Grim's Unity Asset Editor

grimreefer24601

[QUOTE=Sho'nuff;112071]@Andy Did you remember to convert the Xml back to a txt document before importing back into the UAE?[/QUOTE] Heya, Thanks for the suggestion. I did try it out just in case but as Grim said it didn't make any difference :( Maybe it can't be done just on Server side for Rented Dedicated Servers then?

Right now it seems TFP haven't quite got all the xml stuff loading correctly from the server side. Did you try it on your client? I think it's something TFP are working on as per their poll. The biggest cheats are due to, unfortunately UAE, and the DLL. Honestly, I think UAE gave more people the ability to grief than DLL mod did. I'm sure TFP aren't mad about UAE, but they want to reel in what I've exposed to everyone. It just will take some time. I feel kind of bad for making them work harder on it, but someone would expose it sooner or later, and sooner gives them a chance to fix it before release.

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;112142]Right now it seems TFP haven't quite got all the xml stuff loading correctly from the server side. Did you try it on your client? I think it's something TFP are working on as per their poll. The biggest cheats are due to, unfortunately UAE, and the DLL. Honestly, I think UAE gave more people the ability to grief than DLL mod did. I'm sure TFP aren't mad about UAE, but they want to reel in what I've exposed to everyone. It just will take some time. I feel kind of bad for making them work harder on it, but someone would expose it sooner or later, and sooner gives them a chance to fix it before release.[/QUOTE] Thanks for your time trying to resolve this and work it out Grim :) I've just tried this on Single player (don't know why I never though of it before) and the Game crashes when trying to load into a game. "The game crashed" error box directing you to the crash log file. Is it worth copying the Crash Log in here? It has a list of Module's 1-16 and underneath dictates their File Version and Product Version like so: FileVer: 2.32.45.1 ProdVer: 3.0.0.1 5 of the modules have different File Versions to Product Versions, would this be anything causing the error? Just noticed at the top of the crash log also this: [QUOTE] Unity Player [version: Unity 4.5.0f6_fd4616464986] 7DaysToDie.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module 7DaysToDie.exe at 0033:3f87858d. Error occurred at 2014-08-03_080144. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie.exe, run by Andy. 27% memory in use. 8104 MB physical memory [5841 MB free]. 9102 MB paging file [6642 MB free]. 8388608 MB user address space [8387880 MB free]. Read from location 00000011 caused an access violation.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Andy Red;112193]Thanks for your time trying to resolve this and work it out Grim :) I've just tried this on Single player (don't know why I never though of it before) and the Game crashes when trying to load into a game. "The game crashed" error box directing you to the crash log file. Is it worth copying the Crash Log in here? It has a list of Module's 1-16 and underneath dictates their File Version and Product Version like so: FileVer: 2.32.45.1 ProdVer: 3.0.0.1 5 of the modules have different File Versions to Product Versions, would this be anything causing the error? Just noticed at the top of the crash log also this:[/QUOTE] You mention you downloaded the file from your paid server hosting company. You would likelky have to test using the dedicated server found under tools in Steam. Steam > Library > Tools > 7 Days To Die Dedicated Server Install that, replace the resources.assets from that with the one you downloaded from your hosting company. Then start the dedicated server, then try connecting with your client to localhost.

Since a couple of days ago I am having problem with my UAE. Whenever i want to import a changed models_x file the resources.asset gets corrupted and is a 431MB file after overwriting it. This does not happen if i overwrite it without changes or importing the backup models_x file which is the same as the one already in the resources.asset. The models_x.txt files work because I've been using them for quite some time now. any idea what might cause that? Tried rebooting already..

[QUOTE=Xyloscent;114425]I dont want to go off topic or anything like that but has anyone used this tool to mess with Kerbal Space Program yet? Just thought id ask before I jumped in and started going to town on it.[/QUOTE]I've used it with a game call Cities in Motion 2 and it seems to work fine...Most of our textures and models are locked away in bundle files, so you can't really mod much with the current UAE but still works fine.

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;114435]are you using the beta 3 version? have you changed the program you use for editing it? Maybe try re downloading the beta 3 version if you are using that one.[/QUOTE] I am using this version : UEA_0_3(BETA_2).zip I unzipped it again yet it still does not work. I also tried using UEA 0_2 which does the same thing. Did I actually miss the Beta 3 release? >.<

I would guess the problem is not the editor but possibly the way you are editing the file. First, make sure you have the Plug-in button selected. When you import a model file the editor, it may take a while to re-write the entry into the file. Do Not just go to save because it can be still writing. What I do is right after I have selected the file to import, I click away onto some other model file like model_4 if I'm importing model_5. and I wait until the display shows the model_4 data.... then I go back and click on the model_5 to make sure my new model file looks the way I expect it to. if it does.. then I save it. I did this many time at first until I realized that it was still writing when I tried to save the file.

Thanks Wsiegel, I found the problem. For some reason the harddrive which had the UAE on ran out of space and had problems saving it as a complete file on another harddrive... Yesterday when i checked this as a reason each harddrive had at least 15 + GB free space :grey: This is just too stupid ... -.- Thanks again though for your help =)

I may just be doing something wrong or my upload was corrupted because I wasn't watching it overnight, but when I have edited the resources.asset file my MP server fails to load. Is that normal for the current state of the game? I made changes to the models_5 file and the English.txt file by the way.

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;116539]If you click on the English text file in UAE, can you read it or does it say unknown format? this file can be tricky to edit with the standard text editor because of the way it formats the line breaks.[/QUOTE] I was able to edit it just fine with Notepad++. I uploaded the exact same resources.asset that I use for my single-player game that only added "Santa's Moonshine" back in (albeit with a different name of course). My issue is that my server won't load at all with the modified resources.asset file installed. With the original it loads just fine. For the record: my server is a private server (for now) that I use to build my prefabs companied with a few friends.

[QUOTE=Red Eagle LXIX;116651]HAL9000 is correct. You need to make the change to the resources.assets file for the dedicated server. You can't use the client resources.assets on the dedicated server.[/QUOTE] I wasn't aware. Now if my country-bumpkin internet connection uploaded faster than 90k/second... *sigh*. Thanks, guys. Much appreciated!

[QUOTE=HAL9000;116700]I feel your pain War. I get 30KB/s up on a good day...[/QUOTE] I live in the country-side of Virginia (20 miles close to the West Virginia border, no jokes please... *laugh*). I can literally see the 50mb/sec internet down our main highway on BOTH sides, but for some reason they never completely ran it down to the little group of homes here in the middle (probably county line issue). It's completely annoying, but nothing I can do about it unless I want to fork out $20,000 USD. I'll move before I do that. The best, internet speed-wise, I can do is 5mb down burst wireless off one of the surrounding mountains here with 1mb up. It's not completely bad, but the price is... heh. I pay almost $100.00 bucks a damn month for this sh*t...

Ever since Alpha 9 it is giving me an error when I edit models_5 by which I get this error when I try to start a game... loading and parsing xml (attribute values cannot contain '<' Line 1112, position 61.) I tried a fresh backup of assets and it works... I try editing any value and reuploading and I get this error every time... probably something wrong on my side...

[QUOTE=EnableScope;118740]Ever since Alpha 9 it is giving me an error when I edit models_5 by which I get this error when I try to start a game... loading and parsing xml (attribute values cannot contain '<' Line 1112, position 61.) I tried a fresh backup of assets and it works... I try editing any value and reuploading and I get this error every time... probably something wrong on my side...[/QUOTE] Have you tried with beta 3: [url]http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?13157-Grim-s-UAE-BETA[/url] Also, does it do it if you export and immediately import an unchanged file? I can affirm Beta3 as working running my custom models_5:

Archived