Jump to content

Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...


Recommended Posts

I love this mod, thanks KhaineGB for all your time and effort. Just had weird event I've never gotten before in DF or vanilla. On 19.3 and DF 3.3 using mod launcher. 

   At horde base getting ready for horde night, forgot something and past 1800 (so 4x4 not running) so ran 3 blocks to crafting base and bicycled back. When got back to horde base, my 4x4 and its load of loot had de-spawned. I'd cleared the local area, it was parked in grass next to road, and there was no sign of explosion, so it wasn't attacked and blown up, it was just gone. Walked through where parked, it wasn't invisible.  I'll replace it via console as I've already earned and crafted it, so no huge crisis, but weird.

  Anyone know what might have happened and/or why?

Edited by ryan8438 (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ryan8438 said:

I love this mod, thanks KhaineGB for all your time and effort. Just had weird event I've never gotten before in DF or vanilla. On 19.3 and DF 3.3 using mod launcher. 

   At horde base getting ready for horde night, forgot something and past 1800 (so 4x4 not running) so ran 3 blocks to crafting base and bicycled back. When got back to horde base, my 4x4 and its load of loot had de-spawned. I'd cleared the local area, it was parked in grass next to road, and there was no sign of explosion, so it wasn't attacked and blown up, it was just gone. Walked through where parked, it wasn't invisible.  I'll replace it via console as I've already earned and crafted it, so no huge crisis, but weird.

  Anyone know what might have happened and/or why?

Did you try restarting the game? It might make them reappear.

This bug is from vanilla as far as I'm aware.

Sometimes they duplicate as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ryan8438 said:

I love this mod, thanks KhaineGB for all your time and effort. Just had weird event I've never gotten before in DF or vanilla. On 19.3 and DF 3.3 using mod launcher. 

   At horde base getting ready for horde night, forgot something and past 1800 (so 4x4 not running) so ran 3 blocks to crafting base and bicycled back. When got back to horde base, my 4x4 and its load of loot had de-spawned. I'd cleared the local area, it was parked in grass next to road, and there was no sign of explosion, so it wasn't attacked and blown up, it was just gone. Walked through where parked, it wasn't invisible.  I'll replace it via console as I've already earned and crafted it, so no huge crisis, but weird.

  Anyone know what might have happened and/or why?

 

18 minutes ago, Mythixdino said:

Did you try restarting the game? It might make them reappear.

This bug is from vanilla as far as I'm aware.

Sometimes they duplicate as well.


^ This is correct. It's a vanilla bug. It also DUPLICATES vehicles (along with inventory)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Day

 

I Really enjoy your mod ALOT but I am finding that the general schematics (blue) to be really lacking am i just am not farming in the right area or what even drops them?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi KhaineGB, absolutely love the mod. It made the game interesting for me again. Been playing with my GF all the time again.

We have a dedicated server and noticed a few issues:

-Advanced Brass catchers are not working at all

-I have the Grease Monkey all leveled up but cannot make Gas cans it says I still need the perk.

 

We've made it work without the brass catchers, but man it can get challenging now that we are level 100+

 

I'm a total noob at servers but can get some log files if needed.

 

Tanks in advance

ChriMen

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Heak said:

Good Day

 

I Really enjoy your mod ALOT but I am finding that the general schematics (blue) to be really lacking am i just am not farming in the right area or what even drops them?

 

I may need to look at adjusting the drop rate on that, but I kinda want to re-do a lot of the loot lists for A20 anyways.

 

1 hour ago, chrimen said:

Hi KhaineGB, absolutely love the mod. It made the game interesting for me again. Been playing with my GF all the time again.

We have a dedicated server and noticed a few issues:

-Advanced Brass catchers are not working at all

-I have the Grease Monkey all leveled up but cannot make Gas cans it says I still need the perk.

 

We've made it work without the brass catchers, but man it can get challenging now that we are level 100+

 

I'm a total noob at servers but can get some log files if needed.

 

Tanks in advance

ChriMen


Brass catcher DOES work, but there's a bug. You MUST keep a normal pistol on you and swap ammo between it, or unequip it to fix the problem.

However it's fixed for the 19.4 version.

Gas can is missing off grease monkey, so i'll add it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm slowly starting to get my head around converting from joypad to keyboard / mouse. Now an issue (for me anyway) is the writeable storage boxes...

I run the game from desktop 7d2d mod launcher, I've tried adding /deleting / re-adding it to steam and launching but it comes up with a "not recognised" pop up. So I can't run the game in "big screen" mode. 

When it comes to wanting to categorise my boxes I can't write on them as it comes up with the  "game must be started in big screen mode" message, it's doing my head in now, I've tried a billion times to add it to steam interface but it doesn't have it. The vanilla version works just fine obviously.... What am I missing guys?.... Other than more braincells... 🙄

 

It's a great mod Khaine, this is more an interface issue maybe? 

Edited by morph (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

 

I may need to look at adjusting the drop rate on that, but I kinda want to re-do a lot of the loot lists for A20 anyways.

 


Brass catcher DOES work, but there's a bug. You MUST keep a normal pistol on you and swap ammo between it, or unequip it to fix the problem.

However it's fixed for the 19.4 version.

Gas can is missing off grease monkey, so i'll add it.

Can you also add gyrocopter to the list, I’ve put in a TON of hours into DF, most nights I go demon hunting in the wasteland and have yet to find it as a drop, I think I need to find two pieces as well to assemble. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, morph said:

I'm slowly starting to get my head around converting from joypad to keyboard / mouse. Now an issue (for me anyway) is the writeable storage boxes...

I run the game from desktop 7d2d mod launcher, I've tried adding /deleting / re-adding it to steam and launching but it comes up with a "not recognised" pop up. So I can't run the game in "big screen" mode. 

When it comes to wanting to categorise my boxes I can't write on them as it comes up with the  "game must be started in big screen mode" message, it's doing my head in now, I've tried a billion times to add it to steam interface but it doesn't have it. The vanilla version works just fine obviously.... What am I missing guys?.... Other than more braincells... 🙄

 

It's a great mod Khaine, this is more an interface issue maybe? 

 

I honestly don't use steam Big Picture mode so I have no idea. I just use steams normal interface.

 

5 hours ago, ALT_Pain said:

in the discord how come i only have decayed channel

 

Because you clicked the wrong colour.

 

15 minutes ago, LeonProfessional said:

Can you also add gyrocopter to the list, I’ve put in a TON of hours into DF, most nights I go demon hunting in the wasteland and have yet to find it as a drop, I think I need to find two pieces as well to assemble. Thanks!


Hell no. I hate that damn thing and think it was a mistake to add it. It's staying as-is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

 

I honestly don't use steam Big Picture mode so I have no idea. I just use steams normal interface.

 

 

Because you clicked the wrong colour.

 


Hell no. I hate that damn thing and think it was a mistake to add it. It's staying as-is.

 

What icons / paints does anyone for the different boxes or how do you differentiate between the boxes? I tend to go for a misc box, parts, gun parts... I have the paints for the ammo, guns, medical, food, drink boxes I use. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never saw/notice some writeable storage box paint. Maybe no wonder i have no clue about "big screen" mode either.

Beside the paints for food,medical,ammo,guns i use signs to put before the box and label them proper.

 

Edited by Canute (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KhaineGB said:

I use the lockable storage cos there's loads of different blocks. Cupboards, munitions box, gun safe, metal chest, toolbox, etc.

OK. I'll give that a look. Thanks Khaine 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

 

Brass catcher DOES work, but there's a bug. You MUST keep a normal pistol on you and swap ammo between it, or unequip it to fix the problem.

However it's fixed for the 19.4 version.

Gas can is missing off grease monkey, so i'll add it.

I equipped the pistol and then left it in my inventory and brass catcher is working fine. Thanks, your sir are awesome.. I really appreciate it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Heak said:

Just wondering if my community is the only one getting random mannequins spawning in our base/ random places


That sounds like your server is possessed. I recommend getting a priest. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Afternoon,

 

A group of us play together and we're really enjoying the new experience and challenge this mod brings. Thank you for all of your hard work.

 

We're having some curious map issues and I did not see this elsewhere in thread. Apologies if I missed it.  We're running a server and using the default Navazgane map. Scattered across the landscape are random, single blocks of chain link fence, sandbags, and guard rails. From time to time these are causing a null reference error (the log says these blocks do not have a shape defined... the error is intermittent and does not interfere with game play). Additionally, most vehicles appear to be spawning one block too low and without tires. These are vehicles like fire trucks and cars abandoned on roads or in driveways, etc.

 

I was very surprised by the random blocks given this is not a random map. Is this something unique to us (perhaps some kind of corruption)? Does anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve it if that's possible?

Edited by Mihail
bad grammar (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet most of the car issues are my new ones. I need to run them through unity AGAIN and try to fix them.

The random stuff? Honestly no idea. I haven't been able to reproduce it at all.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this is mentioned in the forum somewhere (attempted a search but didn't see anything); first time running this mod on a dedicated server, generated a RWG and received this error at startup:

 

The referenced script (StealthScreenOverlay) on this Behaviour is missing!
The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'WeaponCamera') is missing!
A scripted object (probably StealthScreenOverlay?) has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 32 bytes but expected 56 bytes)
Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?

 

Server still started, but wondering is this is a known issue, or something common/normal. DF is only mod i have installed on a base game.

 

Thanks for any info!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Question about Dfalls-VSmall2 map.

 

I could be mistaken but I though there are a total of 4 bunkers with one large tent and a small tent that leads into the labs with the laser workbench and a portal.

 

We found one raided it and got those pesky purple notes and walked out with a forged laser bench. Last attempt at going in after it was raided on a different version of the server was basically suicide.

 

I have been able to find 1 bunker with the tents and the portal. It was in the wasteland. We have tried looking everywhere in the waste land and have not found another. I know they're usually in towns. 

 

We did find a smaller one in the burned lands.

 

Are we supposed to find more than 1 bunker in the waste land?

In this version of the map the wasteland ended up in the south of the map, not sure if this matters, but that area tends to be smaller for the biome that spawns there.

 

All help greatly appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...