Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

7 hours ago, Sneakypeek said:

OK, thanks. Makes for a unique challenge. Guess I won’t end up with a chest full of engines and batteries this time.

You do if you're a bloody mechanic... :D

1 hour ago, Canute said:

You can use the quest system to reset POI and harvest car's at this way. You should write down when you encounter car on which POI name and primary accept these quests.

When you got the appartment house, the garage sublevel is full of cars too.

I've been doing this tbh.

29 minutes ago, Thomill said:

Hello all,

I continue to have a wonderful time with this mod. In fact, I am on my seventh playthrough and have supported via Patreon. I have experimented with various difficulty settings, map sizes, starting classes, and builds. For those looking for a challenge, starting on Survivalist with higher zombie and animal counts have been a game changer. On lower settings I would advance via questing but, on Survivalist, zombie spawns in quest and most other POI's are simply too difficult or too numerous to handle. I am already seeing demon and behemoth spawns on random screamer hordes on Day 12 in the forest and desert biomes. This has forced me to retreat, focus on resource accumulation, leveling up on simple POIs and wandering mobs, and getting a simple base set up with the usual, incremental crafting stations. As you would expect, the first horde was quite a challenge and I just had enough concrete and 9mm to see through the night. If you have played through the mod before, I highly encourage you giving this a shot. I am not sure about the viability of an Insane run yet, but will have to see!

Wonderful work Khaine, and I cannot wait to see what you have in store for A20 and beyond.

Thomill

Current plan is for the first 2 difficulties (I think that's scavenger and adventurer) to give the player a small amount of damage reduction to help them ease into the mod. Nomad+ will still have increased gamestage, food and water usage. Warrior+ will have the player do less damage to zombies UNLESS you get a headshot.

Gamestages will also ramp up slower for A20. :) We've been testing these changes out on 19.4 and they feel quite good.

I have just come from playing several games at UL and find this one to be more challenging. I´m in my first steps discovering and learning, and finding huge Devils, or flying (dark  with missile launchers at level 2 already seems like something excessive), but it is something that I can handle if I stealth. What "squeaks" me a lot is seeing vehicles that seem out of proportion or with low quality textures, it is the little that I miss (apart from the Raven MD500).
In any case, a great job that I enjoy every day!

Edited by GoldsharkROU (see edit history)

Hello. I have an issue installing Darkness Falls mod on dedicated server. My friends and I try to install it on our dedicated server but it appears a lot of exceptions and we cannot connect to the server (Connection Timeout) even though the server is shown in the server selection just fine. Do you have any suggestion? Or is it related to that our server is Linux, not Window?

Moreover, I'm trying to find your discord in case I have some more questions, but the discord link in the website is not working (Discord) could you please share new invite link?

Thank you

Edited by JINK (see edit history)

13 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Discord link is on the first page here.

And I'd need the server log. ALWAYS test in single player first to make sure the mod works before even trying to connect to a server.

well khaine you successfully killed spartan and hsi entire crew in their last horde night altho they did cheese by hiding o nroofs so that is unacceptable when is the flying mechanical  zombie dragon coming :)

23 hours ago, kanealpha said:

Did you invent the scifi blocks in DF yourself or do they come from another mod? currently using them in creative (i know not as intended) and would love to see more options (windows, hatches)

I got the textures off the unity store and then used TormentedEmu's texture atlas mod to load it into the game after it was packed appropriately.

Hey guys, love the mod, i only have one gripe. Thats the forges. I definitely like the old version with smelting items in the forge and big forge etc. Is there a way i could mod it back in and still keep the other features available in this mod?

14 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I got the textures off the unity store and then used TormentedEmu's texture atlas mod to load it into the game after it was packed appropriately.

@KhaineGB If you've ever played the games System Shock, Bioshock, or any of their many sequels, would :love_heart: to see more sci-fi assets along similar lines. Not replicas ofc (for IP reasons), but "fair use/dealing" inspired satire.

Very impressed after recently watching your collaboration with Genosis from Not-A-Gamer Gaming. Please consider doing more collabs, if and when you have time.

Just curious, but how difficult would it be to give suppressors to all NPC mercs defending trader outposts (or allow purchase of earplugs to muffle their constant gunfire)? Would be a fantastic QoL addition.

Edited by Cernwn (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Ubercatz said:

Hey guys, love the mod, i only have one gripe. Thats the forges. I definitely like the old version with smelting items in the forge and big forge etc. Is there a way i could mod it back in and still keep the other features available in this mod?

Nope. And that was changed for a reason. I was sick of people filling the 3 slot forges, letting stuff smelt and then breaking their bases.

15 hours ago, CookiehCake said:

Hi I tried using your Blue Fang affiliate link, but whenever I select darkness falls it says no servers matched your selections.

That's odd. I'll have to have a word with them.

12 hours ago, Cernwn said:

@KhaineGB If you've ever played the games System Shock, Bioshock, or any of their many sequels, would :love_heart: to see more sci-fi assets along similar lines. Not replicas ofc (for IP reasons), but "fair use/dealing" inspired satire.

Very impressed after recently watching your collaboration with Genosis from Not-A-Gamer Gaming. Please consider doing more collabs, if and when you have time.

Just curious, but how difficult would it be to give suppressors to all NPC mercs defending trader outposts (or allow purchase of earplugs to muffle their constant gunfire)? Would be a fantastic QoL addition.

I actually haven't played any of those. I need to do that.

Glad you enjoyed the video. :) Always happy to work with other folks, time permitting.

They're being removed from the traders in the next major version (so A20 if 19.5 happens like the rumour says).

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

That's odd. I'll have to have a word with them

yeah it would work with other mod selections, but not every server location or payment length would work for everything. I couldn't find a selection setup that worked with darkness falls at all. I did find a different hosting service that setup darkness falls called logic servers though, and setup with them. if you figure out the issue with blue though I will def migrate over! having a blast so far.

6 hours ago, jlmerry11 said:

I need help me and my friend atartwd play this mod and everything was going great untill first horde now the game.conatantly freezes and becomes unplayable and we domt know why

My guess is either settings too high or not enough RAM.

5 hours ago, CookiehCake said:

yeah it would work with other mod selections, but not every server location or payment length would work for everything. I couldn't find a selection setup that worked with darkness falls at all. I did find a different hosting service that setup darkness falls called logic servers though, and setup with them. if you figure out the issue with blue though I will def migrate over! having a blast so far.

Logic are pretty good. They gave me a server so I can test things.

On 28/4/2021 at 8:30, KhaineGB said:

Solo agregué los muscle cars.

Entonces, si tiene problemas de textura en vehículos vanilla, es posible que desee ver la configuración de su video.

Thanks for answering !, I will see that config yes, but it does not happen with vanilla vehicles, it is that it only happens with the vehicles that the mod modified, and only in this mod. Also, when disassembling them, layer 1 is the modified one and layer 2 already looks like one of the vanilla .. is this okay?

Is it normal that 7d2d eats up RAM like its nothing? or is it related to DF? i am playing DF solo/creative on the XL1 MAP (but in only explored i location or rather TPd there via POI teleport) i have Graphics to high but all SSAO, reflections, shadows to low or deactivated.  Aside from DF i only use Dungeon Blocks and Admin blocks for indestructible buildings and a few deco mods (mostly Guppy). and i only Converted 1 1/2 building with the dungeon Blocks.

But  the game needs between 22 and 27 GB RAM.

Also i have an issue with the Land claim block and the environment.

1: i set the amount of useable landclaim blocks to five. Have used 2 so far. But when i came back to the second building all Zs had respawned

2: Sometimes there is an error with the buildings. some parts are offset by 1 block (not physically, just visually, i can walk through those displaced blocks) or there is some quadratic , black shape appearing on the map. its about 1/2 block high and dozens of blocks in diameter. everything inside that rectangle seem to be that 1/2 block lower than whats outside when interacted with (digging, block placing on the line) it disappears or moves and the environment returns to the same height. no idea what caused it. If its a 2d or DF error

6 hours ago, GoldsharkROU said:

Thanks for answering !, I will see that config yes, but it does not happen with vanilla vehicles, it is that it only happens with the vehicles that the mod modified, and only in this mod. Also, when disassembling them, layer 1 is the modified one and layer 2 already looks like one of the vanilla .. is this okay?

My guess is you're probably still running out of texture RAM. They're fine on my machine (2070 Super). And yes, those layers are likely fine for disassembly.

5 hours ago, kanealpha said:

Is it normal that 7d2d eats up RAM like its nothing? or is it related to DF? i am playing DF solo/creative on the XL1 MAP (but in only explored i location or rather TPd there via POI teleport) i have Graphics to high but all SSAO, reflections, shadows to low or deactivated.  Aside from DF i only use Dungeon Blocks and Admin blocks for indestructible buildings and a few deco mods (mostly Guppy). and i only Converted 1 1/2 building with the dungeon Blocks.

But  the game needs between 22 and 27 GB RAM.

Also i have an issue with the Land claim block and the environment.

1: i set the amount of useable landclaim blocks to five. Have used 2 so far. But when i came back to the second building all Zs had respawned

2: Sometimes there is an error with the buildings. some parts are offset by 1 block (not physically, just visually, i can walk through those displaced blocks) or there is some quadratic , black shape appearing on the map. its about 1/2 block high and dozens of blocks in diameter. everything inside that rectangle seem to be that 1/2 block lower than whats outside when interacted with (digging, block placing on the line) it disappears or moves and the environment returns to the same height. no idea what caused it. If its a 2d or DF error

I mean, you're running a 16k map. They eat a LOT of RAM. So yes, that's normal. Use a smaller map.

1) Only the first land claim blocks spawns. The others just allow you to pick up your stuff.

2) Oh yeah, i've seen that one in both DF, other mods AND vanilla. Not sure why it's a thing.

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

My guess is you're probably still running out of texture RAM. They're fine on my machine (2070 Super). And yes, those layers are likely fine for disassembly.

I mean, you're running a 16k map. They eat a LOT of RAM. So yes, that's normal. Use a smaller map.

1) Only the first land claim blocks spawns. The others just allow you to pick up your stuff.

2) Oh yeah, i've seen that one in both DF, other mods AND vanilla. Not sure why it's a thing.

TBH i am not sure its DF  or the map size anymore. I  managed to play for 5 hours straight without severe RAM increase, then it suddenly got from 5 GB to  20 GB. (i stayed within a 500 m Radius) and after a crash  it went to 18 GB right in the loading screen and increased from that, didn't even select the map yet)  And TBH i can play Fallout 4 AND conan exiles AND surf with 200+ browser windows open at the same time without having issues. I'd get a 3080 if they were available for a reasonable price but until then i keep my 1080

One thing I have noticed with 7DTD (this was on nav), if you keep going to the main menu and then back in, it memory leaks REALLY bad.

Like Nav was using 24GB before it crashed because I was going in and out a lot while I fixed some XML stuff.

13 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

One thing I have noticed with 7DTD (this was on nav), if you keep going to the main menu and then back in, it memory leaks REALLY bad.

Like Nav was using 24GB before it crashed because I was going in and out a lot while I fixed some XML stuff.

that could explain it. I didn't get to the main menu often but kept tabbing in and out to surf the web. But what surprises e is that ,once it starts increasing RAM it doesn't stop, even after closing the game or steam completely. As i sait i completely closed Steam, restarted it abd it went to 18+ GB in the main menu. i deleted the XL map and started a very small one: same issue

Just a question, since i restarted the map and my work is gone: do you know how to increase the speed of the block replacement tool and how to change the letter site on signs so that there can be more text on them?

This could be a vanilla issue instead of this mod --- however if you are on a step ladder --- then hit 'C' for crouch --- then your toon gets vaulted in to outer space --- but not really --- you just see that not others. Hitting space brings your out-of-body experience back to earth...make sure you don't fall off the ladder...

I have been having some problems. I have tried the mod launcher, uninstalling, updating, Completely wiping Darkness falls, and all folders related, but this keeps happening. I get there warnings. And once they show the screen just sits there, and doesn't continue. No exit screen, or game start menu or anything, and it is really frustrating.

WRN Unknown element found: DMT (file X:/Spherell_Sofyware/7D2D/Alpha19/Darkness_Falls/Darkness_Falls/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods\   <--After this there is something different on each line.

Redbeardt-ActiveIngredients/ModInfo.xml, Line 10)

TE_MenuMusic/ModInfo.xml, line 10)

TE_NewBlock Textures/ModInfo.xml, line 10)

And I get this error in red.

Type Load Exception: Could Not Resolve Type With Token 0120002d5 (from typeref, class/assenbly SteelSeries.GameSense.GSClient, Assemble-CSharp-Firstpass, Version=10.0.0. Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)

And I can't figure out how to fix this.

3 hours ago, VonReal said:

I have been having some problems. I have tried the mod launcher, uninstalling, updating, Completely wiping Darkness falls, and all folders related, but this keeps happening. I get there warnings. And once they show the screen just sits there, and doesn't continue. No exit screen, or game start menu or anything, and it is really frustrating.

WRN Unknown element found: DMT (file X:/Spherell_Sofyware/7D2D/Alpha19/Darkness_Falls/Darkness_Falls/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods\   <--After this there is something different on each line.

Redbeardt-ActiveIngredients/ModInfo.xml, Line 10)

TE_MenuMusic/ModInfo.xml, line 10)

TE_NewBlock Textures/ModInfo.xml, line 10)

And I get this error in red.

Type Load Exception: Could Not Resolve Type With Token 0120002d5 (from typeref, class/assenbly SteelSeries.GameSense.GSClient, Assemble-CSharp-Firstpass, Version=10.0.0. Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)

And I can't figure out how to fix this.

The warnings can be ignored. The steelseries error is usually from going from an older A19 version (either 19.1 or 19.2, I dont remember which) to a newer version where they added the steelseries stuff (19.3 onwards)

1 hour ago, AKMARK5000 said:

Does Bdubyah’s Vehicles AIO work on DF? 

I can install DF successfully onto my client side PC and server.  But I do not know how to install the Bdubyah’s Vehicles AIO or the DF compatibility patch?

You need the patch. It just goes into the mods folder on the server (assuming all players have the base vehicle addon installed)