Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hi Kaine!

Some feedback for you based on my group's play-through of v17.4.

Firstly, really nicely done with the mod. Challenging, fun and a nice progression. We really enjoyed this one.

The below are some notes, *not necessarily bugs, just odd;

-Brass catchers are not usable on Coil guns

-Different Schematics/books do not have consistent stack values. Some aren't stackable at all. Those that are will yield extra skill papers when scrapping in stacks of 3+

-Schematics scrap into skill papers instead of generic schematic papers. *

-spike mod cannot be installed on a titanium club (you can craft a spiked titanium club but that adds bleed damage instead of armour reduction according to the description)

-no laser turrets?!*

-school buses do not break down past the initial shell meaning no vehicle parts. But I understand this is part of the vehicle mod and will probably change with the introduction of the new a18 vehicle assets

-a fire suppression systems would be nice as a base defensive measure against demons*

-Completionist perk for the bonus xp seems odd. You must first complete everything so why do you need bonus xp after?*

Looking forward to the next incarnation of the mod.

Cheers

Hi Kaine!

Some feedback for you based on my group's play-through of v17.4.

Firstly, really nicely done with the mod. Challenging, fun and a nice progression. We really enjoyed this one.

The below are some notes, *not necessarily bugs, just odd;

-Brass catchers are not usable on Coil guns

-Different Schematics/books do not have consistent stack values. Some aren't stackable at all. Those that are will yield extra skill papers when scrapping in stacks of 3+

-Schematics scrap into skill papers instead of generic schematic papers. *

-spike mod cannot be installed on a titanium club (you can craft a spiked titanium club but that adds bleed damage instead of armour reduction according to the description)

-no laser turrets?!*

-school buses do not break down past the initial shell meaning no vehicle parts. But I understand this is part of the vehicle mod and will probably change with the introduction of the new a18 vehicle assets

-a fire suppression systems would be nice as a base defensive measure against demons*

-Completionist perk for the bonus xp seems odd. You must first complete everything so why do you need bonus xp after?*

Looking forward to the next incarnation of the mod.

Cheers

That's all super useful, so thank you. :)

- Brass catchers SHOULD work on coilguns in A18. There's also a new trigger so they'll work better on fully auto weapons.

- Stack sizes will be fixed. :)

- Scrapping into notes instead of the generic papers was intended because folks were complaining the notes were too hard to get. May consider revising this for A18 depending on player feedback.

- Fixed in A18. :) Spiked titanium club has been scrapped and the spikes mod can go on the titanium club.

- Nope. No laser turrets. Mostly due to the fact adding extra turret models is an absolute pain. Might consider revisiting this.

- Intended on the school bus. Also have the same problem with the garbage truck, fire truck and mail truck. Basically I need TFP to add in some "frame" assets for trucks/lorries/etc.

- Probably won't be adding that. Most folks just build a pool of water in their horde base to deal with it. Easy enough with rain catchers and buckets.

- Kind of intended since the perk is more for bragging rights than actually being useful. ;) You can blame one of the testers for that since he kept bugging me to add something in to say "I've done all of the things."

Thanks for the feedback, i too am eagerly waiting for the mod to be current with A18. I loved a lot of the new things that came with A17 ,but hated just as many. Wish they would've never got rid of the wellness system, jail doors, log spikes as well as a lot of other things. The game is being "watered down" by TFP to attract new players. DF mod saved this game for me when I was getting seriously burnt on how bland the crafting system and other mechanics have become and how easy the blood moon's were.

Thanks for the feedback, i too am eagerly waiting for the mod to be current with A18. I loved a lot of the new things that came with A17 ,but hated just as many. Wish they would've never got rid of the wellness system, jail doors, log spikes as well as a lot of other things. The game is being "watered down" by TFP to attract new players. DF mod saved this game for me when I was getting seriously burnt on how bland the crafting system and other mechanics have become and how easy the blood moon's were.

I have one thing to say to that.... this is in my A18 version.

<effect_group name="Setting up player Wellness">
	<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfFirstSpawn" action="ModifyCVar" target="self" cvar="wellness" operation="set" value="100"/>
</effect_group>

Is there an A18 version? Which side can I download? Friends are waiting for this good mod

Not yet.

How do you craft the work bench? I've been struggeling for days trying to figure this one out. I'm sure its something simple I'm just missing.

You need to unlock it. It's on page 2 of the PERKS section (right beside the ACTION SKILLS). Look for WORKBENCHES. If you click on it you can hover your mouse over the lock icon on the right side and it will tell you what you need.

Build 22 went out to testers today.

That was the build that added the last few bits from the A17 version of the mod (better scaling for trader quest rewards + modded vehicles).

So I'm HOPING the mod will be in experimental by next weekend. :) It'll be for A18.1-godknowswhatbuildnumber

Is anyone else having issues with the mod launcher since the last 2 updates? Now the mod launcher shows DF in the Alpha-18 section along with the A-17 section. But both sections will not allow the game to be loaded. Comes up with numerous conflicts and files not being found.

Excuse me, I just read the intro to your addon and it sounds like you've achieved something I'm looking to do in one of my own:

I've also tried to inject a little realism by locking away quite a few recipes behind perks, since most normal folks wouldn't know how to do/make those things.

I asked about similar, if not exactly that, here and was pointed in the right direction. I'm pretty sure I found what I need but I was hoping to check in with you to learn exactly how you locked schematics behind perk requirements (eg: You need perks x & y in order to read and understand schematic z).

A little later than I intended due to some bugs that needed to be fixed, but Darkness Falls V2.4-EXPERIMENTAL-B1 is now on git for you all to enjoy. :) Notes as follows.

- Civilian changed to Scavenger

- Arrows do not stick.

- Spears cannot be thrown, but have a power attack.

- Changed survivalist to grant all 3 ranks of the Leather Armor perk.

- Added resource boulders to all biomes. (repalces the nodes you find on the surface in A18)

- Cooked food shouldn't have food poisoning anymore.

- Boiled water shouldn't give you dysentry.

- Canned food now has a food poisoning chance.

- Removed random stats from loot.

- Changed guns back to using actual gun parts instead of TFP's system.

- Added a new receiver item for the M60.

- Reverted MOST loot back to how it was in DF A17

- Changed mod recipes back to using generic schematics.

- Made sure new mods unlock with science crafting

- Removed mod recipes and recipe unlocks that no longer exist.

- Changed DF Small 1 so you dont spawn on the cliff.

- Reinstated "wellness" from Alpha 16.

- Fixed near death to give -25% XP gained (instead of debt) and -10 health/stamina (wellness) per death.

- Slightly lowered Archery XP requirements for levelling.

- Slightly increased Automatics XP requirements for levelling.

- Rebalanced guns a little.

- Changed the junk turret magazine count.

- Increased stun baton damage.

- Rotten meat + water = nitrate.

- Medium and large trees can now drop feathers.

- Wheels in the roads can now drop tires.

- Wellness buff added to food and drink. (Adds some permanent health/stamina)

- Armor reworked so it's not as OP on the damage reduction.

- Item's should no longer scrap into "parts" since they were removed.

- Bomber zombies now do similar damage to the Demolition Zombie when they explode.

- Added a lot of the "Perk books" to action skills (Mining tools, Archery, Auto weapons, Blunt, Blades, Pistols, Shotguns, Rifles)

- Added a small wellness increase to athletics.

- One-block crouch enabled for the player.

- Construction tools skill removed because it was pointless.

- DFalls-Medium renamed to DFalls-Large.

- DFalls-Large, Small and Small 2 splat3 regenerated for A18 compatibility.

- DFalls-Small3 and Small4 added.

- Security Quest 5 now requires making Leather knuckles.

- Security Quest 6 now requires killing 5 zombies with Leather Knuckles.

- Starter quest is now "Go to trader" followed by "Find a home".

- Dying while clearing the POI for "Find a Home" does not result in a quest fail.

- Added a bedroll to the starting items.

- Tweaked the primitive bow to work like the iron bow, but only takes stone arrows.

- Fixed power attack sounds for multiple weapons.

- Enabled Sphereii's microsplat killer mod. Gives a sizeable FPS increase over vanilla. (some minor gfx bugs with POI's and basements if they're in 2 different chunks)

- Slightly increased damage of knives/machetes so they're viable melee weapons.

- Slightly increased stamina usage of knives/machetes.

- Decreased attack speed of knives. May need to rebalance these with machetes later as well.

- Removed Construction Tools requirement from the Concrete Mixing perk.

- Removed Cement Mixer from Advanced Engineering, because Hammer and Forge has it.

- Fixed trader guard guns breaking so they can't fire anymore.

- Updated 0-SphereIICore to include various NPC fixes, especially for MP.

- Rebalanced Scrap tools so they fit better between stone and iron, rather than being almost the same as iron.

- New starter item created.

- First two quests changed. (obtain items from the starter item, find trader)

- Added Tomatos, Carrots and Super Corn to the trader lists.

- Flour and Yeast added to cupboard loot lists.

- Trader quest rewards re-worked for better scaling (tier complete rewards may need tweaks, but this caused NRE's in A17).

- Removed unnecessary flagstone recipes and added the Shape Select version of the block to the workbench.

- Decreased grass spawns.

- Added Oignon Chaude's tablet minimap thing (scientist mastery, requires shadows to be ON to work, for now. Lowest setting is fine)

- Lowered raw meat counts on doe/stag and mountain lion.

- Kill zombie quest notes now give more XP and more coins.

- Kill animal quests now give more coin.

- 10 slot toolbelt added.

Should be on the launcher. I'll edit the main post in a few to add the new links.

Enjoy. :)

A little later than I intended due to some bugs that needed to be fixed, but Darkness Falls V2.4-EXPERIMENTAL-B1 is now on git for you all to enjoy. :) Notes as follows.

Awesome. Thanks for all the hard work. Downloading now, since sadly it seems there was indeed a mishap with modlauncher. Updated modlauncher and reinstalled, but not showing up.

Awesome. Thanks for all the hard work. Downloading now, since sadly it seems there was indeed a mishap with modlauncher. Updated modlauncher and reinstalled, but not showing up.

I do see it, select Alpha17 from the drop down, then 18 again and see if it pops in at the bottom.

The mod just keeps showing a black screen when done loading. Mod launcher gives me this error Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\Data ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\Mods ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\Data\Config ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\Data\Prefabs ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\7DaysToDie_Data ...

Copying is done.

Checking for DMT...

Scanning for Harmony

C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Harmony

C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\Mods\10 Slot Toolbelt\Harmony

C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\Mods\DarknessFalls\Harmony

C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\Mods\SphereII Legacy Distant Terrain\Harmony

Scanning for Scripts

Scanning for PatchScripts

DMT Scripts Detected.

Downloading DMT...

SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.

Starting SDX Launcher: C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\SDXRepos\DMTViewer.exe /Silent /ScriptOnly /GameFolder ../ /ModFolder ../Mods /EnableAllMods

0|Parsing arguments

0|Auto Build

process started /InitialPatch /GameFolder "../" /ModFolder "../Mods" /ScriptOnly /EnableAllMods

Parsing arguments

Running BackupFiles

This Assembly-CSharp.dll file has already been patched by SDX so can not be used as a backup. Reset your game files and try again.

Build failed

process exited with error code -1

SDX Exit Code: 0

SDX Successfully compiled.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -logfile 7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt -configfile=\SaveConfig.xml

Game Started