Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

12 hours ago, Twistediron said:

About the region stuff yes i added that to the config. My problem is the server after both updates [game, mod update] now wont fully load. And thanks for the info about the Krunch  map.

Check your log. Some people seem to have the various harmony patches loading twice, which is breaking things.

As I said, I tested it by downloaded the dedi software and patching it and it works fine for me.

1 hour ago, Kato I said:

Hi friends! :) To disassemble ammo, I have to press "A". But, if there are a lot of ammo, how to speed up the process?

Click it with the mouse and press A as well.

Hi! I self-host a 7dtd dedicated server for a few friends via Docker on a Linux machine, and I wanted to try out the Darkness Falls mod, as it gets a ton of positive feedback wherever 7dtd is talked about online. I've been able to get Undead Legacy working in the past, and Darkness Falls seems to have fewer requirements and a very dedicated following. 

So far, I got the mod installed on the server and client, and I'm able to connect using the goofy new server browser without much of a problem. Looking forward to trying this mod out!

The only hiccup I've encountered: I've used CSMM to manage my server instances in the past, and that requires Alloc's Server Fixes. However, when I tried to install Alloc's Server Fixes (v22_24_39) on this new DarknessFalls server, I see errors in the logs that indicate that Alloc's mods fail to load. 

I tried searching this thread to see if anyone else has mentioned Alloc's fixes, but I didn't see anything.

Anyone have any insight one getting a DF server working with CSMM? Or should I expect that I won't be able to connect the DF server to CSMM?

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Works for me. I keep my cursor on open and just spam both. Makes it go faster.

Other users have installed AutoHotkey and just used that.

Sure a macro works, but still annoying.

Since you made the ammo at the metal workbench, can't you add recipes to diassemble them ?

Not sure, but i remember there was an ammo press table in the past with that feature.

6 minutes ago, mcpeen said:

Hi! I self-host a 7dtd dedicated server for a few friends via Docker on a Linux machine, and I wanted to try out the Darkness Falls mod, as it gets a ton of positive feedback wherever 7dtd is talked about online. I've been able to get Undead Legacy working in the past, and Darkness Falls seems to have fewer requirements and a very dedicated following. 

So far, I got the mod installed on the server and client, and I'm able to connect using the goofy new server browser without much of a problem. Looking forward to trying this mod out!

The only hiccup I've encountered: I've used CSMM to manage my server instances in the past, and that requires Alloc's Server Fixes. However, when I tried to install Alloc's Server Fixes (v22_24_39) on this new DarknessFalls server, I see errors in the logs that indicate that Alloc's mods fail to load. 

I tried searching this thread to see if anyone else has mentioned Alloc's fixes, but I didn't see anything.

Anyone have any insight one getting a DF server working with CSMM? Or should I expect that I won't be able to connect the DF server to CSMM?

Thanks in advance

Don't use a docker. It doesn't play nice. No, I don't know why. Just spin up a VM or run it as a service.

2 minutes ago, Canute said:

Sure a macro works, but still annoying.

Since you made the ammo at the metal workbench, can't you add recipes to diassemble them ?

Not sure, but i remember there was an ammo press table in the past with that feature.

Not happening.

1) It adds recipe bloat.
2) You only get 1 item back and I guarantee people will complain and expect me to do some C# patches to return multiple items.

4 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Don't use a docker. It doesn't play nice. No, I don't know why. Just spin up a VM or run it as a service.

I appreciate the quick reply, and I will consider this, my DF server runs nicely in Docker so far, just unable to get a working server manager integration.

But irrespective of Docker, your implication is that Alloc's mods (or any server manager tools) are generally compatible with DF? I saw in your documentation how vigilant you are about introducing other mods & modlets, just want to make sure that that mostly everything is copacetic otherwise. 

Hi khaine, question about the sellables of the traders, it seems that now only rekt has raw materials like stone clay iron etc. The others don't have them at all, not even with barter and scavenger perks fully upgraded. After early game to mid and beginning of mid to end i tend to go to the traders just to buy raw materials. Can you please go back to that every trader has at least the raw materials sellables available? The other specific things like science, mods, engines ammo weps armor etc to be more trader specific is cool by me but to only let rekt sell the raw mats is a bit too inconvenient imo. Great work on darkness falls as always tho but hope that this can get fixed in some way

Having a problem with Razor's first quest. Completed the initial White River scouts quests and got directed to Razor. His first quest is to get resources (with a shovel). The location is described as nearby but  there is no directional arrow when quest is active and the show on map button indicates no specific location associated with quest. How do I find where the quest location is ?  Thanks

1 hour ago, newbie said:

Having a problem with Razor's first quest. Completed the initial White River scouts quests and got directed to Razor. His first quest is to get resources (with a shovel). The location is described as nearby but  there is no directional arrow when quest is active and the show on map button indicates no specific location associated with quest. How do I find where the quest location is ?  Thanks

That you don't have any "!" to activate is a rare bug.

Try to delete the quest and get a new one from Razor.

1 hour ago, newbie said:

when that happened to me, i discovered i got sent to Razor before my faction rep was high enough. i did standard scout quests through tier3, and then Razor's quest behaved properly

Important is your reputation for White river, not what tier mission the trader/scout offer.

If you know you can see your reputations with all traders at the 2.page of your character sheet.

Yes you can be send to Razor, mosttimes by a regular trader quest "Open trade route". That is different from when a scout send you to Razor.

When i started 2 times with DFNavezgane, i got allways send to Razor too, because it is the closest "trader" to the starting point.

Important is your reputation for White river, not what tier mission the trader/scout offer.

If you know you can see your reputations with all traders at the 2.page of your character sheet.

Thanks to everyone who has responded. My reputation with White River is 10 - I confirmed.  I grinded the level 1&2 quests for the first White River scout. I was also sent to Razor by the White River scout and not the trader - although the White River Scout  did list this as 'Open Trade Route' under the  other work category. I have never gotten this far before  so this is all new to me. I noticed that Razor only offers me the one get resources quest . Is that expected ?

I deleted the quest and again was only offered the resource quest and again still have no marker on the map. When I go into quest page and select the 'show the location on the map' option for the quest it returns message that the quest has no specific location. 

Edited by newbie (see edit history)

Hi Khaine, our group of players just updated to the newest version of 7d2d (20.4) and DF 4.03

Our base is full of Demon Portals and overrun beyond rescue ... any way to fix that with server variables or something similar?spacer.png

Thank you very much for this wonderful mod by the way, here's six people cheering you on!

8 hours ago, Elbarz said:

Hi khaine, question about the sellables of the traders, it seems that now only rekt has raw materials like stone clay iron etc. The others don't have them at all, not even with barter and scavenger perks fully upgraded. After early game to mid and beginning of mid to end i tend to go to the traders just to buy raw materials. Can you please go back to that every trader has at least the raw materials sellables available? The other specific things like science, mods, engines ammo weps armor etc to be more trader specific is cool by me but to only let rekt sell the raw mats is a bit too inconvenient imo. Great work on darkness falls as always tho but hope that this can get fixed in some way

Hugh should have them as well.

However I did intend for all traders to at LEAST have wood, stone, clay and sand. So I'll be looking into that.

8 hours ago, newbie said:

Other people have said removing the quest, rebooting the game and talking to him again fixes it. No idea why.

4 hours ago, seppomatik said:

Hi Khaine, our group of players just updated to the newest version of 7d2d (20.4) and DF 4.03

Our base is full of Demon Portals and overrun beyond rescue ... any way to fix that with server variables or something similar?spacer.png

Thank you very much for this wonderful mod by the way, here's six people cheering you on!

TFP always recommend a wipe when you update to a new alpha. There's not a lot I can do about it.

This Mod is just ridiculous

There is no balance between Horde fighting and scavenging it's only about Horde fighting

Screamer spawning Screamer which Screamer spawn more Screamer and so forth short= endless waves of zeds.

i had yesterday a case where i was sitting on a roof for 3 hours straight killing of zeds it's just stupid and makes no fun.

Seriously fix that with the Screamers i mean what is this?

It's 3 times more worse than every bloodmoon horde the vanilla game throw at me...

Edited by meganoth
Profantiy, personal attacks (see edit history)

I've been trying to track all of the farming changes being made to both DF and the base game, and I'm looking for a sort of compiled list of farm-related changes to A20.* that DF makes.

I know that it:

• adds harvestable trees and more crops
  • adds an irrigation system
  • crops require water to grow and consume it as they advance in growth stages
  • adds a rain barrel that generates water to deal with the previous requirement
  • sets the crop cycle to 2 full IRL hours
  • adds scarecrows to keep farm chunks loaded on the server
  • allows the 'action' (E) key to harvest without needing to punch

1) Is that list complete?

2) Does DF use the A20 mechanic that harvesting the plant destroys it and has a base 50% chance to yield a seed from the harvest? This is totally idiotic. Every generation of plants will produce half as many as the previous without some expert intervening. That's not how plants work of could ever work and is a feeble way of balancing a game that already has active people consuming multiple entire pigs per day. And it needlessly adds even more RNG to a game already overburdened with it. There's a mod that restores farming to A19 mechanics, and I will get started extending that mod to include DF crops unless someone tells me that there is a DF-specific harvesting mechanic that differs from A20. If someone has already made a mod that is compatible with DF that reverts harvesting crops to A19 rules (or anything less stupid than A20, low bar), I'd appreciate a pointer to it.

Thanks in advance,

BDF

1 minute ago, BulletDodgeFail said:

I've been trying to track all of the farming changes being made to both DF and the base game, and I'm looking for a sort of compiled list of farm-related changes to A20.* that DF makes.

I know that it:

• adds harvestable trees and more crops
  • adds an irrigation system
  • crops require water to grow and consume it as they advance in growth stages
  • adds a rain barrel that generates water to deal with the previous requirement
  • sets the crop cycle to 2 full IRL hours
  • adds scarecrows to keep farm chunks loaded on the server
  • allows the 'action' (E) key to harvest without needing to punch

1) Is that list complete?

2) Does DF use the A20 mechanic that harvesting the plant destroys it and has a base 50% chance to yield a seed from the harvest? This is totally idiotic. Every generation of plants will produce half as many as the previous without some expert intervening. That's not how plants work of could ever work and is a feeble way of balancing a game that already has active people consuming multiple entire pigs per day. And it needlessly adds even more RNG to a game already overburdened with it. There's a mod that restores farming to A19 mechanics, and I will get started extending that mod to include DF crops unless someone tells me that there is a DF-specific harvesting mechanic that differs from A20. If someone has already made a mod that is compatible with DF that reverts harvesting crops to A19 rules (or anything less stupid than A20, low bar), I'd appreciate a pointer to it.

Thanks in advance,

BDF

1) Yep, looks complete. There's fertalizer as well to skip a growth stage, but it's currently bugged (fix scheduled for 4.1)
2) No, it does not. It uses the A19 system where the plant goes back to seed.