Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

18 hours ago, morph said:

I've unlocked Master Scavenger and got pack mule fully levelled (5/5) but still can't unlock the bottom lot of backpack slots in Darkness Falls, anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I built and tried all backpacks and put some points in pack mule, but I cant unlock the last few slots. Thus, I think it is impossible, and we have to live with some unlocked slots.

2 hours ago, Falaffel said:

I built and tried all backpacks and put some points in pack mule, but I cant unlock the last few slots. Thus, I think it is impossible, and we have to live with some unlocked slots.

How about the rigging mod for chest armor slot, or the other 3 pocket mods for the 3 clothing slots?

Edited by Raheal (see edit history)

On 1/14/2021 at 7:09 PM, morph said:

I've unlocked Master Scavenger and got pack mule fully levelled (5/5) but still can't unlock the bottom lot of backpack slots in Darkness Falls, anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

You need all pack mule ranks, 3 triple slot mods and then a medium backpack AND advanced tacticaal rigging, or a LARGE backpack and normal tactical rigging.

And I think that unlocks all but 1 slot.

EDIT: Oh! Goth pants and overalls also unlock 3 slots instead of 2, so you'd want one of those, then some kind of shirt for another 2 and a coat for 3.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

I am playing 19.3 on a totally clean and fresh install and I noticed four bugs:

1) Radiation zone does no damage even without any radiation protection (gear or pills). When I travel into the radiation zone the screen turns yellow green, the red icon flashes and there is a scripted warning. However even if I stay in the rad zone for an hour there is no damage to my health or stats.

2) Taking the first point of the skill Health Nut boosts maximum health to 300. I am not sure about this as it was a while ago and I was not at 200 HP max when I did it but I am pretty sure.

3) I just bought the first two points of Physical Conditioning under technology and my max health went from 300 to 400. It took a few minutes to kick in but it clearly happened.

4) After dumping 5 points in Quicker Crafting my crafting speed went up by far more than the specified 25%

Great game keep up the good work. Thanks

Been playing the mod for a while now at day 36 ingame with gamestage (140ish) having an absolute blast. Buuut yesterday went to mine for some lead and did my usual of plugging up the top with frames so nothing would just drop on my head. Started off with the auger and blasted through a bunch of the vein before the first screamer appeared (completley new area of the map so 0 heat) all in a days work I grab my rifle and smack her along with the tourist, then decide it might be a good idea to check around since a screamer never comes alone and as expected she has a friend coming that's easily dealt with using my crossbow since she didn't aggro yet.

The kicker is the 3rd feral radiated screamer who was hiding in behind a tree or something behind me, that runs up slaps me and proceeds to summon

4-5 cops

3 Feral wights

2 Radiated dogs

and about 10-15 other zombies of which most are feral.

Long story short about 8 bandages a stack of 9mm and a lot of swinging the club I manage to crawl away with about 15% hp left a broken leg, sprained arm and 15% infection.

I know screamers are a bit more evil but at this point I'm scared to go mining again without setting up a frigging reinforced concrete wall around me :D

Anyone have a good way of dealing with this?

Or just use a pickaxe and mine a bit slower, that don't draw that much attention and don't generate that much heat then an auger.

Did you try to do lvl 5 burried treasure quest yet ? It is about the same amount of zombies beside the cops.

My way to deal with them to have a long straight hallway, placed some wood spiked along  and at the end a robotic turret.

The spikes slow them down, while i can shoot them mostly at the head.

Ofcouse they can try to break throigh from about instead to move the way, so you better have an escape route.

15 hours ago, Resania said:

Been playing the mod for a while now at day 36 ingame with gamestage (140ish) having an absolute blast. Buuut yesterday went to mine for some lead and did my usual of plugging up the top with frames so nothing would just drop on my head. Started off with the auger and blasted through a bunch of the vein before the first screamer appeared (completley new area of the map so 0 heat) all in a days work I grab my rifle and smack her along with the tourist, then decide it might be a good idea to check around since a screamer never comes alone and as expected she has a friend coming that's easily dealt with using my crossbow since she didn't aggro yet.

The kicker is the 3rd feral radiated screamer who was hiding in behind a tree or something behind me, that runs up slaps me and proceeds to summon

4-5 cops

3 Feral wights

2 Radiated dogs

and about 10-15 other zombies of which most are feral.

Long story short about 8 bandages a stack of 9mm and a lot of swinging the club I manage to crawl away with about 15% hp left a broken leg, sprained arm and 15% infection.

I know screamers are a bit more evil but at this point I'm scared to go mining again without setting up a frigging reinforced concrete wall around me :D

Anyone have a good way of dealing with this?

Use a pickaxe for mining. The auger is designed for mass clearance, not gathering resources.

Also silenced pistols and silenced rifles make WAY less noise than auto weapons and shotguns. So I recommend those for dealing with screamers.

27 minutes ago, Iamcool1495 said:

how to get rid of invisible blocks?

im trying to build a 3 high wall, i can place the bottom and top blocks but not the middle, i know something is there because i can place the top block and it just floats there

Huh, that's odd.

Hit it with a rocket? I've seen that destroy invisible blocks.

9 hours ago, Iamcool1495 said:

how to get rid of invisible blocks?

im trying to build a 3 high wall, i can place the bottom and top blocks but not the middle, i know something is there because i can place the top block and it just floats there

Pretty sure that it's a vanilla bug.  I had it happen to me playing a mostly vanilla game.  A search suggested trying to place the block while in Debug Mode, which I tried, but it didn't really work.  Eventually it just placed (despite showing up as red) after I tried like 15 or so times to place the block (it was part of my foundation, so it was a pretty important block.).

So if you haven't tried to place the block a bunch of times (despite it showing red) try doing that (in Debug Mode if that's an option for you) and hopefully it eventually places.

4 hours ago, TyeChii said:

How do I fix higher quality items without them degrading? I have the 5th level crafting perk for guns/armor/ect. but that only prevents degrading once it's at 51. Is there a way to fix the higher quality stuff I craft?

At the workbench you can combine 2 items together.

You can use that to repair the higher one.

On 1/15/2021 at 11:06 PM, KhaineGB said:

You need all pack mule ranks, 3 triple slot mods and then a medium backpack AND advanced tacticaal rigging, or a LARGE backpack and normal tactical rigging.

And I think that unlocks all but 1 slot.

EDIT: Oh! Goth pants and overalls also unlock 3 slots instead of 2, so you'd want one of those, then some kind of shirt for another 2 and a coat for 3.

How do i create a Large Backpack and the tactical rigging? Think I have the rest.. 

Hi has any thought been given to putting together a wiki for this mod? I see a lot of people asking similar questions and as a newish person myself I would love to have a place that documents all the details. I would be interested in helping to contribute to such a wiki, if it existed. 

4 hours ago, _-Phoenix-_ said:

Hi has any thought been given to putting together a wiki for this mod? I see a lot of people asking similar questions and as a newish person myself I would love to have a place that documents all the details. I would be interested in helping to contribute to such a wiki, if it existed. 

You're not the first one to suggest this, but I think it would be way more trouble than it's worth. Too many changes to the game to keep up with. Even the "Official"  wiki is ridiculously out of date. I'd rather see Khain spend his time on the mod itself (which,  I gather, is already pretty much a full-time job). And you couldn't do a proper wiki without his input. Maybe once the game actually gets out of Alpha it would be plausible, but since it's already been in Alpha for over 7 years, I wouldn't hold my breath - LOL!

5 hours ago, morph said:

How do i create a Large Backpack and the tactical rigging? Think I have the rest.. 

Just search for them at the producation.

At the description you would see the required skills/class and workbench with the tools.

Hi,

I see that 6 prefabs have duplicated names between vanilla (\Data\Prefabs\) and DF (\Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Prefabs\).

They are : skyscraper_02 and the 5 traders

The content of XML are not excatly the same.

Is this intentional ?

Does DF prefabs have a priority on vanilla prefabs in the game ?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, morph said:

Advanced tac rigging is security mastery. Large backpack is survivalist mastery.

9 hours ago, _-Phoenix-_ said:

One of the players in discord was working on one. Not sure what happened with that.

3 hours ago, 7d2dMP said:

Hi,

I see that 6 prefabs have duplicated names between vanilla (\Data\Prefabs\) and DF (\Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Prefabs\).

They are : skyscraper_02 and the 5 traders

The content of XML are not excatly the same.

Is this intentional ?

Does DF prefabs have a priority on vanilla prefabs in the game ?

Thanks.

The DF prefabs overwrite the vanilla ones. They're intended to be there.

What is the necessary standing with a Trader to get Master classes?

Also, was Kage's book added by you?
We found it in a bunker in the dessert and it felt a bit like a joke.
I mean. We cleared that bunker, found a secret room and got 16 skill notes?
Might as well not have given us something lol.

The bunker was great though.

8 hours ago, michimatsch said:

What is the necessary standing with a Trader to get Master classes?

Also, was Kage's book added by you?
We found it in a bunker in the dessert and it felt a bit like a joke.
I mean. We cleared that bunker, found a secret room and got 16 skill notes?
Might as well not have given us something lol.

The bunker was great though.

Yes, that book was added by me. It can spawn in ANY bookcase. It's not bunker-specific.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Yes, that book was added by me. It can spawn in ANY bookcase. It's not bunker-specific.

Oh, lol. Okay. We got really confused there.

5 hours ago, Canute said:

No, there are 3 way's to get the master unlock:

- spend 10 skill points

- craft the master book (my favoured)

- buying it for 100k from a trader with good standing (never did that myself i just read about it).

What is "good" standing though?
I heard people talk about good standing but not what number that actually is.

Does anyone else get desync issues after a certain time in games or are our machines to weak?
Playing on Darkness Falls Extra Large 1.

Was fine until around 22 days.  It should be noted that we massively expanded exploration around 20 but we could explore before just fine but now my friend is constantly a few minutes behind.

I'm having an issue getting the mod to load a map. I just reinstalled with a fresh game and mod installation. The game loads, I can make my profile and all that, but the game crashes at "initializing world". It brings up a Unity error pop-up and crashes to desktop. I've played this mod before but I've never had this problem before.