What kind of mad-man creates a drawbridge that's an even number of blocks wide?

Skullberry

Impossible to center on a structure. Any chance of adding an option during creation to make it a block more narrow or wide?

Hahaha actually I was only thinking this exact same thing the other day. But it's been in for so long I don't know why it only just occurred to me.

Perhaps build 2 of them - one either side of the land claim / centre block

The real question is what kind of madman makes the drawbridge 4 blocks wide, and makes the garage door only 3.

IMHO 4 blocks is perfect for the drawbridge, though a 5-block option would be nice for the upcoming vehicles. The garage door needs to be increased to match the drawbridge.

Also, nothing says your central support has to be dead center. Or, you can just use four pole blocks placed together to look like on single center block. Bonus, it provides even more support than your single block pillar did.

I hear ya OP - the only valid structure, anywhere, in anything, here, in game, in other dimensions or universes is odd-blocked. How this isn't universally accepted I'll never understand. My OCD just simply would EXPLODE at an even blocked base ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, nothing says your central support has to be dead center.

That's crazy talk, crazy talk I tells ya!!! ;-)

I hear ya OP - the only valid structure, anywhere, in anything, here, in game, in other dimensions or universes is odd-blocked. How this isn't universally accepted I'll never understand. My OCD just simply would EXPLODE at an even blocked base ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

That's crazy talk, crazy talk I tells ya!!! ;-)

Indeed, just adapt to the world, ya my OCD does explodes on the bridge but it gives oportunities and sort of creative thinking. Nothing should be easy, come on.

The real question is what kind of madman makes the drawbridge 4 blocks wide, and makes the garage door only 3.

IMHO 4 blocks is perfect for the drawbridge, though a 5-block option would be nice for the upcoming vehicles. The garage door needs to be increased to match the drawbridge.

Also, nothing says your central support has to be dead center. Or, you can just use four pole blocks placed together to look like on single center block. Bonus, it provides even more support than your single block pillar did.

But what are the four supports centered aroud? Your way of thinking leads down dark paths.

Alea_5.png.65b94977bcd32bea8dc785960457614b.png

The drawbridge is supposed to be the right size for a car to cross. This should actually be relevant in Alpha 17, where we’ll have drivable cars. The garage door/drawbridge mismatch, though... that’s a real mystery.

This is another reason for them to add an option to narrow or widen a drawbridge when one is created. To accommodate for O.C.D as well as different size vehicles. Same thing for the 3 block garage door as someone else mentioned.

I think the garage was when they were first exploring multi dim blocks (beyond regular doors) so they were hesitant about making large objects that would be entirely destroyed when damaged, which takes away a bit from a Voxel game...

They're wise to be cautious. It would be nice if hacking at one point on the door made a hole instead of making the whole thing disintegrate. Incidentally, this is also one reason why railroads are a terrible idea. :becky:

You grin but I don't disagree.

...I've been playing with ways to make what you describe happen, but it would more or less have to work like zombie dismemberment... Different hit boxes, so that when one is hit, custom code fires and only that piece disappears...

So say with my drawbridge, which is 5x4 I think... That's 20 variants. Blah.

But it's not worth the trouble.

Like, at all. =)

But what are the four supports centered aroud? Your way of thinking leads down dark paths.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24154[/ATTACH]

Please remove this picture, it isn't aligned properly. It affects me personally.

Untitled.jpg.c4e7d815a4bdce546713ea2df0bf5b40.jpg

Edit: I have fixed the image to comply with our... exact.. building standards.

22222.jpg.43a404f7010a88e4825320fba95714a6.jpg

11111.jpg.6ffb8dc1c6be8a2fd22d5f437faaf9d5.jpg

The Garage Door mortifies me.

And build a base without a center block for support and claim block?

You are insane.

Make the center pillar 2x2.

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24154[/ATTACH]

Centered around a point.

Please remove this picture, it isn't aligned properly. It affects me personally.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24165[/ATTACH]

Edit: I have fixed the image to comply with our... exact.. building standards.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24166[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24167[/ATTACH]

The Garage Door mortifies me.

For some reason your post makes me think of Yahtzee...

Archived