Upcoming Forecast

Carbala

Dear Mr.'s and Mrs.'s Fun Pimps,

I would like to know if/when you have plans to address the weather/temperature issues of the game. They are dreadfully broken as it stands now, in my opinion, have been for quite some time, and have yet to be mentioned as something being planned for in the future (at least in what I've read). If I'm mistaken, could someone please direct me to where this information can be found?

Dear Guppy,

It is my pleasure to confirm your understanding and say that weather and clothing is in fact better than ever before precisely because of the new buff system. Also how clothing helps us has been simplified. It is my hope that weather and temperature survival will be an acceptable part of the game going forward.

Can we have heavy wind and heavy rain that blows out (stops) all campfires, torches and candles? Can we have clothing getting wet so feels like temp would be much colder unless you dry your stuff? :) Pretty please!

I hope there's some extreme weather that requires taking shelter or something other that alters the normal gameplay. Otherwise, it's still just the annoyance of lugging some extra stuff with you and popping clothing items on an off.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am a humble Nigerian prince that is in very much difficulty. Due to a misunderstanding in my country I am having to leave in a hurry. I would like to tell you that you have the good fortune to be able to help me and I you. I want to get my many millions out safely and think you can help. For this I will give you half of everything you get out. You must act quickly and give me your banking information post haste before all is lost. I hear the throng at the door now shouting something about releasing some kraken and something about his prison number maybe...A17? Please get the info to me as soon as you can. Many thanks.

Dear TFP,

I anticipate a high chance of XML edits and an increasing chance of weather being removed entirely in my game regardless.

Your efforts to improve the system are greatly appreciated, however, ....weather can blow me. [see what I did there?]

Sincerely,

~ Lucky

Dear TFP,

I anticipate a high chance of XML edits and an increasing chance if weather being removed entirely in my game regardless.

Your efforts to improve the system are greatly appreciated, however, ....weather can blow me. [see what I did there?]

Sincerely,

~ Lucky

To this day no game has really done a hot/cold system where it just worked right, thats why most of them just do not bother, its to hard to balance it properly, by properly I mean make it not annoying as hell.

To this day no game has really done a hot/cold system where it just worked right, thats why most of them just do not bother, its to hard to balance it properly, by properly I mean make it not annoying as hell.

You should play “SCUM“ then. Its in an alpha state close to A5-8, but so much stuff already works perfectly... or at least partially.

You should play “SCUM“ then. Its in an alpha state close to A5-8, but so much stuff already works perfectly... or at least partially.

Why did they use that name?

Sounds like they should have paid for a marketing expert and maybe done some market research.

I heard the game is pretty great though.

Why did they use that name?

Because the game is about scum? :-?

Very adeqately named :D

And yes it is, even though it is currently a glorified battle royale/day z mix.

But that is only temporary until more survival features are implemented.

Give it a try. But look at all its features before you run in expecting fortnight and die of heatstroke, hunger or even vitamin deficiancy.

Em... what? There have been loads, what about games like The Long Dark? With dynamic weather and it's effects in things like DayZ (heh, well some builds!), Miscreated, SCUM and all sorts of similar genre titles.

I do agree with you that it's both difficult to implement (especially multiplayer) and when done incorrectly can really hamper a game, but personally I've never had an issue with temp in 7DtD. If I'm hot I drink yucca or wear a poncho, if I'm cold I put on a duster or stand near a fire.

... If I'm hot I drink yucca or wear a poncho, if I'm cold I put on a duster or stand near a fire.

Does this add to the fun of the game?

I've often wondered that.

I've wondered long enough to decide .... NOPE...... and removed weather.

I get some people like the realism though.

Play the way you want I guess.

For me the system changes too quickly because the biomes are too small.

They fit the game, of course, but when you're zipping around with a vehicle, temp changes too fast.

I don't want to spend half my time changing clothes.

[Not to mention the inventory spaces used up]

Does this add to the fun of the game?

I've often wondered that.

I've wondered long enough to decide .... NOPE...... and removed weather.

I get some people like the realism though.

Play the way you want I guess.

For me the system changes too quickly because the biomes are too small.

They fit the game, of course, but when you're zipping around with a vehicle temp changes too fast.

I don't want to spend half my time changing clothes.

[Not to mention the inventory spaces used up]

I like the inclusion of weather as a survival mechanic, but the implementation has issues, as you describe.

Weather really only makes sense if seasons are implemented because that creates the long timescale/large area scale needed for a temperature system to work intuitively.

Archived