Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

13 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Some questions again:

1) How do I stop Demon health regeneration? 

2) Is there a way to get protection against fire somehow? Can't approach any Demons currently (lvl 118).

1) Laser or legendary weapon.

2) Ablative armor mod or power armor.

19 hours ago, Falaffel said:

I'm doomed, or can some players save me? I played this save game (as adventurer, which should be easy) at least since b3 (now b6), built two wonderful bases, did 45 quests for Jen and enough scout quest to be sent to Anna. So far so good, but now I am constantly dying in the army lab. The demons there are killing me faster than I could drink :) 

I am now level 137, found a laser pistol, could craft a coil pistol, a coil carabine and titan gear. Still too weak, with no chance of getting a laser workbench, and Jen offers none since forever. When I get a screamer or a horde, I can only hope to flee, which is near to impossible in buildings.  Any ideas how to progress, or am I really doomed?

Okay, tough spot to be in for sure. SnowBee has some DF vids that you may find helpful.

If your goal is to get the laser workbench you can make multiple attempts at getting to the last area (the red door zone). Don't activate the lab quest either, unless your game stage is high enough that quest zeds are lower level than random zeds (it can happen; I have had POI's that were full of stronger zeds before I reset the POI for a quest).

• Once you enter the lab, shut the hatch and the first keyed door (blue key I think) to keep any zeds from getting in behind you.
  • Go slow, have a plan for falling back if needed
  • Running away is a viable option, fallback behind a keyed door, heal, reload, try again.
  • place the water and healing items on your belt in a way that you can QUICKLY access them while RUNNING away and navigating doorways. I use the last 5 slots for this as [shift] is used when running, thus pressing 5 while running (shift+5) brings up water, then pressing 4 (shift+4) brings up my primary weapon and 3 (shift+3) brings up my laser weapon.
  • start the raid EARLY (like 4am early)
  • Bring multiple stacks of med kits, med bandages and pain killers (as much as you can). Top up your health as needed after a fight.
  • Do not bother looting until you are ready to leave. Keep you inventory light so you can move fast.
  • Bring stacks of fruit juice as well (or anything with a 30+ hydration stat). Use murky water with the purifier helmet mod to extinguish the flames, then use the fruit juice to hydrate (as needed). Drinking murky water is slow to hydrate.
  • Put points into the perk that increases wellness and max health. Going in with 100 health is futile.
  • Bring at least a laser pistol and a few hundred power cells to disable the demon regen from a distance.
  • Use stealth when you can.
  • Use AP ammo. It ignores more armor and penetrates. No downside.
  • Bring a crazy amount of ammo with you. Three thousand AP coil rounds should be enough. This is not the time to be miserly with ammo.
  • Mod up the carbine/etc with blessed metal (extra damage), mag extender (reload less), armor shredder, anti-rad and then whatever you want.
  • make sure you go in with fresh weapons and maybe a repair kit or two, just in case

If they are all awake and rushing the red doors on the lowest level wait for them to break the blocks above the door (or do it yourself), then shoot from the stairs above through the small opening.

• alternate between laser and coil carbine fire from above.
  • zap a clip of laser fire into the mass, then hose a few clips of coil carbine into the mass. Aim when you can to focus fire on one at a time.
  • you will still get set on fire but you can reduce their numbers 'safely'

when ready, use the rapid open/close method (ie: double press E) to let a couple zeds into your kill zone and keep the rest behind the door while you kill the ones that squeezed in

• if you use this method back up the stairs and run away as needed to stay alive and reload while running away (then turn and finish them off). Remember to laser zap the demons with the red fire at least once as soon as you can. If the stairs get damaged you can make repairs to ensure you have an exit (you have frames...right?).

(cheese it) if you have a laser sword, you can just stand back from the door and cut anything that clips through (if TFP cannot or will not fix clipping then use it as a 'feature'). You'll still be set on fire, but you can handle that quick enough.

once you clear out the first batch more will come from the gate room in back (about every 60 seconds or so), so, be ready to run (or sneak) to the open set of red doors at the back of the hall to unlock, then finally close them, this will cut off the flow

finally, unlock the middle door to access the laser workbench, killing the zeds inside. And if you made it this far and only now realize you did not bring the supplies to make the laser workbench, then you did what I did.

Call me confused.

Long story short.

I am driving in a marauder which HAS A SOLID roof and yet the flying f**ks can get to me througha solid roof

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Call me confused.

Long story short.

I am driving in a marauder which HAS A SOLID roof and yet the flying f**ks can get to me througha solid roof

Not my vehicle so not my problem 😛

But the game just registers vehicles as "attached" to the player

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Not my vehicle so not my problem 😛

But the game just registers vehicles as "attached" to the player

Fair enough that does, sort of, explains it.

Can someone please help me with a modlet that will not update? It says to update, I click update, but it doesn't update. I think it is the problem that is causing me not to be able to play DF. It's the 0-XNPCCore by Xyth. I've tried uninstalling DF, 7D2D itself, and deleted all saved worlds and pretty much everything to do with the game. I've tried updating the launcher itself as well. Nothing is working. Any ideas? Thank you for your time.

On 3/20/2022 at 2:59 AM, HollywoodHoser said:

Hmm strange. We didn’t adjust any difficulty settings. I’ll dig around in the configs. But day 53 and we’ve but but PLENTY of times (200 deaths between us) and zero infections.

Appreciate the response, and thanks again for an awesome mod!

Same issue here, it is our first time through Darkness Falls. I believe we left it on default difficulty and changed very few things.

We are running Darkness Falls 4 from 12 March 2022 (DarknessFallsA20.zip) and 7days Alpha 20.3 (b3).

I'm playing with 4 people, we are a variety of classes (2 classes each so far and no double-ups), I get hit pretty often and die occasionally but haven't gotten infected in weeks, possibly since the start of the game but I can't be certain.

If you know which files the %chance to get infected is defined let me know and I can check ours also.

Playing at SP and MP with the latest stable (4.01) with warrior difficult.

All of us geting infection from time to time, depend how often you get hit, that why someone carry some antibiotika/honey all the time.

Khaine allready mention, the chance for an infection depend on the difficult. When you play with adventure difficulty, you might get less infected then with warrior.

Edit: are you all maybe on perma-vitamine effect to raise your wellness? That prevent infections.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

On 4/6/2022 at 8:36 AM, walkingwounded said:

Okay, tough spot to be in for sure. SnowBee has some DF vids that you may find helpful.

[..]

finally, unlock the middle door to access the laser workbench, killing the zeds inside. And if you made it this far and only now realize you did not bring the supplies to make the laser workbench, then you did what I did.

Cool hints, now I have a lot to try - with the best hint in the last sentence :) 

Thank you!

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

On 4/4/2022 at 8:31 AM, KhaineGB said:

Alright folks, time for a new build! In my testing, it did NOT break my save going from B5 to B6, but be very careful since I did some quest tweaks to fix up a few bugs.

V4.02-DEV-B6

[..]

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pfP0ppg7pVo4-muqlDiZMTCSQtmHRdEc/view?usp=sharing

Okay, so here is the German localization - 

Okay, dann folgt hier die deutschsprachige Übersetzung:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dndRfCLuec-9KTBWAL2ZaQdtTh5_Iqwy/view?usp=sharing

Wie's geht? Einfach wie jedes andere Mod ausgepackt in den Mod-Ordner kopieren.

Falls Fehler auffallen, gerne hier posten.

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

16 hours ago, Lorri said:

Can someone please help me with a modlet that will not update? It says to update, I click update, but it doesn't update. I think it is the problem that is causing me not to be able to play DF. It's the 0-XNPCCore by Xyth. I've tried uninstalling DF, 7D2D itself, and deleted all saved worlds and pretty much everything to do with the game. I've tried updating the launcher itself as well. Nothing is working. Any ideas? Thank you for your time.

Don't use the launcher and stop trying to update the included modlets. You'll break stuff.

13 hours ago, Destro said:

Is it possible for the demon zombie fireball to decapitate you? I'm asking because in the big bunker I had still over 200 hp(with power armor) and I died after a incubus fireball hit me in the head.

It is entirely possible for the incubus and succubus to one shot you if they get a direct hit. So better be careful.

48 minutes ago, VagabondClown said:

I bought a working water cooler from a trader, but when I put it down I can't interact with it at all. Do they need to be powered to work, or am I missing something else? 

As far as i'm aware, the only "working water source" (that isn't a naturally occurring river/lake/water-filled ditch) is the sink you make from the "plumbing for dumb@%$#s" perk/skill. Everything else is meant as decoration.

@KhaineGB I know you said you would not put up a "Mega City" map, but I could have sworn you said you would share what you gave Jawoodle.  Not sure if I read it, or something you said during your "No Class, No Hope" series.  I did go through this thread from 340 to now looking, but no luck.  Am I going mental, or did you really say it?

Anyway, thanks for DF, it renewed my love for 7 Days.

Edited by marconus1965
I spell like a potato (see edit history)

05.04.2022 в 16:37, KhaineGB сказал:

Да, вы можете играть в мультиплеер.

Но это нужно ВСЕМ. Вы не можете просто установить его на сервер и заставить людей подключаться.

Hi friends! German localization is already there, I will take this file as a basis and add RU localization . I'll post updated localization files when they're ready. I think that global mods should have multilanguage for more popularity.

Edited by goldfantast (see edit history)

7 hours ago, VagabondClown said:

I bought a working water cooler from a trader, but when I put it down I can't interact with it at all. Do they need to be powered to work, or am I missing something else? 

That's not something I added... I think. Sounds like a deco block.

1 hour ago, marconus1965 said:

@KhaineGB I know you said you would not put up a "Mega City" map, but I could have sworn you said you would share what you gave Jawoodle.  Not sure if I read it, or something you said during your "No Class, No Hope" series.  I did go through this thread from 340 to now looking, but no luck.  Am I going mental, or did you really say it?

Anyway, thanks for DF, it renewed my love for 7 Days.

Didn't Jawoodle share it in one of his videos? I'm pretty sure he did. He changed the code vs what I had.

Alright folks, here we go! Darkness Falls V4.02 is now out for everyone! The patch notes are... kinda girthy, so I put them on a pastebin rather than spam messages in here.

Full patch notes going from 4.01 to 4.02: https://pastebin.com/CR4rPMLP

Download links are the usual, and manual install is recommended as per usual. Just download the mod, delete the Mods folder, replace with the new one, done.

Regarding save compatibility. Going from 4.01 to 4.02 may have some... odd side effects. It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to start a new save. In testing, no character data was wiped, but some items changed due to removing some buggy/unneeded ones. You have been warned.

Download Link: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA20 (click the 3 dots, select download as zip)
Alt Download Link: https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a20/-/tree/main (click the icon next to clone and then zip)

Nexus Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files&BH=0

For the life of me I can't get this to work on our public server. I followed the installation directions, turned off EAC. Server loads up. I go to join it and it always times out. F1 shows everything loads but world not found...requesting from server. If I add it to my own client files it claims it doesn't match. What gives?

Very nice. Great work. Just to bad that CP48 is still not out. Really hope 20.4 drops very soon so we can get the CP maps.

I guess the demon nerf can be undone by a simple xml edit? It was the challenge that kept on giving. Even maxed out on perks and gear, we have to pay attention during hordenight and in the wasteland. For me that´s one of the reasons to play DF, it´s dangerous even in the endgame stage.

@KhaineGB

are you responsible for the POI's ?

It is about the house_modern, the big one with the pool behind,home cinema, shooting range and arrest room at the cellar, you can get for lvl 4 mission.

It happen now multiple times that the spawn for a Z at a certain location (cellar deppest spot) don't appear.

You have the orange dot pointing at the remaining Z, but there is nothing and no Z spawn there.

Edit: after farming the miltary bunker for awhile i notice, you never find any green keycard from the loot, only blue and red.

Green you only find at the container loot.

House_modern.jpg

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Takean said:

For the life of me I can't get this to work on our public server. I followed the installation directions, turned off EAC. Server loads up. I go to join it and it always times out. F1 shows everything loads but world not found...requesting from server. If I add it to my own client files it claims it doesn't match. What gives?

I'd check the server logs and see if there's any errors.

5 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Very nice. Great work. Just to bad that CP48 is still not out. Really hope 20.4 drops very soon so we can get the CP maps.

I guess the demon nerf can be undone by a simple xml edit? It was the challenge that kept on giving. Even maxed out on perks and gear, we have to pay attention during hordenight and in the wasteland. For me that´s one of the reasons to play DF, it´s dangerous even in the endgame stage.

Yep. It's DFammoProjectileDemon in items.xml

4 hours ago, Canute said:

@KhaineGB

are you responsible for the POI's ?

It is about the house_modern, the big one with the pool behind,home cinema, shooting range and arrest room at the cellar, you can get for lvl 4 mission.

It happen now multiple times that the spawn for a Z at a certain location (cellar deppest spot) don't appear.

You have the orange dot pointing at the remaining Z, but there is nothing and no Z spawn there.

Edit: after farming the miltary bunker for awhile i notice, you never find any green keycard from the loot, only blue and red.

Green you only find at the container loot.

House_modern.jpg

That's a TFP POI, so nope. I'm not responsible for that one

On 4/8/2022 at 5:16 AM, KhaineGB said:

That's not something I added... I think. Sounds like a deco block.

Didn't Jawoodle share it in one of his videos? I'm pretty sure he did. He changed the code vs what I had.

That could be. A quick Google search turned it up, but it didn't say it was a mod thing. Ok. Thank you!