Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 3/30/2021 at 2:49 PM, Ringkeeper said:

if the censored word means a Sadist, yes, yes you are... you like us poor people suffer and feed on our tears. :D

2k hours, playing since alpha 4 .... just started 2 days ago your mod and have the feeling i'm back years ago where the game was actually hard. I'm only on day 3. Food? Char always complaining. Zombies? Night time? I sit quite in my corner with full trousers.

Watched the whole Jawoodle series, ,so i now that the worst times are still coming...

Yeah food can be a problem at the beginning.

I suggest to gather apple to roast them on a stick over the fire.  When you chop the tree there is a good chance to get an apple seed and you can plant the tree next to your base.

And/or yucca fruits over the fire works fine too. And not to forget to pickup all berries.

And outdoor sneaking works very well at night. Once you played awhile with the mod you will get the feeling.

But that all don't prepare you about the endgame, be surprised and don't enter the wasteland without protection.

Regen stop weapon mod, anti-demonic weapon mod, coil weapons or when you found Laser ones.

And alot of ammunations.

I never tried it myself but i think the weapon mod that let the target freeze can help you, but i think you can't use that with the other weapons mod i suggest before.

On 3/31/2021 at 11:11 AM, KhaineGB said:

That can happen on servers due to all the zombies alive in the world, so it's hitting max zombie limit.

Rebooting the server can help. The reset thing looks like an actual bug I need to track down cos Kickz reported it too.

Thanks this seems to have fixxed it.

There is one more issue we have notice the coil Rifle has only half the durability of other weapons at similar tiers ie a lvl 71 coil sniper and coil pistol and m4a1 all have 1800ish durability but a newly made coil rifle will only have 900ish

On 3/31/2021 at 7:13 AM, Doomofman said:

So found both a portal and the big camp/base in my playthrough. Haven't engaged either yet, any tips for dealing with things like the Incubus that's hanging out by the portal?

For reference i'm playing 1 tick above default difficulty while i learn. Took nearly a full load of AP 7.62 ammo from my level 71 fully modded M60 to drop 1 incubus. atleast 80 to 85 rounds. i had an armor shredder on it and blessed metal, as well as rad remover and crippler though those last two probably don't do anything but fill mod slots to up base damage. and i'm full ranks on automatic weapons.  maybe hollow points would have worked better, but i'm guessing his skin counts as armor...?

I would have prefered to use my coil rifle which i guess does an extra 10 percent damage vx demons, but he actually somehow teleported in behind me , through a door (took out part of the building doing it, crumbled part of a stair well) while i was prepairing to thin out the other zombies, not sure if he is supposed to be able to do that, but watch out for it. admittedly these were gut shots as he was bobbing around too much at that range to reliably  head shot him, for me atleast. i was watching his health bar try to recover, it was close.

If you see a DEMONIC behemoth, not the radiated ones but the demonic guy, RUN. playing around in creative i was not able to kill him, and i'm guessing nothing short of laser weapons will. you absolutely need something to stop his regen. Maybe a love tap from a club with a laser battery(made at the laser workbench) will buy you enough time to kill him, but that takes a laser workbench first...

And what Hunter said, lots of ammo. lots and lots. I even bring spare guns since you can't repair past 51, i swap em out so you don't lose mod space and precious damage

Is it possible somehow to put watch on top of radiation gloves mod? Now which mod I put last one then this is active, so I have radiation protection but not watch if rad mod was put last and if watch mod is last then I haven't protection.

Interesting thing.. first off, I love this mod, it's great..

10/10 will play to the end..

so, i went to Eve's 3rd quest at the bunker, and climbed down there to recon before doing the quest,

chilled all the idiots down there, and looted everything, including body bags (found out later about the body bags)..

checked the time, and had to hustle back to base because it was horde night, and didn't have time to do it again..

I don't always double loot poi's, just wanted the recon so I didn't fail the quest for reasons..

Anyway.. after the horde, i went back, reset it for the quest, and went back down..

not one zed anywhere.. zip.. none.. (body bags had returned, as did all loot containers)

so.. what happened? did I glitch it somehow doing that?

again, having a right BLAST with this mod.

good job

8 minutes ago, zebras said:

Is it possible somehow to put watch on top of radiation gloves mod? Now which mod I put last one then this is active, so I have radiation protection but not watch if rad mod was put last and if watch mod is last then I haven't protection.

i don't think it matters the order.. just take the gloves off and put em back on after modding, then ya should be right..

19 minutes ago, zebras said:

You just have to mod the gloves, take them off and put them on. Some folk have said the watch MUST be in the first mod slot but i've not been able to reproduce that.

13 minutes ago, 12pack said:

Interesting thing.. first off, I love this mod, it's great..

10/10 will play to the end..

so, i went to Eve's 3rd quest at the bunker, and climbed down there to recon before doing the quest,

chilled all the idiots down there, and looted everything, including body bags (found out later about the body bags)..

checked the time, and had to hustle back to base because it was horde night, and didn't have time to do it again..

I don't always double loot poi's, just wanted the recon so I didn't fail the quest for reasons..

Anyway.. after the horde, i went back, reset it for the quest, and went back down..

not one zed anywhere.. zip.. none.. (body bags had returned, as did all loot containers)

so.. what happened? did I glitch it somehow doing that?

again, having a right BLAST with this mod.

good job

i don't think it matters the order.. just take the gloves off and put em back on after modding, then ya should be right..

Yes, resetting the POI can make it derp out. No idea why.

2 hours ago, Doomofman said:

So is there a way to repair level 71 stuff without it degrading? (outside of just making a new item that is). I can make level 71 tools and weapons but they degrade on repair

Yes -> Completionist

2 hours ago, Doomofman said:

So is there a way to repair level 71 stuff without it degrading? (outside of just making a new item that is). I can make level 71 tools and weapons but they degrade on repair

At the workbench you can combine 2 items together.

At this way you can "repair" them if don't got the skill to repair them without degrading.

You can use looted one (but repair them the item wealth count not the quality) or craft one.

But be careful, when the icon for mod's on the item don't appear at the result you should remove the mods before you take the final produkt.

1 hour ago, 7d2dMP said:

Yes -> Completionist

I'm a bit confused for the requirements for that. 

Does "complete all classes" mean the class quest or have every skill point spent in that class.

And do you have to have the future tech tree complete or just unlocked?

3 hours ago, Doomofman said:

I'm a bit confused for the requirements for that. 

Does "complete all classes" mean the class quest or have every skill point spent in that class.

And do you have to have the future tech tree complete or just unlocked?

All class quests.
All class masteries.
Finish tech crafting.

It does not state "You have to max every perk in every class."

Hi , I have few questions ,

1. For mine Oil shale is like the old alphas , i mean just start to drill anywere in the desert until i find ore veins ?

2. How to kill Demonic zombies? lol i tried to kill a bloated demonic zombie one of them but it was a waste of ammo and lured near of a trader but didnt work  it autoheals super fast .

6 hours ago, XaLeX12 said:

Behemoths are not affected by electrical traps, they pass as if there was nothing

Yep, I know. It's because they aren't vanilla entities.

27 minutes ago, Madcat442 said:

Hi , I have few questions ,

1. For mine Oil shale is like the old alphas , i mean just start to drill anywere in the desert until i find ore veins ?

2. How to kill Demonic zombies? lol i tried to kill a bloated demonic zombie one of them but it was a waste of ammo and lured near of a trader but didnt work  it autoheals super fast .

1) Find rock. Hit rock. If rock gives oil, get digging. ;)
2) Blessed metal + coil weapon, or laser weapon.