Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Nope. They're just kinda dumb.

Sure. The books just give you a level. So you could use 1 book (to unlock it), spend 2 points (for level 2) and then use the last 3 books to get to 5.

Pretty sure they work from inventory or toolbelt.

not quite sure what you mean. i was @ level 4 and needed 7 points to get level 5. i first looked in my points after using the FIN book and the points stayed @ 13. looked at the technology crafting and it was now level 5

used one future is now book and it unlocked technology crafting 5 ( 7 points normally) and i still have 3 FIN books and 13points. groovy. 

On 4/11/2021 at 1:49 PM, oldguy67 said:

not quite sure what you mean. i was @ level 4 and needed 7 points to get level 5. i first looked in my points after using the FIN book and the points stayed @ 13. looked at the technology crafting and it was now level 5

used one future is now book and it unlocked technology crafting 5 ( 7 points normally) and i still have 3 FIN books and 13points. groovy. 

I mean you can absolutely combine both. Obviously you have to use 1 book to unlock the skill, but once you've done that, you could spend 2 points to buy level 2 and then use 3 books to get the other 3 levels.

Or you can use books for all 5 levels. After that, there's no use for the books (considering alternatives for this atm)

7 hours ago, Midgefidget said:

The game loads for me but there seems to be a TRON window that I am unable to close. I programmed (decades ago) and at least it appears to be Traceron. I'm sure the fix is simple, but so am I. Help would be appreciated.

I'd need to see the error and log. My guess is the console popped up with a ton of red text.

9 hours ago, Midgefidget said:

The game loads for me but there seems to be a TRON window that I am unable to close. I programmed (decades ago) and at least it appears to be Traceron. I'm sure the fix is simple, but so am I. Help would be appreciated.

Don't use other mods (Mods folder should be empty before you copy over DF files) at first

Be sure you have 19.4 installed and use DF for 19.4.

Maybe create a copy of 7D2D you should play from. At this way steam don't update/modify that version.

Start/create a singleplayer game, before you join a server.

11 hours ago, jccmuir said:

Howdy Khaine, I'm having the cardiac arrest bug in 3.4 somehow. Even though I see you implemented fixes for it in 3.2. Otherwise still loving the mod and the youtube series, you potato! 😁❤️

That thing is a pain in the ass. I may do a workaround.

5 hours ago, Nametakin said:

I'm having a issue where I can not download the mod at all. I start it and it downloaded a gig maybe then stops and says failed network error. Am I doing something wrong or is it just me?

Try this alternate link.

https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA19Client

On 4/13/2021 at 4:51 PM, Nametakin said:

I'm having a issue where I can not download the mod at all. I start it and it downloaded a gig maybe then stops and says failed network error. Am I doing something wrong or is it just me?

Or try to use a download tool.

The download is resumeable and don't need to be downloaded at one rush.

On 4/8/2021 at 2:25 AM, Canute said:

Vitamin's don't kill bakteria's (salmonellae) or mold which cause from food poisoning.

or botulism bacteria, although it is apparently great for cosmetic surgery (Botox). Stay away from improperly stored fish or honey, and those dented or swollen canned goods folks!

https://www.healthline.com/health/botulism-honey#whats-botulism

Always was of the opinion that Vitamins "should" cure deficiency diseases only, and perhaps give a tiny 24 hour disease resist. Shame none of these deficiency diseases actually exist within 7 Days. Any modders out there? Apologies to anyone afflicted with any of the following IRL:

List-of-Vitamins-and-Deficiency-Diseases

Edited by Cernwn (see edit history)

On 4/13/2021 at 2:21 PM, KhaineGB said:

That thing is a pain in the ass. I may do a workaround.

Try this alternate link.

https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA19Client

khaine spartan and his crew didnt die during their last horde night that is unacceptable the 7days universe demands blood from them or at least a grandspartan death :)

Hi all, I’m new in here and looking for some advice. My girlfriend and I have been playing Darkness Falls on 19.3 (V3.3) for a while now and we both updated to 19.4 (V3.4) tonight and now I can’t open the game without a unity crash in the loading screen. Have I done something wrong or can you not play something you started on 19.3 on the newer 19.4? If so is there a way to go back to 19.3 so we can continue playing? Any help would be much appreciated!

That normally means you just let the launcher update and it didn't actually grab a clean 19.4

Get a completely clean 19.4 from steam and reinstall the mod. Saves fro 3.3 to 3.4 are not guaranteed to work. I did my best to make sure I didn't break anything, but it's still not guaranteed.

So, I saw Let's Play footage of this mod and thought it was incredibly cool.

Bringing back skill ups from actually using items? THANK YOU!

Another flying enemy? CURSE YOU! *shakes fist at*

So, I decided I'd give this mod a try. First mod ever for this game for me.

Go to download it from the first page. After eight failed attempts, I finally get the .zip file.  Go to unzip it...archive corrupted. Unzippable.

Same for Github and the dev.azure.com link for the mod as well. Archive corrupted.

Any advice on how to get this mod so I can ruin myself playing it?

1 hour ago, RABlackpaws said:

Go to download it from the first page. After eight failed attempts, I finally get the .zip file.  Go to unzip it...archive corrupted. Unzippable.

Same for Github and the dev.azure.com link for the mod as well. Archive corrupted.

I got it from NEXUS MODS, i believe i used the (F)ree (D)ownload (M)anager, FDM. It stopped downloading once, as i recall, but when i went to restart it, it noticed the file was already there and did infact resume. Resume failed on every other link i tried, using a couple of different download managers, why i wound up on NEXUS... last resort. i spent days trying to get this thing.

FDM + NEXUSMODS was the only one that worked for me. hope it helps.

5 hours ago, RABlackpaws said:

I encounter some "Unzippable" things from another game. If you use maybe an "older" tool it could cause problems, try to get a new tool like 7zip (windows/linux).

When you got an instable connection, i suggest to use download manager anyway. Their resume procedure is better then the standard ones from the webbrowsers which avoid download errors.

The archives from Github and azure definitive are OK

7 hours ago, RABlackpaws said:

Try 7Zip. It's what I use. If that doesn't work, then you may need a download manager. Not a lot I can do about spotty internet.

4 hours ago, wolfarus said:

Quick question for anybody in the know..

Does the loot bonus's you get from the scavenger class stack w/ the quality joe perk?

Yes.

1 minute ago, Teezer said:

Hey @KhaineGB

I have an issue, i play on my serv and everytime i read a book i dont unlock the recipe. It worked fine for 1-2 books, then i died and now i cant unlock anything. It's pretty raging when you shoul've unlocked like 20 recipes and it's still locked...

Probably need to reboot the server. I've seen perks not unlock stuff randomly until a game reboot

26 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

I assume you mean the P225. And it's a model I bought and added to DF.

So no "mod" adds it.

If that’s the model that looks like the Glock 17 then yes is there anyway I could take that from darkness falls and add it to my modded server if there is please let me know I really like that gun last time I added a gun mod to my server it kept crashing my server