If they'd just tone it down a notch or two I think it would be better received honestly.

I completely agree.

I was going to start a new thread but this heading fits it for the opposite reason, I think Jax mentioned it as well.

Absurd zombie spawns in Alpha 17 Experimental B221

Played yesterday afternoon with 2 friends. First BIG house (The corn/pig house in Nav) had about 10 zombies in.

Then we went through the small houses north of these, each house had only 1 or 2 zombies in.

Also had a wandering hoard of 5 zombies instead of the old 20-30 we were getting before.

I know they reduced spawn a bit, but its getting hard to even find a zombie now.

For reference before with the high spawns , I liked it, but only as we play in a team of 3 clearing the bigger places.

the structure and amount of zombies forced us to work as a team watching each others backs as we went through.

I can understand it would be tough solo - and usually I stick to smaller places if alone but it really made co-op shine

and the game fun again.

I was going to start a new thread but this heading fits it for the opposite reason, I think Jax mentioned it as well.

Absurd zombie spawns in Alpha 17 Experimental B221

Played yesterday afternoon with 2 friends. First BIG house (The corn/pig house in Nav) had about 10 zombies in.

Then we went through the small houses north of these, each house had only 1 or 2 zombies in.

Also had a wandering hoard of 5 zombies instead of the old 20-30 we were getting before.

I know they reduced spawn a bit, but its getting hard to even find a zombie now.

For reference before with the high spawns , I liked it, but only as we play in a team of 3 clearing the bigger places.

the structure and amount of zombies forced us to work as a team watching each others backs as we went through.

I can understand it would be tough solo - and usually I stick to smaller places if alone but it really made co-op shine

and the game fun again.

2 of us played yesterday in a town zombies where spawning left and right. We went in the bank and the where like 10 of them. i cannot complain about too few of them.

Did u reset ur server after patch ?

Yesterday (on a new save) I found a wandering horde of 4 zombies... Checked the console (less info about what is spawned, but it still said it's a WH). A little underwhelming, but at the same time, i shouldn't expect big hordes from the start. Maybe in later GS we will see bigger hordes.

Also, Cleared one medium house and I got mixed feelings on the number of Zs. From one point there are still some to kill and surprise, but on the other far less than they were. Perhaps low GS affects that? Opened up like 2 "cupboards" where they usually hide and no Zs inside. Surely it's easier if you aim for casually starting.

Surely it's easier if you aim for casually starting.

Just want to point out for the Nth time that many of us complaining about the number of zombies in new dungeons coupled with the number of new dungeuns vs normal buildings, is because it gets tedious, not bc it's hard. Sometimes its cool to do a long dungeon, but in this game in particular, many times we want to go scavenge without needing to spend 30 min in a single house.

Man id hate to be a fun pimp right now. Endless complaints about lack of zs, fix that now endless complaints about too many zs. Not enough variety in pois fix that and its too much bother trawling through them. rickety floors can be sorted with a stone axe and a bit of wood, go through walls if you dont want to follow the pathway, even go straight to the roof and avoid most of it.

Stealth works well its just not great at the start and noise affects it, slow and steady always. Its pure risk vs reward and all the better for it, sure some things could be better in terms of traps and scares but its a damn sight better than none. Rather have a packed poi than a poi with a couple of far too easy to deal with zs, it makes you think on your feet and gets the adrenaline going. Fun! anyone remember that? Bring on the naysayers!

The game is really starting to feel schizophrenic. It has no identity, as it is trying to be everything at once. Go kill zombies to level, but we reduced zombies. Zombies can now dig and break blocks instantly but we made concrete harder to get and removed stainless steel. We want perks to MATTER but lets consolidate as many into as few perks as possible so there is no difference in a bow expert or a sniper. Lets add a LOT of probabilities and templates to loot so that loot is more complex, but lets remove 600 levels of quality so it means nothing to find a weapon.

It feels like this game is starting to be developed by three seperate, non speaking teams.

Thank you! I'm not the only one thank god.

Archived