Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

16 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Completely forgot to post here. Darkness Falls V3.3A is out! Patch notes as follows.

- Fixed a lot of forge craft times to be as close to vanilla as possible (for normal forges, advanced forges are often faster)
- Added a workaround for AP ammo not correctly reducing armor on soldiers and bikers.
- Fixed the first Blunt Weapons localization saying it causes bleed when it doesn't.
- Fixed steel ammo not properly applying the 25% accuracy penalty.
- Increased Apple and Orange tree size to make them easier to spot.
- Remade the wheat plant.
- Increased collider on the tomato plant so it's easier to pick up.
- Small and Large tank mods can now be installed on the flamethrower.
- memcl command changed to run every hour instead of every 30 mins, and now only runs for local players, NOT for the server.
- Fixed incorrect localization on farmer quest 4.
- Added a corn meal recipe for Super Corn (gives 4 instead of 2).
- Removed eggs and feathers from the animal snare loot list.
- Removed christmas items.

No restart needed. Fully save compatible.

Client (Gitlab/Launcher Primary Download): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19client-master.zip
Server (Gitlab/Launcher Primary Download): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.zip

Client (Gitlab/Launcher Alternate Download): https://5.9.209.22/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a19-client/-/archive/master/darkness-falls-a19-client-master.zip
Server (Gitlab/Launcher Alternate Download): https://5.9.209.22/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a19-server/-/archive/master/darkness-falls-a19-server-master.zip

Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files&BH=9

Any chance we could get an incremental patch rather than having to download the whole mod every time there's a few fixes?

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Also should tell you if you click on the perk level... in theory.

I can't read that text to even begin to guess what the issue is.

Ohh, yikes, didn't see that the quality went to @%$# after posting, im gonna write whats said there later.. 

E: ERR Block Death2XHairsConfig is found multiple times, overriding with latest definition. 

And 

quest_PlayerRespawn already exists or something like that 

In game it says: TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 0100000d (from typeref class/assembly SMXDeath2XHairs, mods, Version= 0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral PublicKeyToken=null

Edited by QuercusLv (see edit history)

8 hours ago, scubahalo said:

Any chance we could get an incremental patch rather than having to download the whole mod every time there's a few fixes?

I uploaded it to my discord, but I think this link will work. It's about 100mb.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/414452645521260546/794494628783063040/DF-V3.3A-Client.zip

7 hours ago, QuercusLv said:

Ohh, yikes, didn't see that the quality went to @%$# after posting, im gonna write whats said there later.. 

E: ERR Block Death2XHairsConfig is found multiple times, overriding with latest definition. 

And 

quest_PlayerRespawn already exists or something like that 

In game it says: TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 0100000d (from typeref class/assembly SMXDeath2XHairs, mods, Version= 0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral PublicKeyToken=null

Did you go from 19.2 to 19.3? Because the only time i've seen that error is when someone didn't do a clean 19.3 install.

4 hours ago, Canute said:

Nope i doesn't.

When i was below 50 the tooltip just show "Requirement not met"

Aha, ok. So I may have forgotten to put that on the masteries.

But any mastery perk requirement is: Must have completed the class quest. Must be level 50.

On 11/18/2020 at 8:13 AM, Appropriate_Pepper said:

@KhaineGB

I’m playing solo on DFalls-Small Map 1. My first play through I did too many quests for my initial trader and the guard captain so by the time I got to the 2nd trader I was already on Tier III/IV quests. Since they were 4 KM apart and I already had a home and horde base near the initial trader, with the motorcycle being locked until level 50 + Master Mechanic, I realized I screwed up, it would take game weeks of running back and forth to continue the quest chain and would only get more tedious with each new tier/trader, so I started over.

On my new game, Hugh was my initial trader. I did his 5 quests and got opening trade routes to Jen. Since she was still at tier 1, I did her 5 quests in a single game day and got another opening trade routes quest, but this one was to a second version of Hugh. The dialogue for “Do you have any more jobs” was already open so my assumption is that the quest chain is now broken and he would never give me an additional “opening trade routes” quest even if I completed the 5 quests for 2nd Hugh.

Is the tedious part in this that it would take you too long to get to the 45 trigger with the quests so high?  Just trying to figure out the new trader mechanics so we don't make a mistake. 

Is the goal here to rush Caitlin or is it just good to do the trading route quests at low level?

Normaly you should a quest to open a new traderoute after each level update.

When you could allready do lvl 4 quest you should have got 3  traderroute quests.

I am currently playing on the smallmap 2, and my first 2 traderoutes lead into the wasteland, and ofcouse i didn't have a hazmat suit to reach them .

Isn't Caitlin the wanderin trader ? Not sure if you get a quest to find her since she is moving around. I only found her once at a previous playthrough and couldn't even find her again.

You only need to change the trader for quests, if you are looking for special stuff from a trader, like vehicles.

Other thing.

I just found a new trader POI, or at last it looks like a trader POI, flag, guards  but no captain or trader.

Is this just a fake trader (like the burned down trader POI with full of zombies) or maybe a bug that no captain/trader are there ?

7 hours ago, Canute said:

Other thing.

I just found a new trader POI, or at last it looks like a trader POI, flag, guards  but no captain or trader.

Is this just a fake trader (like the burned down trader POI with full of zombies) or maybe a bug that no captain/trader are there ?

Captain and Trader could have been killed, but should respawn after a while (maybe a day?). I found "lost" trader settlements, full of zombies, but they had no guards.

Open the mod page, with clicking at "Goto"

then you got the "Pre-sync mod" button.

On 1/3/2021 at 10:25 AM, Canute said:

Other thing.

Captain and Trader could have been killed, but should respawn after a while (maybe a day?). I found "lost" trader settlements, full of zombies, but they had no guards.

I don't think they got killed, it was the first time i arrived at that location/area.

KhaineGB,

just 2 idea's for you.

- Trader quest menu overhaul.

After you select jobs, you got a selection about Tier 1-5, then a selection about availble mission for these tier.

I think many people would like to do other tier mission rather then allways the highest ones. Special Tier5 clear take pretty long.

- There are allready survivors at the game, why not recruit/hire them.

You could interact with them, they show your their level and how much they wan't each week.

If you accept you would get a mannequin you could place on ground (if you place it at your homezone you should be able to pickup it too like workbenches).

You can dress up the mannequin with equipment you own.

They could gain XP and level up during their dutty, but they loose XP/level if they die.

Respawn at the mannequin after awhile once they get killed. If you can't made it that they return to the mannequin after they killed some Z's at range, They should respawn every 6 hours at the mannequin to reset their position.

I tried to do the tier thing with traders.

It worked in SP, but not in MP. Therefore it's not happening until A20 when that functionallity is apparently going to be in the game (according to TFP).

Hirable NPC's are currently disabled due to the fact that the AI was super, super busted, and I think it would be very difficult to impossible to do the rest of the suggestions. NPC's aren't players so don't have levels and skills.

Just notice a bug/curious thing.

When i craft padded armor at my backpack i made quality 41 ones.

At the tailoring bench just quality 1.

Leather or Military armor are at the correct quality at the tailoring bench.

Shouldn't feral,radiated,mutanted soldier drop better weapons then pipe pistol/rifle ?

The loot generel is very low on firearms anyway. Get plenty of mellee weapons, some combount bow/iron crossbow, rare combound crossbow/pistols/p225 other fireamrs are ultra rare.

While chest loot drop steel mellee/armor i got from backpacks mosttimes just scrap iron stuff.

Not sure if that is intended for 3.3(a).

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

With V3.3 and 19.3 the game crashes as soon as i try to open my inventory under Linux. It works under Windows.

I did multiple clean installs of the game and mod under Linux. Also started a new world.

Logs basically says nothing:

2021-01-06T16:28:00 181.597 INF [Steamworks.NET] GameServer.LogOn successful, SteamID=90141743080069128, public IP=18*.19*.16*.20*
2021-01-06T16:28:00 181.609 INF [Steamworks.NET] Trying to create Lobby (visibility: k_ELobbyTypePrivate)
2021-01-06T16:28:00 181.895 INF [Steamworks.NET] Lobby creation succeeded, LobbyID=109775241018637673, server SteamID=90141743080069128, server public IP=18*.19*.16*.20*, server port=26900
2021-01-06T16:28:00 181.899 INF [Steamworks.NET] Lobby entered: 109775241018637673
2021-01-06T16:28:01 182.949 INF Respawn almost done
2021-01-06T16:28:01 182.958 INF PlayerSpawnedInWorld (reason: NewGame, position: 2608, 65, -1096): localplayer
2021-01-06T16:28:03 185.361 INF MinEventLogMessage: XP gained during the last level:
2021-01-06T16:28:03 185.361 INF CVarLogValue: $xpFromLootThisLevel == 0
2021-01-06T16:28:03 185.361 INF CVarLogValue: $xpFromHarvestingThisLevel == 0
2021-01-06T16:28:03 185.361 INF CVarLogValue: $xpFromKillThisLevel == 0
Obtained 0 stack frames.

Any ideas?

It worked fine with 19.2 and V3.2A.

Vanilla 19.3 also works fine.

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

Sorry if this is in wrong place, am I reading this right.... To make Forged Steel in Darkness falls It can only be made from an advanced forge, but for that I need forge steel to make it.... 

Am I reading that right?

Oh, I know you werent, I just wanted to make sure people knew that. :)

I also don't know why it's fine on windows but not Linux, and sadly don't have the source files to try and work it out. I may see if I can reverse-engineer and fix it later. Still got my Ubuntu 20.04 dual boot on here for testing.

Hello everyone, I have this problem: I started a quest for the builder class. And I do not continue beyond the first mission. Can I fix this somehow? Can he start the quest again through the console? Sorry for my bad english.

Just now, Turalin9898 said:

Hello everyone, I have this problem: I started a quest for the builder class. And I do not continue beyond the first mission. Can I fix this somehow? Can he start the quest again through the console? Sorry for my bad english.

Can you give a console command to restart the quest?

Old-school  returning player.  If i recall when you die on horde night the zombies continue to break down your base. But now they just disappear.  As this may loose the scare factor of death and no real need to restart.  Yes I know you can store your lootz and what not at another location.

But is there anyway suggestion on making the game  more unforgiving on this specific mod?  This may me asking to much but other then that this mod is great 😃 

6 hours ago, erock101x said:

Old-school  returning player.  If i recall when you die on horde night the zombies continue to break down your base. But now they just disappear.  As this may loose the scare factor of death and no real need to restart.  Yes I know you can store your lootz and what not at another location.

But is there anyway suggestion on making the game  more unforgiving on this specific mod?  This may me asking to much but other then that this mod is great 😃 

That's something TFP added in vanilla to stop people getting into death loops on bloodmoons.

And yes, I hate it. It's dug pretty deep into the main code of the game though so turning it off is a nightmare.