Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Is there a way to disable the green witch? She's killing my gameplay and performance and basically ruining the mod for me. Week 2 she spawns in a horde with some mobs with 4k hp and regen, running at nightmare speed. Keeps spawning mobs until the game runs around 20ish fps. Another time i was in the lab poi and the performance of the demons is already really bad (all the dynamic lights they give off i guess) and she spawns on of those hordes on top of the poi.

8 hours ago, Steward118 said:

is trader Hugh bugged atm? I just started a new game on Med 1 map and Hugh is the first trader I'm sent to but I can't interact with him to complete the quest. 

Or try to talk with the guard captain.

That end the quest for me too.

More a general question not sure if it's just DF - do weapons/tools lose slots as they degrade? For example,  a sniper rifle with five slots as it's quality 56 degrades over time to 41 and then it would have say three slots if I just looted it - does that occur or does it keep its base slots at its initial quality? And it does lose slots, what happens to the mods? :) Thanks

1 hour ago, Thundy said:

More a general question not sure if it's just DF - do weapons/tools lose slots as they degrade? For example,  a sniper rifle with five slots as it's quality 56 degrades over time to 41 and then it would have say three slots if I just looted it - does that occur or does it keep its base slots at its initial quality? And it does lose slots, what happens to the mods? :) Thanks

I saw a weapon loosing a slot, and found the dropped mod in my inventory. Lucky me, I had room in my backpack ;) 

46 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

I saw a weapon loosing a slot, and found the dropped mod in my inventory. Lucky me, I had room in my backpack ;) 

This might be what happened to my pistol silencer then. I noticed it had gone and I had one I thought I'd looted.....

I realy liked the trader factions together with the updated Buried supplies quests.

What do you think about the idea to give each trader a trade focus for his secret stash ?

When you look for medicin you goto Ren, automatic weapons at Joe.

While only Hugh only sells vehicles better then minibike.

5 hours ago, Mrjohn1337 said:

Is there a way to disable the green witch? She's killing my gameplay and performance and basically ruining the mod for me. Week 2 she spawns in a horde with some mobs with 4k hp and regen, running at nightmare speed. Keeps spawning mobs until the game runs around 20ish fps. Another time i was in the lab poi and the performance of the demons is already really bad (all the dynamic lights they give off i guess) and she spawns on of those hordes on top of the poi.

Best way to do it is to find zombieScreamer and copy her code, then replace the contents of zombieScreamerRadiated with it. That saves having to edit all of the entitygroups.

Or make less noise. :p

4 hours ago, Thundy said:

Yes they lose slots. Mods are returned to the inventory, assuming you have room.

2 hours ago, Xeno8221 said:

Is there something I can change so the big forge make sounds like the forge?

Nope. Not gonna lie, i've never been able to get that to work. I need to go back to looking into that now I have more experience.

41 minutes ago, Canute said:

I realy liked the trader factions together with the updated Buried supplies quests.

What do you think about the idea to give each trader a trade focus for his secret stash ?

When you look for medicin you goto Ren, automatic weapons at Joe.

While only Hugh only sells vehicles better then minibike.

Actually, me and the testers were talking about that yesterday. We're looking at potentially re-doing all their inventories, secret stashes, quests AND quest rewards to keep with each traders "theme."

3 hours ago, Canute said:

But you need to be careful with the workbench combine.

When the result don't got the gear symbol for mods, you shouldn't take it and remove the mod's from the item first.

Mostly happen with the DF+Sorcery when you installed a sorcery rune.

Yeah this caught me out a few times . I don't think I had anything except normal mods but it ate the mods alright. :)

4 hours ago, kimsgrim said:

Question for you guys. Trying to get a fresh 7daystodie install without Darkness Falls, but every time I uninstall and reinstall, the darkness falls files come back with it. How do I avoid this?

bet $$$$ that you haven't gone to the install folder and manually deleted the leftover files after Uninstalling the game :).

In general uninstallers typically only uninstall The Official files, which mean's that anything modded will be left over.

A couple issues with the muscle car. First, it is rather slow compared to other vehicles, maybe this is intended. Second, the turbo engine does not increase the speed of it. Neither does changing the speed or torque values in the xml. I can change the values to make it slower, however. Seems like it might be a value in the unity3d file causing it.

I tested this rather crudely on a long stretch of road in a larger city. timing the various vehicles the 4x4 would make the length of the road in ~30 seconds, the motorcycle in ~32 seconds (should be slightly faster than 4x4 imo, but whatever), the minibike in ~38, and the muscle car in ~40 seconds.

Also, the vehicle spikes mod does not seem to work. They vehicles do ~20 damage to zombies with or without the mod. Looking at the character stats screen while IN a vehicle shows a damage of 21, I'm not sure if that is actually accurate though. Changing the value in the xml does not change the damage either. Changing the operation type does nothing too.

I do seem to recall TFP changing vehicle damage, perhaps they have it set to a fixed amount now?

Apologies is this has already been posted, just a slight bug.  With the assassin skill maxed out, bows do 4x sneak damage.  However, when using Taza's Bow, the multiplier is reduced to 2x, and this change carries over to say a compound bow if you switch back.  This reduction of sneak damage persists until you restart the game.  It's a shame because I was looking forward to using the slayer of monsters too.

13 hours ago, Ribald said:

A couple issues with the muscle car. First, it is rather slow compared to other vehicles, maybe this is intended. Second, the turbo engine does not increase the speed of it. Neither does changing the speed or torque values in the xml. I can change the values to make it slower, however. Seems like it might be a value in the unity3d file causing it.

I tested this rather crudely on a long stretch of road in a larger city. timing the various vehicles the 4x4 would make the length of the road in ~30 seconds, the motorcycle in ~32 seconds (should be slightly faster than 4x4 imo, but whatever), the minibike in ~38, and the muscle car in ~40 seconds.

Also, the vehicle spikes mod does not seem to work. They vehicles do ~20 damage to zombies with or without the mod. Looking at the character stats screen while IN a vehicle shows a damage of 21, I'm not sure if that is actually accurate though. Changing the value in the xml does not change the damage either. Changing the operation type does nothing too.

I do seem to recall TFP changing vehicle damage, perhaps they have it set to a fixed amount now?

If you've been looking in the XML, you might have noticed the min/max speeds are higher than most of the other vehicles.

I SUSPECT  that there might be a hard-coded limit on vehicle speed now. What i'll probably do in the future is look at maybe rebalancing vehicle speeds a little and their accompanying storage to compensate.

I was unsure if the vehicle spike mod would work, but tbh, vehicle mods aren't supposed to work at all, so eh. I'll worry about it in A20. ;)

9 hours ago, Aradael said:

Apologies is this has already been posted, just a slight bug.  With the assassin skill maxed out, bows do 4x sneak damage.  However, when using Taza's Bow, the multiplier is reduced to 2x, and this change carries over to say a compound bow if you switch back.  This reduction of sneak damage persists until you restart the game.  It's a shame because I was looking forward to using the slayer of monsters too.

Fixed for DF 3.3.

4 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Another farming thing:

Carrots and tomatos never grow to final state, they stay in grown state. I've planted them on the same test farms with others, so they share the same ground and same water supplies. I harvest other stuff already 3 times, but ALL carrots and tomatoes are still just "grown".

When you plant it, you can read "growing" and when it has germinated, "grown".

Sorry, my english is bad... use Google Translator.

7 minutes ago, ketekojo said:

When you plant it, you can read "growing" and when it has germinated, "grown".

Yep, when planted their state is "seed", evolving to "growing" and finally "grown".

I of course ment they stay in "growing" state and never reach "grown".

4 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

They've been working fine for me and other folks because I know people have been using them to make ink

But they don't work for me. In two separate games, one single player and another one multiplayer.