Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

1 hour ago, morph said:

Does anyone know of a seed where there's a decent sized CrackABook store in a town? 

Go here using a Chrome-based browser: https://kui.github.io/7dtd-map/

Drag your map files onto the page as directed

In the PreFabs Filter, type "book". 

Take down the coordinates of the POIs listed.

Profit.

EDIT: Don't do this if you care about any map-based spoilers.

If you just want coordinates, open the map's prefabs.xml in a text editor, search for "book", take down the coordinates by each match.

Edited by SrslyGTFO
Disclaimer! (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, jmido8 said:

quick question guys, I'm trying to reload my animal snare and bird nest. I have 20 animal feed in my inventory but when I try to repair it with the hammer it tells me i'm missing animal feed. Any ideas? Thanks!

Put the feed in your hotbar, right click on the snare/coop. No hammer needed.

57 minutes ago, SrslyGTFO said:

Put the feed in your hotbar, right click on the snare/coop. No hammer needed.

cool! thanks. Also, do you know if you can craft the motorcycle without master mechanic? I have grease monkey fully unlocked but can't seem to do it. And is there a higher level hoe than the scrap iron one?

Edited by jmido8 (see edit history)

On 3/18/2021 at 7:21 PM, KhaineGB said:

I don't use a controller, so no idea.

And i'm ALSO using a gaming laptop. 😛 I still use keyboard and mouse.

Way to show me up mt professional  haha. Oh BTW me and my buddies are starting a DF server but it isn't showing the world maps you've created is there a previous post or a how to somewhere to set it up to get the full experience?

Hello. First - thanks for such great mode, love it more than vanilla, which seems for me too easy and quick for endgame content. 

Want to ask about gun/tool/weapon crafting perks. I leveled it for 2/5, but when i repair my 25 quality baseball bat for example, it became 20 quality. Same happens for pickaxe and rocket launcher- quality drops below "perk defend" (level 21 for 2/5, 41 for 4/5 and so on). It happens not always, but sometimes. Is it part of mechanic or some bug? I dont have any other mods install. 

P. S. Sorry for poor english

18 hours ago, jmido8 said:

cool! thanks. Also, do you know if you can craft the motorcycle without master mechanic? I have grease monkey fully unlocked but can't seem to do it. And is there a higher level hoe than the scrap iron one?

You can get a non-master mechanic version from Trader Bob, but it costs more and doesn't take mods. So you're better getting the master perk.

10 hours ago, MrSamuelAdam said:

question, i was 123 max HP. I died once and my health went down to 60 when I respawned. I thought you just drop ten HP? and it would be 113?

That sounds like something happened and your character might be corrupt, so you hit my failsafe to not set your wellness to 0. Check your perks and make sure it's all ok.

8 hours ago, Penguin said:

Hello. First - thanks for such great mode, love it more than vanilla, which seems for me too easy and quick for endgame content. 

Want to ask about gun/tool/weapon crafting perks. I leveled it for 2/5, but when i repair my 25 quality baseball bat for example, it became 20 quality. Same happens for pickaxe and rocket launcher- quality drops below "perk defend" (level 21 for 2/5, 41 for 4/5 and so on). It happens not always, but sometimes. Is it part of mechanic or some bug? I dont have any other mods install. 

P. S. Sorry for poor english

That's intended. If the quality is higher than you can craft, it will drop BELOW what you can craft, but then won't drop anymore.

Hi, i am having so much fun with this mod! but currently also experiencing some troubles. i was driving to a part of the map i so far havent been, and my car got stuck. when i got out, i feel through the map and now if i want to reload its giving me errors and keeps being stuck in the loading screen. anyway to recover? or do i need to start over? 

i was using the VSmall1 map.

7 hours ago, Stef_Ke said:

Hi, i am having so much fun with this mod! but currently also experiencing some troubles. i was driving to a part of the map i so far havent been, and my car got stuck. when i got out, i feel through the map and now if i want to reload its giving me errors and keeps being stuck in the loading screen. anyway to recover? or do i need to start over? 

i was using the VSmall1 map.

Is it in the desert? There's an issue with caves in that area. You have to turn caves off, delete the region file and then load the game. Any already generated caves should remain but it removes them from that area.

38 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Man, I was seriously hating and getting confused on your install instructions...

...until I realized they were the MacOS install instructions. 😃

You potato. :D

5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Is it in the desert? There's an issue with caves in that area. You have to turn caves off, delete the region file and then load the game. Any already generated caves should remain but it removes them from that area.

yes r.1.3.7rg and 1.4.7rg are affected i think as these are the region files which reload after deleting all files in the region folder. how do you turn caves off?

22 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

That sounds like something happened and your character might be corrupt, so you hit my failsafe to not set your wellness to 0. Check your perks and make sure it's all ok.

That's not good. Think I'll have to start over. I'm not sure what I'm looking for to see if something is corrupt? 

On 3/19/2021 at 11:29 PM, SrslyGTFO said:

Go here using a Chrome-based browser: https://kui.github.io/7dtd-map/

Drag your map files onto the page as directed

In the PreFabs Filter, type "book". 

Take down the coordinates of the POIs listed.

Profit.

EDIT: Don't do this if you care about any map-based spoilers.

If you just want coordinates, open the map's prefabs.xml in a text editor, search for "book", take down the coordinates by each match.

I can't find which folder the maps are in in my laptop... 

help me please with fall in ground and respawn in loop ive got some log of the server ive try to type commande for chek chunk i dont know what to do im really nood in network commande things any tips ?

Index was outside the bounds of the array

WRN Spawned entity with wrong pos

WRN Entity (bla bla bla) fell of the world

I got some (auto teleport) respawn and im stock in the ground of the map i have to wait till i die or dig till i fall in loop to kill myself 

Its only happen in demon area and this is why i play DF.... i dont wanna lose my 123 days progress is it from my files or from the server ? how to resolve this

1 hour ago, morph said:

Some days ago I wrote:
You could open https://kui.github.io/7dtd-map/ and drop all mapfiles, eg from ...Steam\steamapps\common\DarknessFalls - A19.4\Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Worlds\DFalls-Large1\ - but you need to use chrome as browser.

Edit: And it has to be Chrome, not anything else, eg vivaldi, Opera, etc, as they cannot show all features like the real Chrome.

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

6 hours ago, MrSamuelAdam said:

That's not good. Think I'll have to start over. I'm not sure what I'm looking for to see if something is corrupt? 

Open your character and check your skills to see if they've all been reset to 0.

4 hours ago, morph said:

Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore/Worlds

3 hours ago, Croustian68 said:

help me please with fall in ground and respawn in loop ive got some log of the server ive try to type commande for chek chunk i dont know what to do im really nood in network commande things any tips ?

Index was outside the bounds of the array

WRN Spawned entity with wrong pos

WRN Entity (bla bla bla) fell of the world

I got some (auto teleport) respawn and im stock in the ground of the map i have to wait till i die or dig till i fall in loop to kill myself 

Its only happen in demon area and this is why i play DF.... i dont wanna lose my 123 days progress is it from my files or from the server ? how to resolve this

Open the console, type DM and then press esc. You should be able to type in some co-ordinates and teleport yourself to safety.

However it sounds like that's a bad chunk that you hit. The region may need to be deleted for regeneration on the server to fix the issue.

However it sounds like that's a bad chunk that you hit. The region may need to be deleted for regeneration on the server to fix the issue.

And how can i perform this ive try chunkfix with positition but nothing happen .. but ive notice there a cave under this part and i read that cave can make serval bug i keep read and learn about all this idk why it fall on me im a real happy user of DF and i was pretty proud to reach and explore demon part of the map but it seem really buggy part i cant do The Test quest it ccrash i got the index thing i was finaly where the modd start to be really interesting but i can explore it for real im really into this to fix it and enjoy all the work and time youve put in this mod ! thanks again to take time to help some random dude who know nothing about how big it is to do this ! Hope find something here

Here is one chunk reset method: Start the game, go to the chunk you want to reset, destroy a block (but probably not the one you are standing on). Stop the game. Then look into your savegames directory. You should see a "Region" directory with lots of files ending in ".7rg". Move the file with the newest modify date to somewhere safe.

Done. If it doesn't work as expected you can undo the change by moving the file back into the "Region" directory.

4 hours ago, Mrrlyn said:

Hi! Great Mods! Question: i want to change speed of vehicules, i edited vehicules files but no success, which files i need to modify?

You don'T need to hack the game: You can build Mods to speed up most vehicles (other mod are eg for brighter lights or less fuel consumption).