Grim's Unity Asset Editor

grimreefer24601

Thanks Grim, looking good! Found a crash though on my system. Open Resources.assets and search for "fog". On mine it crashes out with a runtime error. Does it do the same for you? On an alternate note, do you know how to disable the fog? Or increase it's draw distance? Oh and I've been meaning to ask for a while - is 24601 a Les Miserables reference? I've been dying to know haha Cheers, Hal

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/skedlUX.png[/IMG] Worked for me, but I only had Chrome and UAEditor open when I tested. Hope this helps Hal Cheers bro WorldEnvironment -----------First area--------- Color fogColor = this.Field6217.GetFogColor(field1871); if (single > 0f) { Color sunlightColor = this.Field6217.GetSunlightColor(field1871); float single1 = Mathf.Min(this.GetDaylight(Param6189) * 1.3f, 1f); Color sunColor = this.Field6217.GetSunColor(field1871); float single2 = single * single1 * sunColor.a; fogColor = (fogColor * (1f - single2)) + (sunlightColor * single2); } return fogColor; ---------Second area--------- RenderSettings.fogColor = color; Camera.main.backgroundColor = color; float field1871 = (float)((float)(this.Field6216.Field1871 % (long)24000)) / 24000f; float fogColor = this.Field6217.GetFogColor(field1871).a; RenderSettings.fogDensity = Mathf.Lerp(0.0001f, 0.005f, fogColor); RenderSettings.fogStartDistance = Mathf.Lerp(50f, 0f, fogColor); RenderSettings.fogEndDistance = Mathf.Lerp(200f, 50f, fogColor); Not exactly the answer you're looking for but should help a wee bit.

@HAL9000: I've had one random crash while using the search feature, I've not been able to track it down. For me I was able to immediately start UAE again and prefor the exact sam search. Does it fail everytime you search for "fog"? Can you search for other strings? Can you search for other data types (Hex/Decimal/etc.)? Let me know any more details you can come up with. Yes 24601 is a reference to Les Miserables. Of all the places I use this name, you the first to mention it. I love the book, and the play. I never saw the movie though. I saw enough really bad clips of the cast singing on YouTube. @ DarkNightsComing: Thanks for also giving it a try. It may have something to do with external programs, but I'm not sure. Search is one of the more intense functions along with loading. Probably needs more adaptation, but it's the first binary search routine I've ever written.

Ha found it. Ok since it is using a spectrum for fog to determine the offsets during render via transform with lerp. Adjust the following textures with preferred spectrum. Apparently using the texture to get the range from one of the (or more) color channels. Look at my screenshot (Search criteria of resources.assets is spectrumfog) Texture in the right side of the attached image is [B][COLOR="#FFD700"]snow_spectrumfog[/COLOR][/B] Direct link to image: [url]http://i.imgur.com/wS4aY9H.png[/url] Attached Image: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wS4aY9H.png[/IMG] Hope this helps bro Cheers

@Grim - It's ok, it's working now. I could search the other files so thought it must be a problem with resources.assets. Deleted it and re-downloaded but the problem still occurred. Rebooted and it worked fine. Maybe a memory leak from the game that's keeping the file open somewhere so your program can't access it? Either way not your program's error so all's good! Ahh I'm glad it is a reference to Les Miserables - otherwise I'd have looked crazy (and extremely geeky - which I am). Yeah the film is hit and miss - Javert on the bridge is one of my favourite pieces of music and to have to sit through Russell Crowe butchering it was not a pleasant experience. But on the plus side there's people like Samantha Barks who plays Eponine who's absolutely fantastic! The Hollywood actors bring depth in the visual side and the singers carry the music. Overall I enjoyed it. The guy who originally played Valjean on stage even turns up! @DNC Thanks Dark, great work, I'll definitely check that out!

Glad you got it working HAL. I can't be sure if it's my program at this point. I've found a lot of bugs lately, that worked, most of the time, but would fail randomly. Still a lot of stuff to work out, and figure out. I've always preferred the live shows to movie versions of plays. The live performance itself is amazing. In Hollywood there are an infinite amount of takes. On Broadway it has to be right every time. Plus the sets are awesome. The underground lake in Phantom, the Helicopter in Miss Saigon, and the even the barricade in Les Miserables are amazing to see put together on a live stage, and moved in and out seamlessly. The only thing better about Hollywood versions is that they're not $200 a seat.

Thanks Grim, I'll keep an eye out but I'm pretty sure it was my computer causing the issue. Yeah I love the live shows too. The first show I ever saw was Phantom in London (and I can still recite from memory the "Lot 666" prologue - sad I know...) and they had an actual chandelier above the audience that fell and stopped about 30 feet above your head and swung down onto the stage. We we're right under it and loved it!

Can you upload the latest version (0.3 beta 2) to some other places than MediaFire? MediaFire is blocked in China, and my circumvention software has some issues so it cannot download files from MediaFire. You can try puush ([url]http://puush.me[/url]). ModDB isn't blocked in China either.

Hey Grim, Just a head's up FYI.. the latest UAE_0_3(beta 2) comes up as having a Rootkit.Agent. ( previous versions did not ) I use SuperAntiSpyware. Realtime protection deletes the file automatically when I tried to run it. I have since allowed this file as an exception to run it. but it may be something to look into. Thanks

Sorry to hear about the anti virus problem. As far as I can tell it's a false positive. Something in the compile gave it the signature of a known Rootkit. What I can tell you is I've used no new external libraries in this version, and I don't put viruses in my code. Honestly 99% of my code was written by me, only windows stuff and dx aren't mine.

Hey Grim, Had the crash when searching again. Killed the explorer process and it worked fine (and it only happens after I've been in the game) so I think it's the game making an unmanaged call to resources.assets and it's not closing the file after. Just FYI in case anyone else has this problem. Cheers, Hal

The thing with that HAL is for you to be able to search UAE has already accessed the file. If it happened when you loaded it would make sense, but since it's already loaded the headers and asset names I don't see that the file could be locked up. Further than that, when UAE opens an assets file, it makes a local copy of that assets file that it works to. I do it so I don't have to hold the entire 1 GB file in memory. After the initial load only the local copy is used. So you open resources.assets UAE creates a temp file that duplicates resources.assets. UAE then uses this file for everything, including the search done later. Everything you do is done to the temp copy, and when you call save it mearly replaces the file you choose with the temp working copy. I still think judging by all that, that it is something in UAE. I just don't know what yet.

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;65153]The thing with that HAL is for you to be able to search UAE has already accessed the file. If it happened when you loaded it would make sense, but since it's already loaded the headers and asset names I don't see that the file could be locked up. Further than that, when UAE opens an assets file, it makes a local copy of that assets file that it works to. I do it so I don't have to hold the entire 1 GB file in memory. After the initial load only the local copy is used. So you open resources.assets UAE creates a temp file that duplicates resources.assets. UAE then uses this file for everything, including the search done later. Everything you do is done to the temp copy, and when you call save it mearly replaces the file you choose with the temp working copy. I still think judging by all that, that it is something in UAE. I just don't know what yet.[/QUOTE] Ah yeah that makes sense. Sounds like UAE's trying to re-open the file when searching then? Or not closing the file after a command maybe? But doesn't happen every time lol. And as usual it's me that breaks stuff. Man I hate computers... :)

I'm trying to mod Plague Inc: Evolved with this and the changes don't show up. I change a few variables here and there and they don't show up in-game. Just as a test I changed one of the descriptions of an item to garbled gibberish, and when I launched the game it still showed its usual, normal description. I'm using the save-as function. Whats extremely odd though is that the changes are in fact saved, and this is after closing UAE. Whenever I check back to the .assets file I edited, the garbled gibberish was still there - and yet somehow the game knows what its original description was. What. :numbness: I'm also almost 100% certain that the file I edited within the .asset bundle was the ONLY file in the entire game that had that specific, unique description, so I'm really not sure what the hell's happening here.

If UAE saved it, then it did what it's meant to do. That string must not be read from that location. I don't have that game, so I can't really tell you anything specific about it. I would recommend trying some other changes to different files, and see if you get similar results. I like to do a simple color change on the loading logos to test things. v0.3 BETA2 a few posts back has a search feature, but it's got a few bugs with the mod installer. It might help locate if that text is in a different location though.

Actually I think the problem may be UAE not saving the .assets files correctly, or at all. I've done a few more tests and the .asset files I save-as consistently do not show the changes I made (show in the editor, not in game) Edit: For some reason, UAE seems to have a problem when saving a file under another file name, but does it correctly when saving under the same file name - somehow. For instance if I were to open up test1.asset with UAE, change a few things, and then save it as test2.asset, test2.asset would be a direct copy of test1.asset minus all the changes, so not only would the original test1 have no changes, the newly created test2 would be a carbon-copy of the first. But, if I save test1.asset as its original name test1.asset, the save goes through fine.

Archived