Grim's Unity Asset Editor

grimreefer24601

[attachment=5557:name] Unity Asset Editor is a plug-in based asset editor, exporter, and importer for modding games created with the Unity Game Engine. It can import and export any asset in raw data format. It can also be extended to support any kind of asset type through the use of plug-ins. This is an early version of UAE, so expect some bugs. I also can't guarantee it will work with every game or every file. If you find a file or game it doesn't work with let me know so I can figure out what's wrong. Also any suggestions will be listened too, and if I can do it I will. Included are the main program, the Text File Plugin, the Texture Plugin, and the Audio plugin. Also included is a Visual Studio 2008 project and source files for making a plug-in DLL. Make sure to read the readme file for more information about the tool. :star:Have fun modding.:star: [URL="https://www.mediafire.com/?xra726r8bsall2x"]Media Fire[/URL] [URL="http://www.moddb.com/games/7-days-to-die/downloads/unity-asset-editor"]ModDB[/URL] (may not be immediatly available)

It looks like some of the Assembly References are missing on your machine. If I ever make an official installer I'll have to include the VS2008 Redistributable. A detailed explanation is found [URL="http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/43681/Side-by-Side-Configuration-Incorrect"]here[/URL]. The recommended solution is to use the [URL="http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11895#top"]Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update[/URL]. Let me know if that helps.

[quote]Activation context generation failed for "\7 Days To Die\UAE\Unity Asset Editor.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.[/quote] Possible cause? Like the person in the post there, running the redistributable files did nothing and both come back as installed. [url]http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/6588fbd3-5e94-4053-8496-4d95ee25f45f/question-for-sidebyside-issue-with?forum=vcgeneral[/url] [quote]It looks like you have a dependency on a debug library (Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT) Debug libraries are not provided in any redistributable pack (because they are not redistributable). This probably means you are trying to run a debug build on a machine that does not have Visual Studio installed. The solution to the problem is to build and distribute a release build, not a debug build.[/quote]

I had typed a much longer response but the forum did one of its "The post you entered contained no text" and ate the whole thing. I did get one of those crashes you spoke of while using on 7DTD (on a text file). Tried using on "From The Depths" and it works nicely on that as well. You've really got the workings of one of the best Unity asset tools out. Very nice indeed, keep going! (FTD is a Unity engine voxel fortress/vehicle builder on Steam greenlight) Minor bug, when using the keyboard to go up and down the list of files, sometimes the preview display gets disconnected and will either show the contents of the file before or after (depending on if moving up or down with keyboard). Minor, just thought you might want to know.

So, here's a screenshot teaser of the Model plug-in I'm working on. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1119[/ATTACH] I think I've got the Unity Format figured out. Now I just have to decide on a good output format. Disunity converts to OBJ which is a nice easy file to work with, but it can't store all the information in a Unity Mesh file. I've got vertices, indices, bone matrices, vertex colors, at least two sets of texture coordinates, skin weights,normals, and tangents. OBJ can't handle all of that. The only 3d format that I'm familiar with coding is DirectX X Files. These can't be opened in most software without conversion, so I'm kind of looking into FBX, but there's no real documentation on it. It does have a free SDK, so it's the most likely possibility, and it's usable in most software. So, the question I'm posing is, do any of you know of a better 3d file format? Keep in mind the above data I need to handle, compatibility with 3d software, and documentation on the format. Your opinions may help me decide on the final output format.

Missed the edit window: Details on the minor bug from above: (example, open resources.assets, scroll down and click on BEAR_NRM, then press the down arrow key 4 times so that PIG is highlighted. The app will display the texture for BOAR_diff_spec. Confirm by clicking on the already select PIG value and it will then display the correct PIG texture. Press up arrow once and it continues to display the PIG texture while BOAR_diff_spec is selected. Press the up arrow again and it will display the BOAR_diff_spec while BOAR_NRM is selected. Click on BOAR_NRM with mouse to confirm). {hope those details help} Another minor bug: clear the preview window on file change. It was weird seeing the PIG texture being displayed after doing file open on a game file where I know no pigs exist. :) Can't help on the 3D File formats, modelling is not something I have any skill with. That teaser looks cool, do the models rotate?

First, which file caused the crash? And dose it always crash on that file. I've tried the editor on The Dead Linger, and it works for that game as well. Really, with plug-ins it should work with any Unity game. Last, I know about the bug in the list view. I've never used that control before, and it's got some quirks. I actually had to write the keyboard handler, since Window's does nothing with the key presses in a list view. That so far is the biggest issue I've had with the editor. Every other error is in the plugins. But, there may be other things, so keep telling me any problems you find. And thanks for the awesome detailed description. I can add the clear on open pretty easy, thanks for pointing it out. The main thing is, when you get an error, note the file you were trying to view, and verify if it happen every time on that file. Thanks for testing it out.

Ok, I'm not editing that last post again. Yes the models rotate, zoom, and translate. I've got some issue with FOV due to the changing window sizes, but I've written code that fixes that, so it's not a major concern. Really, just trying to figure out the best file to write the output too. I'll also add. Any file type you want a plugin for let me know. I'm trying to figure out as many as I can, so suggesting a particular one may make me look into it sooner.

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;36151]Last, I know about the bug in the list view. I've never used that control before, and it's got some quirks. That so far is the biggest issue I've had with the editor. Every other error is in the plugins. But, there may be other things, so keep telling me any problems you find. And thanks for the awesome detailed description. I can add the clear on open pretty easy, thanks for pointing it out. The main thing is, when you get an error, note the file you were trying to view, and verify if it happen every time on that file. Thanks for testing it out.[/QUOTE] It happens consistently for me on any text file. I took a look at the Plugin > Info and the text and texture ones have their information reversed. A quick check file, 7DTD sharedassets1.assets then click English.

Yes, I do (MD5): [code]; 27136 18:54.29 2014-02-20 none.dll 4886e5d5e4e4415cdf0d06c4cab8622c *none.dll[/code] event viewer info, same problem as the exe from before: Steam Game Extras\7 Days To Die\UAE\Plugins\Decrypters\none.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

At the moment it's all client side. That's the reason I'm not releasing the 7 Days to Die Text Decrypter. So far, all I've given is cosmetic changes that don't afet gameply. There are XMLs in the asset files that can be used to cheat on multi-player servers. I am not going to release the XML Decrypter unless one of the Devs give me a go ahead on it. So Yes client side, but I've not added any plugins that could be used as or considered a cheat.

Archived