Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

24 minutes ago, Setari said:

Is there a way to reduce food poisoning? 20% is a bit high IMO, my friend and I are struggling to get food without food poisoning lol.

Eat fruit. Lots of it.

Hmm, I found a little @Kage848 Easter Egg in a random yellow bag drop. Gives 15 skill notes, sweet! 

Fun thought: it would be pretty sweet to have some ultra-rare base decoration items you could find either in loot or as special quest rewards. 

How about mob heads? :D

grab_20210419-212721.png

30 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Then cook stuff. That's literally the point otherwise you'd be drowing in food.

We've never been drowning in food in any 7dtd game we've ever played over the years lol. Is there no way to change this setting at the moment or otherwise?

1 minute ago, Setari said:

We've never been drowning in food in any 7dtd game we've ever played over the years lol. Is there no way to change this setting at the moment or otherwise?

Seriously, eat lots of fruit. It'll keep you going until you learn to cook food properly.

1 hour ago, SrslyGTFO said:

Seriously, eat lots of fruit. It'll keep you going until you learn to cook food properly.

I wasn't aware you could even get fruit. I know I picked up some apples tonight while we were playing but I don't know where I got them from, where do you get it in the game?

7 minutes ago, Setari said:

I wasn't aware you could even get fruit. I know I picked up some apples tonight while we were playing but I don't know where I got them from, where do you get it in the game?

There are some new trees in the game (forest and desert biomes). Oranges, Apples, Coconuts and Bananas. One hit with an axe will "harvest" the tree. Don't chop it down, let it regrow. You can sometimes get a seed (later you can make seeds) that you can plant anywhere. You can eat fruit without worry. It won't give a lot, but you'll survive in a pinch. 

3 minutes ago, SrslyGTFO said:

There are some new trees in the game (forest and desert biomes). Oranges, Apples, Coconuts and Bananas. One hit with an axe will "harvest" the tree. Don't chop it down, let it regrow. You can sometimes get a seed (later you can make seeds) that you can plant anywhere. You can eat fruit without worry. It won't give a lot, but you'll survive in a pinch. 

Oh cool I'll have to have a look in-game to see if there were some visuals I missed or something. Thank you! We'll do this soon.

6 hours ago, Setari said:

Is there a way to reduce food poisoning? 20% is a bit high IMO, my friend and I are struggling to get food without food poisoning lol.

Gather and cook apples. Apples on a stick give 5 food per apple. The best way not to die of starvation.

Edited by Gr.o.m. (see edit history)

My prefered early food was Apple on the stick. I marked the apple trees close around my base, so i can visit them daily and all other apple tree's i encounter on my travels i harvest and choped down to get a seed maybe to plant it near my base.

Tree's don't need water like the other farming stuff.

Or backed yucca fruits, depend where i started, choping down cactus give you fruits too if you didn't know.

You should made claw bowl too, while you are running around. With the bowl's you can cook the canned food into something with less food poisoning or use it to get sap ahorn trees. (but i think herbal bandages to buy from the captain is better then to made them self).

On 4/20/2021 at 3:37 AM, SrslyGTFO said:

Eat fruit. Lots of it.

Hmm, I found a little @Kage848 Easter Egg in a random yellow bag drop. Gives 15 skill notes, sweet! 

Fun thought: it would be pretty sweet to have some ultra-rare base decoration items you could find either in loot or as special quest rewards. 

How about mob heads? :D

grab_20210419-212721.png

I tried doing that with mob heads but I can't find a way to easily enable/disable parts of the model and then put it on a stick.

On 4/20/2021 at 3:59 AM, Setari said:

I always see people complaining that food isn't a problem once you get a good farm going, and i've also seen folks say early game food isn't hard since you can just buy cans from the trader and pop vitamins (which aren't hard to find)

5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I tried doing that with mob heads but I can't find a way to easily enable/disable parts of the model and then put it on a stick.

I appreciate the effort anyway. Looking forward to any updates you have in the future. 

I just upgraded from 19.3 to 19.4.  I completely uninstalled 7 Days to Die and deleted all files and folders that were in the folder, then reinstalled the game to ensure a fresh and clean install.  I use the Mod Launcher to play various mods so for obvious reasons I prefer playing Darkness Falls from the Mod Launcher and it worked perfectly fine for my playthrough in 19.3.  But now, when I am loading the game, during the loading sequence when it says "Initializing World" a pop-up window for Unity Player, and the game crashes to desktop.  Anyone have a fix for this or know why it is happening?

Is there any way to reset the underground bunkers? We're very new to the end game content and have only discovered one of these bunkers inside the well setups and that's all we've found. We immediately cleared it but it doesn't seem to reset on its own. Are there quests for it somewhere that will reset it. Or is it basically just done and we need to focus on finding another one? Please advise. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, GenWar said:

Is there any way to reset the underground bunkers? We're very new to the end game content and have only discovered one of these bunkers inside the well setups and that's all we've found. We immediately cleared it but it doesn't seem to reset on its own. Are there quests for it somewhere that will reset it. Or is it basically just done and we need to focus on finding another one? Please advise. Thanks.

If memory serves, the small bunker won't reset, but you can find more than one. The final bunker can be a Tier V quest so it can reset, and there can be more than one of those as well.

Just downloaded the mod.  I uninstalled my game and dedicated server and installed fresh copies.  I started up the server just to make sure it was working properly. I made a copy of the dedicated server folder and copied the server mod files in there. When I launch the server I get an error

ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.  Key: 658, 62, 858

Any ideas what this is?

thanks

13 hours ago, GenWar said:

Eve has a quest. It's a 1 time deal because I don't want people constantly resetting them.

5 hours ago, noto1025 said:

Just downloaded the mod.  I uninstalled my game and dedicated server and installed fresh copies.  I started up the server just to make sure it was working properly. I made a copy of the dedicated server folder and copied the server mod files in there. When I launch the server I get an error

ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.  Key: 658, 62, 858

Any ideas what this is?

thanks

High chance the server has a mod on it that's conflicting.

3 hours ago, DaddyZaddyJake said:

Hi, Im sorry im new to PC and mods in general how do i install this mod? I cant figure it out

There's basic installation instructions for manual install on the first page. Also, Khaine made this handy video a few months back:

You can also use the Mod Launcher, but it's pretty buggy. Manual install is the way to go, IMHO.

Just started a new game using the pregen small map1 and am in a decent size town on day 6 but there are zero cars in the entire town. Did something go wrong when the map loaded or does that sound right? Last game was on Vsmall1 and there were cars everywhere.

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

That sounds like you got unlucky with car spawns. Having said that, i've noticed that with my medium map too so maybe I need to look into that.

OK, thanks. Makes for a unique challenge. Guess I won’t end up with a chest full of engines and batteries this time.

You can use the quest system to reset POI and harvest car's at this way. You should write down when you encounter car on which POI name and primary accept these quests.

When you got the appartment house, the garage sublevel is full of cars too.

Hello all,

I continue to have a wonderful time with this mod. In fact, I am on my seventh playthrough and have supported via Patreon. I have experimented with various difficulty settings, map sizes, starting classes, and builds. For those looking for a challenge, starting on Survivalist with higher zombie and animal counts have been a game changer. On lower settings I would advance via questing but, on Survivalist, zombie spawns in quest and most other POI's are simply too difficult or too numerous to handle. I am already seeing demon and behemoth spawns on random screamer hordes on Day 12 in the forest and desert biomes. This has forced me to retreat, focus on resource accumulation, leveling up on simple POIs and wandering mobs, and getting a simple base set up with the usual, incremental crafting stations. As you would expect, the first horde was quite a challenge and I just had enough concrete and 9mm to see through the night. If you have played through the mod before, I highly encourage you giving this a shot. I am not sure about the viability of an Insane run yet, but will have to see!

Wonderful work Khaine, and I cannot wait to see what you have in store for A20 and beyond.

Thomill