DLC's

iejen

Hi Everyone,

As you know currently there has been announced a content lock.

Meaning the game will be polished and made as bug-free as possible untill going gold.

Madmole announced going gold in 2019! :smile-new:

After that I am sure they will still implement free updates hotfixes but also major updates like frontier does.

For example:

• Bandits
  • Settlement
  • New Maps

I am also prepared for buying (and hoping for) DLC's like:

• Gun Pack (1~3$)
  • Outfits (1~3$)
  • Building packs with themes (5$)

What do you think about this and do you have suggestions?

Bandits are not going to be in when released? Really? I mean The Duke and the bandits are supposed to be the SP story and this is a PvE focused game, and they are gonna release without story?

Source pls?

Just a guess.

The dev diary mentions Content lock.

Maybe bandits will make it to A19, maybe after "going gold".

Madmole mentioned going gold in 2019.

Is A17->A18 will take as long as A16->17 the next update will be de beta update.

• 1 month later...
I am prepared to buy any DLC. Having clocked over 800 hrs with 7D2D, it is about time I get invited to spend some more money.

Yeah agreed.

Approx 4k hours here.

[some players have over 10k hours!]

I don't mind at all giving TFP some money for that.

Traitor Joel is a bandit, just look at those prices he's charging!

Can tick off the bandit kickstarter goal ;)

:highly_amused::encouragement:

I am prepared to buy any DLC. Having clocked over 800 hrs with 7D2D, it is about time I get invited to spend some more money.

Whatever decisions they make, I trust FunPimps that it will be best for the game. They totally know what they are doing.

I'll buy dlc depending on what it is, and also if its balanced. Some dlc's add new weapons to the game that are brokenly strong compared to whats in the base game. Dlc like that I tend to avoid. Not really intersted in skins either. Now a dlc that adds entirely new tech tiers, now I am intersted. We need more than we currently got, its too easy to get to steel and then there is really nothing to strive for anymore in a16.

I'll buy dlc depending on what it is, and also if its balanced. Some dlc's add new weapons to the game that are brokenly strong compared to whats in the base game. Dlc like that I tend to avoid. Not really intersted in skins either. Now a dlc that adds entirely new tech tiers, now I am intersted. We need more than we currently got, its too easy to get to steel and then there is really nothing to strive for anymore in a16.

How about DLC's which add building block types?

Or even a Christmas DLC where you can build christmas tree's or craft fireworks.

What if you could let your fireworks go off when your camera spots a Z ?

How about DLC's which add building block types?

Or even a Christmas DLC where you can build christmas tree's or craft fireworks.

What if you could let your fireworks go off when your camera spots a Z ?

So long as those new types aren't essential to the game and are purely cosmetic.

Otherwise you're talking about going down the EA/2K road of micro-transactions and games as a service.

People asking for gun, season dlcs and the like, by themselves... shows how much it has become the standard nowadays, which is unfortunate. I'd rather pay another 30$ for a full-fledged expansion in the future. But it's waaaaay too soon to even be talking about it. Let them finish the game first.

i really don't like the dlc system and if TFP decide to go in this way, i hope it'll be with massive content who could really bring something new to the game (maybe like Baldur's Gate and i'm not sure, but for the god sake never like EUIV and all the Paradox Interactiv games and their crappy policie.)

For the details like guns, skins, textures of blocks etc, we just need modders (just take a look to the "banished" workshop or "Planet Coaster" workshop).

Archived