Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

4 hours ago, Opus said:

Will DF work with the Romero mod?

No, but DF has the wandering horde stuff included, so you  can just turn off bloodmoons and increase that.

Sphereii-core is also included so you can turn on the "headshot only" mode.

Is there a way to restore trader progression? 

So i had a power out while playing, and my character got reset. Still on the same day in game, still have my base and everything, but my character is reset to day 1. 

Restored my xp to same lvl as before, and got my action skills up via books from the creative menu. But is there a way to restore trader progression? Would suck to start over with the traders. 

Maybe there's a way to change it in some files? 

Any help would be amazing! 

Running into an issue on my multiplayer server. Randomly when I talk to traders my console pops open and doesn't let me move anymore even after I close console. It's happening to me and my buddy. Any known fixes?

1 minute ago, NinjaTurtleBear said:

Running into an issue on my multiplayer server. Randomly when I talk to traders my console pops open and doesn't let me move anymore even after I close console. It's happening to me and my buddy. Any known fixes?

I'm running my server through GPortal if that makes a difference

3 hours ago, boniis said:

Is there a way to restore trader progression? 

So i had a power out while playing, and my character got reset. Still on the same day in game, still have my base and everything, but my character is reset to day 1. 

Restored my xp to same lvl as before, and got my action skills up via books from the creative menu. But is there a way to restore trader progression? Would suck to start over with the traders. 

Maybe there's a way to change it in some files? 

Any help would be amazing! 

search for trader and make sure admin blocks are on. Look for icons like skill notes, but green. They give 1 per read.

2 hours ago, NinjaTurtleBear said:

I'm running my server through GPortal if that makes a difference

Try killing the trader and rebooting the server.

@NinjaTurtleBear Reboot definitly helps. Same problem with a G-portal server but no console error happening. FIrst i can´t talk to him, then i log out and join again and when i try to see the inventory, it doesn´t show up and i can move, but can´t look around. Only WSAD works, no mouse movement at all.

Dude. Get a grip of reality. Seriously. You need help constantly and show an attitude like that? You should maybe take a look and see who created Darkness Falls in the first post of this topic. @Spadaa

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

search for trader and make sure admin blocks are on. Look for icons like skill notes, but green. They give 1 per read.

Thank you very much. You are doing great work!

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@NinjaTurtleBear Reboot definitly helps. Same problem with a G-portal server but no console error happening. FIrst i can´t talk to him, then i log out and join again and when i try to see the inventory, it doesn´t show up and i can move, but can´t look around. Only WSAD works, no mouse movement at all.

Dude. Get a grip of reality. Seriously. You need help constantly and show an attitude like that? You should maybe take a look and see who created Darkness Falls in the first post of this topic. @Spadaa

Oh I have that person blocked, as per the moderators recommendations. Feel free to report him if he's being a nuisance.

On 4/26/2022 at 1:04 AM, KhaineGB said:

How do I get a deleted class quest back?

Since I got accidentially rid of one instead of a scout quest.

You have to use the console.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem ist: I tried the console and was unable to find the right comand. can you give me a slightly more precise tip, HOW to do it.

Thanks for the efford.  😉

@Gr.o.m. you need more pracsis how to quote 🙂

from the Discord FAQ

Q: How do I get a class quest back if I accidentally dropped it?

Use the following command: givequest questID Replace questID with: X is the quest level
quest_classtraininghunterX
quest_classtraininglaborerX
quest_classtrainingmechanicX
quest_classtrainingcivilianX (Scavenger)
quest_classtrainingscientistX
quest_classtrainingsecurityX
quest_classtrainingsurvivalistX

You need admin permissions and you can't use this command for another player without a server manager.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:15 PM, Canute said:

@Gr.o.m. you need more pracsis how to quote 🙂

from the Discord FAQ

Q: How do I get a class quest back if I accidentally dropped it?

Use the following command: givequest questID Replace questID with: X is the quest level
quest_classtraininghunterX
quest_classtraininglaborerX
quest_classtrainingmechanicX
quest_classtrainingcivilianX (Scavenger)
quest_classtrainingscientistX
quest_classtrainingsecurityX
quest_classtrainingsurvivalistX

You need admin permissions and you can't use this command for another player without a server manager.

Thanks Canute

The ease at which accounts can be created for this forum is somewhat worrying... But that aside, I have a few questions, and a little feedback regarding this mod:

PRE-GENERATED WORLDS

Do I have to use a pre-gen Darkness Falls map in order to get the custom PIO’s, or will they generate using the in-game system? Also, if I have already got a pre-generated map, with the Darkness Falls PIO’s be added to this on starting a new game, or do I have to re-generate the world to get them?

CIVILIAN CLASS

Does the Civilian Class even exist? There is no book option for this class, and it doesn't look like the player starts out with this quest already. Also the 2 red meat reward for Quest 2 seems lacking as it requires 5 to make one charred/boiled/grilled meat. I would suggest swapping this out to charred meat.

FARMER CLASS

Farmer Mastery seems too powerful. This gets all the seed crafting recipes, and a bunch of food crafting recipes. I would suggest splitting this into Farmer, and a new Chef/Cook class as follows:

Farmer Mastery - All seed recipes, basic food recipes.
Chef Mastery - All Food recipes. Questline as fitting this new class.

HUNTER CLASS

Hunter class should probably get the Hunter's Knife, rather than the scrap machete - assuming it is in the game.

LABOURER CLASS

Surprising to see Labourer isn't awarded a hammer, given other classes get a melee weapon or some description.

"SCIENTIST" CLASS

To be honest, this feels way more geared towards medicine than science. I would suggest renaming this to Medical Class, implying some kind of doctor, nurse, vetenarian or feild edic training and aa simple knife would be a more appropirate award than a machete. This also frees up "Scientist" for a new class with appropriate rewards:

Scientist Class - assuming the electrocutioner, robots etc are still in the game, these would do nicely as the new skill set, and reward theme.

SECURITY CLASS

I feel that Security class should also be given the pipe baton as Quest 1 reward, given it is the only specifically combat oriented class.  Having worked in security, I can vouch that non-lethal take downs are usually the priority, so batons, night-stickes, or even a heavy torch are often the go-to weaponry. The same applies to police, come to that.

SURVIVALIST CLASS

Not sure why they are given murky instead of boiled water at Quest 2, given that their whole deal is having prepared for the Apocalypse.  Tis should as least be boiled, and maybe even pure mineral IMO.  Also the whole "no reward" at Quest 4 seems unfair, and contrary to every other class. I'm sure that something can be offered here - maybe a few torches, and some herbal antibiotics or whatever.

This aside, I've only been playing around with the game for a short time, but I'm already liking the feel of it. Seems to be Darkness Falls does for 7 Days to Die, what Better than Wolves does for MineCraft, adn that can't be a bad thing :3

Haven't had to chance to really look into this yet, but is anyone running this on Rocky Linux?

If so any issues with connecting to it?

Information I have:

Vanilla works fine no issues. When I add DF Mod and just change the map to a DF map in the config (does not matter which one), myself and my friends can no longer connect to the server. I can say A19 w/DF Mod did have the same issue but after a second try we were able to connect.

Work has me swamped and I have not had much time to even be on my computer nor a chance to log into my server and look at logs as I said off the bat. But figured I'd put this out there in case someone is running Rocky Linux or similar (CentOS, RH, Alma Linux) and is working no problem or had issues but resolved it.

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, Moopers said:

PRE-GENERATED WORLDS

Do I have to use a pre-gen Darkness Falls map in order to get the custom PIO’s, or will they generate using the in-game system? Also, if I have already got a pre-generated map, with the Darkness Falls PIO’s be added to this on starting a new game, or do I have to re-generate the world to get them?

You can use either a pre-gen DF map or randowm map.

BUT (copy from the Discord FAQ)

RWG (Random World Gen) now works for Darkness Falls, in that it will place POIs in the correct biomes - however (and this is especially true for small maps) it is not guaranteed to place all POIs. ⚠️If you’re going to use RWG, you must check that the following POIs exist. If not, you can manually place them (although that’s beyond the scope of this FAQ).

DFalls_Annas_House - Any non-wasteland city,Khaine prefers forest.
DFalls_Eves_Camp - Desert
DFalls_Military_Bunker - Snow
DFalls_Razors_House - Forest (desert would probably be ok too)
DFalls_Resarch_Lab1 - Wasteland
DFalls_settlement_caitlin - Wasteland
To check if a POI exists, you enable debug mode, then choose POI Teleporter from the in-game menu, then search for DFalls. @DF insane is the real experience has a video showing how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff2vTqGy0fI

The Class information from the start page is a bit outdated.

And not sure if the quest reward from the page are still uptodate either.

Yes, Civilian don't exit anymore, but like at the vanilla game you can get a bicyle from enough quests for a trader 🙂

Personaly i like to start as farmer or hunter, since food is at the beginning a big shortage.

8 hours ago, Moopers said:

The ease at which accounts can be created for this forum is somewhat worrying... But that aside, I have a few questions, and a little feedback regarding this mod:

PRE-GENERATED WORLDS

CIVILIAN CLASS

Does the Civilian Class even exist? There is no book option for this class, and it doesn't look like the player starts out with this quest already. Also the 2 red meat reward for Quest 2 seems lacking as it requires 5 to make one charred/boiled/grilled meat. I would suggest swapping this out to charred meat.

FARMER CLASS

Farmer Mastery seems too powerful. This gets all the seed crafting recipes, and a bunch of food crafting recipes. I would suggest splitting this into Farmer, and a new Chef/Cook class as follows:

Farmer Mastery - All seed recipes, basic food recipes.
Chef Mastery - All Food recipes. Questline as fitting this new class.

HUNTER CLASS

Hunter class should probably get the Hunter's Knife, rather than the scrap machete - assuming it is in the game.

LABOURER CLASS

Surprising to see Labourer isn't awarded a hammer, given other classes get a melee weapon or some description.

"SCIENTIST" CLASS

To be honest, this feels way more geared towards medicine than science. I would suggest renaming this to Medical Class, implying some kind of doctor, nurse, vetenarian or feild edic training and aa simple knife would be a more appropirate award than a machete. This also frees up "Scientist" for a new class with appropriate rewards:

Scientist Class - assuming the electrocutioner, robots etc are still in the game, these would do nicely as the new skill set, and reward theme.

SECURITY CLASS

I feel that Security class should also be given the pipe baton as Quest 1 reward, given it is the only specifically combat oriented class.  Having worked in security, I can vouch that non-lethal take downs are usually the priority, so batons, night-stickes, or even a heavy torch are often the go-to weaponry. The same applies to police, come to that.

SURVIVALIST CLASS

Not sure why they are given murky instead of boiled water at Quest 2, given that their whole deal is having prepared for the Apocalypse.  Tis should as least be boiled, and maybe even pure mineral IMO.  Also the whole "no reward" at Quest 4 seems unfair, and contrary to every other class. I'm sure that something can be offered here - maybe a few torches, and some herbal antibiotics or whatever.

This aside, I've only been playing around with the game for a short time, but I'm already liking the feel of it. Seems to be Darkness Falls does for 7 Days to Die, what Better than Wolves does for MineCraft, adn that can't be a bad thing :3

Civilian doesn't exist anymore. It's scavenger.

If I did that with farmer, I 100% guarantee basically no one would take either class, or complain they needed "buffing" to be useful (like how everyone in the discord is saying survivalist does)

Hunter isn't getting the hunting knife when it already gets a hunting rifle and silencer.

Laborer is a building class, not a fighting class. That's why they got a nailgun.

Scientist isn't getting renamed just to add a new class. There's no point adding more classes and diluting stuff even more. Hell, right now we're talking about getting rid of at least 1 class.

Security probably will get the baton. Don't forget that the class existed long before the pipe baton did.

They get murky water because they have to cook it? It's a Survivalist class, not a PREPPER class.

1 hour ago, Canute said:

-lots of stuff-

Okay thanks for the tip on worlds. I think prolly go with a DF pre-gen map, given I don't wanna spoiler anything teleporting around the map. Thanks also for letting me know the info is in need of updating. I downloaded from the mods site after all.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

-also a bunch of stuff-

Okay cool, thanks for replying. Shame that you're thinking of removing classes rather than add to them though.

9 hours ago, Dope M.S.R. said:

Haven't had to chance to really look into this yet, but is anyone running this on Rocky Linux?

If so any issues with connecting to it?

Information I have:

Vanilla works fine no issues. When I add DF Mod and just change the map to a DF map in the config (does not matter which one), myself and my friends can no longer connect to the server. I can say A19 w/DF Mod did have the same issue but after a second try we were able to connect.

Work has me swamped and I have not had much time to even be on my computer nor a chance to log into my server and look at logs as I said off the bat. But figured I'd put this out there in case someone is running Rocky Linux or similar (CentOS, RH, Alma Linux) and is working no problem or had issues but resolved it.

Thanks in advance!

What I noticed (with a DF mid-march version and alpha20.3 on ubuntu) and what may still be a problem is that sometimes loading the game seems to hang.

But when I then access the console and try to execute any nonsense command (like a single "d" followed by <return>) the loading continues. 

Not sure if this is your problem because you didn't give any details about your problem except of "doesn't work"

Looking for tips or suggestions from other players how to become better at mining minerals. It seems as soon as I dig a hole somebody drops in on me or a screamer appears, even though I am using pickaxe, nothing motorized.  Any way to minimize chance of disruption - I normally circle the area killing any wandering zombies before I start digging but they just drop in.. Would building a walled enclosure around the hole that I dig hold up as a strategy - I believe zombies can dig but not sure how quickly? 

Thanks

I hope you mine crouched/sneaking while mining ? That reduce the noise you generate further.

I think the muffeled connector armor mod's reduce action noise too and not only movement noise, they can help too.

A wandering horde never move straight to your location, just pass you normaly location at 20-50m.  Mosttimes you hear them and should stop mining for a bit.

A friend allways like to build a 3x3 or 5x5 cheap wall's on top, with door and hatch. Wich prevent single Z's to walk over your dighole and come down for use. But won't protect you for long against a horde.

When your digging area became bigger you should think about a second exit.

When you don't like to build wall's on top, you should place a robotic turret at your back, that definitiv help you gainst some single visiting Z.

When you plan a big Wasteland mining, you maybe should think about to place 2 autoturrets + generator on top as anti-screamer defence. With a claim block you can pickup them later