Grim's Unity Asset Editor

grimreefer24601

so the first 4 bytes of sharedassets0.assets for example 00 00 5b 11 is the initial bytes of the file from rust v25 just to be sure were on the same page and i am looking at the right bytes (those bytes should be a file type marker)

looking at another asset file I see its oddly not the same normally files have "magic bytes" which allow you to know what type they are followed by some times a header crc it looks like the magic bytes have been removed and that the file begins with a 32-bit Header CRC how ever I have yet to confirm this.. ill check were talking about the same area/bytes etc with you and if so go further to confirm it I guess

[QUOTE=scatterp;58059]ill take a look i worked as an seo for 8 years[/QUOTE] Do you know anyone who needs an out of work Jack of All Trades? The first DWORD seems to always be close to the fourth DWORD. Not any relation I've figured out yet. I don't know about Rust because I don't have it. Without looking at the Rust files you're describing I really can't comment.

regarding the seo 7 days to die does not have a date on the copyright lacks content no about page but the other site has about us contact legal terms and conditions pages dynamic content on the front page more content on the front page the site is obviously better

Wait, Wait! I'm totally lost as to where your talking bout. No magic numbers in assets files. What do you want to know? I'm eating dinner right now, but I think your going off course. Here's what I know of basic assets files. Everything else is a plugin. [CODE]assets header DWORD unknown1;(Big Endian) // Related to dataOffset DWORD filesize;(Big Endian) DWORD format;(Big Endian) DWORD dataOffset;(Big Endian) // Offset from the beginning of file to asset data DWORD unknown3; //Always 0 char version[8]; DWORD revision; DWORD unknown5; //Always 0 DWORD unknown6; //Always 0 DWORD numFiles; asset table - repeat numFiles DWORD index; // File ID of the asset DWORD offset; // Offset from dataOffset to asset DWORD size; //Size in bytes of asset DWORD type1; //Type of asset DWORD type2; //Secondary type usually matches type 1 reference table DWORD numReferences; the rest I haven't studied much asset name - optional DWORD length; char name[length]padded to 4 byte multiple asset data byte data[size]; [/CODE]

magic numbers: [url]http://www.fadden.com/techmisc/file-formats.htm[/url] DWORD filesize;(Big Endian) (this i thought might be 32bit crc but did not check) yes seems I was off course looking at the structure you posted don't see any unidentified dwords do you use irc ? going to grab a coffee and smoke and be back will give you time to eat etc

In the previous structure I listed every unknown as unknown*. There are four in the header all of which are 0 except for the first one. I looked briefly at the Rust files you linked, but assets wise I see no difference. No I have never been employed as a reverse engineer, programmer, or really anything computer related. I taught myself everything I know. Perhaps I'm missing what your pointing out. That's what I don't get. I've provided all I know about assets. What are you asking?

ah ok now i see it so its DWORD unknown1;(Big Endian) // Related to dataOffset ? [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE=grimreefer24601;58075] No I have never been employed as a reverse engineer, programmer, or really anything computer related. I taught myself everything I know. [/QUOTE] yeah its quite easy to get work but it tends to be a bit crappy like reverse every single byte of every single version of ms office for example do you use irc ?

Yes, but I can modify every part of the file, and leave that the same, and everything works fine. It's not an important part to figure out. Like I said, if you want to help reverse engineer some of the unknown plugin types. I'd love to answer any questions about making plugins, but no one has asked anything of the sort so far. I think I explained it fairly well, but have no response on it. Really, I have assets down. Please, if you have the talent, look at exported assets. I'm not diverging you from making a better Unity Asset Editor, in fact, I gave you the information to do it. To be really helpful though, learn an asset type and make a plugin. This is really the most help you can give to UAE right now. Myself cannot figure out what more to add to UAE right now besides plugins.' No IRC, and without looking it up I'm ignorant of what you mean by it.

irc common chat system other options are skype gtalk msn etc [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE=grimreefer24601;58080]I'd love to answer any questions about making plugins, but no one has asked anything of the sort so far.[/QUOTE] yeah theres not many people with the skill so your not likely to get a lot of those type of questions

Well then, no I don't have IRC. I really prefer most question be asked here on the forum, so other people can find the information. I could answer you private, but I much prefer public questions, and public answers. It's not about quantity. A few good modders have already contacted me.

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;58049]Just a note, and a strange one, if you Google Unity Asset Editor, the thread I posted a few days ago at Sandswept (The Dead Linger) shows up before this one. Right after that is my Mod DB. I think 7 Days to Die is missing something most SEO's catch. Really, most of my mods/tools find Google fairly well. 7 Days to Die for some reason isn't hitting Google. If Sandswept can hit Google, why does 7D2D not?[/QUOTE] Trust me, you really don't want to know how google decides what to show you. This thread is #2 on my view, right under Unity's Workflow. There are ... weighting factors on how it orders what you see based upon several different things (browser used, etc.) Don't worry about how it shows stuff to you nor about how it figures out what to show unless you really want to go paranoid style nuts about how search engines work on the web.

Hey Grim, Thanks for the asset extractor. I can find may uses for this, but am not a very strong coder anymore. Do you know of any texture viewer that could be used when creating prefabs? something to take the Items3DPreviewAtlas_index.data and Items3DPreviewAtlas.dds and make a simple viewer? I currently use Aussie's Prefab builder, but when I select a block to use I have no idea what the texture will look like till it gets placed and viewed in real world. ( don't even get me started with block rotations... ) The only tool I see is Blood's recipe editor that displays the textures. Thanks again for all you hard work.

I found a (possible) Bug: I can't overwrite the file "models_10.txt" in "ressource.assets" without an Issue If I start a new Game or load a Savegame, there is an Error that tell me the PlayerMale doesn't got an 'bottledWater'. Maybe you can fix it! :)

It's Christmas in Navezgane! It's Christmas in Navezgane! [URL=http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/grimreefer24601/media/2014-04-10_00001_zpse9754b66.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag223/grimreefer24601/2014-04-10_00001_zpse9754b66.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/grimreefer24601/media/2014-04-10_00002_zps32a888bc.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag223/grimreefer24601/2014-04-10_00002_zps32a888bc.jpg[/IMG][/URL] No, not really. This is a recent test using v0.3 and the new Resource Manager plugin to create a new world with a brand new biomes texture. Basically I just turned the whole world to the snow biome, but this is a totally separate map selectable from the main menu. [URL=http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/grimreefer24601/media/2014-04-10_00004_zps35ae5b24.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag223/grimreefer24601/2014-04-10_00004_zps35ae5b24.jpg[/IMG][/URL] It's a little bit complicated to do right now, but I'll probably be releasing a v0.3 BETA update soon anyway which will let anyone do this. It also fixes the add/remove resource functions (they no longer cause errors when loaded). These are the first steps towards being able to add all kinds of new items, not only just maps. Hopefully I'll have it the next beta version ready this weekend.

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;63163]It sounds like something is wrong in how you've written your xml. I just modified that file, and have no problems.[/QUOTE] Okay I'll take a look! The thing is, i only change the namens of the buffs. i didn't change anything else. And there aren't any line with 'bottledWater'. I will try it again! If it doesn't work I will tell you. but Thanks! :)

I have v0.3 (BETA_2) ready, and available in this post or my earlier v0.3 BETA post. It's getting closer to a final v0.3 release. This version fixes some bugs with the add/remove asset functions. It also fixes some bugs caused in several of the plugins by adding a new asset. It also updates the Mod Creator to include Mod Templates. Mod Templates are easy ways to set up your mod installer, just select the 7 Days to Die template, and your directory, verify file, and the new selectable installer are all set to their appropriate values. The new selectable installer makes way for me to have different installers for different games. Right now they all just use the default installer. In the future I would like to make an installer for 7 Days to Die that can update specific assets, instead of replacing them entirely. It includes a fixed default installer for the Mod Creator that properly handles "unnamed assets" and new assets. Finally it includes two new plugins. One for Game Objects, and one for the Resource Manager file in mainData. Game Objects are containers in Unity that link objects together. The Resource Manager is how Unity Takes an Engine LoadResource string, and turns it into a file. These are two components to adding new objects to the game. As always let me know any bugs, comments, or suggestions. [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download/s8zch4jwdgh7x92/UAE_0_3(BETA_2).zip"]UEA_0_3(BETA_2).zip[/URL]

Archived