Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Darness Falls

Hello my dears,

I have a concern for you. We are trying for a full hour, which goes with me the Mod Darness Falls on the 18.1. No matter what I do, as soon as I start the game on the launcher, the always on the 18.2. I've de / reinstalled the game, reinstalled the launcher, converted to the Alpha 18.1 on Steam, but nothing helps. Even my husband does not know how to continue. Because with him and a friend that is possible and they have changed nothing on Steam. So for the sake of the version. Do you have a solution for me / us?

Garman:

Hallo ihr lieben,

ich habe ein Anliegen an euch. Wir versuchen seit einer geschlagenen stunde, das bei mir die Mod Darness Falls auf die 18.1 geht. Egal was ich mache, sobald ich das Game أ¼ber den Launcher starte, switcht der immer auf die 18.2. Ich hab das Spiel de/instelliert, den Launcher neu installiert, bei Steam auf die Alpha 18.1 umgestellt, aber nichts hilft. Selbst mein Mann weiأ? auch nicht mehr weiter. Denn bei ihm und einem Freund geht das und sie haben bei Steam nichts umgestellt. Also zwecks der Version. Habt ihr evtl eine lأ¶sung fأ¼r mich/uns?

First off, Thanks so much for this mod. It is amazing. With that being said, is there any more info how who watering crops works? I've placed water in the middle of my farm, which is a cross shape, and it water those fine. However when done with a square it waters 2 left 2 right 2 up 2 down but none diagonal.

Second, You need to make Clay bowls have a lower stack number. Currently I take a full stack of them and hit one tree and they are all full of water and/or sap. This doesn't feel right at all.

Silly question: I am trying to force Steam and Launcher to get 18.2 b5 (I currently have 18.1 b8) but I cant for the life of me get it to update.

How?

Some folks on the discord were saying they needed to fully uninstall the mod on the launcher, then close and re-open the launcher and it should work.

Would anyone by chance have a link to darkness falls 2.3 b3 for 18.1?

https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/dfexperimentalclient/-/archive/master/dfexperimentalclient-master.zip

Old repo is still up, but it's very slow.

Hello my dears,

I have a concern for you. We are trying for a full hour, which goes with me the Mod Darness Falls on the 18.1. No matter what I do, as soon as I start the game on the launcher, the always on the 18.2. I've de / reinstalled the game, reinstalled the launcher, converted to the Alpha 18.1 on Steam, but nothing helps. Even my husband does not know how to continue. Because with him and a friend that is possible and they have changed nothing on Steam. So for the sake of the version. Do you have a solution for me / us?

Garman:

Hallo ihr lieben,

ich habe ein Anliegen an euch. Wir versuchen seit einer geschlagenen stunde, das bei mir die Mod Darness Falls auf die 18.1 geht. Egal was ich mache, sobald ich das Game أ¼ber den Launcher starte, switcht der immer auf die 18.2. Ich hab das Spiel de/instelliert, den Launcher neu installiert, bei Steam auf die Alpha 18.1 umgestellt, aber nichts hilft. Selbst mein Mann weiأŸ auch nicht mehr weiter. Denn bei ihm und einem Freund geht das und sie haben bei Steam nichts umgestellt. Also zwecks der Version. Habt ihr evtl eine lأ¶sung fأ¼r mich/uns?

Since A18.2 is now STABLE, why would you want the A18.1 version?

Since A18.2 is now STABLE, why would you want the A18.1 version?

For me, I may try back to 18.1 too, I upgraded to stable and the 2.4 DF, but server won't start. Struggling, so may go back to see if that gets me running and just stick there for a while, maybe others in similar boat. Still working on the new update to see if I can get running.

Are these the localization errors you mentioned we may see?

Mono path[0] = 'D:/7d2d/alpha18/darkness_falls/DF_Experimental/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed'

Mono config path = 'D:/7d2d/alpha18/darkness_falls/DF_Experimental/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'

Initialize engine version: 2019.1.0f2 (292b93d75a2c)

Forcing GfxDevice: Null

GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=0

NullGfxDevice:

Version: NULL 1.0 [1.0]

Renderer: Null Device

Vendor: Unity Technologies

FMOD initialized on nosound output

Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly

- Completed reload, in 0.157 seconds

The file 'D:/7d2d/alpha18/darkness_falls/DF_Experimental/7DaysToDieServer_Data/level0' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

[Position out of bounds!]

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Serialize/SerializationCaching/CachedReader.cpp Line: 220)

UnloadTime: 0.870400 ms

2019-12-08T22:14:50 0.107 INF Awake

2019-12-08T22:14:50 0.197 WRN Localization: Duplicate key "statLootGamestage" found! Please check Localization file. Skipping entry...

2019-12-08T22:14:50 0.197 WRN Localization: Duplicate key "statTreasureRadius" found! Please check Localization file. Skipping entry...

2019-12-08T22:14:50 0.197 WRN Localization: Duplicate key "statRunSpeed" found! Please check Localization file. Skipping entry...

Also, what is this, important?? I tried deleting, not helping.

The file 'D:/7d2d/alpha18/darkness_falls/DF_Experimental/7DaysToDieServer_Data/level0' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!

2019-12-08T22:14:50 0.197 WRN Localization: Duplicate key "statLootGamestage" found! Please check Localization file. Skipping entry...
2019-12-08T22:14:50 0.197 WRN Localization: Duplicate key "statTreasureRadius" found! Please check Localization file. Skipping entry...
2019-12-08T22:14:50 0.197 WRN Localization: Duplicate key "statRunSpeed" found! Please check Localization file. Skipping entry...

Yep, Those are part of the localization errors that I need to fix. TFP completely changing how the file works really did a number on the work i'd already done.

And ignore the level0 error. That's been around for... god... at least A15?

Noticed something weird with the mechanic perks. When I upgraded from level 51 junk turrets to 61 junk turrets, the turrets stats got worse. As in, they hold half as much ammo, and have less durability. So for the time being, I'm sticking with the 51 junk turrets until I can figure out the issue.

I tried it, it seems to work.

But it doesn't obey biome restrictions for POI's.

So yes, it works and generates the needed biomes, but I still DO NOT recommend using that or RWG because it screws up the progression I planned.

Aw. That's very very sad news :( Me and my group of friends playing the game won't touch the navezgane map until it's gone gold :/

(I'm guessing your map is based on it still?)

How big is this mod roughly to download off the mod launcher? Not sure if im doing it correctly but i hit presync and it comes up with like 2750 files or something ridiculous and takes GB's to download and i cancel it.

Without the launcher it is 3gb download. There are TONS of little files. It jumps very quick once past 70 files or something ,I forget the number, but anyway, guess around 3gb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question. Server did load after installing fresh and using old serverconfig file.

However, I get like 3-5 of these a second in the log. Game seems fine though.

Invalid Layer Index '1'

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/Animation/Director/AnimatorControllerPlayable.cpp Line: 919)

Invalid Layer Index '1'

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/Animation/Director/AnimatorControllerPlayable.cpp Line: 919)

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Invalid Layer Index '1'

Yep, Those are part of the localization errors that I need to fix. TFP completely changing how the file works really did a number on the work i'd already done.

Is there any grunt work I could do to help with this or is it all code stuff? Happy to lend a hand with the mundane text editing or lookups or w/e.

So I am running the latest version (I think) off of the mod launcher.

Does anyone else have the issue where perks to unlock recipe's don't work? The perk says its unlocked and purchased but when I try to make the item its like its not unlocked. Any ideas?

*EDIT* So I noticed the modlauncher was for some reason downloading and copying 7DTD 18.1 instead of 18.2. Will see if I can force it to 18.2 somehow.

Edited by muaddib912 (see edit history)

Thanks Casper, I will give it another go now. Does the launcher keep the mods updated? or do I have to keep pressing the presync button and go through all the files again?

Presync you only need to do once, when you install the mod the first time. From there you just choose "play mod" with option turned on for "Refresh mods automatically" ( ...also "Run game as Admin" to avoid 'steam not found' error ) . Then all the modlets etc will be kept up to date.

How big is this mod roughly to download off the mod launcher? Not sure if im doing it correctly but i hit presync and it comes up with like 2750 files or something ridiculous and takes GB's to download and i cancel it.

About 3GB

Quick question. Server did load after installing fresh and using old serverconfig file.

However, I get like 3-5 of these a second in the log. Game seems fine though.

Known issue with servers and external 3D entities. We're looking for a way to disable the logging.