DLC in Alpha?

Maje

Madmole: Stuff

People: What about this?

Roland: You should have inferred the answer. If it wasn't explicitly said, then it's not happening!

Um, that's not how conversations work. :)

/here to help

I agree that conversations don't work when people start inferring unspoken ideas and assuming guilt of things they are worried about. If conversations stick to what is actually said then they work much better.

But in any case. You all have your clarification now.

No DLCs during alpha.

You're welcome.

/actually helping

I agree that conversations don't work when people start inferring unspoken ideas and assuming guilt of things they are worried about. If conversations stick to what is actually said then they work much better.

But that literally is what a conversation is. Asking questions, making inferences, clarifying, etc.

It'll be alright. I hear the koolaid leaves the system in 60 days.

(Still love ya)

how will 'paid for' dlc even work in a game like this that can be completely pulled apart and modded?

DLC is a horrible concept and always looks like a money grab in every game ive seen it used in.

:) wait a minute... i think i read this wrong.... :)

youre telling us that there isnt one or more greedy modder(s) out there that will not jump at the chance of charging for his/her work?

nah... i dont buy that for one minute... money is the root to ALL evil and society knows that gaming is the cause to evil now-a-days. so to me 1+1=$1 = free enterprise = full aquarium to fish from.

btw, i know what you are saying but i am saying it will happen, the good thing about it is... i never paid for one damn dlc... its free or i dont touch it. :)

how will 'paid for' dlc even work in a game like this that can be completely pulled apart and modded?

DLC is a horrible concept and always looks like a money grab in every game ive seen it used in.

Meh, I'm okay with a little money grabbing, as long as the content is worth it.

:) wait a minute... i think i read this wrong.... :)

youre telling us that there isnt one or more greedy modder(s) out there that will not jump at the chance of charging for his/her work?

nah... i dont buy that for one minute... money is the root to ALL evil and society knows that gaming is the cause to evil now-a-days. so to me 1+1=$1 = free enterprise = full aquarium to fish from.

Technically, it's the love of money that is the root of all kinds of evil. Just sayin'. :p

i can see now i gonna have to jump up and bite you in the ankle :)

i am seriously hoping someone breaks out a HD texture pack for 7dtd like skyrim. thats the only dlc i ever grab.

I was looking at the feasibility of that while changing textures in my mod; I think it's doable. Create a new atlas, point to it, done.

Importing a new atlas is on my to do list after my medieval mod, so a high res pack as my next plan.

Oh yeah, Madmole did NOT say in his video, "Very soon we plan to can Gazz" so I think Gazz should start worrying...

Hmmm, did he not say that Aldranon was the most amazing man to walk the earth except for two men? Jesus and Moses? But that would make me number three. Because did didn't say I was number three. If only I was number two.

What was the question?

Hmmm, did he not say that Aldranon was the most amazing man to walk the earth except for two men? Jesus and Moses? But that would make me number three. Because did didn't say I was number three. If only I was number two.

What was the question?

He didn’t say any of that so go ahead and pick your number and enjoy your Ascension.

<shrug>. Aren’t there unmoddable aspects right now that prevent modders from doing things they’d like to do? My first thought is a new map with several new biomes. I haven’t seen any biome mods...

<shrug>. Aren’t there unmoddable aspects right now that prevent modders from doing things they’d like to do? My first thought is a new map with several new biomes. I haven’t seen any biome mods...

Doable.

- - - Updated - - -

That is one aspect of going gold that I look forward to... modding to a more stable platform. I do personal stuff now but I can see myself making mods others might want to try if I wasn't aiming at a moving target.

Great and apt way to describe it.

There is no plan to sell expansions foris and preliminary measures have been taken in that regard. If anyone is dense enough to think that developers wait to start gearing up for their next product until after they've finished the current one please consider this your free education. Nobody does that. So please stop with the "they shouldn't talk about their next game until this one is finished" ridiculousness.

This came across as exceptionally harsh and you should consider re-wording it. However, in light of this particular sentence, let me give you some free education.

TFP is an indie studio working on one product right now. As per the dates given in their kickstarter, they are currently several YEARS behind schedule for both beta and final releases. They are implimenting things that were in the stretch goals as "post release" features.

As such, they should absolutely be focusing only on the one game. Future products shouldn't even be considered at this juncture. This is why people are getting annoyed, and probably also why they got annoyed over the prospect of DLC (for the record, I figured Joel was talking about new maps in regards to DLC, and I thought that was a fantastic idea).

You may want to consider that viewpoint and those facts (regarding the release date) as to why people are getting a little irritated when other products and DLC are mentioned.

If its new pre-made maps like navezgane, i'd not bother me much as I always play random gen anyway and have no use for premade maps. Not a big fan of survival games that insist on static maps, once you learn it, the fun exploration aspect goes away. Its why I won't use Navezgane, no fun for me if I know where everything is.

Archived