Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 4/13/2022 at 12:03 PM, KhaineGB said:

Yep, it is. That's the last quest.

Pregen6k is a VANILLA map.

There are NO MAPS with compo pack right now... because it's not out.

So yes, you picked the wrong map. You have to use a map with DFalls in front of it, or risk RWG.

I understand, I will try, but is it possible to do what I wrote about the trader? And delete only the requirement name="CVarCompare" or and everything that comes after? I pointed out the wrong post, I apologize.

Edited by MrKawaii (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

You probably could but i'm not going to walk you through doing that because that's basically going "Hey, you know that progression you crafted? Yeah, I don't care and i'm just gonna toss it out"

Removed requirement name="CVarCompare" and cvar="$techboosts". The game crashed. Before your advice, I still tried to delete everything from "CVarCompare" to "level_requirements", it also didn't work. I'm sorry, maybe I'm being too stupid, usually everything turns out to be much easier than I think and try to do.

I'm new to this mod so apologies for noob question. In Vanilla 7DTD I am able to pick up a wood frame block as long as it has not been damaged or upgraded. Playing DF, I no longer seem to be able to do that. Is this expected behavior or am I doing something wrong ? 

Thanks

2 hours ago, newbie said:

I'm new to this mod so apologies for noob question. In Vanilla 7DTD I am able to pick up a wood frame block as long as it has not been damaged or upgraded. Playing DF, I no longer seem to be able to do that. Is this expected behavior or am I doing something wrong ? 

Thanks

If the surfaces look like particle board, and when it's equipped if you hold R down and can change shapes, then you should be able to pick it back up unless it has been damaged, or upgraded, or your inventory is full.

If you can't change the shape when it's equipped?  You probably can't pick it back up.

Not sure if this has been mentioned here or not.   I noticed trader hugh does not unlock the scrap tools perk when you buy it from him (the perk learning menu i mean, not the recipe you buy from his store)

10 minutes ago, Chale said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned here or not.   I noticed trader hugh does not unlock the scrap tools perk when you buy it from him (the perk learning menu i mean, not the recipe you buy from his store)

Yep, that's been reported in the discord. I'll be looking into why later since i'm re-writing all the XML anyway

1 hour ago, Hiroler225 said:

I am new to darknes falls.

Does this mod change the AI?  or is the pathing pretty much the same?  

I had a base collapse but the pillars were still standing.  very confused. 

AI is tweaked slightly. Tougher zombies are smarter.

I know my question might be a bit silly but i can't play the MOD at all as the game keeps crashing during the Loading data screen or intializing world .. Due to Lack of Memory or RAM

i have 8gb of ram and 4 Gb of VRAM and core i5 

is there any way or solution so i can play it ?? 

P.S i have no problems playing the main game at all

6 hours ago, Hiroler225 said:

SO this happened again.. im not sure what is going on.   

2022-04-17.png

I haven't messed with structural integrity, so no idea.

4 hours ago, steelghost55 said:

https://imgur.com/a/gzPyb6Y 

so dont know if i can post the picture in here or not but when i load up darkness falls all i get in the starting menu is five different screens plus the starting screen and i cant get anything to load. 

4.02 doesn't work on 20.4 experimental. Either get 4.03-DEV-B1 (which I think is a page or 2 back) or roll back to 20.3 stable.

1 hour ago, Fras.Mostafa said:

I know my question might be a bit silly but i can't play the MOD at all as the game keeps crashing during the Loading data screen or intializing world .. Due to Lack of Memory or RAM

i have 8gb of ram and 4 Gb of VRAM and core i5 

is there any way or solution so i can play it ?? 

P.S i have no problems playing the main game at all

Your system RAM is the problem.

Stick to 6k maps. Increase your virtual memory.

13 hours ago, Hiroler225 said:

I am new to darknes falls.

Does this mod change the AI?  or is the pathing pretty much the same?  

I had a base collapse but the pillars were still standing.  very confused. 

Do you mean AI (Artifical inteligenz, zombie pathing,acting) or SI (Structural integry, how block act's at the world) ?

From you picture, you pillar's are all cobble,wood,cobble.

These wood at the middle is basicly the problem from my view, since wood can't support that many heavy cobble blocks from above.

I am playing the dfalls-elarge3 map, just spoke to the trader and saw this. That wall is all the way around. I assume that this is nothing to do with you?? Just thaought I point this out

oops.png

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

I don't have a large 3 in A20. Are you using one of the old A19 maps?

Nope and I did mistype. I forgot an 'x'

Here is the correct one

DFalls-XLarge3