Grim's Unity Asset Editor

grimreefer24601

Sorry, I know it sucks, but this is an unfinished piece of software. All I can do is fix stuff as I find it. v0.3 is adding some complicated stuff, so it's taking a bit to get it finalized, but that's one of the bug fixes that will be in the full release or the next UAE v0.3 BETA. I'd have mentioned it, but the way you described your issue made me think it was something else. All I can say is thanks for working through it, and verifying it. The more of these issues that are brought forward the better I can make UAE in the future.

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;65895]Sorry, I know it sucks, but this is an unfinished piece of software. All I can do is fix stuff as I find it. v0.3 is adding some complicated stuff, so it's taking a bit to get it finalized, but that's one of the bug fixes that will be in the full release or the next UAE v0.3 BETA. I'd have mentioned it, but the way you described your issue made me think it was something else. All I can say is thanks for working through it, and verifying it. The more of these issues that are brought forward the better I can make UAE in the future.[/QUOTE] Haha, I think if there's one person on this forum that never needs to apologise it's you Grim. Without UAE there'd be almost nothing in this modding section. I can't think of anything except simple hex hacks that doesn't involve using the tool you've developed in some way. For free. In your own time. And released to the general public to play with who otherwise would be stumbling around in the dark without a clue of what to do.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;66100]Haha, I think if there's one person on this forum that never needs to apologise it's you Grim. Without UAE there'd be almost nothing in this modding section. I can't think of anything except simple hex hacks that doesn't involve using the tool you've developed in some way. For free. In your own time. And released to the general public to play with who otherwise would be stumbling around in the dark without a clue of what to do.[/QUOTE] Yes.!!! well said. :encouragement:

[QUOTE=HAL9000;66100]Haha, I think if there's one person on this forum that never needs to apologise it's you Grim. Without UAE there'd be almost nothing in this modding section. I can't think of anything except simple hex hacks that doesn't involve using the tool you've developed in some way. For free. In your own time. And released to the general public to play with who otherwise would be stumbling around in the dark without a clue of what to do.[/QUOTE] Yeah, between grim and Hal I have nothing but gratitude guys. All the modders in this section have helped me progress my knowledge, get cool new prefabs, have great conversations that lead to other ideas, and dayum much non-homo love for the whole section. :star:

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Wsiegel;78507]Yes.. Since this is not a dependent software version tool, it works.. it simply opens the asset files for you and displays, exports or imports what ever the file contains.[/QUOTE] Thank you, sir! I love where this is going, its amazing

Whiles the tools itself is not dependent the assets themselves are. Every new build changes asset IDs, so any installer must update it's asset IDs. Also any XML change must be updated to include new XML changes. I'm working on making things go smoother, but be wary of the issuses with each type of mod you're creating. Also note that these days much is changing every build. This tool should work with any verson, but still things might break. I've also had some input from people from other games. Some of these changes you've already seen. Remember, this is a Untiy tool, not exclusively a 7 Days to Die tool. Games Tested: 7 Days To Die, Rust, The Dead Lnger, Kerbal Space Program, War For The Over World. I've heard of many other games tested, but these I've personally tested. v0.3 is due soon. Many of you are alreday using it. There are still a few bugs I'm working on, but I expect a full version for everyone soon. v0.3 adds some nice new tools, new plugins, and new abilities. I've been working with v0.3 for awhile. It's almost ready.

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;78807]Ooh, Wsiegel, you want to give me a massage? Um I don't know, that totally questions my sexual identity. Um, can't we just be friends?[/QUOTE] hahahahaha I was thinking someone with curves that go the other way...lol too funny

No, Rocky, right now there are no walkthroughs I know of. I keep planing to do some, but not yet. It's best right now if you just ask your questions. UAE is still very early so things are changing all the timw. If you want to know how something is done please ask. Make sure you do so in the forums where other can benefit from your answers.

Archived