Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I'm doing MUCH better right now. I actually worked on the mod a bit today, so that's good. :)

I just tend to hide for a bit when that happens, because it makes me very irritable and I don't want to inflict that crap on other folks.

Hey Khaine. Glad to hear you're doing good. Most of my comments were questions that the kind community of folks here answered for me. The bulk of the issues I had with things like "the object you're trying to instantiate is null" went away when I used the mirror. Wanted to say thank you as I'm fighting off going stir crazy during the quarantine by diving heavily into Darkness Falls :) Really enjoying it. Still have to get back to the bunker and give that another go.

The only unanswered I had was whether the bunker/research station can be reset like typical quest POI's? Or is there another way to reset a POI so that my friends I'm playing with that weren't along the first time can experience them?

I know that going crazy thing. The main issue i'm having is the whole "Can't just pop to the shops" thing.

The small bunker has a quest attached to it, and can be reset. The large bunker does NOT have a quest attached to it, but I did set it up as a quest POI so server owners should be able to reset it (at least from what i've been told, haven't tried myself)

Hey Khaine what unlocks the alternate Steel Arrow and Steel Bolt recipe for the regular workbench (v2.50.1)?

When I click on the recipe in the items list it initially shows the Unlocks tab and it's all blank ("unlocked by" screen). Then when I click on the actual ingredients and description tabs they behave normal and I can see the ingredients list but there is no Unlocks tab.

I see you have the alternates set to tags="learnable,workbenchCrafting". I do have Steel Crafting, Workbenches, etc. It's like it's broken or missing data. Can you reproduce or am I being a dummy? I just wanted to see if the alternate took cloth because I ran out of feathers and stumbled across this.

Edited by belowzeros (see edit history)

I only see recipes for the steel arrow made from feathers or scrap polymer, not cloth.

However, the recipes are definitely wrong. I meant to change them so they could be made in the backpack if you have the parts. So it sort-of is a bug. :)

nono, cloth isn't the prob. I ran out of feathers so was going for the alternate recipe because I was used to using cloth like the lesser arrows.

The scrap polymer is the one that isn't working and shows locked. I can craft the recipe with feathers but the polymer recipe seems broken.

Assuming you did NOT use the mod launcher:

For any mod, especially overhaul mods, it's best to install in a separate folder than your main steam game folder. BUT, if you *have* installed into your main steam game folder, the easiest method to go back to vanilla would be to:

rename the current "7 Days to Die" folder to something like "7 Days to Die - Darkness Falls", and then that'll keep DF installed in that game folder that you can run the .exe directly from to play the mod, and then go into steam, right click the game, choose Properties, choose Local Files, then click "Verify Integrity of Game Files" to re-acquire the vanilla files in a regular steam folder.

i apparently leveled to the point (165 or so ) where some zombies, even birds, are on fire, whether they are awake or asleep. the burning soldiers go down and then get right back up. crafted a coil rifle w/ AP ammo, knocks them down they get right back up. rocket launcher has the same effect and they toss bombs or something also. i've mastered everything, farmer laborer, etc, haven't started the tech class yet though if that makes a difference. my two questions are 1. how does one kill these guys, and 2. i haven't seen any titanium. i have a hazmat suit and have visited the irradiated areas but so far have seen no indications of titanium. having a lot of fun playing this, nice job. one bug i'm experiencing is i get the console popping up every few seconds in the cold environment. never happens in the other biomes, just snowy ones. always paranoid it is going to get me killed as the bike stops until you close the console and get back on the W key.

i apparently leveled to the point (165 or so ) where some zombies, even birds, are on fire, whether they are awake or asleep. the burning soldiers go down and then get right back up. crafted a coil rifle w/ AP ammo, knocks them down they get right back up. rocket launcher has the same effect and they toss bombs or something also. i've mastered everything, farmer laborer, etc, haven't started the tech class yet though if that makes a difference. my two questions are 1. how does one kill these guys, and 2. i haven't seen any titanium. i have a hazmat suit and have visited the irradiated areas but so far have seen no indications of titanium. having a lot of fun playing this, nice job. one bug i'm experiencing is i get the console popping up every few seconds in the cold environment. never happens in the other biomes, just snowy ones. always paranoid it is going to get me killed as the bike stops until you close the console and get back on the W key.

1.) Those are demonic zombies/vultures. They have a health bar like everything else so in close proximity you should be able to see when they die. The problem is they very quickly regenerate and have a LOT of health (1500ish). If you stop attacking them to reload or whatever they can easily go back to full health. Two things seem to help with this. Laser weapons disable their regen (I think) for a limited time, like the Rad Remover mod does for irradiated zombies. Also there's a Blessed Metal mod you can put in your weapon to double the damage against demons. I'm not entirely certain how it all works, but I've had a lot of luck using an M60 and a Blessed Metal mod to kill them.

2.) It took me a bit to figure out mining in this game but it's the same everywhere. The regular rocks at the surface will sometimes have metals in them when you break them. That indicates there's possibly a node underneath. If you dig down and hit stone carve a circle about 3-5 blocks around where the surface rock was out until you see additional sand/dirt going down. If you don't then I move on as I've dug a lot there and not found anything. If you do find additional sand/dirt there's usually at least one resource there just after the sand/dirt that continues down. Most times there's 2 or I've even found 3 clustered together. That's just how it seems to work generically. Titanium (and uranium and plutonium) are found the same way but in the wasteland (irradiated area).

3.) Not sure what error you were getting in the console so not sure what to tell you there.

well that certainly helps! Thanks! think i have the rad remover and blessed metal mods installed but will recheck. i was shooting from a distance and couldn't get a good look at their health bars. i need to find the notes/book/whatever to start the tech tree. i did find a guy in what looks like a set of fallout power armor. 10K to hire him seemed a little pricey after i hired one of the girls and she lasted about 2 minutes. let me research these demonic zombies, tried burning soldiers but no hits. titanium info got me videos of people finding it in the wasteland in visible nodes and their wasteland wasn't irradiated, earlier versions i guess. i never took a screen shot the error message. it started when i was exploring the NW limits of the map. thanks again for the help.

Assuming you did NOT use the mod launcher:

For any mod, especially overhaul mods, it's best to install in a separate folder than your main steam game folder. BUT, if you *have* installed into your main steam game folder, the easiest method to go back to vanilla would be to:

rename the current "7 Days to Die" folder to something like "7 Days to Die - Darkness Falls", and then that'll keep DF installed in that game folder that you can run the .exe directly from to play the mod, and then go into steam, right click the game, choose Properties, choose Local Files, then click "Verify Integrity of Game Files" to re-acquire the vanilla files in a regular steam folder.

Thx Guppy!

. one bug i'm experiencing is i get the console popping up every few seconds in the cold environment. never happens in the other biomes, just snowy ones. always paranoid it is going to get me killed as the bike stops until you close the console and get back on the W key.

I think a zombie must be doing that. it happens to me occasionally on horde night and I've noticed there is always a cold zombie around

Ok, we are trying to learn this mod the best we can, but are curious about a few things. The number one thing is that the Laser Pistol and Rifle are stuck at level 41. Is this normal? No matter how many points we have put into the future tech, we can not go any higher, and several of us have all of the classes completed. Is there a special Perk or something else we have to get to have a higher level Laser weapon or?

nono, cloth isn't the prob. I ran out of feathers so was going for the alternate recipe because I was used to using cloth like the lesser arrows.

The scrap polymer is the one that isn't working and shows locked. I can craft the recipe with feathers but the polymer recipe seems broken.

Found it and fixed locally. The one that uses plastic had tags=learnable when it shouldn't have, so removed. :)

I know Niil answered a couple of these... but...

The wasteland stuff is SLIGHTLY bugged. Currently working on fixing that locally and need to test it.

The console I tracked down to a LAUNCHER error. It was overwriting the FrozenZombies.unity3d file with another one, bugging out the cold zombies. I removed the file that the launcher was trying to copy over it (last week I think) so I would try re-syncing and see if that sorts it out.

Does the big map have the sci fi bunker? i found trader catlin but i have not found the sci fi bunker with the laser workbench yet. I am on the largest pregen maps. Spent about an ingame week looking for that bunker.

I assume you mean DF Large? If so, then yes.

There's a caitlin in either corner, and a bunker in the other corners. So if you found caitlin in a north west corner (as an example), there would be another in the south east corner. The bunkers would then be in the north east and south west corners.

Ok, we are trying to learn this mod the best we can, but are curious about a few things. The number one thing is that the Laser Pistol and Rifle are stuck at level 41. Is this normal? No matter how many points we have put into the future tech, we can not go any higher, and several of us have all of the classes completed. Is there a special Perk or something else we have to get to have a higher level Laser weapon or?

That sounds like I screwed up. Will check into it. :)

Found it and fixed locally. The one that uses plastic had tags=learnable when it shouldn't have, so removed. :).

It's for steel bolts and arrows in case you only fixed one. That's for looking into that :)

k something new. I was wondering if there was any point to wrenches after the steel pickaxe was unlocked. I accidentally discovered a quality 41+ fully modded and perked out steel pickaxe will shred full cars in 4 sometimes 3 quick hits and barely any stam vs turning a wrench for a lot longer time. I seem to get all the same mats vs wrenches in some very rudimentary testing and I'm a mechanic. Or is the steel pick axe misbehaving? ... I thought maybe a wrench was for engines or oil but i seem to get both with the pickaxe albeit much lower %.

My frames are frequently in the yellow now. It seems to be a POI but I cannot pinpoint which one. Also, the wandering traders disappeared around day 5-6 and I am now on Day 32 - haven't seen the Wandering Traders since. Help!

Found it and fixed locally. The one that uses plastic had tags=learnable when it shouldn't have, so removed. :)

I know Niil answered a couple of these... but...

The wasteland stuff is SLIGHTLY bugged. Currently working on fixing that locally and need to test it.

The console I tracked down to a LAUNCHER error. It was overwriting the FrozenZombies.unity3d file with another one, bugging out the cold zombies. I removed the file that the launcher was trying to copy over it (last week I think) so I would try re-syncing and see if that sorts it out.

I assume you mean DF Large? If so, then yes.

There's a caitlin in either corner, and a bunker in the other corners. So if you found caitlin in a north west corner (as an example), there would be another in the south east corner. The bunkers would then be in the north east and south west corners.

Hey, thanks for the reply, i think i know what you are talking about, i recognized a big bunker with a "tank" in it from war of the walkers. I will go and check that out later. I have a ton of demon essence from closing the portals, is there any plans to make uses for them besides bio booster perks? i saw that you can't perk both tech booster or bio booster, and the nanite boosters are what i will opt in.

I noticed that if you mod hazmat suits or power armor, you lose the rad protection, is this a feature or a bug?

loving the mod, really improves the game quite a bit. Thanks for the hard work.

I noticed that if you mod hazmat suits or power armor, you lose the rad protection, is this a feature or a bug?

I've had no problem modding both of those. Try taking one piece off and putting it back on after modding. Mechanically it seems like the game temporarily takes the piece off if you're wearing it and you try to mod it. Maybe somewhere in there it's not catching that you have the complete set on.