Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

1 hour ago, Uncle_Shoggoth said:

Just joined to post this @KhaineGB, sorry if it's a silly question!

I'm setting up the 3.3 dedicated server, and I can't see any of the usual DFalls maps in the Data/Worlds folder. The serverconfig file still refers to the old DFalls maps, so is this unintentional?

Appreciate your hard work.

Thanks!

That's because they were moved to Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore/Worlds

28 minutes ago, AnvarN said:

Hi! Just installed mod 3.3 and got tons of mistakes 

unknown.png

You definitely don't have something installed right. It was tested by the testers yesterday on a clean install and working fine.

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

That's because they were moved to Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore/Worlds

You definitely don't have something installed right. It was tested by the testers yesterday on a clean install and working fine.

I am also having the same issue. Cleaned my 7 days to die files through steam by verifying game integrity. Then installed darkness falls 3.3A from the first link for github. Unless the first link is corrupted somehow. I repeated this about 3 times and still the same result.

1 hour ago, Clam Chowder said:

I am also having the same issue. Cleaned my 7 days to die files through steam by verifying game integrity. Then installed darkness falls 3.3A from the first link for github.

Steam delete game and verify files does not remove the old mod installation. It removes ONLY steam owned files.

So you still have the old mods in the old path as Khaine wrote above.

Manually delete the mod folder from your 7d2d installation (probably also the prefabs, don't know if they have been changed) and THEN reinstalling the mod should do the trick.

Or similar: Even if you completely uninstall the game via steam, still make sure the entire installation folder is deleted!

Just now, Liesel Weppen said:

Steam delete game and verify files does not remove the old mod installation. It removes ONLY steam owned files.

So you still have the old mods in the old path as Khaine wrote above.

Manually delete the mod folder from your 7d2d installation (probably also the prefabs, don't know if they have been changed) and THEN reinstalling the mod should do the trick.

Or similar: Even if you completely uninstall the game via steam, still make sure the entire installation folder is deleted!

yup yup i did exactly just that just wanted to came here to say that as well thanks!

Just now, Liesel Weppen said:

Hey Khaine  I did a complete wipe of my server and did fresh installs of the game and the mod.  I also did a complete wipe of my game on my pc.  I removed steam, the game and all folders and registry keys associated with steam or 7d2d  and funpimps.   Here is the error report i get when I load the game.  Any ideas or suggestions

error log.jpg

Edited by calbo2020 (see edit history)

Hi mate,

Like the mod and really well done;

I normally play my title on hardcore and i note you have this option in the configs and write up? i have followed the instructions within both XML's to unlock hardcore mode, however when completing a death post level 6 you still retain all benefits gained with levels ect ect??

Could you confirm Hardcore is still live and well within Darkness Falls?? potentially some assistance. I noticed within the entities xml part of the buff code remains "black" so excluded from the xml...

Any help appreciated.

3 hours ago, Geoituz said:

Hi mate,

I normally play my title on hardcore and i note you have this option in the configs and write up? i have followed the instructions within both XML's to unlock hardcore mode, however when completing a death post level 6 you still retain all benefits gained with levels ect ect??

Could you confirm Hardcore is still live and well within Darkness Falls?? potentially some assistance. I noticed within the entities xml part of the buff code remains "black" so excluded from the xml...

Any help appreciated.

Hey man, if you look on the DF discord you can find their hardcore mod, I've linked the zip here also. About to start a new hardcore myself...good luck to you!

2-DFHardcoreMode.zip

11 hours ago, ravend said:

I had to remove the game from steam and wiped it on the launcher. but now i cant even play darkness falls period, everytime i launch i get something saying there isnt called mono and wont launch.

Someone on the discord had that yesterday. No idea how/why, but a reinstall fixed it.

10 hours ago, calbo2020 said:

Hey Khaine  I did a complete wipe of my server and did fresh installs of the game and the mod.  I also did a complete wipe of my game on my pc.  I removed steam, the game and all folders and registry keys associated with steam or 7d2d  and funpimps.   Here is the error report i get when I load the game.  Any ideas or suggestions

error log.jpg

Is that single player or on a server?

10 hours ago, Geoituz said:

Hi mate,

Any help appreciated.

I might have forgotten to re-enable the code when I was updating everything. I'll look into it later.

7 hours ago, senjik said:

Hey man, if you look on the DF discord you can find their hardcore mod, I've linked the zip here also. About to start a new hardcore myself...good luck to you!

2-DFHardcoreMode.zip 5.97 kB · 2 downloads

Morning,

Thanks' for the link, I've also just joined the discord, just waiting on entry..

The Hardcore mod you linked have you managed to get it to work? i've placed in the mods folder, gained a level 8 to remove noob jacket, placed bed roll and block kicked a cow died, yet all remains including levels and points? am I missing something (thanks again)

On 12/22/2020 at 3:45 AM, KhaineGB said:

Alright, it's up! Here's your notes.

Darkness Falls V3.3 Patch Notes.

Client (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/14p9z9ptpROsdFF2z0Dww5Xft-z1-GYkc/view?usp=sharing
Server (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/11jcAWc7P-u4IcI4aIClcUsMbLfj3LGwd/view?usp=sharing

I am not sure if these 2 google drives are updated or any of the drives are updated for the new world files...please confirm.

- All 8 maps remade. Maps ending in 1 are compo pack and Myth's rwg. They have at least 2 of each bunker and at least 1 caitlin. Maps ending in 2 are vanilla RWG, no compo pack and also have at least 2 of each bunker, 1 caitlin and 2 of each skyscraper. (Except the construction site. At least 1 of these)

Don't see this Bossman.

Oh an before I forget Merry Christmas!!! 🎄

Edited by TechieZero (see edit history)