Grim's Unity Asset Editor

grimreefer24601

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;106977]Oh come on, Red asked me to scale the textures to the window. Now you don't want them scaled? I guess I could add an option.[/QUOTE] from the screenshot I'd say he is modding a different game with very small textures instead of ones that far exceeded the viewport like the large textures 7DTD uses.

That's the beauty of UAE isn't it? That it's not just a 7 Days 2 Die tool. I know this is where it's most popular, but I do get a few people from other games asking me about stuff. Yeah, 64x32 is a pretty small texture. I almost think a default size may be too small, but it wouldn't hurt me to add a check box that inhibited the scale function. Just have to have the time. I've made some progress on the UnityRAW files. I was hoping for this weekend, and maybe still I can do it, but don't hold your breath. I'm sorry, but I had a ton of real life dropped on me this weekend. I may be able to do a very unstable BETA this weekend, but I think most of you would rather wait for me to get a more stable version. The fundamentals are done, I can read the files fine. It's previous bugs in v0.3 I need to fix before I can release even a BETA of this build. I broke some stuff. v0.3 cannot be released, even the next BETA, until I fix some issues. I think I'm almost there, but only time will tell. Hopefully I'll get the new BETA out soon. Really, I need to get v0.3 out of BETA, it's got a lot of new very useful stuff. But I hav to get it somewhat stable first. I intend to make a new thread just for the BETA when released, so I can keep the stable thread apart from the unstable thread. I think the v0.3 BETA link has already been lost in the UAE thread. I'm getting there. This is my busiest time of year, but I'm still trying to keep modding here.

Hi Grim, I know Hal asked you for something similar, but is there a command line interface that would allow me just export a file\s. I'm currently making a 3d Prefab editor in Unity3d, and am at the point that I need to start using game assets like textures and the block types. So I can use UAE to export the textures manually, but I'd prefer to write an app that reads the models_2 file and exports all of the textures for the blocks. Looks like from Aussie's post that I could potentially use disunity, for this. But I'd prefer to use UAE.

No I don't have a command line version. Maybe someday. Most of those textures are in single large textures. I was working on a world editor a bit, and they're all were pulled from the texture atlases. Except for terrain whit used the TA's but actually also used the texture reference in that file. 0x00000073 (115) is a MonoScript according to Unity. [URL="http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ClassIDReference.html"]YAML Class ID Reference[/URL]

I have used the GUAE for lots of fun stuff... but now I wanted to package a mod. And it didn't work. What am I doing wrong? [URL="http://i.imgur.com/dApeO97.jpg"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dApeO97t.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Did I (manually) enter a too-correct path? (selecting the path in the GUAE does not include a drive letter) The altered files are in the stated mod folder. I'm [I][B]assuming[/B][/I] that this is where the files for the package are taken from, right? If this isn't the case... I also tried having the modded files [I][B]in[/B][/I] [I]resources.assets[/I], saved and all, while trying to package. Yet, if I "package" a mod I get an executable which apparently installs the correct number of files... but none of the [I][B]altered[/B][/I] files have ended up in [I]resources.assets[/I] if I check afterwards.

This is used to create an installer from the assets already in the file... not from the mod folder... it is an export installer tool. You need to have the mod installed and select the assets you want to include in an installer. Make sure you select 7D2D format on the top.

Hello everyone, i am having a problem exporting textures from the sharedassets2-file. I want to save one as dds to edit it (map), but as soon as i click on any texture, UAE stops working and crashes. I am using Win 8.1 x64 and testet it with UAE 0.2, 0.2.1 and 0.3(BETA_2). Can anyone give me some advice on this? Greetings Ank

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;108352]This is used to create an installer from the assets already in the file... not from the mod folder... it is an export installer tool. You need to have the mod installed and select the assets you want to include in an installer. Make sure you select 7D2D format on the top.[/QUOTE] Thank you. That was the missing bit of information. =)

I have a feature suggestion. Import Folder + Export Folder [U]Import Folder [/U] [INDENT]would open a prompt for a folder. All files in the folder are either updated to an existing asset in the archive... or added if there is no such asset entry. This would be used to update a newly patched [I]resources.assets[/I] file with all my existing modded files. It would also be useful for distributing "loose" files where the user can mix & match, deleting the files he doesn't want patched, [I][B]then[/B][/I] importing the bunch. It's not quite as elegant as a worst-case-user-friendly EXE but it would allow more choice in mod installation... and more control because you can [I][B]see[/B][/I] which files are going in and don't have to take the modder's word for it. =)[/INDENT] [U]Export / Update Folder[/U] [INDENT]would open a prompt for a folder. All files in the folder are overwritten by an "export" if there is an asset of identical name in the archive. One use would be to have a folder with the models_1-10 files. One action to update [I]the whole thing[/I] after a new patch so you can compare files and check for new changes. (that the devs only put in to break your mod) [/INDENT] I wouldn't expect anything super sleek or optimised. If it's a loop that calls the single file / import export function for one file after the other I'd be happy. So what if it takes half an hour? I don't [I][B]have[/B][/I] to sit and watch. =) The reason why I'm asking is that [I][B]packaging [/B][/I]mods is super-simple. (yay!) Just load the saved mod template. [I][B]Rebuilding[/B][/I] a newly patched [I]resources.assets[/I] file to the point where this is possible would in my case take some 1-2 hours of mind-numbing chore.

The problem is that there's not any way to make that work when TFP rebuild, and all the asset indexes change. Something like the models files could be done by name, but many of the other files have the exact same name. Even if I looked at name and type it wouldn't help because many of the files with the same name are also the same type. I have no way of knowing if unnamedasset147 will be unnamedasset147 in the next build. I can't just look at a file or folder and know where the data is supposed to go. I could make it work per build, because 8.8 has the same indices as 8.8, but once 8.9 comes out those indices change. It's easy for you to look and find what you want to fix, but not as easy for a computer. I'm planning on making a way to update the installers without all the rework, just open the mod files, and enter the new ID's. I'll probably also make UAE open the installers as mod files (Red asked for that awhile back). If you want to look at the files open it in a hex editor, and search for your Mod title string (Unicode). From the beginning of that string go back 2 DWORDs, from this point to the end of the file is a mod file. If you copy that hex, put it in a new hex document, and save it as a .umod you can open it in UAE.

I was asking specifically about assets that [I][B]do[/B][/I] have a name. In my case sound files. Lots of them. An asset that only has an ID that changes with every patch is pretty much impossible to nail down. *shrug* Updating the package is not a big deal. Flush old files, add new ones. Annoying but can do. Being able to edit the ID won't even help to make it faster. The [B][I]major pain[/I][/B] is to add 100 files back into the resouce.assets. One by one. Waiting quite a while. Every time.

Actually, if you could update the ID's you don't have to re-add the files. The files are stored in the mod. All you have to do is type in the new ID, and save it. I used unnamed assets as an example, but there are other files that have the same name. resources.assets contains 12 textures named "fog". At least as many "normal_specular". I can see how it would work for you, on 7 Days to Die, but to add anything to UAE I have to make it work for everything. I've been trying to figure out a way to make things work like you want, but unfortunately right now I don't know exactly what to do to make it work that way without causing potential problems for other users. You can always distribute individual RAW data files, and let the end user install with UAE. That's how a lot of people distribute UAE mods.

Well, thanks for trying. =) Still, a feature that does work well for some things but will not work in [I][B]all[/B][/I] cases (if there are no/multiple names) can still be useful. Or I'm just lazy. =)

While I agree the concept sounds great, the implementation would be a nightmare as the format is not stable. And now that the textures have been bundled.. it would make this feature useless... who's to say that the next bundle isn't audio? At least you have a way to do it and get it to a user who can import it without knowledge of the structure or formats. ( it just means a little more work on our part ) Now if we can get that unnamed asset plugin.. :) JK Grim, take you time.

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;109284]Actually, if you could update the ID's you don't have to re-add the files. The files are stored in the mod. All you have to do is type in the new ID, and save it.[/QUOTE] Yah, I'm doing that now. Can you throw me a bone, though, and make it so that clicking on a file name in the "Mod Creator" window, the GUAE [I][B]tries[/B][/I] to do a name match and centers the view on / marks the next identically named file in the "Resource File" window? If there are multiple matches, you just have to click multiple times until it shows the one you like best. That "wouldn't hurt" any other use of the software. =)

[QUOTE=Gazz;109550]Yah, I'm doing that now. Can you throw me a bone, though, and make it so that clicking on a file name in the "Mod Creator" window, the GUAE [I][B]tries[/B][/I] to do a name match and centers the view on / marks the next identically named file in the "Resource File" window? If there are multiple matches, you just have to click multiple times until it shows the one you like best. That "wouldn't hurt" any other use of the software. =)[/QUOTE] Really Gazz?... if you just click on the Name heading column all the items will sort alphabetical and all your same named items will all be in the same place.. then just click (add) click (add) click (add), it is easier to do this than to modify the code to save you a few clicks... be reasonable with someone who is providing a great product for us to use.. at no charge I might add!

Hey Grim, since your mailbox is full ( my fault I'm sure.. ) I thought I might ask here. If you remember the 0x00000017 unnamed asset entry I was trying to create for the empty_gas_can that was referenced in the Game Object file? [CODE]00 00 00 00 [COLOR="#FFFF00"]4C 12[/COLOR] 00 00 01 01 01 FF 00 00 80 3F 00 00 80 3F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 [COLOR="#00FF00"]4F 01[/COLOR] 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00[/CODE] I know Green highlight Dword x10 is the Materials pointer... but the Yellow highlight Dword x2 seams to point back to the original Game Object ( index 4684 ) that this is listed in... Should this be also changed to the new Game object I create or does it matter? Recreated everything this morning with the new build except for that unnamed asset file. Still can't get it in, but was just wondering if this is some sort of call back? Thanks

Archived