Absurd Zombie Spawns

hugo stiglitz

Agree. I posted in 'main' thread it feels bi-polar. Jax's post is clearer.

Would definately like to see the dungeon poi's at least scale the number of z's inside some. For the very early game.

I'm wondering if the small wandering hordes are the first step towards that in general?

If so I think it's a good broad idea. Progression is hard to nail but when it's 'right' it provides a more constant challenge. And the game could really use that imo.

So yep, z's & wolves are too easy atm, not enough 'old' style simple places to loot early on, pricing is whacked, etc., & oh yeah, Stamina sucks!! :D -All- recipes need to be torn out and redone; hopefully by someone with a background building physical things, heh :)

Lots of work/balancing still to do. Honestly feel bad for the Pimps having this on their plates for the holidays.

Would definately like to see the dungeon poi's at least scale the number of z's inside some. For the very early game.

Id prefer to just have more variety. Instead of scaling each POI depending on your level, just have more types of POIs. I liked older builds POIs, just dont replace them all with the new ones. This way you can always do a long dungeon or just loot some simple POIs like you did before, regardless of your level.

Oh no.

I was bummed out when they took one of the few remaining cabins and removed it to TURN it into a dungeon.

C'mon guys, leave us a few of the old standard buildings we can turn into bases if we want, or just have a quick looting when we're in our first few days!

Yeah see I like this idea.

Have both!

You're essentially doubling your POI's.

They don't have to ALL be dungeon crawls.

Every once in awhile people just want a plain ol' POI to loot and get moving.

Totally agree with the general sentiment of this thread. When going through the dungeons, the pacing and scale of the fights really reminded me of the dungeon crawls from pokemon. You're just walking through an area and suddenly

giphy.gif (<-- ignore this writing)

A Bloated walker appears!

What would you like to do? Attack

You use swing weapon!

Bloated Walker takes 12 Damage!

Enemy Bloated walker uses Zombie Punch.

The attack misses!

What would you like to do? Attack

You use swing weapon.

Bloated Walker takes 12 damage.

Bloated walker uses zombie punch.

You take 10 damage.

......[/hr]...

Bloated Walker takes 12 damage.

Bloated Walker un-un-dies!

You gain 700 experience points.

After the fight you walk about 8 meters before coming across an exciting and game-changing developmentment:

giphy.gif

A Decayed Cheerleader appears!

What would you like to do?

Not saying that there's anything wrong with this type of RPG, and the occasional tooth n' nail close quarters fight does add to the game's tension, but this grind is not what I paid for or expected when I saw the words "open world horde voxel tower defense RPG".

I wish there was more emphasis on the city itself being the dungeon, as opposed to the individual buildings being the dungeons and the streets functioning as a glorified level selection menu. Remember back in A12 when the streets of Diersville were swarming with zombies and you would have to run inside of a house for safety? Seems almost weird now. Back in the day, I loved it and it was quite reminiscent of S1E1 and S1E2 of The Walking Dead.

I'd rather have a game where the zombies are outside the buildings and your survival during loot runs depends on staying quiet and making sure they don't get in (kind of like, you know, a tower defense game).

Archived