Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

*sigh* getting

darkness_falls/darkness_falls/data/stamps/desert-ground1.raw is denied

I wiped out the launcher and redownloaded it. uninstalled the mod and opened the path to it and wiped out manually as well and reinstalled everything and im getting that message. The base game does work, something isnt working right.

Khaine, Thanks for making the DF Mod. I have been playing it for at least a year. We have 4 or 5 guys that play it on a server that I am friends with. The 19.3 update works great for single player. We usually use a server that Calbo provides (He has posted earlier). I have tried other servers to see if the same issue happens. I get all the way to creating player, and I get the same errors. I will provide 3 screen shots. 

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

S3.jpg

Edited by Chevy24go (see edit history)

I'm using the Mod Launcher, and can't seem to figure out how to get it to download the V3.3. I clicked on the Delete Complete button to wipe out everything I had to remove the old mods/copy of 7days from Steam, then selected to copy from local copy (which is in a different steam folder). It copies over, then I click to Pre-Sync Mod, but it only shows Current Mod Version as 3.2A.

How do I refresh the Mod Launcher to show the new version 3.3 as available?

3 hours ago, Raheal said:

How do I refresh the Mod Launcher to show the new version 3.3 as available?

Be sure you update 7D2D to 19.3 before.

Then just do the installation like you did before. Don't take over modlets you might have installed at the regular game.

I just tried it myself and it is working fine.

10 hours ago, Chevy24go said:

Khaine, Thanks for making the DF Mod. I have been playing it for at least a year. We have 4 or 5 guys that play it on a server that I am friends with. The 19.3 update works great for single player. We usually use a server that Calbo provides (He has posted earlier). I have tried other servers to see if the same issue happens. I get all the way to creating player, and I get the same errors. I will provide 3 screen shots. 

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

S3.jpg

So the first error means the server isn't loading the DLL's, which is very common with server providers.

The second is often a result of running a map too large for the amount of RAM the server has.

10 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

So the first error means the server isn't loading the DLL's, which is very common with server providers.

The second is often a result of running a map too large for the amount of RAM the server has.

The server is using 20gb of memory and the map is 8k.   However its no problem to load a differrent map.  The dll issue you mention is there a solution for that.  Should we contact the server provider?

Hey Khaine, it looks like you lowered the initial skill books from one to two on single player. I'm playing on Survivalist - so maybe it's based on difficulty level now? That would be cool, actually. I always thought that two skill books were a little much in the beginning, at least on the higher difficulty levels.

Never mind. I never noticed before that you get an additional blank class paper when you open the backpack. My suggestion still stands though, maybe limit ti to one on the higher difficulty levels.

Edited by scubahalo
Beer (see edit history)

44 minutes ago, ChronosMecha said:

Living off the land - Rank 5

Picking wild crops still harvest 1 instead of 2.

Pickup with E is allways 1, only when you harvest (punch,axe on tree) the skill count in.

Be careful some planted plants could be pickup with E too, you need to punch the,

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

10 hours ago, calbo2020 said:

The server is using 20gb of memory and the map is 8k.   However its no problem to load a differrent map.  The dll issue you mention is there a solution for that.  Should we contact the server provider?

If your server is using 20gb, you've got a problem. I'm only using 6.5gb on a 10k map (after boot and letting it settle for a bit).

3 hours ago, ChronosMecha said:

Living off the land - Rank 5

Picking wild crops still harvest 1 instead of 2.

Also a lot of the errors I had with my server was players running 7 Days 19.2 instead of 19.3 with mod 3.3.

Using E doesn't give the benefit. You have to punch them. That's been answered several times in this thread.

And I need to know what errors, though my guess is you didn't clean install the server. YOU MUST DO A COMPLETELY CLEAN INSTALL GOING FROM 19.2 TO 19.3!!!

25 minutes ago, ketekojo said:

Khaine, fist... great job and excelent mod.

Question: the DF Maps is dublicated, are in the /DATA/WORLD folder and in the /MOD/ folder, are they the same maps?

You didn't clean install. Almost everything was moved from the Data folder to the Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore folder. The only exceptions are: Edited navezgane, UMATextures.

9 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

You didn't clean install. Almost everything was moved from the Data folder to the Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore folder. The only exceptions are: Edited navezgane, UMATextures.

I actually noticed the same thing.  I cleaned the old install out and then used the launcher.

Edited by belowzeros (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Canute said:

But you are the mod author, maybe contact and ask the author of the mod launcher why the launcher is doing this.

Yes I am, but that doesn't mean I'm required to go tell SphereII about a launcher bug when I CONSTANTLY recommend doing manual installs over using the Launcher.

I mean, I probably will because I talk to him a lot anyways, but even so...

3 hours ago, michimatsch said:

@Canute

I am pretty sure he got enough spinning on his plate. He creates the mod because he wants to. He'll add stuff and do stuff if he wants to.

Asking him in this way seems to imply you are owed this.

Could anyone enlighten me to how animal traps and animal feed are supposed to work?
Also baby animals.

Coops/Snares have to be outside on dirt. It was the best way I could simulate them needing to be outside (I may alter coops later so they can be indoors, but not the snares).

Baby animals... pen them in, place the block down, animal spawns. That's it. Eventually they die of old age, but if you have a male and a female, they make babies.