Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I was gonna say I can't read that, but it looks like the end of stream error.

End of stream error when connecting to a server typically means "This server doesn't have enough RAM."

I'd do what Canute said. Boot the mod in single player first. ALWAYS test in single player before trying to connect to any kind of server. Then boot the server and check for errors in the log/terminal window before connecting, then connect.

That helps minimize issues and determine if it's a client or server error.

Hello, absolutley addicted to Darkness Falls at the minute. Love the mod!

I have accidently deleted an opening trade routes quest heading to the 4th trader. I tried using 'givequest quest_tier4_nexttrader', also givequest quest_tier1_nexttrader_jen

(as it was for trader jen) none of these seemed to work.

A couple of questions... will I keep getting opening trade routes quests, if I just go to the trader and do missions. I'm basically hoping to get sent to trader caitlin eventually. I could just find her manually, just a bit annoyed I deleted the quest with a missclick. Also does it even matter? If I turn up to a random trader and do missions for them, will they give me trader rep and send me to other traders?

Thanks for all the effort you put into the mod anyways, it's amazing compared to vanilla.

Edited by Mephisto1234
missed part of my question (see edit history)

5 hours ago, shureareki said:

Im sorry if this has been answered but we have been playing this mod and love it. one of my admins drank a grandpas forgetting elixir and lost all the mining/athletic points he had is there any way to get them back through a command?

Tell them to stop messing about in the creative menu.

And he's hosed. He's not gonna be able to get classes back. He'll need to delete his profile.

3 hours ago, TechieZero said:

For a new server using vsmall1 map --- it get hung on creating the player. Never gets past it.

Dedi server log attached...its too long to cut and paste here. Saw some interesting out of bound, Delta,  and spawn messages. Going to try a different map.

output_log_dedi__2021-01-13__08-15-40.zip 9.54 kB · 0 downloads

Tried small1 map --- still no luck. The world downloads, it inits, goes to the MOTD screen --- hit continue --- and it never resolves.

6 hours ago, TechieZero said:

For a new server using vsmall1 map --- it get hung on creating the player. Never gets past it.

Dedi server log attached...its too long to cut and paste here. Saw some interesting out of bound, Delta,  and spawn messages. Going to try a different map.

output_log_dedi__2021-01-13__08-15-40.zip 9.54 kB · 0 downloads

Gonna be honest, I am NOT a server guy. If my server doesn't work, I nuke it and reinstall.

I'd also check the mod works in SP first.

5 hours ago, morph said:

How does one go about getting the Wasteland Treasures perk unlocked? (for bigger backpack capacity) 

Wasteland treasures doesn't unlock larger backpack capacity. Pack Mule does.

Thanks a lot for this mod, really enjoying the experience!

I tried sifting through the 268 pages but can't seem to find a good answer to my question:

First time playing this mod. I find quite some schematics but when reading them the item (for example cement mixer) will not unlock. Are they locked behind levels/perks or did my installation of the mod go wrong?

-Hels

5 hours ago, Helstar said:

First time playing this mod. I find quite some schematics but when reading them the item (for example cement mixer) will not unlock. Are they locked behind levels/perks or did my installation of the mod go wrong?

Yes, most of them need some other requirements.

You should seek the cement mixer at the skill page, then you prolly see a red hash (or how this is called in engl.) at the right side.

Move the mouse over it, and the tooltip will show you what else you are missing.

When it just display "Requirement not met" it is level limit, like for all Master skills you need lvl 50.

1 hour ago, ersandgren said:

Just starting out with this amazing mod. Problem is, game hangs and crashes when i choosing recipes  on the blank class paper.

Tried deleting profile completely.

😢

I would say it is that you installed it not correct,

or you use other modlets that cause problems.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Canute said:

I think Scavenger allow you to build medium backpacks and with Master Large backpacks at the tailor bench.

But that is a class not a perk.

Medium backpack isn't locked. Anyone can make it. Just needs a tailoring bench.

6 hours ago, Helstar said:

Thanks a lot for this mod, really enjoying the experience!

I tried sifting through the 268 pages but can't seem to find a good answer to my question:

-Hels

Schematics often unlock perks, which is not the same as vanilla. So check the perks list. If you see a perk in red, click on it, then click on the perk level to get the description and it'll tell you what the requirements are.

2 hours ago, ersandgren said:

Just starting out with this amazing mod. Problem is, game hangs and crashes when i choosing recipes  on the blank class paper.

Tried deleting profile completely.

😢

If you're on windows, increase your windows paging file size.

If you're on Linux, go into the Mods folder and delete the active ingredients folder.

8 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

increase

21 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Medium backpack isn't locked. Anyone can make it. Just needs a tailoring bench.

Schematics often unlock perks, which is not the same as vanilla. So check the perks list. If you see a perk in red, click on it, then click on the perk level to get the description and it'll tell you what the requirements are.

If you're on windows, increase your windows paging file size.

If you're on Linux, go into the Mods folder and delete the active ingredients folder.

Wow relay fast answer! I'm  linux, Thanks worked like a charm!

17 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Gonna be honest, I am NOT a server guy. If my server doesn't work, I nuke it and reinstall.

I'd also check the mod works in SP first.

Yeah I now tried the small1 map in SP and that is hosed as well. I have a feeling its map related. Have you tried all of them? Which are you using sucessfully?

Small1 map work fine at my side.

Just started a new game with it.

I suggest that you should delete the 7D2D steam installation, not uninstall because uninstall don't delete files that don't belong to the current version but might cause trouble.

Delete the used copy for 7D2D .

Reinstall 7D2D with steam, and install the mod manualy or with the Mod-launcher.

1 hour ago, TechieZero said:

Yeah I now tried the small1 map in SP and that is hosed as well. I have a feeling its map related. Have you tried all of them? Which are you using sucessfully?

They all worked for me. The only one I had an issue with, I think was VSmall2. Sometimes it derps out on the cave generation near one of the towns.

KhaineGB,

i just got an idea about the traders.

Currently the POI of the trader's are fixed but not invulerable anymore. They got mosttimes all kind of destroyed workbenches and with some luck even working ones.

My idea are now, the Trader POI's improve while you support the trader with quests, buying/selling, or gifting cash/resources.

Tier 1 would be just a trailer or shack with 1-2 guards, maybe with a barbwire fence.

While Tier 5 would be have concrete/steel (Caitlin maybe titanium) wall's with traps around, 4 (6) guards each side, working workbenches of all kind.

And ofcouse the stuff the trader offer  would be scale with the tier.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Having the trader POI update based on what tier you're at for quests is actually really difficult.

I COULD grant the player resources to upgrade it on new tier, but I bet most folks would just go spend it on their base.

But when the player or players decide to live inside the trader POI ?

Why building an new own base and not assist the trader, and get protected a bit by him ? 🙂

Since the trade is 24h open and the POI isn't invulerable anymore it should be possible.

Just think about it and discuss it with your people on Discord ! 🙂

1 hour ago, morph said:

I've unlocked Master Scavenger and got pack mule fully levelled (5/5) but still can't unlock the bottom lot of backpack slots in Darkness Falls, anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Did you build and equip medium or large backpacks at the tailor bench ?

Really enjoying this mod, quick question - does Pummel Pete have effects on fist/knuckle weapons?

It references "Blunt weapons" in the description and both fists and clubs increase the "Blunt weapons" skill so it leads me to be believe it would do, but wanted to check before I sink points in to it?

1 hour ago, Ajbass said:

Really enjoying this mod, quick question - does Pummel Pete have effects on fist/knuckle weapons?

Ask youself, what weapon skill goes up when you use them ?

Since it is Blunt, the skill should affect them.

Since we just speak about fist/knuckle.

Anyone else think they need to be moved into an own weapon category (if that is possible) ?

They don't swing like club,bat,hammer and some of them got blades on them.

I think it is to easy to switch the blunt weapons, and it is a total different to swing with a 1h club or a 2h hammer or use fist.

But ok, that's maybe a generell request for vanilla then for this mod only.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)