Grim's Unity Asset Editor

grimreefer24601

I'm afraid I'm getting a runtime error on Windows 7 whenever I try and open an asset file for a different Unity game. After the runtime error pops up, the program APPCRASHes. I have tried every different version I could, in admin mode and not, as well as moving the folder off the desktop. I have also tried reinstalling the C++ redistributions as well as DirectX. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi(s), you're my only hope(s).

[QUOTE=Exiiile;103993]I'm afraid I'm getting a runtime error on Windows 7 whenever I try and open an asset file for a different Unity game. After the runtime error pops up, the program APPCRASHes. I have tried every different version I could, in admin mode and not, as well as moving the folder off the desktop. I have also tried reinstalling the C++ redistributions as well as DirectX. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi(s), you're my only hope(s).[/QUOTE]Which game? Which version of UAE, the v0.2 from the first post or the one of the v0.3 beta versions from later in the thread? unless I missed one in the thread, v0.3 (beta 2) is the last and can be found here: [url]http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?5030-Grim-s-Unity-Asset-Editor&p=63807&viewfull=1#post63807[/url] EDIT: Just noticed I have 9 different versions of UAE on my hard drive. lol. I've got some kind of sickness keeping old versions of things.

Attack on Titan Tribute Game, UAE v0.3 beta 2. I also tried using UAE v0.2 and received the same message. It's an odd situation because only a few people are supposed to have the asset files, so I shouldn't give it to anyone here. I of course understand that might make solving my issue more difficult or impossible. EDIT: I feel like it's something simple, like some normal thing most people have installed that I don't. I have .NET 4.5 as well.

[QUOTE=Exiiile;104001]Attack on Titan Tribute Game, UAE v0.3 beta 2. I also tried using UAE v0.2 and received the same message. It's an odd situation because only a few people are supposed to have the asset files, so I shouldn't give it to anyone here. I of course understand that might make solving my issue more difficult or impossible. EDIT: I feel like it's something simple, like some normal thing most people have installed that I don't. I have .NET 4.5 as well.[/QUOTE] Not sure how those web based ones are packaged. It could be something to do with that.

@Exiiile : This file type is not (yet) supported by UAE. It is a package of .assets (and some other) files which, in case the file starts with "UnityWeb", are compressed using LZMA. 7 Days to Die also uses such asset bundles to store textures and models, though they are not packed (starts with "UnityRaw"). Don't worry, the texture files inside it still are packed. Here's a tool able to unpack/pack those files : [url]https://github.com/ata4/disunity/releases[/url]

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;104479]Wow, disunity imports now? I wish it had months ago when I was first messing with this stuff. Call me biased I still like UAE.[/QUOTE] The latest version of Disunity has a bundle-inject command. However, I don't think a console program will ever beat UAE, simply because UAE is more user-friendly (and can decrypt the models_ files).

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;104987]Just a few hours ago. That's where the Texture Atlas files have been moved. I've done a little work at parsing them, and I think I can add it to UAE. Just getting my first real chance to play in a long time now. I'll look into more later.[/QUOTE]Excellent, and yes, that is where the block and terrain textures and their atlas info is now. Exactly why I asked. Since the loot level adjustments it seems farming has become something people want to do again and now of course that square block mod for the farming is requested again. Hence exactly why I hit you up about those files. Event chains are awesome, so you picked a good time to come back around. Now we can promo more of your awesome work. :) I'll need to move 2 textures from the Terrain File to the Block file most likely. Plus if you add the ability to edit those, I can see people doing texture packs for the game world as more of the textures will be moving to bundles along with the blocks and terrain that currently have been bundled.

Thank AussieWombat for it. He was asking me if I knew where the Atlases went, so I tracked them down there. The files are somewhat weird with a lot of repetitive DWORDs that either state the entire file size, or a few hundred bytes less. It does seem to have an index table with file names and pointers to those file locations. Still a lot of unknowns, but I'm finding some things. I wish I had more time, but I'll keep cracking at it when I can.

I got disUnity 0.3.1 to extract the files from the bundle, by adding the .unity3d to the end of the BlockTextureAtlases file. It then let me extract the files I needed to continue the work on the Orientation Guide.. Before that it reported the file did not exist. I noted in the documentation on this page, [URL="https://github.com/ata4/disunity"]ata4/disUnity[/URL], that all the files had that extension. AussieWombat

[QUOTE=AussieWombat;105107]I got disUnity 0.3.1 to extract the files from the bundle, by adding the .unity3d to the end of the BlockTextureAtlases file. It then let me extract the files I needed to continue the work on the Orientation Guide..[/QUOTE] Thanks for the heads up AussieWombat. That works to let me see the files and get to work on editing, but since disunity only supports bundle-extract + bundle-inject and not extract + inject I can't rebuild the file so the edits wouldn't be very useful, yet. bundle-extract results in a CAB-* file extract gives the files in a usable state {although no reverse to inject}

[QUOTE=Red Eagle LXIX;105115]Thanks for the heads up AussieWombat. That works to let me see the files and get to work on editing, but since disunity only supports bundle-extract + bundle-inject and not extract + inject I can't rebuild the file so the edits wouldn't be very useful, yet. bundle-extract results in a CAB-* file extract gives the files in a usable state {although no reverse to inject}[/QUOTE] The CAB-* file is an .assets file but UAE can't open it because it contains type information before the file table that isn't implemented correctly in UAE ([URL=https://github.com/ata4/disunity/blob/master/src/info/ata4/unity/asset/struct/TypeTree.java]TypeTree[/URL]). Anyway, my implementation also didn't read the type information correctly. [QUOTE=grimreefer24601;105076]Thank AussieWombat for it. He was asking me if I knew where the Atlases went, so I tracked them down there. The files are somewhat weird with a lot of repetitive DWORDs that either state the entire file size, or a few hundred bytes less. It does seem to have an index table with file names and pointers to those file locations. Still a lot of unknowns, but I'm finding some things. I wish I had more time, but I'll keep cracking at it when I can.[/QUOTE] I had to update AssetsTools.dll used in my Admin Tools preview (it's not uploaded yet) to support the asset bundles. If you want some help solving these unknowns, feel free to ask.

Thanks AussieWombat and Derpopo for the information. I'll see what I can do to get it working with UAE. [QUOTE=DerPopo;105137]I had to update AssetsTools.dll used in my Admin Tools preview (it's not uploaded yet) to support the asset bundles. If you want some help solving these unknowns, feel free to ask.[/QUOTE] I may hit you up on that. If for nothing else than to get another persons viewpoint on these files. I'm glad to finally have someone here that I can get help with these file types. That said, I've been gone for way too long, and I need to look back over some stuff before I really dive back into it. Thanks for offering to help.

Hey Grim, Any chance you would ever deobfuscate the models_# filenames to make it easier for people to talk about them as they are correctly? For those that wonder: "biomes", "models_1" "blocks", "models_2" "entityclasses", "models_3" "entitygroups", "models_4" "items", "models_5" "loot", "models_6" "materials", "models_7" "spawning", "models_8" "sounds", "models_9" "buffs", "models_10"

Probably with a lot of working around that would be specific to 7 Days To Die. No other game I've looked at tries to hide their files like that. Even if they did, I'm sure each game would use a different method for changing the names. In game, those name changes come from a function in AssemblyCSharp. I suppose I could do a Token file where the end users could type models_1=biomes, and when UAE finds a tokenized name it could replace it. That would also work if another game need to do it, and I don't think it would be too hard. Now thinking about it more, I bet I could.

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;106054]Probably with a lot of working around that would be specific to 7 Days To Die. No other game I've looked at tries to hide their files like that. Even if they did, I'm sure each game would use a different method for changing the names. In game, those name changes come from a function in AssemblyCSharp. I suppose I could do a Token file where the end users could type models_1=biomes, and when UAE finds a tokenized name it could replace it. That would also work if another game need to do it, and I don't think it would be too hard. Now thinking about it more, I bet I could.[/QUOTE]That would be a cool idea, then we could place a name remap file alongside UAE to handle it. Yeah, I know the function in the ASC dll. Came across it today while looking for something else. My guesses in the past to their real names had been pretty close. It had never bothered me working with the obfuscated names though, so not a big concern. It was more a curiosity thing. The big one I'm waiting on is those bundle files. ;)

I've figured out what DerPopo was saying about the CAB file being an assets file. I didn't really get all that TreeType stuff, because I'd never seen it in a file. I know what it takes to fix it, just need the time to sit down and code it. Well, and test it a bit. I'll try to get a new BETA out this weekend with the bundle file reader. I'll probably start a new thread for it at that time. Now that we have our own forum I think it would be easier to separate UAE and UAEBeta.

That sounds great. I'm more than willing to be a victim for testing (especially since I need this for the Farm Square Blocks mod). Not going to bother with a full on conversion as originally attempted, just those 2 block types to make it simple for folks and because I know that part works well already.

Archived