Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Btw. since i read Growing/Grown.

Could you maybe made it that all plants got the same label ? Basicly the Grown label could be removed. So you just get Seed,Growing while plants which are able to harvest don't get anything extra.

And i notice that you can pickup some cultivated plants with E but you only get 1, when i punch it to harvest i geting the amount based on the skill.

I think it was Goldenrod at last, not sure about others.

And i don't know if anything changed with the latest releases, didn't played for 2 weeks so far.

8 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

If you've been looking in the XML, you might have noticed the min/max speeds are higher than most of the other vehicles.

I SUSPECT  that there might be a hard-coded limit on vehicle speed now. What i'll probably do in the future is look at maybe rebalancing vehicle speeds a little and their accompanying storage to compensate.

I was unsure if the vehicle spike mod would work, but tbh, vehicle mods aren't supposed to work at all, so eh. I'll worry about it in A20. ;)

I suspected the same thing with regards to vehicle speed.

What I am noticing though, is that even with the higher speeds (15, 20), the muscle car is slower than the rest, even slower than the minibike (7, 10). If I had to guess, I would suspect that the mass of the car is set to be much higher than the other vehicles. Can't change those numbers in the XML as far as I know though, so can't really test it.

One thing I forgot to ask in the first post is about the quality of the muscle car. Right now it is set to have 3 tiers. Is the idea that you are supposed to upgrade it on the workbench? That works, but the car itself doesn't give a quality rating nor is it hinted at anywhere in the game that I saw.

In any case, pretty minor stuff, but it does make using the muscle car less attractive to use over the 4x4.

42 minutes ago, Canute said:

Btw. since i read Growing/Grown.

Could you maybe made it that all plants got the same label ? Basicly the Grown label could be removed. So you just get Seed,Growing while plants which are able to harvest don't get anything extra.

And i notice that you can pickup some cultivated plants with E but you only get 1, when i punch it to harvest i geting the amount based on the skill.

I think it was Goldenrod at last, not sure about others.

And i don't know if anything changed with the latest releases, didn't played for 2 weeks so far.

I am pretty sure those labels are hard-coded depending on if it's Class=PlantGrowing or Class=PlantGrown.

And yes, the perks don't work if you press E to pick up plants. I have a potential workaround for that (going to turn all plants into loot containers you open with E and get bonuses based off the perk that way).

Also that workaround means you wont need to punch your planted crops so you don't accidentally punch a seedling into next week, so win/win. :)

26 minutes ago, LAZZ1 said:

Really enjoy the mod,thanks. How to make Laserworkbench when you need 5Xenergy cells to make it.And to make energycells you need a LWB...

A bit lost since Ive never seen any EC drop?

Rgds ,

L

Run bunkers. Do buried supplies quests. T5 buried supplies can have energy cells in them.

1 minute ago, Ribald said:

I suspected the same thing with regards to vehicle speed.

What I am noticing though, is that even with the higher speeds (15, 20), the muscle car is slower than the rest, even slower than the minibike (7, 10). If I had to guess, I would suspect that the mass of the car is set to be much higher than the other vehicles. Can't change those numbers in the XML as far as I know though, so can't really test it.

One thing I forgot to ask in the first post is about the quality of the muscle car. Right now it is set to have 3 tiers. Is the idea that you are supposed to upgrade it on the workbench? That works, but the car itself doesn't give a quality rating nor is it hinted at anywhere in the game that I saw.

In any case, pretty minor stuff, but it does make using the muscle car less attractive to use over the 4x4.

Oh yeah. I forgot I increased the mass on the object in unity to fix some issues with getting up hills and such. May need to mess with the speed later, but that'll probably be for A20.

Would it be possible to make it so mods could be added to sentry guns? Or make a sentry guns in the laser and coil gun version? To make them harder to use  up the power requirements a great deal. Possibly add in a VERY late stage "reactor" power generator that uses the Uranium as the fuel source?

BTW, this mod is AWESOME!!! I love it and will have a VERY hard time going back to vanilla 7d2d.

Edited by joshj808 (see edit history)

Hello, great mod Khaine. 

I got an issue with it now in running it on my desktop as opposed to laptop however. 

I'm getting the following error message:

'Could not load file or assembly 'SharpSvn.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found" comes up when I try to run the Darkness Falls mod'

Can someone help me with that comes up please? How do I fix it please?

Refugee, you are missing a file or files from the 2010 C++ package. You can get that file and any others that are missing from these links:
LINKS:

(x86): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

(x64): https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/Download/confirmation.aspx?id=14632

Download the version according to the type of Windows 10 you have and install it. Also, make sure your Win10 is up to date as well.

I have a few questions,

1. I am trying to make a POI with this mod installed but I cant seem to figure out how to add in guards like the ones at the traders. Suggestions?

2. Can they be re-armed with heavier weapons and armor?

3. Are there "companion" or people that can be hired to explore with you?

4. Can the random Survivors that appear all over the place be interacted with in any way?

58 minutes ago, joshj808 said:

Refugee, you are missing a file or files from the 2010 C++ package. You can get that file and any others that are missing from these links:
LINKS:

Download the version according to the type of Windows 10 you have and install it. Also, make sure your Win10 is up to date as well.

I have a few questions,

1. I am trying to make a POI with this mod installed but I cant seem to figure out how to add in guards like the ones at the traders. Suggestions?

4. Can the random Survivors that appear all over the place be interacted with in any way?

I've tried to download both links but it says 1 is already installed. (setup has detected) 😕

10 hours ago, zbszjz said:

Greeting.I like this mod so much,but i have some questions .Is that the doors in the buildings are randomly locked?  How to disable this function because it change the fixed route. 

Nope. Can't be disabled. Those were added because people wanted to be able to lockpick doors.

So get lockpicking or smashing. Personally, I prefer it because it makes the POI's more random.

9 hours ago, joshj808 said:

Would it be possible to make it so mods could be added to sentry guns? Or make a sentry guns in the laser and coil gun version? To make them harder to use  up the power requirements a great deal. Possibly add in a VERY late stage "reactor" power generator that uses the Uranium as the fuel source?

BTW, this mod is AWESOME!!! I love it and will have a VERY hard time going back to vanilla 7d2d.

Nope.

Ok, this is going to be difficult to explain, but i'll try without the tech babble. Placed guns (not junkies) are blocks. Blocks can't have the same effects as the guns that you carry, hence why gun mods won't work. It's also why laser versions won't work because they won't be able to apply the laser buff to demons.

As for the reactor. I tried. I broke the electric system BADLY. I'll revisit it in the future.

6 hours ago, morph said:

Hello, great mod Khaine. 

I got an issue with it now in running it on my desktop as opposed to laptop however. 

I'm getting the following error message:

'Could not load file or assembly 'SharpSvn.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found" comes up when I try to run the Darkness Falls mod'

Can someone help me with that comes up please? How do I fix it please?

Pretty sure that's a Visual Studio Redsitributable issue...

4 hours ago, joshj808 said:

LINKS:

I have a few questions,

1) You want blocks called DFspawnGuard and you have to add them to the prefab/POI.
2) No.
3) No. I had issues with the AI so that functionality is disabled and will likely remain so until A20.
4) Nope. Not yet anyways.

1 hour ago, Falaffel said:

I cannot spend points on the tech-branch although I am lvl 126, see screenshot. What do I miss here?

1898018807_2020-12-2022_58_50-7DaysToDie.thumb.jpg.5c40be72f8fbe826988100384f63e85a.jpg 

TIA, Fal

That's because you need to make the appropriate item for those perks, which is unlocked via tech crafting.

On 12/19/2020 at 2:15 AM, LAZZ1 said:

Really enjoy the mod,thanks. How to make Laserworkbench when you need 5Xenergy cells to make it.And to make energycells you need a LWB...

A bit lost since Ive never seen any EC drop?

Rgds ,

L

On 12/19/2020 at 2:45 AM, KhaineGB said:

Run bunkers. Do buried supplies quests. T5 buried supplies can have energy cells in them.

The basic problem is that you need a laser workbench to make another laser workbench. This is a design feature not a bug. You really have two choices

- bring the ingredients (plus multitool) to a bunker and make a laser workbench inside the bunker and take it home with you

- buy a laser workbench from Caitlin - very rare and very expensive

Edited by Akrux (see edit history)

Hi!

This mod has been such a blast, thank you for making it.

Yesterday some big issues started in my save and now I'm thinking is it a bug or did the game turn harder on purpose.

Me and my friend are about 50-60 lvls and game stage is somewhere between 70-80 ish. Been dodging every horde night since day 7,because base just is not ready for the horde . Now its Day 39.

We dig really deep before night starts :D .

Issue is that Zombies are constantly spawning and running to our base,this started at day 39. It's like horde 24/7 and it's a daytime. There's about 20-30 zombies and we ran out of ammo because the waves just doesen't stop. We have killed hundreds of them and they just keep coming. 5 Zombi bears, several infected policemen, footballplayers, zombiedogs, screamers, nightstalkers and the list goes on. 

We did not change any settings, kept them as they were from the start. Game isn't fun anymore since we don't have ammo and there is no time to make more or repair the base.

Is it a bug or is this how it supposed to go? 

Thanks!  -Cynfus-

18 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Sounds like you got hit with a wandering horde, decided to go nuts with guns, which called screamers, which are calling more zombies, and you kept going nuts with guns.

Go less nuts with guns to lower your heat.

Thanks for the reply.

There's like 7 screamers at the same time and we are trying to make the existing horde to disappear by driving around. Once the horde disappears and we get back to base, waves start again, without shooting,w/o any interaction with them .We just can't avoid them anymore. 

Going less nuts with guns, how is possible when there is no option to just let the zombies run around the base :( ? Is there something we could do to stop this madness?

More traps.

Seriously. More spikes, barbed wire, etc. That all helps do damage to zombies. Bows, crossbows, molotovs, nail bombs. They all help with damage.

Build your base to do as much damage as possible without your interaction. Then you don't need to go nuts with guns. You can take it a little slower to pick off stuff on low HP.

EDIT: Oh, and silencers. Get silencers. Silenced rifles and pistols are WAY quieter than silenced fully auto weapons.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

We are so newbs that didn't realize it might have something to do with heat activity/map . Maybe if we shut everything and stay out of the base for few hours it will settle down.

Almost all ammo are gone, including bombs and traps are pretty much  impossible to make at this point since they are already in our base.

Ty for reply, have to try something.👍

23 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

That's because you need to make the appropriate item for those perks, which is unlocked via tech crafting.

Oh, thanks. That should be somehow included in the description. And btw I learned that bio and technical boosts are mutual exclusive - after I spent my single demonic essence while sitting on a bunch of nanites -.- 

I don't believe it, but: Is there a way to "unlearn" bio boosts? 

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

Alright, it's up! Here's your notes.

Darkness Falls V3.3 Patch Notes.

- Updated mod to A19.3b6.
- Updated to CompoPack 46.
- Updated Myth's bloodmoon vehicle buster mod so it works now.
- Converted all XML into XPath format.
- Compiled all DF code into a single DLL so Mods.dll is no longer required (still used for SphereII-Core)
- Moved all unity3d files into the Mods folder.
- Added Redbeard's ActiveIngredients harmony mod.
- Lowered craft time bonus from Advanced Engieering as it was causing 0 craft time.
- Added a Lockable Clothing Rack for player housing.
- Added Scrap Iron Bolts.
- Fixed The Completionist not levelling Plasma Axe crafting quality.
- Steel ammo now reduces range and accuracy by 25%, instead of increasing how fast the gun wears out.
- Added AP and HP variants of Steel Ammo.
- Brass Catcher now appropriately returns brass or steel casings depending on ammo type loaded into the gun.
- Fixed incorrect rotation on titanium knuckles.
- Added missing localization for animal coops/snares journal entry.
- Added Scavenger Mastery book.
- Added Scavenger Mastery book to appropriate trader/loot lists.
- Added recipes for the player to make their own mastery books (it is VERY expensive).
- Scrapping a mastery book now gives enough skill notes to make a class book.

- Coilshotgun ammo now uses iron instead of polymers.
- P225, Winchester Rifle, M4A1 and Coilshotgun replaced with high quality models for better "mod" positioning and later animation.
- Lowered craft time reduction on nerdy glasses to see if it helps with the instacraft bug (from 10% to 5%)
- Made the normal paint brush slightly faster.
- Increased range of the normal paint brush.
- Added steel ammo bundles (for all bullet types).
- Added a reduction in stamina use of 2% per mod installed to all scrap+ tools (pickaxe, fireaxe, shovel, wrench and other disassembly items. No bonus for power tools)
- Fixed the crucible not scrapping.
- Added bundles for all coilrounds.
- Removed "learnable" tag from all bundles because you should just be able to make them.
- Fixed UI display for AK-47/M60 damage.
- Moved electric parts from DIY perk level 3 to level 1.
- Lowered DIY perk from 3 levels to 2.
- Fixed the "unlocked by" on the Advanced Brass Catcher.
- Lowered the duration on the buff to make the brass catchers work from 0.1 seconds to 0.01 seconds to see if that helps with auto-fire weapons (M60 was particularly bad)
- Slightly increased the spawn chance of the wandering trader.
- Added T5 fetch quest to the large bunker.
- Very slightly lowered the AOE range on NORMAL demons (Incubus and Succubus still have stupid AOE range).
- Increased quests per tier from 10 to 15 so it takes longer to get to T2, T3, etc when grinding trader faction.
- Fixed the wooden bow not being scrappable.
- Added Cryogrenade (same damage as molotov, unlocked at Demo Expert perk level 5).

- Slightly increase the amount of brass found in loot to compensate for no scrapping.
- Lowered nail craft time.
- Bandages may now work properly on other players/NPC's.
- Lowered duration of buff from Awesome Sauce and Spaghetti.
- Awesome Sauce, Spaghetti and Pumpkin Cheesecake bartering buffs no longer stack.
- Added a new shader for MOST of the reflex sights (coilshotgun not done).
- Removed the items that spawn animals since people kept finding them in creative and breaking their saves.
- Workbench schematic should now unlock level 2.
- Reduced craft time on rebar frames.
- Lowered cost to make action skill books.
- Increased how much iron Steel armor scraps into.
- Edited Crack-a-Book tower to add in more bookcases and more GOOD quality bookcases... because it's a skyscraper... called CRACK-A-BOOK.
- Rebalanced all zombie, demon and boss AI.
- Removed particle effects from the wasteland and desert for better FPS.
- Added an extra drop chance for the Winchester Receiver and completed rifle.
- Hoe should now benefit from Living off the Land.
- Added "Tobi's Balancing Act" super rare rifle mod.
- Tweaked the Liquid Nitrogen mod to see if that helps with zombie movement penalty.
- Fixed the run speed on Auto Weapons 40+ action skill.
- Lowered the cost of the basic armor plating.
- Slightly tweaked the shamway crate loot so there should be more canned food.

- Added a potential fix for Junk Sledge causing NRE's on non-vanilla entities, like animals (you sick @%$#s.)
- All 8 maps remade. Maps ending in 1 are compo pack and Myth's rwg. They have at least 2 of each bunker and at least 1 caitlin. Maps ending in 2 are vanilla RWG, no compo pack and also have at least 2 of each bunker, 1 caitlin and 2 of each skyscraper. (Except the construction site. At least 1 of these)
- Fusion Forge now works as a direct upgrade to the Advanced Forge.
- Laser Workbench now works as a direct upgrade to the Workbench.
- Added an Armor Spikes mod.
- Added Crowbar item.
- Changed Flaming Arrows/Bolts to use Iron Arrowheads rather than steel so there's better progression.
- 15 slot toolbelt now works correctly with shift+number. So slot 11 would be shift+1 and slot 15 would be shift+5.
- Fixed a vanilla bug with hot/cold screen effects not persisting when going from hot to sweltering, or cold to freezing.
- Warrior or higher difficulties are now more... well... difficult.
- Added Christmas Items.

Due to the new maps and all of the back-end changes, THIS ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES A WIPE! Also, for the secondary download, you may get a warning about an invalid certificate. This is because it's hosted on my server in germany, and apparently you can't apply SSL certificates to IP addresses, so feel free to ignore it.

Launcher users should now have an "Alternate Download" checkbox if the primary one doesn't work for any reason. This will pull the mod from my server in germany.

Client (Gitlab/Launcher Primary Download): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19client-master.zip
Server (Gitlab/Launcher Primary Download): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.zip

Client (Gitlab/Launcher Alternate Download): https://5.9.209.22/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a19-client/-/archive/master/darkness-falls-a19-client-master.zip
Server (Gitlab/Launcher Alternate Download): https://5.9.209.22/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a19-server/-/archive/master/darkness-falls-a19-server-master.zip

Client (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/14p9z9ptpROsdFF2z0Dww5Xft-z1-GYkc/view?usp=sharing
Server (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/11jcAWc7P-u4IcI4aIClcUsMbLfj3LGwd/view?usp=sharing

Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files&BH=9