Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

7 hours ago, BulletDodgeFail said:

Khaine, we all value your time and effort.

Regards,

BDF

I did get a new dev build done today for the testers. May push it out for everyone else in a few... just letting them kick the tyres a bit.

Edited by Crater Creator
off topic, meta-forum commentary (see edit history)

A noob question about agriculture. I understand biomes have specific minerals and agriculture associated with them. I want to know whether fruit plants can only be grown in the biome in which they are found. Put another way, can I plant apple trees in a desert biome and expect them to produce fruit consistently - as trees do not require irrigation to grow. 

Thanks

P.S. Those vultures in the desert are no joke. Serious as a heart attack !!

I've cleaned up recent posts, so that the thread can stay on the topic of the Darkness Falls mod without distractions.  The last thing I want to say about it is that the forum does have a block/ignore feature, as described in the Explanation of Features and Guidelines.

4.    Blocking/Ignoring Users

If you and another user aren’t getting along, you can block specific users so that you don’t see their posts. Understand that by blocking users, you may miss out on important parts of a discussion.

On the official forum, add or remove users from your ignore list by clicking on your user name at the top of the page and selecting Ignored Users.

On Steam, go to a user’s Profile -> More -> Block All Communication.

1 hour ago, newbie said:

A noob question about agriculture. I understand biomes have specific minerals and agriculture associated with them. I want to know whether fruit plants can only be grown in the biome in which they are found. Put another way, can I plant apple trees in a desert biome and expect them to produce fruit consistently - as trees do not require irrigation to grow. 

They do, plant them as usual.

6 hours ago, newbie said:

Biome's don't matter, for your own farming.

I planted Apple seed's on ice, and my potato's and corn grows well at the ice biome too.

Don't forget to place a new scarecrow next to your water needed plant's, that let them grow even when you are far away.

@KhaineGB, it is intended that Z's attach the scarecrows ? They are  good distraction targets.

4 hours ago, Canute said:

Biome's don't matter, for your own farming.

I planted Apple seed's on ice, and my potato's and corn grows well at the ice biome too.

Don't forget to place a new scarecrow next to your water needed plant's, that let them grow even when you are far away.

@KhaineGB, it is intended that Z's attach the scarecrows ? They are  good distraction targets.

Yep

Alright folks, here's an early access dev build! Honestly, there's not a lot of change from 4.03, it's mostly just tweaks to allow DF to work from the new modfolder location for folks who want to do that.

V4.03A-DEV-B1

- Added Krunch's 8k map and required POI's.
- Scoutsmod updated to run from any folder, and compiled into the main DF DLL file.
- Scoutsmod now configurable via blocks.xml (info is at the bottom of the file).
- Darkness Falls XML updated to allow it to run from any folder (including the new mod folder).

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zPkbTcnn9LOlpWbQPoGX0tqN2ywgskan/view?usp=sharing

This IS save compatible. I tested it. However the amount of zombies the screamers spawn is... a bit high. If you wanna change it, it's at the bottom of blocks XML in 0-DarknessFallsCore/Config

If you don't wanna change it... good luck? :D

On 4/28/2022 at 8:42 PM, KhaineGB said:

Hugh should have them as well.

However I did intend for all traders to at LEAST have wood, stone, clay and sand. So I'll be looking into that.

Other people have said removing the quest, rebooting the game and talking to him again fixes it. No idea why.

TFP always recommend a wipe when you update to a new alpha. There's not a lot I can do about it.

Can this be a feature? That honestly sounds like a blast! could you imagine if too many demons stay in a spot too long on horde night a portal spawns. 

Also, the map i was using is dfmeduim 1, NOCP. So not sure why eve did not spawn. I am on the big krunch map and i like it better so it all works out. 

When you fail the quest, then your map prolly miss Eve.

@Master Khaine: "When you have generated a world, load it up, type tppoi and make sure you have the following POI's:

DFalls_Annas_House

DFalls_Eves_Camp

DFalls_Military_Bunker

DFalls_Razors_House

DFalls_Resarch_Lab1

DFalls_settlement_caitlin

But since that map got provide by the DF package, all the DF POI's should be there.

Did you use DFalls-KrunchMap-Large-12k or maybe an alternate one without DF(alls) prefix ?

1 hour ago, Canute said:

When you fail the quest, then your map prolly miss Eve.

But since that map got provide by the DF package, all the DF POI's should be there.

Did you use DFalls-KrunchMap-Large-12k or maybe an alternate one without DF(alls) prefix ?

It was krunchmap large 12k. I found anna, and razor, but i auto fail the eve quest

i will try that tppoi command later on to see what happens. 

Also, are there supposed to be bandits? i am not seeing bandits. 

Edited by SenpaiThatIngnoresYou (see edit history)

@KhaineGB Can we expect CP maps in the near future? Not trying to stress, we just would start on a rwg one (yeah i know what this means), but if it´s around the corner we might wait.

@SenpaiThatIngnoresYou Questline does indeed work fine on the 12K Krunch map, i could complete all quests with no problems. And if you mean survivors, yeah those do spawn. 

No he mean Bandits, similar to survivor's but hostile against you.

They was at previous version of the mod and maybe they come back at future (only Khaine know's 🙂 )

But they are like survivor's more or less just a joke

Last night, my wife and I were playing and the power went on and off in the house. We got the game back up and running only to find that her character had completely reset. I checked to see if the .bak file could restore her .ttp file but that had reset as well. We decided to use the creative menu and the console commands that we knew to get her as close to her original level as possible. I was trying to get things like her athletics skills raised up but couldn't figure out the command. The "buffplayer" command seemed to give her the affects of raising her athletics, but didn't actually translate into the skill itself. Do you know if there is a console command that would raise this or does she just need to go in and read the books in the CM that add the skill points to things such as mining and athletics?

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@KhaineGB Can we expect CP maps in the near future? Not trying to stress, we just would start on a rwg one (yeah i know what this means), but if it´s around the corner we might wait.

@SenpaiThatIngnoresYou Questline does indeed work fine on the 12K Krunch map, i could complete all quests with no problems. And if you mean survivors, yeah those do spawn. 

Yes. We've started going through the POI's to see what's appropriate to include

21 minutes ago, bjurney said:

Last night, my wife and I were playing and the power went on and off in the house. We got the game back up and running only to find that her character had completely reset. I checked to see if the .bak file could restore her .ttp file but that had reset as well. We decided to use the creative menu and the console commands that we knew to get her as close to her original level as possible. I was trying to get things like her athletics skills raised up but couldn't figure out the command. The "buffplayer" command seemed to give her the affects of raising her athletics, but didn't actually translate into the skill itself. Do you know if there is a console command that would raise this or does she just need to go in and read the books in the CM that add the skill points to things such as mining and athletics?

Give her the action skill books and just read them. It's 2 per read

In the vanilla game you can increase the 'robot active range' for robotic sledge via the robotics perk:  this controls how close you need to stand to the robot to ensure it is active.   Is there an equivalent perk/ability (etc) in Darkness Falls  ?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, newbie said:

In the vanilla game you can increase the 'robot active range' for robotic sledge via the robotics perk:  this controls how close you need to stand to the robot to ensure it is active.   Is there an equivalent perk/ability (etc) in Darkness Falls  ?

Thanks

Yes, it´s called "Robotics Inventor" and it´s locked behind the mechanics class.