Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hi , I started to play this mod few days ago and i have been playing with no problem , currently on day 7 in survivalist difficulty and 90 min day cycle (Dont know if those settings are fine for this mod) , the only issue i find is takes some time to load the game , i have 16gb RAM and playing on darknessMedium1 map i think is 10k size  , should i start over on small size map , or i'll be fine? i am asking because I don't want to have Ram issues later . Thanks for the Mod

2 hours ago, Madcat442 said:

Hi , I started to play this mod few days ago and i have been playing with no problem , currently on day 7 in survivalist difficulty and 90 min day cycle (Dont know if those settings are fine for this mod) , the only issue i find is takes some time to load the game , i have 16gb RAM and playing on darknessMedium1 map i think is 10k size  , should i start over on small size map , or i'll be fine? i am asking because I don't want to have Ram issues later . Thanks for the Mod

What do you mean by "Time"? 3 minutes or 30 minutes?

I'm also on a DF 10K map. I have not timed it, but I'd guess my load time is 3 or so minutes.

9 hours ago, Madcat442 said:

The mod is loading a lot of assets, so yes, that's pretty normal.

An NVME SSD helps.

Is it possible for crops to 'die'? Or rather, become inert due to lack of water?

I made the mistake of covering my rain catchers because I wanted something to walk across, so they stopped producing water. I later realized this, and replaced the walk with bars, which allowed it to produce water again, but ever since, none of my crops have advanced in growth stages.

Seems I was just being impatient and not cognitive of the fact that I took multiple breaks since then. Things are growing now.

Edited by Xenthana (see edit history)

Again, Enjoying the mod, but ran into a really frustrating situation.

Finally got future tech, took forever to get those red research notes, now i Need the laser workbench and fusion forge, both of which require the fusion forge and laser workbench to create... Great.

Supposedly you can buy them from the radiation zone trader, found one trader, tried 4 times, nothing. Found the underground bunker, thought i'd try that. level 71 m60 with armor shredder and blessed metal unsing AP rounds, level 71 coil rifle with blessed metal(and other, assorted mods). Greeted at the red door by a demonic behemoth, i think it said he had 50,000 hit points. managed to get him down about half, although i think some of that was friendly fire, and then his regeneration kicked into high gear and he recovered everything before i could finish reloading, never got him that low again

cheated, looked up the second trader, no joy. went god mode, teleported into the bunker and unloaded point blank into the demons face for awhile just to test, couldn't kill him. teleported back to the trader Admin options->reset inventory multiple times. nothing.

so to kill the demon gaurding the laser workbench and fusion forge i need weapons and mods that can only be created with those things. Meaning i have no choice but to sit on my hands and hope the trader eventually stocks one, assuming that isn't bad information or something that was removed (which i am starting to suspect) or else just cheat them in from creative

what am i missing? cause this is annoying. especially considering how out of the way those traders are.

Also, have you considered toning down the block damage of the coil rifle? i had to retreat from higashi pharma at the fourth floor, because between it, cop puke, demon fireballs,  and an AI that can't path around a tree(much less that rat nest,)ripping holes in the walls, the structural integrity became so comprimised that pieces started falling off. just a little panic fire on the third floor when swarmed and i took out 2 support pillars, its why i don't use the combat shotgun in vanilla, especially after getting all the books. I dare not try dishong tower, that place has structural integerity issues to start with.

again, appreciate the hard work.

Can I not edit my post...

Two "brilliant" ideas came to me while trying to sleep, so I made a copy of my save, went creative mode and gave them a test.

The first, lure the demon behind a key card access door and close him off while i make my stuff at the forge and workbench, this worked on him, unfortunately the demons at the portal opened their door and came flooding out, and i couldn't kill them any better than i could him, i tried to shut the door to lock them in , it said locked and wouldn't shut, so i unlocked it and shut it, and they opened it again... are they supposed to be able to do this?

also while most of the walls are undamageable, the key card color indicator present at certain doors, is destroyable... doesn't really matter.

second "ingenious" idea was suppliment my personal firepower with 8 mk2 shotgun turrets... not only did that fail, but it summoned about a 50 screamers topside. had to use the killall command to get my framerate back from them and their hordes. But we'd knock the demon down to maybe 15-20k health, and then he'd stop taking damage before finally just rocketing back to 60k.

Seriously, am i being a total moron here or what?

incidently, kudos for making screamers a threat again, they are such a joke in alpha 19 i'm not sure why they even bother to keep them. I definitely take them seriously in darkness falls though.

Really enjoying 7D2D again with this mod. My 19.3 save updated to 19.4 no probs so GG

Couple questions/points if I may?

The blurb on the Laser Rife says it comes equipped with a scope, but it just has iron type sights to aim down - is that right?

Animal Husbandry - some people seem to be able to breed animals (according to yt comments anyways lol). I have a male and female cow in an enclosure with an animal feed container with plant fibres (plus some of the other items mentioned in the journal notes) and a water container with boiled water, murky water and bowls of water (probably murky, can't remember). The cows have not eaten or drunk from either container, nor have they had "jiggy time" - I've seen a few posts saying that breeding is broken as of 19.* is that right? (I've also got a pair of each of the other animals with the same setup, and again, no jiggy jiggy)

Also enjoying your YT playthrough!!

Edited by haaammit (see edit history)

12 hours ago, nedlynpopo said:

Again, Enjoying the mod, but ran into a really frustrating situation.

Finally got future tech, took forever to get those red research notes, now i Need the laser workbench and fusion forge, both of which require the fusion forge and laser workbench to create... Great.

Supposedly you can buy them from the radiation zone trader, found one trader, tried 4 times, nothing. Found the underground bunker, thought i'd try that. level 71 m60 with armor shredder and blessed metal unsing AP rounds, level 71 coil rifle with blessed metal(and other, assorted mods). Greeted at the red door by a demonic behemoth, i think it said he had 50,000 hit points. managed to get him down about half, although i think some of that was friendly fire, and then his regeneration kicked into high gear and he recovered everything before i could finish reloading, never got him that low again

cheated, looked up the second trader, no joy. went god mode, teleported into the bunker and unloaded point blank into the demons face for awhile just to test, couldn't kill him. teleported back to the trader Admin options->reset inventory multiple times. nothing.

so to kill the demon gaurding the laser workbench and fusion forge i need weapons and mods that can only be created with those things. Meaning i have no choice but to sit on my hands and hope the trader eventually stocks one, assuming that isn't bad information or something that was removed (which i am starting to suspect) or else just cheat them in from creative

what am i missing? cause this is annoying. especially considering how out of the way those traders are.

Also, have you considered toning down the block damage of the coil rifle? i had to retreat from higashi pharma at the fourth floor, because between it, cop puke, demon fireballs,  and an AI that can't path around a tree(much less that rat nest,)ripping holes in the walls, the structural integrity became so comprimised that pieces started falling off. just a little panic fire on the third floor when swarmed and i took out 2 support pillars, its why i don't use the combat shotgun in vanilla, especially after getting all the books. I dare not try dishong tower, that place has structural integerity issues to start with.

again, appreciate the hard work.

1 hour ago, nedlynpopo said:

Two "brilliant" ideas came to me while trying to sleep, so I made a copy of my save, went creative mode and gave them a test.

The first, lure the demon behind a key card access door and close him off while i make my stuff at the forge and workbench, this worked on him, unfortunately the demons at the portal opened their door and came flooding out, and i couldn't kill them any better than i could him, i tried to shut the door to lock them in , it said locked and wouldn't shut, so i unlocked it and shut it, and they opened it again... are they supposed to be able to do this?

also while most of the walls are undamageable, the key card color indicator present at certain doors, is destroyable... doesn't really matter.

second "ingenious" idea was suppliment my personal firepower with 8 mk2 shotgun turrets... not only did that fail, but it summoned about a 50 screamers topside. had to use the killall command to get my framerate back from them and their hordes. But we'd knock the demon down to maybe 15-20k health, and then he'd stop taking damage before finally just rocketing back to 60k.

incidently, kudos for making screamers a threat again, they are such a joke in alpha 19 i'm not sure why they even bother to keep them. I definitely take them seriously in darkness falls though.

Welp. I have legitimately NEVER seen a demonic behemoth in the big bunker. Incubus and Succubus, yes... but never that thing. You got super unlucky. You should have found energy cells and laser multi-tools in the small bunker that you can then use in the workbench in the bunker to make what you need.

I'm gonna look at the block damage of coil+ because that's 100% not intended.

And I do need to re-do the doors. I don't know why the double doors default to an "open" state when you lock/unlock them, but the single ones don't. I'm gonna have to look in unity and see what the hell was going on there.

23 minutes ago, haaammit said:

Really enjoying 7D2D again with this mod. My 19.3 save updated to 19.4 no probs so GG

Couple questions/points if I may?

The blurb on the Laser Rife says it comes equipped with a scope, but it just has iron type sights to aim down - is that right?

Animal Husbandry - some people seem to be able to breed animals (according to yt comments anyways lol). I have a male and female cow in an enclosure with an animal feed container with plant fibres (plus some of the other items mentioned in the journal notes) and a water container with boiled water, murky water and bowls of water (probably murky, can't remember). The cows have not eaten or drunk from either container, nor have they had "jiggy time" - I've seen a few posts saying that breeding is broken as of 19.* is that right? (I've also got a pair of each of the other animals with the same setup, and again, no jiggy jiggy)

Also enjoying your YT playthrough!!

The laser rifle localization needs adjusting. It's from A16 when you couldn't modify guns like we can in A17+. So I just included a scope with it.

Animal Husbandry, last I tested it, was working. They don't eat/drink (because that was literally killing them, no joke) but were making babies for me.

1 hour ago, nedlynpopo said:

Hi,

In the lab, you can destroy the 2 blocks over the doors. Put a frame, jump on it and you can shoot the Z safely (except from the flaming missiles)

1 hour ago, 7d2dMP said:

Hi,

In the lab, you can destroy the 2 blocks over the doors. Put a frame, jump on it and you can shoot the Z safely (except from the flaming missiles)

Appreciate the tip, thank you, but if i can't kill him even in god mode... him hurting me isn't the problem... well its A problem but not THE problem

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Welp. I have legitimately NEVER seen a demonic behemoth in the big bunker. Incubus and Succubus, yes... but never that thing. You got super unlucky. You should have found energy cells and laser multi-tools in the small bunker that you can then use in the workbench in the bunker to make what you need.

I'm gonna look at the block damage of coil+ because that's 100% not intended.

And I do need to re-do the doors. I don't know why the double doors default to an "open" state when you lock/unlock them, but the single ones don't. I'm gonna have to look in unity and see what the hell was going on there.

Really appreciate the response, thank you.  but either i was unclear or i am confused. The Laser workbench and fusion forge are only located on the bottom level of the lab, correct, near the portal, next room over if i'm not mistaken?  no where else? i didn't miss one on an upper level? so while yes i brought everything i needed to craft things, have tons of cells and multitools, raw titanium, etc. I can't realisticly get to those workbenches to use them.  The behemoth is sitting right at the entrance to that level, and While other demons were stopped at key card doors, those jerks at the portal were opening even locked doors in that bottom area.. I didn't let em out, they opened the door before i got anywhere near it. so the room with the forge and work bench, atleast the ones i know about, are persona no gratis, 

the number of demons and close quarters i really don't even  think i could run in, start crafting, run out, kill an hour or so for them complete and have any hope of going back to collect without getting massacred. it just doesn't seem feasable. I was seeing atleast 2 incubuses pop out of that portal. i'm gonna get pinned in a corner and wrecked.

I guess the only question then is, does the trader in the radiation zone actually stock them once in awhile, level 5 better barter? and its just more abysmal luck on my part, or is that bad info and i'm wasting my time...

and again, really fun mod, just this one irratating little situation, otherwise thoroughly enjoying it. and thank you.

Yep, they're only in that place. I'll look at tweaking the portal spawn list so the worst thing that pops out is the incubus (and make it rare)

Because that big @%$# should NOT be in there.

Caitlin needs you to have max better barter AND max charismatic nature in order to have a CHANCE to stock them.

49 minutes ago, nedlynpopo said:

Appreciate the tip, thank you, but if i can't kill him even in god mode... him hurting me isn't the problem... well its A problem but not THE problem

Really appreciate the response, thank you.  but either i was unclear or i am confused. The Laser workbench and fusion forge are only located on the bottom level of the lab, correct, near the portal, next room over if i'm not mistaken?  no where else? i didn't miss one on an upper level? so while yes i brought everything i needed to craft things, have tons of cells and multitools, raw titanium, etc. I can't realisticly get to those workbenches to use them.  The behemoth is sitting right at the entrance to that level, and While other demons were stopped at key card doors, those jerks at the portal were opening even locked doors in that bottom area.. I didn't let em out, they opened the door before i got anywhere near it. so the room with the forge and work bench, atleast the ones i know about, are persona no gratis, 

the number of demons and close quarters i really don't even  think i could run in, start crafting, run out, kill an hour or so for them complete and have any hope of going back to collect without getting massacred. it just doesn't seem feasable. I was seeing atleast 2 incubuses pop out of that portal. i'm gonna get pinned in a corner and wrecked.

I guess the only question then is, does the trader in the radiation zone actually stock them once in awhile, level 5 better barter? and its just more abysmal luck on my part, or is that bad info and i'm wasting my time...

and again, really fun mod, just this one irratating little situation, otherwise thoroughly enjoying it. and thank you.

I haven't play Darkness Falls since 1 month but everyone goes in the lab. You need to have some good weapons (i use a coilriffle+coilpistol) some ammo (2/3 k) some mods on the guns (to stop regeneration) and some water. Go in sneaky mod and close the portal room so you won't have problems with it. Just before the portal room you have also a fusion forge, use my trick and you can succeed. Most of the time i do the lab only in sneaky mod with my coilpistol (with a silencer) to avoid the screamers waiting for you at the exit. With points in sneak and pistol, it is more than doable.

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Yep, they're only in that place. I'll look at tweaking the portal spawn list so the worst thing that pops out is the incubus (and make it rare)

Because that big @%$# should NOT be in there.

Caitlin needs you to have max better barter AND max charismatic nature in order to have a CHANCE to stock them.

Thank you very much sir, Only had charismatic nature 3, and never intended to go higher. raised to 5 and found the fusion forge at one wasteland trader and the workbench at the other. I somehow missed that requirement, my mistake.

Many, many thanks.

3 hours ago, nedlynpopo said:

Thank you very much sir, Only had charismatic nature 3, and never intended to go higher. raised to 5 and found the fusion forge at one wasteland trader and the workbench at the other. I somehow missed that requirement, my mistake.

Many, many thanks.

I did that on purpose cos i'm a @%$# ;)

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I did that on purpose cos i'm a @%$# ;)

if the censored word means a Sadist, yes, yes you are... you like us poor people suffer and feed on our tears. :D

2k hours, playing since alpha 4 .... just started 2 days ago your mod and have the feeling i'm back years ago where the game was actually hard. I'm only on day 3. Food? Char always complaining. Zombies? Night time? I sit quite in my corner with full trousers.

Watched the whole Jawoodle series, ,so i now that the worst times are still coming...

Searches have told me that I have to 'refill' chicken coops with animal feed, but even with over 30 of it in my inventory, going to 'repair' the coop just shows me an X with the animal feed icon. The coops are indeed outside, and on grass. Is there something else to it?

Really enjoying the MOD and have been recently running a server for friends to play on but we came across a weird issue last night.

When entering the bunker with the bag spawners there were only 3 zombies in the whole place and nothing else spawned in.

We had cleared the lab first before finding the bunkers as we had not looked up anything about this mod before had to not spoil ourselves. And thought the bunkers was a little odd after the fight in the lab. I looked up about the bunkers and found the quest npc and even did the quest chain to get to reset the bunker. We went into again after resetting with the quest and that time it was completely no enemies spawned in. Is there a way to fix this or correct the issue?