Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hi, not sure if this has been brought up before, but this thread is 200+ pages, so that's a lot to sort thru:

My friend and I are running into an issue with the UI not reflecting the actual amount of food we've eaten. This is also effecting our max stamina and HP, despite having taken perks to increase the 2 of them past 100. In the character pane (the one you get via pressing B) it is showing that the max is in the 70s, when it should be well over 100.

Also, unrelated, but are there rock nodes for the various components (coal, nitrate, etc) as there are in vanilla?

Hi urinal

How did you fix max HP and stamina issue.

Because I have same problem.

I believe this is a feature not a bug. At least it seems to happen regularly and fairly consistently. Seems to happen after death (not sure if 1 or multiple). After being alive for a while your max health should slowly return.

Hopefully someone can come along and confirm

Oh yes, if put any skill point the upgrade my food and water, not upper. Example: 63 food and 110 water. Why? The skill is say: upgrade the level 110 food and water. No debuff. Trying god mode, push the q button, again q buttom off the god mode, and nothi g happen. 63 food and 110 water. I have die 1 time for 5 days. When die, lowered the food level?

This is my favorite mod to date. Thanks for all the work you and the others have put into it, appreciate it!

I've briefly scanned through the forum here to see if I could see similar posts to what I am about to type but I haven't as of yet, so....

It's worth noting that I am using A18.1 (b8). That could be why I am having some of the issues?

I have been testing out the DF A18 build and have found a few issues.

1 - On the Laborer Class quest chain, it says to craft an Iron Reinforced Club but then the actual item that it tells you to craft is a Wooden Club. Not a big deal but just wanted to make you aware in case nobody else has.

2 - Unless you have changed the way that the SciFi lockers and storage chests are accessed, they are inaccessible (attached a screen of what I see). All it displays is the container name.

3 - Iron is a bitch to find. Is that intentional or am I blind and not looking in the right places? It seems that 90% of all rocks have lead and then 9% other materials and 1% have iron. A bit exaggerated, yes, but you get what I'm trying to say, lol.

Keep up the awesome work dude!!!

20191201035821_1.thumb.jpg.b8fed445ffe04d01b07d15b4d03bb0f0.jpg

This is my favorite mod to date. Thanks for all the work you and the others have put into it, appreciate it!

3 - Iron is a bitch to find. Is that intentional or am I blind and not looking in the right places? It seems that 90% of all rocks have lead and then 9% other materials and 1% have iron. A bit exaggerated, yes, but you get what I'm trying to say, lol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30834[/ATTACH]

What world are you playing on? Are you on a premade or RWG? i've been playing on small 2 for example and i've had no problems finding iron. Iron vein right next to one of the traders in the snow that borders the forest in the south west corner. I've played a bit of Small 1 as well and not had any problem find it as well.

What world are you playing on? Are you on a premade or RWG? i've been playing on small 2 for example and i've had no problems finding iron. Iron vein right next to one of the traders in the snow that borders the forest in the south west corner. I've played a bit of Small 1 as well and not had any problem find it as well.

Been running the DFalls-Small3 world and never found a vein of anything but lead. Dug in pine forest biome, desert and wasteland. I was in all biomes busting rocks to see if maybe iron was more plentiful in one biome than another and none of them had anymore iron than the others. Weird, maybe there was a hiccup.

Have you made it to the Research Lab to see if the containers are working for you?

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Outsida92
question (see edit history)

Hello and a BIG thanks to you and Seph for this mod and for getting the mod launcher working again! I am back to playing the experimental version and enjoying it:) was "stuck" playing the vanilla version for a few weeks:(

One thing I have noticed and did not see it addressed here. Items that stack (like the wood frames) that are on the tool belt do not continue to stack if new ones are picked up or crafted. The new ones go into inventory and then need to be manually added to the tool belt stack.

Update, I have noticed that only the last 2 tool belt spots do this. The other ones work as they did before the extra tool belt spots where added

Apologies for lack of replies. Been in bed unwell for most of the weekend.

Howdy @Khaine, I got the mod installed and running smoothly but even after reading 2 books of forge ahead when I look at my forge ahead perk it says they're disabled by status effect. I thought ok maybe it's a level gated thing then I got to level 10 and still locked. What am I missing?

Need Tool Crafting 1 for level 1, 2 for level 2.

Hey all. I'm running this mod on the Small pregen. We have a problem where the world keeps crashing while seemingly doing nothing. Is there a log file or something I can generate to see what's going on and possible post here as a bug if needed?

Are you playing via steam or on a dedi? That matters to tell you where to look for the log file.

Hey Small question is it Possible How "deactivate" Your's HUD ? .

i just want too use a clean hud.

Nope.

Why implemented forge tools because not using. Blowing stu

ff not put the small forge. The desc. say put the forge and speed up. Not correct this item description? Lot of dokumentation is missing.

They're used in the big forge and advanced forge.

Ack! Sorry! We've managed to rectify the issue, and it's not a bug. Sorry :x My previous question about the nodes still stands though

The nodes are gone and replaced with the surface boulders. The surface boulders still work the same way as the vanilla nodes though, so you have to whack them to see what you get, and then dig down to find the resource. :)

Oh yes, if put any skill point the upgrade my food and water, not upper. Example: 63 food and 110 water. Why? The skill is say: upgrade the level 110 food and water. No debuff. Trying god mode, push the q button, again q buttom off the god mode, and nothi g happen. 63 food and 110 water. I have die 1 time for 5 days. When die, lowered the food level?

Localization error. Health nut increases your wellness by 10 per rank. This also increases the MINIMUM wellness, so Health nut 0 means your lowest health/stamina will be 50. Health nut 5 means the lowest will be 100.

Hello khaine,

When this will be available for latest build?We Radeon users can run this one more stable.

When 18.2 goes stable. Not before.

Is it possible to disable spiders?

If you don't mind editing the XML, then yes. Otherwise no.

I've briefly scanned through the forum here to see if I could see similar posts to what I am about to type but I haven't as of yet, so....

It's worth noting that I am using A18.1 (b8). That could be why I am having some of the issues?

I have been testing out the DF A18 build and have found a few issues.

1 - On the Laborer Class quest chain, it says to craft an Iron Reinforced Club but then the actual item that it tells you to craft is a Wooden Club. Not a big deal but just wanted to make you aware in case nobody else has.

2 - Unless you have changed the way that the SciFi lockers and storage chests are accessed, they are inaccessible (attached a screen of what I see). All it displays is the container name.

Keep up the awesome work dude!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30834[/ATTACH]

1) This was fixed in Build 3. Was a localization issue.

2) Also fixed in Build 3 but requires resetting the region or the POI.

3) Also fixed in Build 3. Forest biome has Iron/Lead/Nitrate, as an example. :)

Update, I have noticed that only the last 2 tool belt spots do this. The other ones work as they did before the extra tool belt spots where added

Known and not an easy fix. I've been trying to patch it and I just keep making things worse.

Hey, I know what you are saying KhaineGB, about the skill, yet this gentleman is correct. I upgraded the skill, and my max food level/health continually seems like it jumps down, and is stuck at 60. This is even when using medkits which should raise max health. Or medical bandages, or honey, etc. so on and so forth.

Are we missing something? I don't remember it being like this before.

I can not find ANY titanium in mines.... have started about 15 mines where the service rock indicates titanium in the wasteland, but NOTHING (spend about 18 hours just on mining now) also did not find any Titanium trophies...

Also ... Eve only give you level one missions.... done about 80 missions already

Hey, I know what you are saying KhaineGB, about the skill, yet this gentleman is correct. I upgraded the skill, and my max food level/health continually seems like it jumps down, and is stuck at 60. This is even when using medkits which should raise max health. Or medical bandages, or honey, etc. so on and so forth.

Are we missing something? I don't remember it being like this before.

As mentioned, the skill raises your WELLNESS which is your max health. The localization is incorrect. It does not set it to 110/120/etc, it just adds 10 per rank.

And it's been working fine in that regard for a lot of people.

I can not find ANY titanium in mines.... have started about 15 mines where the service rock indicates titanium in the wasteland, but NOTHING (spend about 18 hours just on mining now) also did not find any Titanium trophies...

Also ... Eve only give you level one missions.... done about 80 missions already

Did you update to B3?

And Eve is supposed to do that. The second quest in her quest line is given to you after you finish the first. It doesn't appear in her list.

18.2 stable has released. did u have planned to go for the update to 18.2? and may i can ask when?

When it's done. Got all the XML done today. Need to do localization but that needs a heavy re-write since TFP changed how it works.

nvm.. Went looking for Sniper Rifle, as is the name on the parts and skills, but item is actually called Marksmanship rifle.

I'm no modder, but would love if someone could tell me where to disable the feature about plants needing water. Yeah, I know RL farming and planting, but in this game, for me, it is one of those mundane things that serve no purpose and quickly becomes tedious.

That, or perhaps add a system that connects the working sink to some irrigation pipes. Add a electric pump if need be to balance difficulty or whatnot, but to run around switching buckets and filling and dropping water .... it really feels like a speed hump on a race course.... just doesn't fit in mid-to- late game for me.

Edited by Marinxar (see edit history)

As mentioned, the skill raises your WELLNESS which is your max health. The localization is incorrect. It does not set it to 110/120/etc, it just adds 10 per rank.

And it's been working fine in that regard for a lot of people.

Hey, not complaining at all! I totally understood. May I ask generally then, what would raise the health once lost? Because quite literally nothing I try (other than adding those ranks of course) raises it, food, medpacks, weeks of in-game time, etc. Or is it a permanent loss?

Really enjoying btw :)

or perhaps add a system that connects the working sink to some irrigation pipes.

Rain Catcher. Dig a 3x3 hole, dig 1 deeper in the center. Place Rain Catcher. It will continue to catch water in that basin. Hoe the area 2 wide around the 3x3 hole. Plant and enjoy!

what would raise the health once lost?

Cooked food. All cooked food has a wellness rating (even though it isn't listed). Even baked potato will raise your wellness slowly (something like 0.2 each, I don't really know the rate). Just keep eating good cooked food and it will slowly rise... I know it is rough trying to get above the base (50) because dieing is so easy to do early game in Darkness Falls, but eating good food is how you raise wellness (max health/stamina).