Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 8/26/2023 at 4:46 PM, Man with a hat said:

Just a note for anyone updating from B19.

The save loads just fine but the character resets all skills and back to lvl 1. So a new game is recommended.

My skills and levels didn't reset.

Anyway, thanks a lot for those updates, Khaine!

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

They don't do a full reset. That's vanilla behaviour. I'm debating if I want to change that.

ah, I never noticed in vanilla, but I didn't play it for all that long before I gave up on it either.

I don't think I'm being quite objective right now since I'm trying to find workstation tools without spawning them in, so it was pretty disappointing to see no change in their inventory. But in A20 and earlier reset day was also something to look forward to, which was nice (OTOH, traders have far too much impact in vanilla A21, I think).

3 minutes ago, Similar said:

ah, I never noticed in vanilla, but I didn't play it for all that long before I gave up on it either.

I don't think I'm being quite objective right now since I'm trying to find workstation tools without spawning them in, so it was pretty disappointing to see no change in their inventory. But in A20 and earlier reset day was also something to look forward to, which was nice (OTOH, traders have far too much impact in vanilla A21, I think).

Feel free to just spawn them. The loot drop rate is not as we were hoping in B20. It seems better in B21.

@KhaineGB 

5.0.0 B19

- Scientist Quest 3 says to gather 4 cloth to make 2 Bandages, Q4 says to gather 4 cloth [to make FA Bandages].  Consider removing the Q4 4 cloth requirement since the player just did that, and FA Bandages requires Bandages

5.0.0 B20

- [Playing as Scavenger with a point in weave-cloth-from-grass perk, might be relevant] In the crafting menu there are 2 recipes for Cloth that both use 2 Cotton

- Mobility mods are able to go into Padded Armor (these have no penalty, so net result is a mobility boost.  Might be canon?)

- Forging Ahead book wasn't shown as already read when I'd put 1 point in it and read 2 books (reading a 3rd book made a 4th book show as already read)

- Razor's Dig quest (given 3 times in a row) resulted in 3 dig sites all within 50m of Razor's base.  Might be a feature?

- Razor was willing to give "Thin the herd" quest several times, they all share requirements (i.e. killing 20 Zs was rewarded however many times I accepted the quest).

That aside, I noticed Razor has fixed the weakness in his base (blocks behind the electronics-blocks near his gas pumps used to be made of wood, now they're 30k blocks).  Good stuff.

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Feel free to just spawn them. The loot drop rate is not as we were hoping in B20. It seems better in B21.

I just found calipers and tool & die set at Joel's, so now I have some hope I may be able to find a welding torch somewhere too.

New to this thread but wanted to say thank you Khaine for the hard work you have put into this Mod. A couple of my friends and I have been playing it day in and day out. Which brought me to this thread that maybe something I may not have set right. But, It seems anytime one of my buddies die. They have to leave my game (I host the server) and rejoin. Are you aware of this or is this something I can fix.

20 hours ago, Brevan said:

@KhaineGB 

5.0.0 B19

- Scientist Quest 3 says to gather 4 cloth to make 2 Bandages, Q4 says to gather 4 cloth [to make FA Bandages].  Consider removing the Q4 4 cloth requirement since the player just did that, and FA Bandages requires Bandages

5.0.0 B20

- [Playing as Scavenger with a point in weave-cloth-from-grass perk, might be relevant] In the crafting menu there are 2 recipes for Cloth that both use 2 Cotton

- Mobility mods are able to go into Padded Armor (these have no penalty, so net result is a mobility boost.  Might be canon?)

- Forging Ahead book wasn't shown as already read when I'd put 1 point in it and read 2 books (reading a 3rd book made a 4th book show as already read)

- Razor's Dig quest (given 3 times in a row) resulted in 3 dig sites all within 50m of Razor's base.  Might be a feature?

- Razor was willing to give "Thin the herd" quest several times, they all share requirements (i.e. killing 20 Zs was rewarded however many times I accepted the quest).

That aside, I noticed Razor has fixed the weakness in his base (blocks behind the electronics-blocks near his gas pumps used to be made of wood, now they're 30k blocks).  Good stuff.

Regarding razor... from B19 notes.

- Fixed Razor's first quest not working in MP, however the quest may send you right outside the compound because Razor is apparently @%$#ing lazy.

1 hour ago, XtheHellfirex said:

New to this thread but wanted to say thank you Khaine for the hard work you have put into this Mod. A couple of my friends and I have been playing it day in and day out. Which brought me to this thread that maybe something I may not have set right. But, It seems anytime one of my buddies die. They have to leave my game (I host the server) and rejoin. Are you aware of this or is this something I can fix.

That was fixed in B20. Update the mod.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

18 hours ago, Similar said:

I just found calipers and tool & die set at Joel's, so now I have some hope I may be able to find a welding torch somewhere too.

ah, and a welding torch from Bob. This is with both Barter and Charismatic Nature maxed, though. And 8 traders found.

Still don't know if they drop from crates at all in B20; this is a RWG map with only A21 vanilla POIs (plus the DF quest POIs) and there's remarkably few Working Stiffs stores on the map. I think I've only found 5 crates so far (13 two-hour days). I probably should have left DF's pre-A21 POIs in...

@KhaineGB  not sure if this has been brought up but the barbed wire mod if placed on a club changes the actual look of the club to make it look as though you are holding a cloth. The club still works as normal though.

Not complaining in anyway though because DF is the best there is, I struggle to play vanilla now 

3 hours ago, drmugwump95 said:

@KhaineGB  not sure if this has been brought up but the barbed wire mod if placed on a club changes the actual look of the club to make it look as though you are holding a cloth. The club still works as normal though.

Not complaining in anyway though because DF is the best there is, I struggle to play vanilla now 

Pretty sure that's already fixed.

1 hour ago, Similar said:

In B20 hazmat pants scrap to military fiber (I haven't found other hazmat suit parts so far, so don't know if it's a general thing).

Will check this but also think this is fixed.

1 hour ago, XtheHellfirex said:

I uninstalled the mod and did a full update for 7D2D and redownloaded the mod. Is there a new update since Thursday?

No. I'd make sure you are DEFINITELY installing B20, but I 100% know that respawn bug is fixed because 3 of my testers spent 2 days on it, and then had it confirmed by the community.

However, as per the notes, you LIKELY need a new save.

26 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

No. I'd make sure you are DEFINITELY installing B20, but I 100% know that respawn bug is fixed because 3 of my testers spent 2 days on it, and then had it confirmed by the community.

However, as per the notes, you LIKELY need a new save.

I appreciate all of your help it seems we have B19 will be updating this tonight. Thank you for all of your help Khaine. I love what you have done with this MOD. 

B20, there is a critical bug about Game Stage I think.

At first,I played  Insane difficulty. Day 7 bloodmoon, I'm Lv20, the demolisher came,  I thought maybe you increase the difficult in Insane,so I dicide to play Warrior difficulty.

Until Day6 , I feel it becomes harder than I expected, so I checked game stage,here you are:

image.thumb.png.6c78a437fefe87f31877f1541f58e93d.png

so something is wrong , it's 20+6 *6 =132, I thought it should be 20+6 *2 =52. By the way, I was died in this Tier II infested misson,after I died, I checked the game stage, it shows 52, which I think it is correct.

And there is a minor bug about crouch, try this: crouch into a 1meter high hole, stand up before you go out the hole, then go out, your move speed still like crouch. this didnt happen in B19.

Thank you khaineGB, for the fantastic MOD !

4 hours ago, chiefoforc said:

And there is a minor bug about crouch, try this: crouch into a 1meter high hole, stand up before you go out the hole, then go out, your move speed still like crouch. this didnt happen in B19.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one getting this bug. Also happens if you jump through a 1 meter hole (crouch while in air), after that you are extremely slowed down and unable to sprint.

is there going to be faster vehicles in this version?, i have used multiple and they are vanilla versions, I do like the switch from flaming for radiation and embers for demon to glowing green and orange, but did have an issue with accepting eve's first mission it does glitch but still works, and the reward bunker does mass produce alot of errors, but still functions, all in all it is a blast to play this mod and ill be on it for many more hours

B20, I can hardly find any chothes or armors , it was a easy way to get some dye to make inks. Is that on purpose?

B20, honey can cure infected, but not EVERY time it shows correctly . once I got infected, I eat a honey, it didnt work, then I eat another one ,still nothing. I thought maybe honey has a "cure chance",so I keep going. Later the infection suddenly disappears, I guess it worked but not show correctly. this happened only once.

On 8/22/2023 at 12:12 AM, KhaineGB said:

I'm not messing with the food/drink stuff.

I changed it to "give instant food/water" because people kept complaining it "doesnt give the full amount" when that's literally how it works in vanilla. It starts ticking the "process food/water" before the buff even hits your screen.

Then people complained they can't over-eat/over-drink anymore.

I'm not messing with it more than that.

Cop vomit was not invisible for me, at all. I've even got a stream of it.

B20,my water is 70, I drink 5 bowl of water in a row , should be 70+5*5=95 or 94, it turns out only 90,maybe the game didint do a simple math in a short time :)

Same on use sevaral bandages in a short time.

cant wait playing B21 or B22 :)

9 hours ago, WIKKIDJOKER said:

is there going to be faster vehicles in this version?, i have used multiple and they are vanilla versions,

I only have the vanilla motorcycle so far, but I found a supercharger mod and put it in and it does make it much faster (in A20 I pretty much always installed the supercharger mod right away on everything, so I don't really know what the default speeds of the other, non-vanilla, vehicles are).

9 hours ago, WIKKIDJOKER said:

all in all it is a blast to play this mod and ill be on it for many more hours

yeah, it's so nice. If it wasn't for DF, I doubt I'd be playing A21 at all (I might have tried one of the other overhauls, but I do much prefer DF).

I know it's a ton of work for Khaine and his people, and it's very much appreciated.

I did try the super charger mod on the buggy and charger, but it kept the same speed, even after a reset and removing and replacing it kept vanilla speed, havent had an issue with clothing just made titanium loot stages, as far as water or food, i base that on how active you are, have left the world on for my wife to play her character for hours and my character needs little maintenance, but if your more active you restore less and need more

On 8/29/2023 at 3:32 PM, chiefoforc said:

B20, there is a critical bug about Game Stage I think.

At first,I played  Insane difficulty. Day 7 bloodmoon, I'm Lv20, the demolisher came,  I thought maybe you increase the difficult in Insane,so I dicide to play Warrior difficulty.

Until Day6 , I feel it becomes harder than I expected, so I checked game stage,here you are:

image.thumb.png.6c78a437fefe87f31877f1541f58e93d.png

so something is wrong , it's 20+6 *6 =132, I thought it should be 20+6 *2 =52. By the way, I was died in this Tier II infested misson,after I died, I checked the game stage, it shows 52, which I think it is correct.

Thank you khaineGB, for the fantastic MOD !

Gamestage doesn't always display correctly. I noticed it in A20 as well this week (can't explain why, but there's a reason I was playing A20).

16 hours ago, chiefoforc said:

B20, I can hardly find any chothes or armors , it was a easy way to get some dye to make inks. Is that on purpose?

B20, honey can cure infected, but not EVERY time it shows correctly . once I got infected, I eat a honey, it didnt work, then I eat another one ,still nothing. I thought maybe honey has a "cure chance",so I keep going. Later the infection suddenly disappears, I guess it worked but not show correctly. this happened only once.

B20,my water is 70, I drink 5 bowl of water in a row , should be 70+5*5=95 or 94, it turns out only 90,maybe the game didint do a simple math in a short time :)

Same on use sevaral bandages in a short time.

cant wait playing B21 or B22 :)

Honey is a CHANCE to cure infection. 70% You had bad rolls.

I already explained how the water works. IT TICKS DOWN AS SOON AS YOU LEFT CLICK!. Not when the animation ends. As soon as you click. It adds to the "processing" buff and starts ticking down to regenerate your water.

Which means every single time you drink, it's STILL ticking down and therefore doesn't display correctly, because your character already processed it.

I have sleepers respawning inside my LCB (placed on day two) and close to my bed. Third time this location is respawned. I am in this base every day and it happens frequently, not only here but on at least two more places in the building. Could be vanilla or POI issue but no use bug reporting it since I play modded. Just thought I would share just in case it is A DF issue.

Spoiler

LCB_Spawn.thumb.jpg.b42d29cecd4dbcfeabd3ce426537df17.jpgLCB_Spawn.thumb.jpg.1220a2def07bc7664a980d65e3f4ccb2.jpg

On 8/28/2023 at 2:44 PM, Similar said:

ah, and a welding torch from Bob. This is with both Barter and Charismatic Nature maxed, though. And 8 traders found.

Still don't know if they drop from crates at all in B20; this is a RWG map with only A21 vanilla POIs (plus the DF quest POIs) and there's remarkably few Working Stiffs stores on the map. I think I've only found 5 crates so far (13 two-hour days). I probably should have left DF's pre-A21 POIs in...

So the torch and calipers only can be found at Bob and Joel's?

11 minutes ago, Woodbutcher824 said:

So the torch and calipers only can be found at Bob and Joel's?

I'm not sure if they're limited to specific traders. I feel like I've seen calipers at other traders, at least.

I actually found calipers in a Working Stiff crate too, but it seems like a rather rare thing. I'd guess most of the other tools can be found in those crates too, if you're lucky.