Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I loved playing DF in alpha 19 and really looked forward to playing it again in alpha 20. However, I keep running into the same issue. Sometime during the first day or night, I get a load of red text that appears in the debug menu. I don't know what triggers it but it could be some invisible zombies or NPC's? I really don't know. Once it gets triggered though, it sporadically continues to do the long stream of red text in the debug menu. I think it's called the debug menu. It's what pops up when you push F1 on your keyboard. Anyways, with this issue, I can't get a game going in DF and it's kind of frustrating because I really want to experience this wonderful mod for myself. I've been living vicariously through content creators but it's not like playing it myself. I have a screenshot of what the wall of red text says each time. I've tried uninstalling and I've tried to reset the chunk around me as well and it doesn't do anything either. Can anyone help me with this problem? I apologize if this is a common problem and the answer is found somewhere through all of these posts but I simply could not find anything.719536579_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.542cd63a7fdd48038a09ab6eb726ef95.png

14 hours ago, Lorri said:

Sometime during the first day or night, I get a load of red text that appears in the debug menu. I don't know what triggers it but it could be some invisible zombies or NPC's?

I suggest that that you try it with a full clean install.

Maybe delete (not uninstal) the steam installation folder then you get right of all old files from previous version are left. Or use the Mod launcher to download a fresh steam copy instead to copy the existing one.

Download the latest stable version of DF , or use the mod launcher and install it.

Then try it again.

Edit: Don't use any other modlet at first. DF is complex and don't work well with others together.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

18 hours ago, Zisquis said:

We're getting some invisible debuff that chunks our HP after being hit by a fireball.

It does around 150-200 damage before expiring, there's no debuff icon, and bandages/water does not stop it.

I can attest to this, has been an issue since the last build. Higher DT seems to lower the total amount it does, but it's still absurdly high.

12 hours ago, Lorri said:

I loved playing DF in alpha 19 and really looked forward to playing it again in alpha 20. However, I keep running into the same issue. Sometime during the first day or night, I get a load of red text that appears in the debug menu. I don't know what triggers it but it could be some invisible zombies or NPC's? I really don't know. Once it gets triggered though, it sporadically continues to do the long stream of red text in the debug menu. I think it's called the debug menu. It's what pops up when you push F1 on your keyboard. Anyways, with this issue, I can't get a game going in DF and it's kind of frustrating because I really want to experience this wonderful mod for myself. I've been living vicariously through content creators but it's not like playing it myself. I have a screenshot of what the wall of red text says each time. I've tried uninstalling and I've tried to reset the chunk around me as well and it doesn't do anything either. Can anyone help me with this problem? I apologize if this is a common problem and the answer is found somewhere through all of these posts but I simply could not find anything.719536579_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.542cd63a7fdd48038a09ab6eb726ef95.png

Are you playing a RWG map? That was an issue I had with that in previous builds, and certain compo pack maps.

14 hours ago, Lorri said:

That was a bug I fixed a while back

21 hours ago, Zisquis said:

We're getting some invisible debuff that chunks our HP after being hit by a fireball.

It does around 150-200 damage before expiring, there's no debuff icon, and bandages/water does not stop it.

19 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Already fixed in a dev build.

I just tried V4.02-DEV-B5 and still having this issue - is it fixed in an unreleased dev build?

Khaine, you're an absolute legend! Thank you for taking the time to respond. Thank you to all of you really. I'm looking forward to playing the latest update. I play off the 7D2DModLauncher program. I was playing the small DF map (8k I think?) with no CP. I was trying to hold out long enough to play with the CP but it's just too damn good of a game ya know? Thank you again, Khaine! You're the best!!!

2 hours ago, Lorri said:

Thank you again, Khaine! You're the best!!!

Seriously, I was about 4.6k hours in on the vanilla game with a few mods briefly tried and was starting to burn out, then found his mod. 6.9k hours now and still playing daily just about.

On 4/1/2022 at 2:49 AM, Zisquis said:

I get a similar invisible debuff that drains HP from something different than fireballs. Not sure what exactly causes it but I think it happens to me when I get hit by a Night Stalker.

On 4/2/2022 at 9:46 PM, EpicSpire said:

Getting the following error while loading a RWG map on a local dedicated server.
image.png.58f9eaa8898f6760df406b3ee8abdf24.png

the game runs and plays smoothly with no further errors though.

Pretty sure that's fixed in 4.01.

EDIT: I was wrong. It's fixed in 4.02 which is currently a dev build.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Alright folks, time for a new build! In my testing, it did NOT break my save going from B5 to B6, but be very careful since I did some quest tweaks to fix up a few bugs.

V4.02-DEV-B6

- Added 5 new maps! VSmall 2, Small 2, Medium 2, Large 2, XLarge 1.
- 14k maps should now be possible to generate.
- Lucile now properly causes a bleed effect.
- Pistols now properly cause a bleed effect at appropriately high pistol skill usage.
- Forge Ahead book should now work as intended.
- Workbench Schematic should now work as intended.
- Chemistry Station Schematic should now work as intended.
- Flammable Oil mod should now work on Knuckles.
- Increased food amount of Grilled Yucca to be equal to Baked Potatos since it needs a grill.
- Slightly increased food amount of Baked Apples.
- Tweaked desert plant spawns.
- Flaming arrows/bolts should now properly scale with Demo Expert.
- Molotovs now do LESS damage to players with increased levels of Demo Expert.
- Added failsafes to all drinks to remove all fire buffs.
- Added failsafes to buffExtinguishFire (which is triggered by drinks) to remove all fire buffs.
- Anemia should now work correctly.

- Fixed the Junk Turret AP ammo bundles not being unlockable and adjusted recipe accordingly.
- Fixed a couple of recipes under the Bio Perks/Tech Perks using the wrong items to be made (like demon essence for tech and nanites for bio).
- Tweaked a couple of POI's as they were too high.
- Added a failsafe to make Acceelerated Healing kick in.
- Power armor changed to give 100% fire immunity when all 5 pieces are being used (same as the way hazmat works).
- Higher levels of bladed weapons now add more bleed damage than they used to.
- Serrated Blade mod now scales off Bladed Weapons skill and adds to it as well.
- Increased max bleed stacks... by a lot more than previously.
- Rockets should now properly benefit from the Demolitions Expert perk.
- Increased the amount of sandwhiches made with recipes that use bread.
- Fixed the mag extender not being useable on the coilsniper and laser sniper.
- Updated Razor and Eve's quests so they should work more reliably and hopefully show on the compass properly.
- Guns that disable demon regen should now also disable the ability for them to throw fireballs while the anti-regen effect is active.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pfP0ppg7pVo4-muqlDiZMTCSQtmHRdEc/view?usp=sharing

6 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Guns that disable demon regen should now also disable the ability for them to throw fireballs while the anti-regen effect is active.

Why not turn them into chickens too ? 🙂

demon's without regen and fireball's are just like regular Z's with more HP's.

I am against that they don't throw fireball's at all. Maybe the cooldown for the next fireball is alot longer, or they throw weak versions of them.

Or they need a long cast (5-10s) time together with a fireaura, so someone can give them headshots and can interrupt them maybe.

12 minutes ago, Canute said:

Why not turn them into chickens too ? 🙂

demon's without regen and fireball's are just like regular Z's with more HP's.

I am against that they don't throw fireball's at all. Maybe the cooldown for the next fireball is alot longer, or they throw weak versions of them.

Or they need a long cast (5-10s) time together with a fireaura, so someone can give them headshots and can interrupt them maybe.

Actually i'm gonna lower the duration of that specific buff that disables the regen. Right now, normal demons are basically "Who cares, just shoot it with a coil weapon"

Never did find enough hazmat fiber (or pieces to scrap) to make mods for everyone before I actually reached 175 in this playthrough.  Was a very interesting RNG.  So, got power armor first.. heh.  But, these changes look wonderful!!  Thank you so much for all you do!  Time to start again and check out the new maps!

3 hours ago, executor2 said:

@KhaineGB I really enjoyed DF . My question is if you are gonna do another mode with a different theme ?

I did Romero Mod too. Otherwise no, not really.

2 hours ago, Wonkanator said:

Will V4.02-DEV-B6 be the "final version" of V4.02 or could more be added to it before it is finalized?  Basically asking if the "dev" part means there is still current work on it.

Right now, i'm hoping B6 is the last.

I was waiting for compo pack to be done but it's taking too long.

I'm doomed, or can some players save me? I played this save game (as adventurer, which should be easy) at least since b3 (now b6), built two wonderful bases, did 45 quests for Jen and enough scout quest to be sent to Anna. So far so good, but now I am constantly dying in the army lab. The demons there are killing me faster than I could drink :) 

I am now level 137, found a laser pistol, could craft a coil pistol, a coil carabine and titan gear. Still too weak, with no chance of getting a laser workbench, and Jen offers none since forever. When I get a screamer or a horde, I can only hope to flee, which is near to impossible in buildings.  Any ideas how to progress, or am I really doomed?

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

• Guards added to the trader, with a Guard Captain NPC! Talk to them to buy quest starters, which can earn you skill notes! (Single player only due to server bugs)

Hello, can I put your assembly on the server to play with friends 3-5 people? Or is your mod only for singleplayer?

2 hours ago, Falaffel said:

I'm doomed, or can some players save me? I played this save game (as adventurer, which should be easy) at least since b3 (now b6), built two wonderful bases, did 45 quests for Jen and enough scout quest to be sent to Anna. So far so good, but now I am constantly dying in the army lab. The demons there are killing me faster than I could drink :) 

I am now level 137, found a laser pistol, could craft a coil pistol, a coil carabine and titan gear. Still too weak, with no chance of getting a laser workbench, and Jen offers none since forever. When I get a screamer or a horde, I can only hope to flee, which is near to impossible in buildings.  Any ideas how to progress, or am I really doomed?

When you don't like to sneak and pickup single demon's out of the group with the crossbow/bow.

You should at last take some building mat's with you.

Create doorway's with beton, put a iron hatch (or just place another beton) on it that you can open which basicly block the doorway.

That should give you time to shoot with the laser pistol first to stop the demonic regeneration and then kill them with the coilweapons. Robotic turret's can give you extra DPS too.

Surpressor's help's that you don't wake the whole lab and lower the screamer chance. Don't forget to close the first doorway, so they can't enter the lab.

There are serveral video's how people did the lab solo.

2 hours ago, goldfantast said:
  • Guards added to the trader, with a Guard Captain NPC! Talk to them to buy quest starters, which can earn you skill notes! (Single player only due to server bugs)

Hello, can I put your assembly on the server to play with friends 3-5 people? Or is your mod only for singleplayer?

Yes, you can play multiplayer.

But EVERYONE needs it. You cant just yeet it on a server and have people connect.

9 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Have a water purifier mod for helmet and 125 murky water in inventory.  Plenty of bandages.. When there are alot behind door sometimes they morph through..I killed a couple with laser sword.  for the upper level I made a small maze and run out of POI to pull them out to surface and picked off 1 by 1.  At lower levels I built downward facing U shape and upper U shape around the door with sledge turret in middle and 2 robotic on each side using darts..also to knock of regen I used Porkins shotgun...screamer shows up when you generate too much heat blasting away...random hordes are part of the game..I can be mining and all of the sudden a horde jumps me or in the middle of a POI

Edited by Wonkanator (see edit history)

2 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Some questions again:

At first, you should try to search function, like searching for demon or regen/regeneration.

Snowbee made fantastic VT video's about Darkness falls, maybe useful hints and explantations.

1) How do I stop Demon health regeneration? 

Use a laser weapon. You should have found a laser pistol or laser sword by the time. 1 shoot with the pistol to stop the regen, then kill the demon with your favoured weapon.

Legendary weapons can stop the regeneration too.

If you maybe manage it to get a laser workbench, Laser battery mod.

2) Is there a way to get protection against fire somehow? Can't approach any Demons currently (lvl 118).

Power armor give you currently a restistance against it. With the latest dev build an immunity.

My current solution, water purifier at the helm and a stack of murky water at the quickslot next to bandages.