Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

1 hour ago, Magnara said:

WHY...just why, are all old versions of DF removed when a new one comes out?

We updated to DF4.03 and Alpha20.4, our old map doesn't work anymore. Now we wanted DF4.02 back, and we can't find it anywhere. That really sucks.

So we are forced to start over again -.-

(somebody said the old map can be used with 4.03, but it don't)

Did you look at the first page in this thread and the third post down?

50 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Did you look at the first page in this thread and the third post down?

Yeah. But its still DF4.03.

When we join our server with A20.3 and DF4.03 we really can't play together. A friend of mine can add me to group ingame, i'm in his group, but hes not with me.

He can share quests, i can't (cause i'm "solo").

And with A20.4, we can't play our map.

So we need DF 4.02 back, but can't get it

3 hours ago, Magnara said:

WHY...just why, are all old versions of DF removed when a new one comes out?

We updated to DF4.03 and Alpha20.4, our old map doesn't work anymore. Now we wanted DF4.02 back, and we can't find it anywhere. That really sucks.

So we are forced to start over again -.-

(somebody said the old map can be used with 4.03, but it don't)

Because I have to update the git where the mod is hosted.

That's why.

If I don't do that, I have to mess about with launcher config files and bug sphereii to maintain multiple versions.

On 4/26/2022 at 1:04 AM, KhaineGB said:

You have to use the console.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, 20.4 is in stable now, so Darkness Falls V4.03 is now released!

Patch notes are literally "Updated the mod to work with 20.4" and that's it. Folks running the dev build said saves transfered from 4.02 to 4.03 with no problems. Compo Pack stuff will come later after we've curated the list, so it'll be like 4.03A or something.

Download Link: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA20 (click the 3 dots, select download as zip)
Alt Download Link: https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a20/-/tree/main (click the icon next to clone and then zip) (edited)

Hi there! 

I have been enjoying your Mod Khaine!

But there is one very strange coincidence ever since i got the mod installed.

Me and my friends been enjoying playing through hamachi 7 days to die, And ever since we started playing your mod. We started experiencing latency spikes. That can last for more than 5 seconds. Our hamachi reports Timed out issues...  and this has been happening ever since we installed Darkness Falls. And now this lag spike issue has even persist playing through steam servers aswell. 

This is a big coincidence that it started ever since we installed Darkness falls... Been a full week now and we're still experiencing this issue in all our games now.

Have your file been tagged with a virus?

this was the link you had up on that day that we downloaded https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/DarknessFallsA20/_git/DarknessFallsA20?path=%2F&version=GC439069e64eea63d333c7391281c4c00c96aa2030

On 5/2/2022 at 12:59 PM, KhaineGB said:

Yes and it's going to take a while

On the CP topic, have you read some of the posts since it's release? If so, do you plan on removing the POI's created by MichaelL.Apparently permission was not given for his POI's to be included in CP, but they were left in and Stallionsden has so far refused to remove them. As much as i want to play DF with CP for all the extra cool POI's.. i can not in good conscience play a pack that includes someone's work who did not give permission for it to be used. 

8 hours ago, BafJo said:

Hi there! 

I have been enjoying your Mod Khaine!

But there is one very strange coincidence ever since i got the mod installed.

Me and my friends been enjoying playing through hamachi 7 days to die, And ever since we started playing your mod. We started experiencing latency spikes. That can last for more than 5 seconds. Our hamachi reports Timed out issues...  and this has been happening ever since we installed Darkness Falls. And now this lag spike issue has even persist playing through steam servers aswell. 

This is a big coincidence that it started ever since we installed Darkness falls... Been a full week now and we're still experiencing this issue in all our games now.

Have your file been tagged with a virus?

this was the link you had up on that day that we downloaded https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/DarknessFallsA20/_git/DarknessFallsA20?path=%2F&version=GC439069e64eea63d333c7391281c4c00c96aa2030

No, there's no virus in the mod.

And the only reason to be using Hamachi for playing MP is because you have a pirated version. That's it. Stop using it.

8 hours ago, Chronicguy said:

On the CP topic, have you read some of the posts since it's release? If so, do you plan on removing the POI's created by MichaelL.Apparently permission was not given for his POI's to be included in CP, but they were left in and Stallionsden has so far refused to remove them. As much as i want to play DF with CP for all the extra cool POI's.. i can not in good conscience play a pack that includes someone's work who did not give permission for it to be used. 

I have not. Got any links? Cos if that's the case, I definitely will NOT include them in DF.

10 hours ago, Chronicguy said:

He doesn´t refuse to remove it. He simply doesn´t want to release a new version just to remove one POI. It will be removed once he updates the compopack.

And it seems that the mods/admins removed the whole convo from the thread. It´s about this POI though @KhaineGB

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/21900-magolis-compo-pack-by-the-compopack/?do=findComment&comment=484264

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

8 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

No, there's no virus in the mod.

And the only reason to be using Hamachi for playing MP is because you have a pirated version. That's it. Stop using it.

Hamachi Version is from the official site. Been using it for years! But if you mean I am using a pirated game, I can send you my Steam profile so you can view my profile for the game is that appease you, Can even invite me there and we can have a talk before making major assumptions. 

It provides much better connectivity than using Steam multiplayer feature. Friends joining over steam had ping over 90.This becomes even worse when my american friends join through steam and experience 450+ping, But through hamachi my friends have 30-50 ping and my american friends with 280ping through hamachi. So big improvement and reason to use hamachi to play games that support lan. 

We discovered your mod through Neebs Gaming, And we have never in our lives used mods for 7days to die. We played atleast 6 hours of your mod and we had some rough times cause its quite different from base game. First  two days we started starving and heck the oranges and tomatoes can cause food poisoning killed two of us, its quite nice to replay the game with whole different set of rules now. 

I had no means to offend you and your mod but all this started since We installed your mod.

It could be coincidence, they may be working on the lines between South africa and overseas. 

Edited by BafJo (see edit history)

On 5/3/2022 at 3:11 AM, Canute said:

If you like you can try to edit your world and replace an existing POI with Eve.

At page 366 we allready discuss about it, and i did it myself on a server and i am a serveradmin noob.

Just don't forget to delete the chunk, when you edit/replace the POI on an allready visited chunk.

Btw. Eve is original placed at the desert.

I am glad you told me about tppoi, i was going to go and fly around with the gyro copter and try to find something that was not there. I did not realize that there were other pois missing until i did the reinstall. I was missing a prison and woodbury town. So it seems i was missing walking dead reference pois. 

On 5/4/2022 at 3:28 PM, newbie said:

My goal/expectation is not to outrun ferals. My current situation is that due to the number of times I have died (sigh) my wellness is never much greater than health nut minimum: I am drinking apple/orange juice. So as soon as I get hit by a zombie, especially a feral, I am near death. I was hoping to be able to get more resilience by selecting security. Your comments have also made me consider scavenger as my third choice. Maybe I need to focus now on getting these two classes as I have sufficient supplies to make two class books.  

Can you explain which bladed perk gives you life leech ? 

Thanks again

I think it's because he put the bar brawling perks under both blunt AND bladed, so if you put points in that you get those benefits. 

If your wellness is taking a hit, then i recommend beer, which adds 5 wellness each time. i also recommend popping vitamins every time you see them. Wellness is a very sneaky mechanic and i see why the fun pimps dropped it, because if you keep it high then it makes the game easier, but if you take too many beatings at once, then the game becomes drastically harder. The beer + beef stew combo is 8 wellness and goes a long way AND beef stew fills you up. 

Also the most hilarious bug we have encountered is Doors in DF.

I like how the doors works in darknessfalls. Having to break the lock and then you can open it, But now there is a bug...

Sometimes theres doors thats locked for me but not for my friends, They literally phase through the door, like walk through a locked door, but on their ends the door is already opened.

I see my friends at times killing zombies thats banging on doors thats closed and locked. And on my friends ends they see a zombie bashing on nothing cause the door is open on their side.

This has never been a issue on base game in all my hours having played 7 days to die 

Edited by BafJo (see edit history)

OK, thanks.

Another question: Is it known, that if you for example has skilled mechanic to 4 so you build a 4x4 truck, and you have the death debuff, you can't craft it cause you "don't have the skill"?

Not sure if it has been mentioned, I think there is a bug with buying the 100k master laborer skill from trader hugh. I have everything in the laborer tree unlocked but mastery is still red and says requirements not met.   Should be high enough level (48) and haven't died yet, does laborer require a higher level to unlock its mastery?

Sorry for the delay, folks. IRL very, very busy atm.

TL;DR - Rescued mum and kittens, and a kitten. My house is full of cats right now.

On 5/5/2022 at 7:27 PM, BafJo said:

Hamachi Version is from the official site. Been using it for years! But if you mean I am using a pirated game, I can send you my Steam profile so you can view my profile for the game is that appease you, Can even invite me there and we can have a talk before making major assumptions. 

It provides much better connectivity than using Steam multiplayer feature. Friends joining over steam had ping over 90.This becomes even worse when my american friends join through steam and experience 450+ping, But through hamachi my friends have 30-50 ping and my american friends with 280ping through hamachi. So big improvement and reason to use hamachi to play games that support lan. 

We discovered your mod through Neebs Gaming, And we have never in our lives used mods for 7days to die. We played atleast 6 hours of your mod and we had some rough times cause its quite different from base game. First  two days we started starving and heck the oranges and tomatoes can cause food poisoning killed two of us, its quite nice to replay the game with whole different set of rules now. 

I had no means to offend you and your mod but all this started since We installed your mod.

It could be coincidence, they may be working on the lines between South africa and overseas. 

The thing is, Hamachi isn't needed or required if you actually own the game via steam. If you're having that many problems, I would suggest running the actual dedi build on someone's server, they connect to it, and then you all connect to them via steam. Works WAY better.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but it's very hard for me to provide support for a non-standard connection method. My recommendation would be to run single player and ensure that it works as expected. If it does, it's your networking connection method.

6 hours ago, BafJo said:

Also the most hilarious bug we have encountered is Doors in DF.

I like how the doors works in darknessfalls. Having to break the lock and then you can open it, But now there is a bug...

Sometimes theres doors thats locked for me but not for my friends, They literally phase through the door, like walk through a locked door, but on their ends the door is already opened.

I see my friends at times killing zombies thats banging on doors thats closed and locked. And on my friends ends they see a zombie bashing on nothing cause the door is open on their side.

This has never been a issue on base game in all my hours having played 7 days to die 

Server desync issue. And yes, it happens in vanilla too.

5 hours ago, Magnara said:

OK, thanks.

Another question: Is it known, that if you for example has skilled mechanic to 4 so you build a 4x4 truck, and you have the death debuff, you can't craft it cause you "don't have the skill"?

You died. It lowers stats by 1 while the debuff is active.

51 minutes ago, Chale said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned, I think there is a bug with buying the 100k master laborer skill from trader hugh. I have everything in the laborer tree unlocked but mastery is still red and says requirements not met.   Should be high enough level (48) and haven't died yet, does laborer require a higher level to unlock its mastery?

Level 50 for laborer.

25 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Server desync issue. And yes, it happens in vanilla too.

Well then in all my 427 hours of playing the game on steam and having joined friends servers and having had friends join me. This is the first.

I can provide images of Ping difference when joining through steam vs hamachi.   Port forward is even better

5 minutes ago, BafJo said:

Well then in all my 427 hours of playing the game on steam and having joined friends servers and having had friends join me. This is the first.

I can provide images of Ping difference when joining through steam vs hamachi.   Port forward is even better

It doesn't matter. It's not going to change my mind, or my recommendation. You're having latency issues and you're using a non-standard networking method.

Use a proper dedi installed on your computer, or rent one. That will help. Hell you can turn off steamnetworking on the dedi and use an alternative network protocol.

1 minute ago, KhaineGB said:

It doesn't matter. It's not going to change my mind, or my recommendation. You're having latency issues and you're using a non-standard networking method.

Use a proper dedi installed on your computer, or rent one. That will help. Hell you can turn off steamnetworking on the dedi and use an alternative network protocol.

With the latest patch 20.4 B42 stable could have caused this door issue. Also we have played through steam simply by friend loading up his map and simply right click join his game through steam friends list. But really this is the first about the doors being desynced issue i've seen. And only now appearing with installing darknessfalls. 

I am merely asking you to check out the door issue cause this has never been a thing . played Alpha 19 release back in 2020 and now returning to the game this year with all its latest updates and fixes. We played a good ol month of it before it updated to the recent 20.4 this is when we saw neebs gaming and showcasing your mod. Its definitely amazing having a whole different experience. But yeah the door thing happened in our playthrough once we added the mod. ;/

Like I said, i've had the door thing in A17 and A18 modded, A19 and A20 vanilla AND modded.

I can't fix server desync issues. And i'm not spending time on MP only stuff that, half the time, is out of my control anyway.

Example - The current drone bug.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Btw love how you made bows feel, They're amazing to use now compared to base game.

Still I am excited to continue playing your mod. Just bit scared what'll happen once steam updates again and well... mods potentially breaks. Using your latest version. And playing on the map DFalls-VSmall2-NoCp

Is it safe to generate a map or recommended to play on the pre created ones?

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Level 50 for laborer.

Ok thank you, I thought all masteries were unlocked/learnable at 40 but I suppose laborer needed a few more levels for balance reasons. Good to know I just need a few levels and don't have to restart the game.

I'm trying to find out if a certain modlet works with DF. It's called "Loot Cleanup". It "Destroys certain containers after looting, to clean up the environment." It's nice in that it destroys bird nests, garbage bags, and other similar containers, after you've looted them, making them disappear and helping you avoid attempting to loot said container a second time (I turn loot respawn off, so they wouldn't get repopulated anyway).

Here's a link to the modlet if that'll help determine if it's compatible - I don't believe it's available here on this forum:

https://7daystodiemods.com/loot-clean-up/

Edited by plzkthxbye (see edit history)

7 hours ago, BafJo said:

You forget a BIG thing.

You use an Overhaul mod, it even don't use the regular vanilla engine. You special notice that when you can see through the world while digging underground. At vanilla you can't do that.

That mean, the overhaul mod patch regular gamefunctions, and when you got problems with your special 7days version, i would suggest you contact their support and ask there for help.

The mod author can't do anything since his mod is based on vanilla code.

7 hours ago, BafJo said:

With the latest patch 20.4 B42 stable could have caused this door issue.

No i got the same issue before. It is just a desync issue.

Mosttimes happen when someone was at the POI before and opened the doors and the other don't.

Or the POI don't got proper reset after quest activation for someone.

7 hours ago, BafJo said:

Still I am excited to continue playing your mod. Just bit scared what'll happen once steam updates again and well... mods potentially breaks.

That's why you should use a local copy of the game folder, so it is excluded from any updates.

Automatical update's arn't allways a blessing, special at modding they can be a curse.

1 hour ago, plzkthxbye said:

I'm trying to find out if a certain modlet works with DF.

Why you just try it out at Singleplayer mode yourself ?

I remember that modlet, i think i used it at the past too. But forget at the current playthroughs. Yeah i like to destroy all these loot things too (loot respawn is allways off).