Grim's Unity Asset Editor

grimreefer24601

I've found a small mistake in v0.3 beta 2. The extension of "Advanced audio coding" type is mistyped as acc, while it should be aac. Also, it's interesting that all textures in Deemo (I mentioned this before) is unreadable. The size can be read correctly, but not the contents. The "format" is also "Unknown: 0x2********". When I clicked on "Show Alpha" it changes to "0x20000000." Clicking on it again makes no difference, as well as further clicking. Looking forward to the new v0.3 update!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there :) i used the editor to change range of tnt :) Therefor i exported the models_2.txt and changed the values. After i imported the file back into the resourcess.assets ad startet the game the sound for most actions were gone. I repaired the install and imported the models_2.txt again. This time no sound errors at all. But now i dont have any loot in any container. Also the spawnable airdrops are emtpy. Anyone got a clue what made wrong or how to solve this? :)

If this is a new game after you fixed the sound problem, I would re install the resource.assets file and first make sure the game is again working before attempting to mod the Model_2 file. When you import a Model_* file, It does not update the model_* file until you have clicked on something this else then back... it will take a while to re import the file. If you save the resource.assets file before this it could have broken the file. So.. If you want to import the Model_2 file.. right click on it and select import. Select your file. ( nothing happens ) Click on the model_3 entry and then click back to the model_2 entry. It may tell you that it is not responding.. just wait during the spinning beach ball. eventually you will get the import of the model_2 file.. take a look and see that it looks okay, then SaveAs back over the resource.assets file. again wait for it to write the file out.. then exit and try it. Remember to make a backup copy of the resource.assets file before you attempt to edit it. makes going back to a working game much easier.

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;97940]If this is a new game after you fixed the sound problem, I would re install the resource.assets file and first make sure the game is again working before attempting to mod the Model_2 file. When you import a Model_* file, It does not update the model_* file until you have clicked on something this else then back... it will take a while to re import the file. If you save the resource.assets file before this it could have broken the file. So.. If you want to import the Model_2 file.. right click on it and select import. Select your file. ( nothing happens ) Click on the model_3 entry and then click back to the model_2 entry. It may tell you that it is not responding.. just wait during the spinning beach ball. eventually you will get the import of the model_2 file.. take a look and see that it looks okay, then SaveAs back over the resource.assets file. again wait for it to write the file out.. then exit and try it. Remember to make a backup copy of the resource.assets file before you attempt to edit it. makes going back to a working game much easier.[/QUOTE] Hey :) thanks for the help :) i "repaired" the game. that way the resourcess.assets was "back" to root :) I started the game and all was good. edited, and then the error with the chests came. Waited till the loading was over. checked the models_2.txt and the changes were in. Saved as. and then... well, no loot inside the container :D guess ill have to do moar work :D

[QUOTE=SiderisAnon;98986]Chrome flags a lot of things as malicious that are not. Try downloading with another browser.[/QUOTE] I just grabbed it from the ModDB link. Just thought it might be worth mentioning the problem with the mediafire link. I download alot of stuff from there, and this is the first time Chrome has refused a mediafire download.

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;35710][ATTACH=CONFIG]1111[/ATTACH] Unity Asset Editor is a plug-in based asset editor, exporter, and importer for modding games created with the Unity Game Engine. It can import and export any asset in raw data format. It can also be extended to support any kind of asset type through the use of plug-ins. This is an early version of UAE, so expect some bugs. I also can't guarantee it will work with every game or every file. If you find a file or game it doesn't work with let me know so I can figure out what's wrong. Also any suggestions will be listened too, and if I can do it I will. Included are the main program, the Text File Plugin, the Texture Plugin, and the Audio plugin. Also included is a Visual Studio 2008 project and source files for making a plug-in DLL. Make sure to read the readme file for more information about the tool. :star:Have fun modding.:star: [URL="https://www.mediafire.com/?xra726r8bsall2x"]Media Fire[/URL] [URL="http://www.moddb.com/games/7-days-to-die/downloads/unity-asset-editor"]ModDB[/URL] (may not be immediatly available)[/QUOTE] nice tool but is there a chance to get this windos 8.1 compatible? it crashes when i try export an texture TY

I have an problem with the textures found in the .assets, many of them are Non-POT and I assume unity puts them together into an atlas or at least adds white space around to make the dimensions POT. But the real deal-breaker is I can't save DDS textures as non-POT, so I don't know of a way to modify these textures. I know this isn't directly related to this tool, but you seem to know unity, so any ideas? ;)

Paint.net can edit dds textures.. see previous posts on this.. I use Photoshop with the NVidia DDS plugin to edit the dds formats and take note of what that format is when I extract it. UA shows the format in the info bar on the right side of the screen above the texture. It is best to keep that same format as that is what UAE is looking for during import

I have basic knowledge on how to edit and save DDS textures and I use photoshop with the Nvidia DDS plugin too. What I don't understand is how to save non-POT DDS textures. I did find that you can save in non-pot formats as long as it's not compressed and doesn't have any mipmaps, but that still doesn't help since a lot of the textures seem to be compressed and/or have mipmaps. UAE also seems to freak out about the Format. Even the original file doesn't work when I import it.. [img]http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-15330/uae_format.jpg[/img] Actually nvm, I found that you can actually save in DTX with non-POT. Seems like it's only the mipmaps that aren't allowed.

First you open the relevant asset file, find the right textfile, rightclick and choose import and select the modded file. Then just click file-> save as and overwrite the original assets file. ------------------ I'm still having troubles with the [B]UIAtlas texture[/B], I sorta got it working, but the colors are all wonky when I import it in photoshop. Yet when I look at it in UAE the colors seem fine, I assume it's something with the format and the color channels. I tried paint.net too, it has the same color shift. Is UAE doing something special when it exports and imports this type of format? I can't see exactly what format it is, if I could I might be able to find more information. [COLOR="#00FF00"][B][B]Edit:[/B] I found the issue, the red and blue color channels had been swapped, so I'm now compensating for that when saving the texture! :)[/B][/COLOR]

Help Needed Trying to export Audio Files, UAE Crashes I'm midway done creating a mod for A different Unity game, All that is left is the Audio Files. I am Able to export few audio Files, but On the other ones it Crashes Program. **Using the Latest Beta** All audio files Are Ogg Vorbis, I try to export, and crashes... Not sure if this has to do anything with it, but The Size number of some of the audio Files are say 1, I'm pretty sure the sound was compressed or something.. Please Help, I want to get this mod Released Very soon. Here's the Problem Details: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Unity Asset Editor.exe Application Version: 0.0.0.0 Application Timestamp: 53473545 Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.6161 Fault Module Timestamp: 4dace5b9 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0003ae7a OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Additional Information 3: 0a9e Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

[QUOTE=Revv;100717]Just wondering why Chrome has detected this as malicious and is blocking it? Really wanna try it but it's kinda concerning.[/QUOTE] Because the program contains code that can change files (like viruses do) and because the website hasn't been signed up with Google it sees it as a possible threat. Not being able to overide this without turning off the phishing protection is just annoying. If you're concerned about the file there are online virus scanners that will download it and scan it for you. To stop Chrome preventing you from downloading the file go to Chrome Settings --> Advanced --> and untick the phishing and malware protection. Download the file and then re-enable the protection.

I have exported a texture as .dds, edited and imported it back in and everything works fine. What i was wondering is i you can add a new texture? I can replace a texture but can't find out if i can add a new texture? If you cannot add a new texture at the moment but will probably be possible, would you add it in future builds?

You can add a new texture with the v0.3 alpha version. It however has bugs in some other areas. Plus it not just about adding the texture, but making the game address it. v0.3 does some of this work, depending on what you want to do. I've not had time to work on this at all lately, but I think I should have more time now. Best I can say is try the v0.3 alpha, or wait till I get the bugs worked out and really release v0.3.

[SIZE=1](why can't I edit my previous post?)[/SIZE] The update seems to have fixed all the Unnamed assets, they are now named something appropriate. But how could we modify the unity raw data files? [B]Edit:[/B] Only the shared assets 0 has named assets.

[QUOTE=ScrivenerMods;103023]Awesome! Im having loads of fun replacing textures in Endless Space using UAE v1.1, thanks so much for this. Now my ES mod will be even better! PLUS its extendable! Keep up the great work Grim :chuncky:[/QUOTE]Have to agree. I've used this on a few other Unity games to great effect.

Archived