Grim's Unity Asset Editor

grimreefer24601

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=stallionsden;144435]I cant find model_5 in the resourceassets lol using UAE.. what am i doing wrong :-([/QUOTE] UAE Beta 3? When you opened the resources.assets, click on "Name" Category that it is sorted from a+z, click on a name in the left side and press the Buttons m+o, you should than see the models_1, just scroll down and there should be the rest.

• 1 month later...
Not sure if this is the place to post this but i really could use some help. I have downloaded the UAE editor and installed it, everything went fine there, but when i open the ResourceASSETS file and then go down the list and click on something the UAE stops working. Any ideas please would be great A10 is looming and my server population is counting on me making some changes. thanks a ton

[QUOTE=loomis;153163]Not sure if this is the place to post this but i really could use some help. I have downloaded the UAE editor and installed it, everything went fine there, but when i open the ResourceASSETS file and then go down the list and click on something the UAE stops working. Any ideas please would be great A10 is looming and my server population is counting on me making some changes. thanks a ton[/QUOTE] Never encounter the issue before, but it looks like: 1. parsing error, so possibly content not recognise or unreadable. 2. file error Can you elaborate on the "stops working", preferably a screenie? try modding a vanilla resource.asset if there's no problems there then you can nail down to your resource.asset being the problem. I've used it many times modding and such with no problems. Though the "freeze" when its loading in the huge resource.asset file can appear to be an error, usually I give it around 2min? or so grace time.

[QUOTE=paranoidx;154453]Never encounter the issue before, but it looks like: 1. parsing error, so possibly content not recognise or unreadable. 2. file error Can you elaborate on the "stops working", preferably a screenie? try modding a vanilla resource.asset if there's no problems there then you can nail down to your resource.asset being the problem. I've used it many times modding and such with no problems. Though the "freeze" when its loading in the huge resource.asset file can appear to be an error, usually I give it around 2min? or so grace time.[/QUOTE] I most likely have the same problem as him. Whenever I open my sharedassets2 and try to click something, it crashes. My resources is fine, however. [attachment=127:name]

[QUOTE=Burntcheese;154786]I most likely have the same problem as him. Whenever I open my sharedassets2 and try to click something, it crashes. My resources is fine, however. [ATTACH=CONFIG]5223[/ATTACH][/QUOTE] hmm, crash report don't give anything useful. just check your version to make sure its version 0.3(beta 1). but heres my one opening the same file: [ATTACH=CONFIG]5224[/ATTACH]

Just tested it on a clean box i.e. no games installed at all with a clean win7+sp1. It complains about missing d3dx9_43.dll, after I pressed OK, clicking any texture will result in crash. It might be that your windows suppressed that error? (which you can configure) install the latest dx9, see if that helps.

Here's the deal... When I try to open resources.assets, the editor simply crashes. It doesn't even list the files. I don't think the assets file is corrupted, I restored the same backup several times before, and it worked. I tried removing all UAE-associated files too, fruitlessly. Any suggestions?

[QUOTE=Wampa842;156066]Here's the deal... When I try to open resources.assets, the editor simply crashes. It doesn't even list the files. I don't think the assets file is corrupted, I restored the same backup several times before, and it worked. I tried removing all UAE-associated files too, fruitlessly. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE] depends on what medium you restore the backup from, but it is not unusual to have corrupted backup. Assuming you opened resource.asset without problem before without issue, it can only point to either something you introduced or resource is corrupted or screwup mod things I would check is; 1. try opening vanilla version from install disc or whatever medium you got it from 2. depending what version you got, but ask the forum for the checksum(sha1|md5) of the file of the vanilla file and validate against that.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there, Same issue loomis has here; for me it happens only with texture assets, and only under the plugin tab. Probably some compatibility issue with the integratred texture plugin, or directX ? (my dx is updated) Editing/exporting/importing audio and text assets works fine for me otherwise Same for all UAE versions. Happens as soon as I click on the texture asset, not before. Same thing on all assets lists, only 1 of them is modified, and it's only the language one (english.txt under resources.assets) and I never had any issue of that kind before. [attachment=159:name] (it just says UAE crashed)

Hello there, I am new to this, so please bear with me if my questions are stupid. I am trying to translate one of Big Fish Games, however whenever i open UAE and try to open any of the asset files, the program crashes with a runtime error: [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/70289547@N05/15264019224/[/url] Here is one of the asset files I am trying to open: [url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqid2vaaeychnuy/sharedassets0.assets?dl=0[/url] Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Sorry guys, I'm working all the time lately, and haven't had much of a mind for modding after work these days. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, I'm going to be busy for quite awhile. I'm not sure when I'll get back to hardcore modding again, and UAE is the most difficult Modding thing I've ever done. Most of you getting a crash is because you don't have Direct X 9.0c installed. Windows 8 doesn't seem to like it. The texture plugin uses DX9.0c to render the image, so that's why when you click a texture it crashes. You either need to use the NoDX texture plugin, install DX9.0c on your machine, or write a plugin that works with DX11.

Thanks for the answer Grim So I've tried using the nodx plugin and it works :) I see you already answered this problem before on another thread, sorry for my bad research. UAE doesn't display the dds but you can now import/export them with no problem So to all W8 users: copy [u].../texture plugins/NO DX/texture.dll[/u] and paste it in [u].../plugins/default/[/u], overwrite

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;170020]Sorry guys, I'm working all the time lately, and haven't had much of a mind for modding after work these days. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, I'm going to be busy for quite awhile. I'm not sure when I'll get back to hardcore modding again, and UAE is the most difficult Modding thing I've ever done.[/QUOTE] Glad to hear you've got plenty of work to keep busy. Sad to hear all that work will slow UAE development. Guess that means the texture bundles are still a ways out.

[QUOTE=OverGamer;170627] So to all W8 users: copy [u].../texture plugins/NO DX/texture.dll[/u] and paste it in [u].../plugins/default/[/u], overwrite[/QUOTE] thx, this needs to be stickied on the first page to save ppl digging for it or appended to the install document.

I registered just to say thanks a bunch for this .assets file format editor! I've searched for something like this for years, in hope to export one of the song of the game Spectraball, which had a terrible developer who didn't even give a crap when I said I WAS WILLING TO PAY for an mp3. Thanks a bunch again grimreefer24601! And good luck with 7daystodie guys!

Archived