Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Thanks for this mod, keep up the good work! :)  I think I already got my answer earlier in this topic, and since it's the only thing I've seen so far that bugged me out a little bit. It's about the scout quests, but as I understood it it's a vanilla bug and can't be fixed in multiplayer, right? 😅 Otherwise, LOVE this mod!

What is the specific role/purpose of the white river scout that resides in the trader compound. So far, I seem to be getting the same quests to kill tourists, nurses or repairmen, exception being the generator night quests that come with advancement. The only thing that changes is the tier/difficulty. Is  there a specific story progression involving these people ?  If yes, how do you trigger it because I am currently on Tier 3 quests with them but again, it's the same kill these or those.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, newbie said:

What is the specific role/purpose of the white river scout that resides in the trader compound.

Storyline.

Once you reach 10+ standing with them, he will give you another quest similar to the open trade routes from the trader.

21 minutes ago, newbie said:

What is the specific role/purpose of the white river scout that resides in the trader compound. So far, I seem to be getting the same quests to kill tourists, nurses or repairmen, exception being the generator night quests that come with advancement. The only thing that changes is the tier/difficulty. Is  there a specific story progression involving these people ?  If yes, how do you trigger it because I am currently on Tier 3 quests with them but again, it's the same kill these or those.

Thanks

Then you haven't explored all of her dialog options.

KhaineGB

Then you haven't explored all of her dialog options.

The only options I see are: (1) inventory, (2) jobs or (3) nevermind. There is nothing else to select.  Is this related to prior post that I need to reach level of 10+ standing ?

Thanks

On 4/18/2022 at 9:19 AM, Canute said:

Do you mean AI (Artifical inteligenz, zombie pathing,acting) or SI (Structural integry, how block act's at the world) ?

From you picture, you pillar's are all cobble,wood,cobble.

These wood at the middle is basicly the problem from my view, since wood can't support that many heavy cobble blocks from above.

Just so we are on the same page, there is no limit of blocks you can stack on a wood block. SI is only used to calculate the number of blocks you can stick to one of the sides.

Detailed explanation here: https://7daystodie.fandom.com/wiki/Structural_Integrity

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Hi guys,

We are playing DF already for a while and we absolutely love it. Once DF - never played Vanilla since then.

This time we ar playing in Navezgane with DF and are struggling to find Plutonium.

Every other we have already. We die find a small amount of Uranium wihtin a titanore, so I suggest this ist where you geht Uranium? 

I remember in another playing there were a Boulder in the surface with Plutonium and we also found Plutonium within it. But this time nö luck... I smashed every Boulder i could find in radiation biom to find Plutonium nur nothing. And unser the Boulder with lead or Iron or Something Else is only Stone -> am I supposed to dig below this Stone??

Andy Help appreciatet since this issued is Holding us down from laser weapons and all those cool stuff.

So anyone an Idea where to find Plutonium and Uranium in Navezgane??

Thanks!

Titanium,Plutonium,Uranium are all the Wasteland ore's.

You should run,drive,fly through the wasteland and check the map for the resource squares.

Once you see the square at the map, goto that spot, clear the boulder and dig down.

spacer.png

Mosttimes uranium and plutonium are together and sometimes even titanium.

Thanks Canute.

But which resource square do you mean? Rhode markers in the Pictures? We don't have such.

So can find under all boulders in wasteland Plutonium and uranium? Ist it Just luck?

We are searching and digging for days ... We are Level 130+ and couldn't Start with any of the Tech stuff because of the missing Plutonium.

But I will try further ... Thanks

I should have asked earlier ... Just Ran Up to wasteland, Second Boulder Plutonium :D

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, Bartscn said:

But which resource square do you mean? Rhode markers in the Pictures? We don't have such.

What version of 7days you play ?

At A20 i encounter these at all games i played so far, vanilla,DF, Df+Sorcery.

What map do you play, you wrote Navezgane or do you mean DFNavezgane ?

When you use Navezgane, you maybe don't got these resources and not the DF important POI's.

49 minutes ago, Bartscn said:

So can find under all boulders in wasteland Plutonium and uranium? Ist it Just luck?

The boulders only when you see the dot/square on the map. These mark the surface spots.

Deeper/bedrock vein you allways can have, but that is lucky like at old times when you don't got any hint's at the surface.

Hello everyone.

Playing Darkness Fall V4.02 on 7 Days Alpha 20.3 (b3) with pregen map, DFalls-Medium1-NoCP. Everything over all is working with Zero issues however

any quests from scouts, or Razor (pretty much ALL White River) will be 5 Kilometers away. This will often result in quests being in oceans, Waste lands Etc.

We end up having to abandon the quest, take it again, look where it is and either go the 5K+ to do the kill quest, Clear the outpost, Ect. or abandon

and try again.

The mod is perfectly playable this is just an annoyances, is there an XML setting I can edit? Did I do something to mess this up in Serverconfig.Xml?

I did try to paste my Serverconfig into Ubuntu pastebin it keeps calling it a PHP script.  If someone has a clue or wants more information just ask!!

Thank you for the MOD!!     

@Crimsonmortis That´s a vanilla problem actually, not a Darkness Falls one. Don´t ask me details, something about the game generating the quests from 0,0 coordinates,  it´s actually described somewhere in the last few pages of this thread.

Get the gyrocopter with super charger and fuel saver mod asap. That´s what we did to get those quests done.

28 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Crimsonmortis That´s a vanilla problem actually, not a Darkness Falls one. Don´t ask me details, something about the game generating the quests from 0,0 coordinates,  it´s actually described somewhere in the last few pages of this thread.

Get the gyrocopter with super charger and fuel saver mod asap. That´s what we did to get those quests done.

Was afraid of that. Like I said everything else is working fine, It's just  case of "I DON'T WANNA GO SO FAR" complaining LOL.

You can reset the trader jobs. Go into debug mode by opening the console with F1, type dm and press enter, exit the console with F1. Now you should have the options to reset quests and trader inventory when you talk to the trader.

Would this also reset our standings with the factions?

Edited by Crimsonmortis
question (see edit history)

5 hours ago, meganoth said:

Just so we are on the same page, there is no limit of blocks you can stack on a wood block. SI is only used to calculate the number of blocks you can stick to one of the sides.

Detailed explanation here: https://7daystodie.fandom.com/wiki/Structural_Integrity

I mean, there is.

World skybox limit. ;)

1 hour ago, Crimsonmortis said:

Hello everyone.

Playing Darkness Fall V4.02 on 7 Days Alpha 20.3 (b3) with pregen map, DFalls-Medium1-NoCP. Everything over all is working with Zero issues however

any quests from scouts, or Razor (pretty much ALL White River) will be 5 Kilometers away. This will often result in quests being in oceans, Waste lands Etc.

We end up having to abandon the quest, take it again, look where it is and either go the 5K+ to do the kill quest, Clear the outpost, Ect. or abandon

and try again.

The mod is perfectly playable this is just an annoyances, is there an XML setting I can edit? Did I do something to mess this up in Serverconfig.Xml?

I did try to paste my Serverconfig into Ubuntu pastebin it keeps calling it a PHP script.  If someone has a clue or wants more information just ask!!

Thank you for the MOD!!     

It's an MP bug. It's not fixable. Large 2, if you have the RAM for it, does have a city and town near 0,0 which minimizes this issue.

50 minutes ago, User2010w said:

Author and how to find out what is added in each version of the mod? Maybe as a color or a separate topic to issue information?

Um, no? They're seperate posts in this thread. You could use the forums search function for the version you want.

I have precious little spare time as is. I'm not using what I do have on minutia like that which could be spent on bug fixing or having a day off.

On 4/24/2022 at 3:52 PM, Bartscn said:

We are searching and digging for days ... We are Level 130+ and couldn't Start with any of the Tech stuff because of the missing Plutonium.

In my last DF playthrough I was looking for Plutonium and Uranium ores for ages. The only way I was able to eventually find a Plutonium ore was by flying with the Gyrocopter over the Wasteland, uncovering big areas of the map. I did that for a very long time and ended up with a single ore of Plutonium, however, I have not found Uranium yet. At least for my map (some pregen DF map) those ores seem to be very rare. Titanium ores on the other hand I have found like 20+.

1 hour ago, PoloPoPo said:

In my last DF playthrough I was looking for Plutonium and Uranium ores for ages. The only way I was able to eventually find a Plutonium ore was by flying with the Gyrocopter over the Wasteland, uncovering big areas of the map. I did that for a very long time and ended up with a single ore of Plutonium, however, I have not found Uranium yet. At least for my map (some pregen DF map) those ores seem to be very rare. Titanium ores on the other hand I have found like 20+.

Tip.

I was looking through the XML and apparently those triple-resource rocks spawn where resources are.

So if you find one of those, dig down to stone and look around. There might be a resource. I'll fix it later.

On 4/25/2022 at 1:36 AM, Crimsonmortis said:

Hello everyone.

and try again.

Thank you for the MOD!!     

We had this issue in multiplayer too, I think the bigger the map and the further you spawn from the centre the worse it is. Some possible workarounds to improve the experience:

• Before you start: edit the Spawn points file to remove he spawn points that are a long way from the centre of the map (eg. eg: .\Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Worlds\DFalls-VSmall2-NoCP\spawnpoints.xml)
  • On an in progress-game: Set up a bit of an 'outpost camp' near to a trader close to the centre of the map, then try to get through all the white river quests in rapid succession.
  • Get a really fast vehicle (Buggy or Air vehicle + supercharger).