Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

6 hours ago, Mrrlyn said:

Hi! Great Mods! Question: i want to change speed of vehicules, i edited vehicules files but no success, which files i need to modify?

You edit the vehicles.xml in the Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore/Config folder, not the one in Data/Config.

6 hours ago, meganoth said:

Here is one chunk reset method: Start the game, go to the chunk you want to reset, destroy a block (but probably not the one you are standing on). Stop the game. Then look into your savegames directory. You should see a "Region" directory with lots of files ending in ".7rg". Move the file with the newest modify date to somewhere safe.

Done. If it doesn't work as expected you can undo the change by moving the file back into the "Region" directory.

Cheers mega. I legit have no idea how to do it myself.

So I've just started trying the mod, and I'm noticing that in most cases, door locks are reversed. Normal doors are locked, while boarded doors are unlocked. Is this intended?

Eventually I'm sure I can break those doors open easily enough, but it's kinda backwards when the intended path of a POI is locked, but the unintended paths aren't.

Edit: Almost immediately after posting, I found a crowbar. So I suppose that's solved, for this run at least. Still odd though.

Edited by Xenthana (see edit history)

I downloaded the newest version and installed it in the d7 folder overwriting what was there to start a new game session.  Everything seems to be ok i start a game it gets all the way to initializing the game and then this window pops up that says 7d2d Unity with some random numbers and a green progress bar runs really fast then the game just closes out.  I looked for that error but the search function on the forums is pretty bad =/  Any thoughts?

*update*

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and then the mod files via Khaine's instructions and it worked so I am not sure what was up with the error.

Edited by Varzii (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Xenthana said:

So I've just started trying the mod, and I'm noticing that in most cases, door locks are reversed. Normal doors are locked, while boarded doors are unlocked. Is this intended?

Eventually I'm sure I can break those doors open easily enough, but it's kinda backwards when the intended path of a POI is locked, but the unintended paths aren't.

Edit: Almost immediately after posting, I found a crowbar. So I suppose that's solved, for this run at least. Still odd though.

That's because locked/unlocked is randomized because people wanted to be able to lockpick doors.

And then never used it.

On 3/23/2021 at 11:09 AM, meganoth said:

Here is one chunk reset method: Start the game, go to the chunk you want to reset, destroy a block (but probably not the one you are standing on). Stop the game. Then look into your savegames directory. You should see a "Region" directory with lots of files ending in ".7rg". Move the file with the newest modify date to somewhere safe.

Done. If it doesn't work as expected you can undo the change by moving the file back into the "Region" directory.

All the files are modified 2 minutes ago i pick all of them ? i also have error back up file in region folder end in .bak

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

That's because locked/unlocked is randomized because people wanted to be able to lockpick doors.

And then never used it.

Ah.. That is, unfortunate. I suppose I've just had a weird stroke of unluck that the doors would seem specifically reversed in such a way. Thank you for your response, none the less.

2 hours ago, morph said:

How do you unlock the master survivalist perk please? It just has a red 0/1 and a red check where the Master survialvalist is on the right hand side please.

Sounds like you read the book.

Get level 50.

Also check and make sure you don't have a concussion.

2 hours ago, Croustian68 said:

All the files are modified 2 minutes ago i pick all of them ? i also have error back up file in region folder end in .bak

You are right, it doesn't work that way (anymore). But if you let the game run, press ESC and alt-tab out of the game you should see differences in the modification date.

I just tested it now and it worked, only that there are often 2 region files with the newest date, possibly because most of the time more than one region file is loaded.

By the way, here is another method to find the correct region file:

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Hello, I am on my third run through of the mod, each time increasing the difficulty and horde size as a challenge. For whatever reason, I have not had the welding torch drop by day 16 on this run. I know it cannot be bought or crafted, but are there particular places I should look to loot it? Without it, I do not believe I can craft the cement mixer, steel items, etc. Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, Thomill said:

Hello, I am on my third run through of the mod, each time increasing the difficulty and horde size as a challenge. For whatever reason, I have not had the welding torch drop by day 16 on this run. I know it cannot be bought or crafted, but are there particular places I should look to loot it? Without it, I do not believe I can craft the cement mixer, steel items, etc. Thank you so much.

Khaine will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong but from my experience Working Stiff Tool and Pass N Gass Shipping Crates have been where I've found most of mine. 

If I was you I'd go looking for a Working Stiff Tools

6 hours ago, Aldebaran12345 said:

@KhaineGB I've been wondering for quite a while now. Do the guard captain quests count towards trader reputation? Is there any benefit to doing his quests besides the rewards? I usually don't do them so it doesn't raise my quest level prematurely.

Nope, they don't. So just XP/Rewards. I have a plan for him for A20.

4 hours ago, Doomofman said:

Quick one for you @KhaineGB do Coil/Laser weapons and ammo eventually start dropping in loot when you get to a high enough level (outside of the Tier 5 Buried Supplies that is)?

Coil stuff does. Laser doesn't.

1 hour ago, Thomill said:

10 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

Khaine will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong but from my experience Working Stiff Tool and Pass N Gass Shipping Crates have been where I've found most of mine. 

If I was you I'd go looking for a Working Stiff Tools

^ pretty much this. I think cars can drop them too.

21 hours ago, meganoth said:

You are right, it doesn't work that way (anymore). But if you let the game run, press ESC and alt-tab out of the game you should see differences in the modification date.

I just tested it now and it worked, only that there are often 2 region files with the newest date, possibly because most of the time more than one region file is loaded.

By the way, here is another method to find the correct region file:

Cool tutorial i have access to console server online but not actually in game how can i give me the access ?

6 hours ago, Croustian68 said:

Cool tutorial i have access to console server online but not actually in game how can i give me the access ?

You need to give yourself the rights to execute the neccessary commands by editing serveradmin.xml (which can be found inside the savegame). Then just login with your client and hit F1.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

On 3/24/2021 at 5:15 AM, Varzii said:

I downloaded the newest version and installed it in the d7 folder overwriting what was there to start a new game session.  Everything seems to be ok i start a game it gets all the way to initializing the game and then this window pops up that says 7d2d Unity with some random numbers and a green progress bar runs really fast then the game just closes out.  I looked for that error but the search function on the forums is pretty bad =/  Any thoughts?

*update*

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and then the mod files via Khaine's instructions and it worked so I am not sure what was up with the error.

I am having the same exact issue, except the uninstall/reinstall didn't work.  Go into the game, start a new game, get to the "Initializing World..." part of the loading screen, then I get the little Unity popup box that says something went wrong and the whole game closes out.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling in Steam, uninstalling and reinstalling the mod from the Client link... any ideas anyone?

28 minutes ago, SuperJerome said:

Currently I'm at 5 gb of RAM. Should I  upgrade to more?

Jesus christ yes. 6k maps take 6GB ram on DF.

8 minutes ago, Cidolfus said:

Next suggestion?  That file was 3.3 GB while the Client one was 3.2 GB, but still had the same result.  Tries to load, gets to "Initializing World..." on the load screen, game crashes.

The usual. Uninstall the game, go to steam/steamapps/common and delete the 7 days to die directory, then clear your steam cache (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638) and then redownload the game and reapply the mod.

And if THAT doesn't work, then you need to look at either your PC or your internet connection because one of those is the problem and beyond my control.

9 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Jesus christ yes. 6k maps take 6GB ram on DF.

The usual. Uninstall the game, go to steam/steamapps/common and delete the 7 days to die directory, then clear your steam cache (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638) and then redownload the game and reapply the mod.

And if THAT doesn't work, then you need to look at either your PC or your internet connection because one of those is the problem and beyond my control.

would 4GB of ram be ok for a 4k map :)